Les Miles. What a fucking dumbass.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Les Miles. What a fucking dumbass.

Post by Mikey »

Nice clock management there. 17 seconds ran off after that last screen before they called a TO.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

That was some of the dumbest shit ever, I couldn't believe it.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

After watching him during his stint at Oklahoma St, does this really suprise anyone?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, what was worse, burning seventeen seconds before calling the time out, or not even having his FG team ready for the last play?

Les has got to be the luckiest title winner ever.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

we'll take him. :oops:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

I won't be surprised if Les gets back to Baton Rouge and his house is burnt down. LSU fans are going apeshit right about now. That was the most pathetic coaching effort ever. In field goal range and you're still passing the ball when they are blitzing the shit out of you? And you have two timeouts?? Horrible does not even describe that last minute of play.
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

I totally agree that letting 17 seconds run off the clock before calling the TO was the real mistake. I don't know what the hell he was thinking. I give credit to both football teams though, that was a really good football game. I came away pretty impressed with Ole Miss and still impressed with LSU. I missed most of this game due to watching the GREAT Connecticut/ND game but what I did watch was impressive. Yes, I'm giving props to two SEC teams whose names aren't Florida and Alabama :)
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Absolutely no excuse for why it took so long to call that last timeout. The point of using the timeout is to have some extra time to plan on what you want to do on that fourth down play. If you somehow convert to keep the drive alive, you have time to run a couple plays or you can go conservative and just clock it on first down to get the clock inside a few seconds to set up for the GW kick.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

not the first time Lester has been somewhere between unconventional and flat dumb in the closing minute (Auburn a couple years ago comes to mind). it his, however, the first time he got caught in a position on national TV where a baboon would be laying points in tic tac toe.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i like him throwing his qb under the bus. nice 'michigan man' there. hope the other "michigan men" who've been riding dickrod's arse just because he wasn't les miles around the time lllloyd retired reflect on this little incident.
TIGRDOG
Jake

Post by TIGRDOG »

Late to post.....but let me just say, I've never hear a post game call in show like I heard sat nite....6 freaking hours of bitchin :D and It continued Sunday.....many callers had to be cut due to F*bombs and GD this and dat....was hallerious. Miles is on the hot seat fer sure and regardless, his offensive coord needs to go yesterday.... fuk miles for throwing Jefferson under the bus too.
DRILL HERE.. DRILL NOW.. VAS TIER ------ REBDOG
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Miles shouldn't be on the hot seat but he shouldn't be throwing his kids under the bus either. When asked in the post game presser who made the call to spike it with 1 second to go, Miles answered "I don't know." THAT call should have come from the HC. At the very least, the HC needs to know who made the call.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

OTL just exposed that faggot. They showed a clip of his presser saying repeatedly, "I don't know who told him to clock it."

Then they showed a clip of him motioning Jefferson to spike it. This guy should be fired. Lying and throwing your QB under the bus is the last thing you want to do. I'm sure Jefferson and the rest of that offense will go all out for Les against Arkansas. :meds:

If I were Jefferson, I would've called my own play and won the damn game. However, Les probably would've taken all the credit.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Damn, the comparisons between Miles and Scuba Steve are uncanny.

Coach in the SEC...check.
Trickery play calling...check.
Constant shit-eating grin...check.
Throwing players under the bus...check.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...