Mangino

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Mangino

Post by King Crimson »

degenerate, mook.....truth to the rumor he's being pushed out for health reasons?

no matter the bowl eligible Big XII North, the guy looks awful .
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Re: Mangino

Post by Cornhusker »

He's being (possibly) pushed out for being a tyrannt "allegedly."
Seems some players are claiming some sort of abuse. Not just verbal.
Had a meeting with the AD and the meeting was reported as "not so reassuring for Mangino"

Hey Kansas, you need to know who you are. A basketball school.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Kept parking illegally on campus and flipped out on the student who ticketed him. edit: that was a long time ago, before he got his own parking spot. The hoops you have to jump through (pun intended) for a fb coach at bb school.

He's the white whale.

The verbal abuse stuff - it's gone on as long as he's been there, to my knowledge. In '02 or '03 he went nose to nose with a Kansas HS official at game in Lawrence his son was playing in. A friend of mine was there and said the whole scene was embarassing, even by obnoxious sports parent standards. Treats his players like dogshit, always has. I don't know about the made physical contact part of it that some parents are complaining about, but if you're in the same room with the guy, you're probably making physical contact with him.

From what i hear, Perkins got tired of the complaints and at least is going through the motions to satiate the parents. And he has cover since the bottom has fallen out over the last five weeks.

Health-wise, i don't know. The rumors run the gamut. But just look at him.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

The kid's real name is Bode Lubber.

B. Lubber
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Cornhusker wrote: Hey Kansas, you need to know who you are. A basketball school.
Don't they own your ass?
Everyone owns the collective NU's basketball team's ass. Everyone.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Nice try. I'm talking football.
Oh OK.

Series record:
NU leads the series 90-23-3

NU is 43-4 since 1962 vs. Kansas. And won 35 straight in that period.
They have played ever year since 1892.

That better?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Degenerate wrote:Image

The kid's real name is Bode Lubber.

B. Lubber
This thing has legs, methinks...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Posted just because that image will never cease to be funny.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

From what i hear, Perkins got tired of the complaints...
You mean, this Perkins:

???

By the way, this is the REAL Mangino baby:

“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Mangino defends his tactics, program
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4672600

Ex-players: Coach said 'hurtful' things
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4669621

I'm gonna take a stab here and guess that this shit wouldn't be happening to the Big Guy if KU was in the Top 25 and had a winning record in the Big 12. :meds:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Yeah there are other things being said as well. Some things that personally make my stomach turn and toes curl. Such as the full bathroom that the Kansas AD had to have installed adjacent to his office complete with shower and trash bin for the towels he has to use to wipe his ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmAYpAzN ... r_embedded
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

What's the problem here? Kid deserved to get his ass handed to him, and Mangino served it up.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

I'm a little late to the thread......I don't think there is any doubt at all he will be gone...it's just when.

Personally, I believe most of what has been said about Mangino.....that said, I think the way Perkins and KU has handled this has been awful. Mark Mangino, for all his faults helped bring success and visibility to Kansas that frankly, has never existed. For that he deserves to be "let go" in a much better fashion. I'm not sure why KU couldn't have waited 15 days and fired him stating that they didn't like the direction the program was heading. This bullshit about an investigation and being "abusive" to players is just absolutely ludicrous and unprofessional in my opinion. Mangino deserves to be treated better in my opinion. I don't really care if he gets fired, I can see the reasons for doing that.

Kansas and Lew Perkins however might be forgetting where Kansas falls in the college football picture. As a Kansas fan it isn't hard for me to visualize myself in 2014 remembering the good old days under Mangino when we regularly contended for bowl games...Kind of like the Chiefs knowing that they could do "better" than Marty Schottenheimer. Ugh, that turned out well. The enemy of good is better.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The local radio show quoted some of the things Mangino allegedly said to his players. Pretty disgusting stuff. IF true, then the guy is a gigantic piece of shit and needs to be axed immediately.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Mook wrote:I'm not sure why KU couldn't have waited 15 days and fired him stating that they didn't like the direction the program was heading.
That's a hard one to pull off after just one bad season.

If the admin wants him gone - and i'm beginning to think they are starting to view this as a long-term recruiting issue - then better (from their perspective) to stoke the fires of him being a shit human being as a way to grease the skids for his exit.

That said, i'll take Mangino over Terry Allen (MM's polar opposite) any day.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Degenerate wrote:
Mook wrote:I'm not sure why KU couldn't have waited 15 days and fired him stating that they didn't like the direction the program was heading.
That's a hard one to pull off after just one bad season.

If the admin wants him gone - and i'm beginning to think they are starting to view this as a long-term recruiting issue - then better (from their perspective) to stoke the fires of him being a shit human being as a way to grease the skids for his exit.

That said, i'll take Mangino over Terry Allen (MM's polar opposite) any day.

I agree that if they fired him after one bad season that the reasons would be transparent and everyone would "know" why he was being canned. I'm just saying the university would look a lot classier and a lot less vindictive by handling it this way. I think Perkins and KU have handled this about as poorly as possible.....and based on this I'm not sure any coaches are going to line up to be treated like this in the future.

It's definitely a long term recruiting issue and I don't disagree with what is happening to Mangino....I just completely disagree with how it is being handled. I don't like dragging a guy like Mangino through the mud just so it will be more convenient to fire him when the time comes.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I didn't have a problem with what I saw in that vid, either. That's just hostile coaching in the heat of the moment. I'm referring to alleged personal attacks he's made to players and their families over the years -- stuff like "go back to Nebraska and live with your alcoholic dad." I'm not sure how that brand of attacking molds you into a better person.

[rome]allegedly[/rome]
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

The rumors floating around in SA (talk radio) is that this is a power struggle between mangino and the AD. And it seems the alumni of KU are also siding with mark to the point that the AD might be gone.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I think he's done. You can't be exposed as a douche in the midst of a disappointing season, that's a pinkslip waiting to happen. He'll make somebody a hell of an OC.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

If KU hadn't lost 5 straight, this wouldn't be an issue. Mangina could squeeze co-ed ass at the 50 yard line... nobody would care.

See ya', fatso.

And as always, fuck Kansas.