OH BUAH

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

OH BUAH

Post by Bizzarofelice »

First Tiger hoops game of the year on television tonight. Good to hear Norm Stewart but I don't recognize a single fucker on the floor right now.

Nothing like an abysmal season to free up some scholarships.

That nobody seems to want.

:(
why is my neighborhood on fire
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: OH BUAH

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Don't worry, Bace, unless you're a Uconn fan there's pretty much no reason to watch college hoops this year. Whether you come in 2nd or 314th, what's the difference? Everyone else is just a pretender.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

U Conn is going to be better than North Carolina? Wow.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:North Carolina?
Who?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:North Carolina?
Who?
I'm sorry, you're a U Conn fan. You're probably talking about women's basketball.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Now that you bring it up, Goobs... I wouldn't be surprised if the Mecca of College Basketball women's team would roll whatever shit men's team you pimp.

Btw -- It's UConn. Unlike the huge gap between your front tooth and either cheek, there's no space.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Now that you bring it up, Goobs... I wouldn't be surprised if the Mecca of women's College Basketball women's team would roll whatever shit men's team you pimp.
They wouldn't stand a chance against Bo Ryan's Badgers, you delusional twat.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

When the men's team raises its 3rd Natl Championship Banner over the last decade, what will you say then? Heck, even if they don't… UConn has just as many titles in the last 20 years as does your whole shit conference. Wisconsin? Do they have a hoops team anymore? 1941 much?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not only do we have a hoops team, we have a hockey team with multiple national titles. We also used to rule in college boxing. No one will stop NC this year.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:We have a hockey team with multiple national titles. We also used to rule in college boxing.
I bet you have numerous Championships in cow tippin' and milk chuggin' as well. Who gives a fuck?

So. What you're trying to say is… your shit team/conference is irrelevant in this forum. Got it.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

bace

Mu has a bunch of shooters. Shit, coach anderson had 1 scholly for like 2 years. and he tried to bring in players to help now, even though they might of not fit his system.

he was stuck with some of snyders recruits, he honored them.

matt lawrence is finally where he should be, a bench guy who comes in and plays about 5-7 minutes. he was exposed every night, couldnt create his own shot.

kids they have, can create, and can shoot. sure, there will be ugly shooting nights, but Anderson is finally getting his kids to fill the system. have faith!
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Don't worry, Bace, unless you're a Uconn fan there's pretty much no reason to watch college hoops this year. Whether you come in 2nd or 314th, what's the difference? Everyone else is just a pretender.
UCon is good no questioning that. However I'll reserve annointing them until they can keep their PG healthy and show an ability to shoot the outside shot with any semblence of consistency.

And this is no slight to UCon but they might only be the third best team in their own conference.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Price is 100% healthy and will be a player of the year candidate along with Thabeet. I doubt you'll ever see a consistent outside threat from UConn. Price and Dyson are decent from beyond the arc, but that is not relevant. This team will win because it will lead the NCAA in blocked shots and def FG %. Just like last year, second chance points will be a staple as well. I haven't been this excited about a UConn team since Okafor left. Anything less than a 3rd title in 10 years will be a disappointment. That's how good I think they are.... As far as your 3rd best team in the conference remark, you may not be far off. 2-3 Big East teams in the Final Four wouldn't be shocking... especially when you place 10 teams in the tournament to begin with.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:So. What you're trying to say is… your shit team/conference is irrelevant in this forum. Got it.
Still doesn’t change the fact that UNC cuts down the nets in April.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote: ...have faith!
Fresh out over here. Are you kidding me?

Mizzou B-ball is a fucking trainwreck.

Rack your optimism, though I have no idea where that's coming from. Would that you extend the same courtesy towards the Mizzou football coaching staff.

Tiger basketball went downhill the exact same day they gave Norm the bum rush out of Columbia and I knew that at the moment it happened.

Coach Anderson? Give me a break... Mizzou B-ball won't return to its former glory until they get a coach with the unadulterated balls of a Norm Stewart... and they need to find that coach with-in this State.

We need a homeboy to pull us out of this morass, adel. You know it as well as I do.

There's not a reason in hell that Mizzou shouldn't be competing for the XII championship, and by extension, a National Championship.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Price is 100% healthy and will be a player of the year candidate along with Thabeet.
Price is healthy today, but he strikes me as one of those guys that for whatever reason always gets hurt. No doubt dude is an amazing player when he can play but if I were you I'd be concerned about him going down at somepoint in the season.
I haven't been this excited about a UConn team since Okafor left. Anything less than a 3rd title in 10 years will be a disappointment. That's how good I think they are
I think having a "anything less than a FF trip would be a disappointment" attitude would be justified given the roster UCon has this year. But winning a title is a tricky thing and luck factors SO much into the mix IMO you can't have a "title or bust" attitude as a fan. There's a reason storied programs with great talent will go through decades plus long droughts without winning one of those things. For all his greatness and talent Dean only clipped the nets twice.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Shine wrote:Price is healthy today, but he strikes me as one of those guys that for whatever reason always gets hurt.
Besides having an undiagnosed birth defect that made his brain hemorrhage for 10 days, almost killed him, and caused him to miss a season and tearing his ACL, I doubt he's missed any games due to injury.

Now... if you want to bust him for stealing laptops that caused to miss another season, feel free to pile on.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Wow - I just watched Mizzou polish off #20 USC 83-72 in Puerto Rico. War ESPNU. This after blowing a 7 point late lead against Xavier due to horrid free throw shooting down the stretch, or they'd be 5-0 right now. Maybe there is some reason for hope in Columbia this year. Keep this up, and they might just crack the Top 25.

Demarre Carroll is a stud.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:Wow - I just watched Mizzou polish off #20 USC 83-72 in Puerto Rico. War ESPNU. This after blowing a 7 point late lead against Xavier due to horrid free throw shooting down the stretch, or they'd be 5-0 right now. Maybe there is some reason for hope in Columbia this year. Keep this up, and they might just crack the Top 25.

Demarre Carroll is a stud.
MU has some good players (at least two)....I could be wrong, but I think this has a chance to be a legit tournament team for Anderson. Put Sweet 16 as a high bar given favorable matchups...and the Big XII of 08-09 is not the Big XII of the early 00's. or, even last year.

you guys are little hard on MU hoops since Norm. Norm was a very good coach....but you guys act like he was in the Final Four every year.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote:you guys are little hard on MU hoops since Norm. Norm was a very good coach....but you guys act like he was in the Final Four every year.
Not Final Four, but with Norm we always had a team capable of competing for Big 8/12 championships. Yeah, they under-achieved come tourney time (fuck you very much, Tyus Edney), but they were always a disciplined and fun team to watch and root for.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Bace

can't believe you didnt make an appearance in this thread

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... 17&t=29214

told you about the bball team. they are better, and there will be some tough times with the freshman, but i can see them pushing for an NCAA spot. If they had a damn Power Forward or center wh ocould run, they would be a lock for tourney. They dont have the size to rebound well. They do have a PF who can run coming in next season. 6'10 i believe!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

UConn looks like a prime pick for getting upset in the Sweet 16 come tourny time with their refusal to rebound.

If I were Huskie fan I'd dread seeing UConn in the same regional as a Texas or Oklahoma who can kill oppenents on the glass but have the abilty to cut down on the fast breaks with deep benches and good defense.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Goober McTuber wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:So. What you're trying to say is… your shit team/conference is irrelevant in this forum. Got it.
Rarely would I say this quite so early, but I agree. UNC looks like world beaters. They could handle UCONN with ease.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:They could handle UCONN with ease.
Just like we did...

Sin,
1999's 38-1, Natl Champs, most wins in a season, best team of all-time, errr, 37-2 Runner-Up, Duke
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Just give it to some team from Carolina, baby!!!!!!!

Sin,
Dukie Tarheel's glass eye and the rest of the media.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Bingo.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

thanks for bumping the thread, friendo.

turns out the tigers had a great year. they repayed some of the tourney games on CBS College Sports and it was fooking genius. so excited for this year even if we lost some good players.good god i love college hoops
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Bizzarofelice wrote:turns out the tigers had a great year. they repayed some of the tourney games on CBS College Sports and it was fooking genius. so excited for this year even if we lost some good players.good god i love college hoops
Love that channel. I rewatched KU-N Dak. St., Cleveland St.-Wake Forest, and the Pitt-Villanova regional final.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

EXACTLY ONE YEAR LATER first Mizzou game of the year is on TV. Love this shit. Don't know how much I've missed college hoops until I see my Tigers play a Div II team.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i'd like to rack myself for touting the young tigers

while bace and wags had little faith, i believed in MR.Anderson and those freshman

If Anderson gets a 6'9-6'10 kid who can jump and run, they will be one tough mutha!!!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Wags

Keep the Faith. This year will be tough, because of lack of experience from front court, but this team will be good by middle to late season. Guard play will be their strength.

Dixon, the freshman looks to be a goodin.

shame the 6'10 kid had to go the prep school route, he was built for this system.
Last edited by Adelpiero on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote:i believed in MR.Anderson...
I believe.

Mr. Anderson is getting the most out of these kids.

We still need a token whiteboy.