ALCS- call it

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Re: ALCS- call it

Post by Rack Fu »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:This series will not go six, since the Angels have a flair for the dramatic.

I guaranteeing right now that the Angels will win the series and set up a showdown with the defending champion Phillies. Let me repeat: I guarantee the Angels will win the ALCS.

Look at the overall picture and what I have been saying all along. The Angels have a clear psychological advantage here, now more than ever. They are rolling into Yankee Stadium with nothing to lose, just like the Red Sox in '04, whereas the Yankees' sphincters were tightening on that plane ride home last night. Where the Angels showed class and heart by winning last night and ultimately this ALCS, New York is gutless and mentally fragile. Guerrero is setting up as the MVP with clutch hit after clutch hit. The Angel bats are alive now. And the most damning thing about this series is that the Yankee bullpen has been exposed. They are no better than when they had Farnsworth leading the charge :lol:
I still don't get why the media makes that bullpen out to be so good, when it's consisted of meatball pitchers like Hughes and Joba. Not that the Angels bullpen is that good, but at least they know how to finish.

So here's how it will go- Saunders will destroy the Yankees in Game 6 (unless it's postponed, and in that case Lackey may pitch on three days rest and clown the Yankees :lol: ), and I promise that beginning in Game Six Figgins will go berzerk on the bathpaths and the Yankees will begin swinging from their heels, trying to hit bombs, and failing just like in '04. Pettitte will get his ass yacked around in the 3rd inning or so and get pulled early. That sets up Game 7 where the Angels will bring back Lackey on short rest or just go with Weaver if Lackey starts game 6. I actually rank this choke even worse than the '04 ALCS because that year, the Yankees had shit for starting pitching. This year the Yankees have better team on paper than Anaheim but the Angels just have more moxy, more heart, better managing, better gamers and all of that is rising to the top. The Monday Morning papers in the Bronx calling for Girardi's head are going to be ugly :lol:

For the third time...I guarantee the Angels win the ALCS.
Maybe a fourth guarantee would have done it.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Toddowen wrote:So who is YAFJ going to bless with his support in the Series?
That's a different thread. And I DO trust in my baseball knowledge. Funny how people conveniently turn their heads at my calling out the Dodgers as frauds and accurately picking Philadelphia to win the NLCS.

But as far as the ALCS goes, I couldn't have made a bigger ass out of myself. In my heart I was POSITIVE that the Angels would win the series just like there wasn't a shred of doubt in my mind that the BoSox would sweep the Angels. It was just a matter of them not executing to their abilities, not me being bad at projecting the outcome. I know what I'm talking about, they just fucked up. If it had been Boston down 3-1 in the ALCS, you know that the Yankees would lose regardless of who was pitching. Because the Red Sox are in the Yankees' domes and their pitching is so much better. But that's neither here nor there. I made a complete moron out of myself in this thread.

But we have all today and tomorrow to break down this WS and I need to study up.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

How can the Dodgers be "frauds" when they swept the team that you said would win the penant? What does that make the Cards, in that case?

The Dodgers weren't frauds, they swept their opening round opponent, and then lost to the defending W.S. Champs. No shame in that.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:The Angels need to hide Scott Kasmir
I'd hide him too after that throw to 1st base. Ouch!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: But we have all today and tomorrow to break down this WS and I need to study up.

Do me a favor and just pick the Yanks.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

jiminphilly wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: But we have all today and tomorrow to break down this WS and I need to study up.

Do me a favor and just pick the Yanks.
RACK that picture!!

Hoping he picks the Phillies
Dreams......Temporary Madness
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

RACK YAFJ for getting over. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I hope he gets his pick in soon. I could use some extra cash.