NLCS- call it

Post by jiminphilly »

The way I see it:

Starting Pitching- big edge to the Phillies

Starting Lineup- slight edge to the Phillies

Relief Pitching- big edge to the Dodgers
Bench - slight edge to the Dodgers

Manager - slight edge to Torre

If the Philies want to get back to the WS they need to win the game in the first 6 innings otherwise the Dodgers bullpen, built specifically to shut down the Philles LH power hitters, will make it difficult for the Philles to mount a come back. Luckily for the Phillies, I think their starting lineup will be able to get some runs against the Dodgers starters. Vincente Padilla only scares me if he's driving on the same road as I am after last call. Randy Wolf looked bad against the Cardinals and Kershaw lost 2x against the Phillies this year lasting just over 5 innings in each outting.

The Phillies have 5 good arms they can use against the Dodgers from a starting role and I think Hamels can bounce back from a shaky start which was in part due to his wife about to give birth the week the NLDS started. Pedro, Blanton or Happ are significantly better than the 3-4-5 of the Dodgers.

Phillies in 6.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: NLCS- call it

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Cards in 4....

Sin,
YAFJO
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Back in the summer I had the Dodgers good enough to get to the NLCS, but I assumed they'd play the Cards. So this could be different.

I love rematches....unlike this year, LA has the home field. But, the Phils closed out the NLCS last year by winning back to back in la la land, AND fared well there this season.

Both teams are good at rallying from behind, and the Dodgers bullpen is a little better. What I like from Philadelphia is their proven starting pitching. I also like their cold-blooded, gritty hitters. Victorino is the kind of guy who will hit like .457 in a series like this and get the MVP. I think he will. They have some annoyingass hitters in that lineup, and I mean that in a good way. Joe Blanton could be the darkhorse, but Cliff Lee will carry the load. One important thing here is that when Torre doesn't have solid pitching in the playoffs, he's uncomfortable. I don't think he trusts what he has.

The Phillies aren't getting enough credit....I know I haven't given them enough. A fraud's a fraud, and the Dodgers won't spoil a second straight pennant for the fighting phils.

Phillies in six, MVP Victorio.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
So Dodgers in four or five then?
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Dodgers in 6
What were we just talking about?
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Rack Fu wrote:
RACKETH!
What were we just talking about?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Rack Fu wrote:
Yep, that pretty much clinches it for any right thinking person.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Toddowen wrote:I doubt that LA is going to make it past Philly. Phils just looked too determined to advance and I don't see them going cold against the Dodgers.

Sad to say that I don't think the Yankees will get past the Halos. I see it only going 5 games.

Angels in 5

Phils in 5

The series will go at least 6 games with the Angels winning it.
Sounds about right to me. I don't see the Dodgers matching the Phillies in starting pitching. But if they can get to the Phillie bullpen...

Angles-Yankees is going to be an instant classic.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Does TBS really think that by having announcers that are anti-Phillies that it will somehow make them lose? The Colorado seriers was bad enough but tonight's broadcast was downright awful. Skip Cary sucks.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Does anyone really care what the announcers are saying to begin with? Isn't the game more about what you're seeing as opposed to what you're hearing? Jim -- your take reads like that of some dumb broad. Did your wife post this bullshit, or is really your vulva exploding all over this thread.?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Even after Game 1...still like Dodgers in 6
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Why does bitterman Phillytard always feel the world is against them? I watched the game last night and never once deduced the announcers were rooting against the Phils.

You're a Nationals fan so, like your team, you are but a fart in the wind.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Does anyone really care what the announcers are saying to begin with? Isn't the game more about what you're seeing as opposed to what you're hearing? Jim -- your take reads like that of some dumb broad. Did your wife post this bullshit, or is really your vulva exploding all over this thread.?

If MLB is going to use a second tier channel like TBS to broadcast their NLDS and NLCS, they best they could do is bring in decent announcers.. Skip Cary is bitter because his Braves team didn't make the playoffs and his documented shit calls are embarrassing to the game.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Like I said, Cliff Lee will carry this team in this series and show the Dodgers how much they fucked up by not swinging a deal for his ass at the break (or for any pitcher). And Joe Blanton has his shot tomorrow to be the darkhorse I said he'd be. It works out as he's pitching at home and has a hot-hitting lineup behind him that's busy teeing off against the fraud Dodgers. A 3-1 lead after tomorrow, Dodgers eek one out and then Phils finish these jokers off in six back at LA. They have to go back to LA anyway for Game One of the World Series, so they may as well make it worth the trip and kick the Dodgers' asses before the Fall Classic begins.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:If MLB is going to use a second tier channel like TBS to broadcast their NLDS and NLCS, they best they could do is bring in decent announcers.. Skip Cary is bitter because his Braves team didn't make the playoffs and his documented shit calls are embarrassing to the game.
Look... I let this go the first time... but the last time I checked, Skip Caray is dead. I believe Chip Caray is TBS's lead guy, so I am not sure what you expected them to do. I think Caray's whole team can be accused of talking more about the Dodgers than the Phillies... not just him. I also noticed Caray talks an awful lot about fisting. It gives me the douchechills everytime there's a foul ball.

Anyways. You can be sure McCarver and Buck will be talking more about the Yanks than your beloved Phils in the WS. So. Get used to it. Or tune out the talking heads... after about 3 innings, I usually do. They all suck...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:If MLB is going to use a second tier channel like TBS to broadcast their NLDS and NLCS, they best they could do is bring in decent announcers.. Skip Cary is bitter because his Braves team didn't make the playoffs and his documented shit calls are embarrassing to the game.
Look... I let this go the first time... but the last time I checked, Skip Caray is dead. I believe Chip Caray is TBS's lead guy, so I am not sure what you expected them to do. I think Caray's whole team can be accused of talking more about the Dodgers than the Phillies... not just him. I also noticed Caray talks an awful lot about fisting. It gives me the douchechills everytime there's a foul ball.

Anyways. You can be sure McCarver and Buck will be talking more about the Yanks than your beloved Phils in the WS. So. Get used to it. Or tune out the talking heads... after about 3 innings, I usually do. They all suck...

Even as a carcass I think Skip could be doing a better job than his son at this point. Last night was probably a slightly better broadcast and I think it was because Buck Martinez was allowed to be more analytical than the first 2 games. I don't disagree on Buck and McCarver - but somehow these beneficiaries of nepotism are the best that TBS and FOX can find? I get it.. sports play by play guys, especially in football and baseball are terrible but at least be able to to do the basics and Chip can't even do that.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:You're a Nationals fan so, like your team, you are but a fart in the wind.
I clearly remember the, say 12 years the Phillies were more than irrelevant, borderline putrid, so that gives me hope as a Nationals fan.

The Phillies have the most losses of any professional teams in history. If the Nationals are going to mirror the Phillies franchise, you have a shitty lifetime ahead of you.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I thought Broxton was the Dodgers' ace in the hole...not so much. Even with the day off, I don't see the Dodgers recovering from this loss. They were able to rebound after getting throttled on Sunday but last night is another story.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:It's Andy Reid's fault.

Andy Reid wouldn't have pinch-hit for Pedro Feliz.. :lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Shoalzie wrote:I thought Broxton was the Dodgers' ace in the hole...not so much.

Matt Stairs is forever entrenched in the dome of Broxton. He never came close to throwing a strike against Stairs.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Exactly what I was thinking last night.

Stairs was below .200 for the season with, if I remember what the talking heads said, an 0-30 streak. 5 HR, 17 RBIs?

A four pitch walk to this guy? Broxton wanted no part of Stairs. The guy has has no fucking balls whatsoever.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

As much as a flat-out fraud the Dodgers are, they have it in them to suck it up and force this series back to Los Angeles where they will get cornholed in Game Six in front of their fans. It will work out for the Phillies though since they need to go to L.A. for Game One of the WS anyway. So far the Phillies have proven so many people wrong. They have more heart that about any team in the playoffs this year. I'm not saying I'm picking them to win it all, but they have that look to them no doubt.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: I'm not saying I'm picking them to win it all..
Please don't. Just stop there. In fact please predict the Dodgers in 7.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Toddowen wrote:One more thing.

I heard during the ESPN radio announcers coverage of the NLCS Monday night claiming that Manny and Pedro were both clowning towards each other in their opposing dugouts during the game.

How I'd love to see someone on the Dodgers walk up to Manny and tell him-"Why don't you act your fucking age for once in your life and pay attention to the game, you fucking man-child simpleton?"

I know the moment you speak of...Manny and Furcal were mocking Loney or Kemp at the plate and TBS showed Pedro in the other dugout playing along with them. To be fair, Manny and Pedro were teammates for a while in Boston and those Dominicans seem to stick together.

Jim--props to your Phils on getting back to the Classic. I'm looking forward to a Yankees-Phillies matchup...should be a great one!
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Thanks, Shoalz. Wild night last night. I'm working on fumes today... going on about 4 hours of sleep, maybe less. It was a tense crowd - I watched the game at a bar attached to the stadium- but Victorino's homerun put the game out of reach and once the final out was recorded it got crazy.

I still have an unhealthy amount of alcohol in my body so I'm working on a six pack of bottled water to rehydrate a bit.

Rack the Phils!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Jesus, act like you've been there before.
Where? A bar?

Rack jim for not getting a DUI on the way to work this morning, I guess.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Wild night last night. I'm working on fumes today
Why? Is this 93 all over again? Jesus, act like you've been there before.
Some of us enjoy having a hot female bartender pour alcohol down our throats while they perform their coyote ugly routine on the bar. If and it's a big If you ever get to the point of celebrating something as cool as you this, you'll understand.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Jesus, act like you've been there before.
Where? A bar?

Rack jim for not getting a DUI on the way to work this morning, I guess.

Driving home last night I did see an SUV plow into a median and the back tires temporarily leave the ground. The road had a slight right curve that the driver just "missed" :doh: The front left panel of his car took the brunt of the hit from what I could tell as I drove by. Lucky him the police were out in full force and had their lights on within seconds of his accident.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Defending champs popping champagne over winning the pennant? :doh:

Champagne was popping after they won the NL East and the NLDS.. why stop there?