Jeter closing in on the Iron Horse.

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Jeter closing in on the Iron Horse.

Post by smackaholic »

That little pussy is about to get 'bode on one of the greatest hitters of all time. I hope he steps in front of a bus today.

Not that I got anything against Derek. As yankees go, he's a stand up guy. Doesn't beat women. Doesn't kill people while driving drunk. Doesn't run his piehole. Yeah, he prolly swallows a cock or three on his own time, but, at least he's low key about it.

Kinda hard to believe a yankmee has never been in the 3K hit club. Do you think derek will get there? I do. He's had a pretty injury free career and 2-3 mediocre years will get him there.

How many hits would Lou have gotten to had he not went and got "his" disease. I think he had a few few more years of batting .350 had he not fallen ill.

Rack Lou. The greatest yankme of all time in my book. Overall even greater than drunken fat dude. Certainly one of the top 5 hitters for power/average evah. Plus, he averaged like about 750 rbis a year. You won't see derek doing that, no matter where you bat him.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Re: Jeter closing in on the Iron Horse.

Post by Rack Fu »

He will probably be less than 250 hits from 3K after this season. Barring a catastrophic injury, he should hit the 3,000 hit mark early in the 2011 season.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

In this generation of phony players, I think Jeter is one of the few you can trust that he's done it the right way. It's remarkable that for all the amazing players that have worn the pin-stripes, we're watching the guy who could end up with several major offensive records with the sport's greatest team. He's been a special player for a long time but I think you can at least admire him for how he's handled himself his entire career. I never liked his team but as a guy that grew up in this area, he's made us proud of what he's done. He'd probably be one of my all-time favorite players if not for the fact he's a Yankee. Granted, I grew up being a fan of Don Mattingly for a little while.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Jeter is juiced and I think there's no doubt about it.

I've got historical stats to prove it if anyone wants to dispute this.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Toddowen wrote:
TheJON wrote:Jeter is juiced and I think there's no doubt about it.

Let's just assume that we all agree with you.

Roll out the stats, anyway.
His career numbers indicate it. You have to look at the trends of the stars that were caught with steroids (ie Sosa, McGwire, Bonds) and the players BEFORE the steroid era.

I have no idea if he juiced early in his career. There's no evidence to suggest one way or the other.

Jeter is, at ages 34 and 35 putting up above his career average numbers in slugging, HR's, and average. The ONLY players I have found that did just that were proven roiders like Sosa, McGwire and Bonds. If you go back to the pre-steroid era and take a look at the stars you will notice they all have something in common........their numbers decreased when they got to about age 33. I haven't found one pre-steroid era player that put up numbers above their career average after age 33. I looked up a lot of players and have yet to find one. Now, many players during the steroid era did put up numbers above their career averages well beyond 33. And the ones I have found that did that were guys that have been caught juicing.

Something is fishy. We've got a guy that's at age 35 and still never suffered any injuries (HGH perhaps?), and is putting up numbers above his career averages and plays for a franchise that's had god only knows how many players busted for using roids/HGH. Things just aren't adding up here. I'm not saying guys like Willie Mays didn't still produce after age 33, but they weren't doing better than their career averages and most of them started having at least some injury problems preventing them from playing 155-162 games a year. You can't argue that it doesn't at least seem suspicious.

Pujols I'm not even going to waste my time on. We all KNOW that guy is roided. He might as well just admit it. He's not fooling anyone- well, except Cardinal fan.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

If that's not concrete proof, I don't know what is. :meds:

Jon makes it sound like Jeter is having some sort of bizarro Brady Anderson-esque season.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

TheJON wrote:
Toddowen wrote:

Let's just assume that we all agree with you.

Roll out the stats, anyway.
His career numbers indicate it. You have to look at the trends of the stars that were caught with steroids (ie Sosa, McGwire, Bonds) and the players BEFORE the steroid era.

I have no idea if he juiced early in his career. There's no evidence to suggest one way or the other.

Jeter is, at ages 34 and 35 putting up above his career average numbers in slugging, HR's, and average. The ONLY players I have found that did just that were proven roiders like Sosa, McGwire and Bonds. If you go back to the pre-steroid era and take a look at the stars you will notice they all have something in common........their numbers decreased when they got to about age 33. I haven't found one pre-steroid era player that put up numbers above their career average after age 33. I looked up a lot of players and have yet to find one. Now, many players during the steroid era did put up numbers above their career averages well beyond 33. And the ones I have found that did that were guys that have been caught juicing.

Something is fishy. We've got a guy that's at age 35 and still never suffered any injuries (HGH perhaps?), and is putting up numbers above his career averages and plays for a franchise that's had god only knows how many players busted for using roids/HGH. Things just aren't adding up here. I'm not saying guys like Willie Mays didn't still produce after age 33, but they weren't doing better than their career averages and most of them started having at least some injury problems preventing them from playing 155-162 games a year. You can't argue that it doesn't at least seem suspicious.

Pujols I'm not even going to waste my time on. We all KNOW that guy is roided. He might as well just admit it. He's not fooling anyone- well, except Cardinal fan.
This may be the dumbest post I have ever read. Period. And I hate the Yankees.

Look up Molitor's stats and tell me how he was doing in his mid to upper 30s compared to his mid 20s.

Dadgum but some people don't even deserve to watch baseball...

And when did "something is fishy" equate to "I have stats to prove it"

Straight stuck on stupid
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Look up Molitor's stats and tell me how he was doing in his mid to upper 30s compared to his mid 20s.
Guess what era Paul Molitor played in during his mid-upper 30's?? THE STEROID ERA! The 1990's were when roids became big in baseball. A couple things to consider with Molitor........he wasn't really putting up above average numbers beyond his prime years AND he was playing DH. Jeter plays daily in the field, so you'd figure he'd be more prone to wear and tear- especially at a position like SS. But looking at Molitor's numbers, I suppose it's possible he was dipping into some HGH/roids to prolong his career and get to 3,000 hits. It makes sense for someone coming close to such a historic milestone to do that. He did stay pretty much healthy even in his late 30's. His stolen bases really tailed off late in his career though. But his slugging percentage went up a bit in his mid-late 30's. That's kinda odd. I guess you never know. It does have somewhat of a steroid pattern to his career.

Anyone else or you just wanna call me stupid because you can't actually dispute what I said????
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

TheJON wrote:We've got a guy that's at age 35 and still never suffered any injuries
He misses numerous games a year due to injuries.

His age has nothing to do with the fact that he is a contact hitter and he utilizes the entire field on his hits. He's one of best at hitting the ball to the opposite field and he's been doing that since 1996. He's had only 3 season where he's hit under .300 (all 3 times in the .290's), so he's consistent from year to year.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

But he's got PROOF!

Tru or false...does Jeter roid?

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

smackaholic wrote:Kinda hard to believe a yankmee has never been in the 3K hit club.
Depends on how you interpret that statement. http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/historical/lea ... SubFrame=0 Four members of the 3,000 hit club (Paul Waner, Dave Winfield, Rickey Henderson and Wade Boggs) all played for the Yankees, although all of them got a substantial number of their hits elsewhere (Waner and Boggs only made cameo appearances for the Yankees).

If you're looking at all-time hits by a Yankee, it's not all that surprising when you consider Steinbrenner's history, as well as the fact that 3,000 hit careers were relatively rare prior to the modern era (dunno for certain why that is, although the 8-game increase in the length of the schedule probably had something to do with it).
Do you think derek will get there? I do.
Barring a catastrophic injury, he's pretty close to a lock for the 3,000 hit club. Batting either in the leadoff or 2 spot in the lineup helps as well.

Wonder if NOJ has changed his opinion on Jeter's HOF credentials yet?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Just in case there's any confusion, this is the guy NOJ is talking about:

Yup, sure looks roided up to me. :meds: x infinity

And if he is, where are even the rumors about this? Other than NOJ's rantings on an interwebs board, that is?

Of course, he plays for the Yankees, so no doubt MLB is bending over backwards to protect him. Just like they did for A-Rod, Giambi, Pettitte, Clemens, . . .
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

TheJON wrote:Jeter is, at ages 34 and 35 putting up above his career average numbers in slugging, HR's, and average. .

Let's see...

Career slugging -- .459
This year -- .468

WHOA!!!

Career average -- .317
This year -- .330 (which he's done several times)

Career HRs -- ~15
This year -- 17

Yeah, that's a HUGE gain for an "oppo" hitter who...

Sitting down there, JON?

A guy who started playing in a park where they can't keep even the slappies (including opponents) from hitting bombs out of left.

Hey, wanna hear a secret? You can't tell anyone, though...

All the other lefties on the Yanks roster are putting up above-their-average power numbers... IN THE NEW BALLPARK.

Priceless bit of dumbfuckery, from a guy who's known for it.

And to think, just the other day, some friends and I were discussing how Jeter has lost a BUNCH of speed at SS... you know, like all non-juicers do when they hit about 34.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

And to think, just the other day, some friends and I were discussing how Jeter has lost a BUNCH of speed at SS... you know, like all non-juicers do when they hit about 34.
Bonds lost speed after juicing. What was your point again????

Let's see...

Career slugging -- .459
This year -- .468

WHOA!!!

Career average -- .317
This year -- .330 (which he's done several times)

Career HRs -- ~15
This year -- 17

Yeah, that's a HUGE gain for an "oppo" hitter who...
Did you read what I wrote? I never said Jeter is having a massive outburst that he's not done in the past.

What I said was if you take a look at the players from the pre-steroid era, you will notice that they never hit above their career averages beyond age 33. They didn't even match their career numbers. They still had some productive years, often times, but nobody was matching career averages or topping them at ages 34 and 35. The rare few that did match them were strictly DH's.

But if you look at the proven roiders from the steroid era you will notice how they either matched their career averages or topped them beyond age 33.

If Jeter's not on roids, I guess he's superhuman. Now, ESPN has everyone in this country convinced that he is, so...... Heck, the problem is I just haven't quite figured it out like the rest of you ESPN parrots that Jeter is superhuman. Yeah, I guess that's it.......... :meds:

He's at least using HGH. No doubt about it. Look at the trends. Something is fishy......... It's really not that hard to figure out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

TheJON wrote: What I said was if you take a look at the players from the pre-steroid era, you will notice that they never hit above their career averages beyond age 33. They didn't even match their career numbers. They still had some productive years, often times, but nobody was matching career averages or topping them at ages 34 and 35. The rare few that did match them were strictly DH's.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/661 ... 1eTxuFCLcF

How about this guy?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Interesting comparison...

Jeter:
Age 35
Seasons 15
Hits 2729

Rose:
Age 35
Seasons 14
Hits 2762

Jeter's first season was only 15 games and 12 hits, and this season isn't over yet.
Rose's first season was 157 games and 170 hits.

So, you could say that at this point in his career Jeter is essentially even with Pete Rose when considering total base hits.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Maybe so, Mikey... but it doesn't count.

After age 34, Rose had some seasons where his BA and Slugging were well above his career average...

You do know what that means, right?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

TheJON wrote:What I said was if you take a look at the players from the pre-steroid era, you will notice that they never hit above their career averages beyond age 33. They didn't even match their career numbers. They still had some productive years, often times, but nobody was matching career averages or topping them at ages 34 and 35. The rare few that did match them were strictly DH's.

But if you look at the proven roiders from the steroid era you will notice how they either matched their career averages or topped them beyond age 33.

If Jeter's not on roids, I guess he's superhuman. Now, ESPN has everyone in this country convinced that he is, so...... Heck, the problem is I just haven't quite figured it out like the rest of you ESPN parrots that Jeter is superhuman. Yeah, I guess that's it.......... :meds:

He's at least using HGH. No doubt about it. Look at the trends. Something is fishy......... It's really not that hard to figure out.
It's almost impossible to compare players of different eras, but since you want to do it . . .

Yes, today's players, at least the elite players, tend to be productive longer than were the elite players of previous eras. Undoubtedly, roids is part of the explanation for that. But it's not the only one.

Baseball used to be the undisputed king of sports in America. No longer. More elite athletes choose football or basketball over baseball today than ever before. Plus, there are more major league teams in every sport now than ever before. Those factors have had the effect of diluting upcoming competition with the veterans for playing time somewhat.

Another factor that can't be overlooked is salaries. I'm old enough to remember (vaguely) the days when MLBers had to work an offseason job to make ends meet. Ya think that not having the luxury of working out daily in the offseasonmight have contributed to premature endings to a few careers?

And since you seem so stuck on comparing productivity between players of different eras, you probably aren't aware of this, but Hank Aaron hit 40 HR's in a season at age 39. In a supposed "dead ball" era. According to your JONSENSE, that's conclusive proof, of course, that the Hammer was a 'roider.

As for Jeter, roids leave telltale signs on one's body. Jeter is 6'3" and 195 lbs. If he was roiding, he'd be carrying an extra 20-30 lbs. on that frame. At least.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

R-Jack wrote:I wonder if Jonzoz stopped staring at George Brett's cock long enough to notice he qualifies as an "obvious juicer" as well?
How so?

Except for 1990, his batting average was below average for him beyond age 33 and his power numbers did not exceed his normal numbers. Not only that but he had some injury problems most of his career AND beyond 1990, he was almost exclusively a DH. Anyone can still hit into their late 30's when all they do is DH. Playing in the field and hitting will wear on someone at that age.
As for Jeter, roids leave telltale signs on one's body. Jeter is 6'3" and 195 lbs. If he was roiding, he'd be carrying an extra 20-30 lbs. on that frame. At least.
That is not necessarily true at all. Lot's of players that were busted for juicing don't have big frames. Fernando Vina comes to mind.
And since you seem so stuck on comparing productivity between players of different eras, you probably aren't aware of this, but Hank Aaron hit 40 HR's in a season at age 39. In a supposed "dead ball" era. According to your JONSENSE, that's conclusive proof, of course, that the Hammer was a 'roider.
Hank Aaron's career numbers declined overall beyond 34. Average, stolen bases, RBI's........there was no consistency there compared to earlier in his career. His games played per year also decreased. Sure, he mixed in good seasons beyond age 34 but nothing ridiculous. And, for the record............Hank Aaron is a once in a lifetime kinda player. You would expect a star like that to continue playing at a high level well into their late 30's. Derek Jeter is not even in the same category as Hank.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

TheJON wrote:
That is not necessarily true at all. Lot's of players that were busted for juicing don't have big frames. Fernando Vina comes to mind.
Vina is 5'9" and 170. Jeter is six inches taller, but only 25 pounds heavier. Jeter has a lot more room on his frame to beef up than Vina does. Therein lies the difference.