Senator Edward Kennedy

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

JMak
I merely noted

Re: Senator Edward Kennedy

Post by JMak »

Mikey wrote:If that's what you consider "bullying" I can imagine you have have been everybody's bitch on the playground when you were a kid.
Now, stop your crying and go sit in momma's lap.
Damn, you're an obtuse fool, aren't you...

Of course, one example is not bullying. I cited just two examples and there are many, many others where Democrats are using Teddy's death to bully opponents of Obamacare.

BTW, you mind cleaning up that mess you posted and that I quoted just above? You got some kind of Diego-like need to talk about little kids?
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Wolfman wrote:When Ted acted like his older brother. Too bad he didn't do more of this:

During the 1970s, Kennedy was instrumental in deregulating the interstate trucking industry and airline ticket prices, two innovations that have vastly improved the quality of life in America even as—or more precisely, because—they pushed power out of D.C. and into the pocketbooks of everyday Americans. We are incalculably richer and better off because something like actual prices replaced regulatory fiat in trucking and flying. Because they do not fit the Ted Kennedy narrative preferred by his admirers and detractors alike, these accomplishments rarely get mentioned in stories about the late senator.
Here's another gem...

"The problems of our economy have occurred not as an outgrowth of laissez-faire, unbridled competition. They have occurred under the guidance of federal agencies, and under the umbrella of federal regulations."

Have to wonder what happened in the 80s that moved Kennedy so far away from this philosophy...
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Papa Willie wrote:I'd imagine Satan is ass-fucking him and holding his head underwater simultaneously about now.
That is a political cartoon you will never see..but would be funny as hell...
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Senator Kennedy was able to accomplish more in his career than either of his brothers did due to his longevity in the senate. It was a worthwhile life. I'm sure he would have taken back the Chappaquidick incident if he could have. If that hadn't happened he might have been president. This death marks the end of an era in some ways. RIP Senator Kennedy.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dan Vogel wrote:Senator Kennedy was able to accomplish more in his career than either of his brothers did due to his longevity in the senate. It was a worthwhile life. I'm sure he would have taken back the Chappaquidick incident if he could have. If that hadn't happened he might have been president. This death marks the end of an era in some ways. RIP Senator Kennedy.
Gee, do you really think he'd take back Chappaquidick, Marcus?

Too bad you weren't in the oldsmobile with he and mary jo.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

I'm not sure that someone who treated Chappaquiddick so jokingly would take it back. I mean, one of Teddy's favorite topics of humor was...Chappaquiddick.

Listen here at the 30:15 mark. Ed Klein here is telling a radio show host about and says:

I don't know if you know this or not, but one of his favorite topics of humor was indeed Chappaquiddick itself. And he would ask people, "have you heard any new jokes about Chappaquiddick?" That is just the most amazing thing. It's not that he didn't feel remorse about the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, but that he still always saw the other side of everything and the ridiculous side of things, too.

Sorry, but Teddy demonstrates very little if any remorse about the incident. There is no other side to leaving a woman to die on the side of the road. There's nothing ridiculous about that incident that would any reasonable person to joke about it.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Dan Vogel wrote:Senator Kennedy was able to accomplish more in his career than either of his brothers did due to his longevity in the senate. It was a worthwhile life. I'm sure he would have taken back the Chappaquidick incident if he could have. If that hadn't happened he might have been president. This death marks the end of an era in some ways. RIP Senator Kennedy.
What did Teddy accomplish? I asked this before in this thread...what were his major accomplishments? And ushering in the new political era of politics of personal destruction (which most right-wingers wrongly attribute to Clinton) ain't a major political accomplishment.
eddie munster
Crack Whore

Post by eddie munster »

I'm sick of Teddy TV , fuck that guy....

listed below are all the good things about TK:
:twisted:
(insert witty signature here)
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Oh, and lest we should forget, leaving that poor woman to die was not even the most disgusting thing teddy did...you can chalk as most disgusting his attempt to curry favor with the Soviets and undermine President Reagan.
Kennedy believes that, given the current state of affairs, and in the interest of peace, it would be prudent and timely to undertake the following steps to counter the militaristic politics of Reagan and his campaign to psychologically burden the American people. In this regard, he offers the following proposals to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union Y.V. Andropov:

1. Kennedy asks Y.V. Andropov to consider inviting the senator to Moscow for a personal meeting in July of this year. The main purpose of the meeting, according to the senator, would be to arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA. He would also like to inform you that he has planned a trip through Western Europe, where he anticipates meeting England’s Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and French President Mitterand in which he will exchange similar ideas regarding the same issues.

If his proposals would be accepted in principle, Kennedy would send his representative to Moscow to resolve questions regarding organizing such a visit.

Kennedy thinks the benefits of a meeting with Y.V.Andropov will be enhanced if he could also invite one of the well known Republican senators, for example, Mark Hatfield. Such a meeting will have a strong impact on American and political circles in the USA (In March of 1982, Hatfield and Kennedy proposed a project to freeze the nuclear arsenals of the USA and USSR and pblished a book on the theme as well.)

2. Kennedy believes that in order to influence Americans it would be important to organize in August-September of this year, televised interviews with Y.V. Andropov in the USA. A direct appeal by the General Secretary to the American people will, without a doubt, attact a great deal of attention and interest in the country. The senator is convinced this would receive the maximum resonance in so far as television is the most effective method of mass media and information.
Is anyone going to id this fool's major accomplishments that don't include leaving a woman to die, reaching out to the Soviets, ushering in the era of personal destruction politics?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

All of the Kennedy's that were taken as serious threats due to their ability to lead and display common sense were felled by bullets. The one that was "allowed" to test the limits of his liver was not posessed with those traits.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: murderer
What do you think about Laura Bush?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

mvscal wrote:Which elected office did she hold? Needless to say, you remain a shit streaked puddle of fuck.
Plus he talks with a lisp.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I dress in men's cloths. Can you say the same?
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

JMak wrote:What did Teddy accomplish? I asked this before in this thread...what were his major accomplishments?
Well first of all he served two years in the army. Did you? Did you accomplish that? You don't have to answer it if you don't want to.

He introduced the Americans With Disabilities Act. Do you know anyone who is disabled? Or do you care at all about the disabled?

He was instrumental in having the minimum wage increased in 1981. People should work and receive a dignified wage. Don't you think?

He worked to fund Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors. These elderly citizens need care too.

He helped get the voting age lowered from 21 to 18.

These are just a slight few of his accomplishments. Kennedy devoted his life of work to a variety of civil rights issues.

Have a nice weekend!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Dan Vogel wrote:
JMak wrote:What did Teddy accomplish? I asked this before in this thread...what were his major accomplishments?
Well first of all he served two years in the army. Did you? Did you accomplish that? You don't have to answer it if you don't want to.

He introduced the Americans With Disabilities Act. Do you know anyone who is disabled? Or do you care at all about the disabled?
No...they only increase our taxes by making us pay for their stupid wheelchair ramps.
He was instrumental in having the minimum wage increased in 1981. People should work and receive a dignified wage. Don't you think?
No....we feel that they should should receive a bowl of gruel & a dixie cup of water. Bring back feudalism!!
He worked to fund Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors. These elderly citizens need care too.
They should have worked harder during their lifetimes to afford their own food deliveries. Let them starve before they tax us for this.

Sincerely,
JMak
mvsidiot
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dan Vogel wrote:
He was thrown out of harvard. In that time, military service was pretty much an expected ticket to be punched for wannabe political hacks. So, his old man arranged 2 years of bullshit service where he couldn't hurt himself/others.

[qoute]He introduced the Americans With Disabilities Act. Do you know anyone who is disabled? Or do you care at all about the disabled? [/quote]

Like many things, this started out OK, but, has grown into a monster. It needs to be cut back greatly.
Then why not raise it to an actual dignified wage? I think about $25/hr would be a good start. :meds:
This is something that is done well at the private local level. Not the feds bidness.
He helped get the voting age lowered from 21 to 18.
Probably the single worst thing he has ever done. 19 year olds vote about as well as they drink and drive.
These are just a slight few of his accomplishments. Kennedy devoted his life of work to a variety of civil rights issues.

Have a nice weekend!
So, those are the slight ones? Let's here about actual big ones that were good. That fukk was devoted to one thing....doing whatever the fukk he felt like doing, no matter who he harmed/killed in the process.

Rot in hell ted.

BTW, why I'm kind of disapointed that the 40 days to live troll didn't stop in to say good bye.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

So Smackaholic doesn't believe that those who put their lives on the line for our freedoms should have the right to vote? No suprise.

Doesn't believe that the disabled should have equal access to public buildings? No suprise.

And quite typical.
9/27/22
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Making the rounds on the Internet:

1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for him.

2.While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops! The man can't count to four! His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England (a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea , where a war was raging No preferential treatment for him! (like he charged that President Bush received).

3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris, never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged. Imagine a person of his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private!

4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia, he was cited for reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90 miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark... Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally, he passed the bar exam in 1959. Amazing!

5. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear about that from the unbiased media, did we?

6. On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his Oldsmobile limousine and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.

7. He swam to shore and walked back to the party passing several houses and a fire station. Two friends then returned with him to the scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew - that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the wreck had already been discovered. Before dying Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car.

The Kennedy family began "calling in favors", ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family before an autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that his family could fix the problem overnight. Since the accident Kennedy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their attorney's bills.... a "token of friendship"?

8. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments seem scant. He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors, and is widely held as the "standard-bearer for liberalism". In his very first Senate roll he was the floor manager for the bill that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries..

9. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of an increase in immigration up to and including the latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Not to mention the pious grilling he gave the last two Supreme Court nominees, as if he was the standard bearer for the nation in matters of "what is right" What a pompous azz!

10. He is known around Washington as a public drunk, loud, boisterous, and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than "great American". "A blonde in every pond" is his motto.

Let's not allow the spin doctors to make this jerk a hero -- how quickly the American public forgets what his real legacy is.

Don't know if it's true, and don't really care. The son-of-a-bitch was a lout and a lush, and his poisonous ideals were a cancer to this country. It pisses me off to see every flag in this state waving at half-mast. That bastard coulda never gotten elected here.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Truman wrote:Don't know if it's true, and don't really care.
Of course not. Why let the truth get in the way of spitting on a corpse before it is even cold?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

...Probably for the same reason why you don't allow the truth to get in the way of anything you post. Any other questions, B?
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Truman wrote:...Probably for the same reason why you don't allow the truth to get in the way of anything you post. Any other questions, B?
You seriously went with the IKYABWAI defense???

How proud Paul and Whitey must be.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

BSmack wrote:
Truman wrote:...Probably for the same reason why you don't allow the truth to get in the way of anything you post. Any other questions, B?
You seriously went with the IKYABWAI defense???

How proud Paul and Whitey must be.

Ah. Clearly, the subtleties and nuance of written language escape you.

NO, Brian.

A true "I Know You Are But What Am I?" would be written thusly:

Why do YOU let the truth get in the way of spitting on a corpse before it is even cold?

I didn't write that.

Either you're patently stupid - or you're lying. Again. Some might argue both.

Which begs the question...

Why do you not allow the truth get in the way of anything you post?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Diego in Seattle wrote:So Smackaholic doesn't believe that those who put their lives on the line for our freedoms should have the right to vote?
The harbinger of pederastic relations chimes in... raging against possible ageism towards our "boys in uniform" once again.

No matter how much you pout... they'll never pass legislation whereby it's deemed acceptable to diddle 7 year Johnny. Okay?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Unlike his insane rightwing counterparts, Teddy was basically decent human being. He never fomented or lobbied for illegal and catastrophic wars, and he actually fought on behalf of the working men and women of America--instead of faceless international corporations.
Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:So Smackaholic doesn't believe that those who put their lives on the line for our freedoms should have the right to vote? No suprise.

Doesn't believe that the disabled should have equal access to public buildings? No suprise.

And quite typical.
Disabled are fukking disabled. They already don't have equal access. There should be some attempt to make access as easy as possible for them, but, when it requires gigantic outlays of cash to do it the question needs to be asked how fukking important is it? And there should be zero requirements for private business owners to cater to them. If they want a gimp bidness and they feel the expense will bring in extra customers, let them make the decision. It's their fukking money!!!!

As for servicemen voting, I would give them a waiver. I might even go so far as to say if you are a full time worker and therefore, a full time taxpayer, perhaps you should have the right. IF you are on the dole, be it a student on the parental dole or just a plain old no yob having fukking bum, then fukk you, you don't have a say in where my tax dollars go.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Teddy was basically decent human being.
:meds:

A beacon of objectivity, you are.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Mikey wrote:

"Did he get away with something 40 years ago that he shouldn't have? Probably.
You weren't even born then, so WTF do you know about it?"

...why do you hate young people?
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:
when it requires gigantic outlays of cash to do it the question needs to be asked how fukking important is it?
giant outlays of cash?

so you really think making hallway a little wider is really that much more expensive when designing a building?

if you knew anything about the ADA, you'd understand that older buildings (and their owners) cannot be compelled to make a building ADA compliant if the costs are too prohibitive.....

read up on the law and you'll have a better understanding of it
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Perhaps older private buildings are exempt, but, newer stuff, both private and public sector have their building costs affected considerably by it.
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

RIP Irishman from another Irishman.

War Ted!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Perhaps older private buildings are exempt, but, newer stuff, both private and public sector have their building costs affected considerably by it.
So what? You really have a problem with the idea that someone in a wheelchair be able to access public facilities? God, of all the things to bitch about.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

ChargerMike wrote:Mikey wrote:

"Did he get away with something 40 years ago that he shouldn't have? Probably.
You weren't even born then, so WTF do you know about it?"

...why do you hate young people?

Because they're young.

Isn't that a good enough reason?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Perhaps older private buildings are exempt, but, newer stuff, both private and public sector have their building costs affected considerably by it.
So what? You really have a problem with the idea that someone in a wheelchair be able to access public facilities? God, of all the things to bitch about.
Why not..you fuckin libtards are the ones who bitch about every poor down trodden oppressed no job having, welfare sucking low life....if they did not have access to the gubmint buildings to get their free shit, the libs would have a shit fit, print more money to finance more gubmint work, and make a bigger building to give away more money..see where this is going ?
Derron
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Cuda wrote:Image

No small wonder that you're amused by toys.

Are you going to buy the Montana version of that toy as well?
9/27/22
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

40 years ago, Ted Kennedy left a woman to drown.

4 years ago, George Bush left an entire city to drown.

No surprise which one you remember.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:

40 years ago, Ted Kennedy left a woman to drown.

Care to show how your analogy's here line up with each other as basis for comparison?

Ahh... second thought don't bother....this is a complete explanation for liberal thinking and decision making here...
Derron
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:40 years ago, Ted Kennedy left a woman to drown.

About the worst reach I've ever seen...and I am surprised it came from you.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:40 years ago, Ted Kennedy left a woman to drown.

Is this for real?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Roach wrote:
what the fuck????

yeah and he caused the Krakatoa and Mt. St. Helens eruptions and that's what caused global warming in the grey matter of a lot of liberals.

Did you just take up smoking weed?
never mind the FACT that Washington knew hours before they gave way that there were structural problems with the levees, yet apparently chose to take a "wait and see" stance for whatever reason

under the Flood Control Act of 1928, once the levees in New Orleans gave way, it then became the feds responsibility to save lives....

and Bush's response was exactly what again?

shit at the very least he could have acted presidential instead of sitting there like a fucking lump
get out, get out while there's still time