:oops:

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

:oops:

Post by indyfrisco »

Yeah, I feel like a douche for asking this. I don't watch a lot of soccer on the tube. I was a soccer ref. I love soccer. Just don't watch except for the world cup for the most part.

Anyhow, watched the US/Spain game rerun tonight on ESPNU. I have heard this many times in watching other games, but just figured it was people in the stands making noise. Sounds like fucking kazoos. Just that low humming noise that is there all fucking game. What the hell is that? When they showed crowd shots, I never saw anyone with kazoos or any other obvious noisemaker.

What is the noise? Why do they do it? When did it start?

Watching the Brazil game now and it is the same shit.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: :oops:

Post by indyfrisco »

Fucking ankle biter....

Screwball, I played soccer in high school. I was a referee for soccer up until 2 years ago. I do enjoy soccer. I just don't watch it on the tube. I'm not a "professional soccer fan" if that's what you want to hear, assface.

IN WATCHING THE GAME TONIGHT, I hear this constant kazoo sound. So can you fucking tell me what that is or are you just here to chew on my leg?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Ok so I went ahead and googled. They are using these damn plastic horns. As an Aggie, I can understand I guess. Every time the opposing team is on offense, we yell "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" until snap. THese damn horns are just constant though.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

They're Vuvuzela's... it's a stadium horn in Africa. The Euo and South American teams want them banned from the World Cup. Their broadcasters are livid about the damn things... especially since unlike ESPeoNs cheap asses they have actually sent them to the RSA for the ConFed Cup. They sound like a swarm of bees to me in Unison...

I watched the game live but also later through the net with the BBC commentators doing the game. I will try and watch it live through them next time because the call is just simply superior and makes the game much better and more exciting.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.