Holy Quran

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Holy Quran

Post by poptart »

From B.O.'s speech to the muslim world --

"As the Holy Quran tells us, 'Be conscious of God and speak always the truth.
That is what I will try to do today, to speak the truth as best I can."

Holy Quran?? ??

Nice to see our ... "Christian" ... president stand in recognition of what is Truth and what is Holy.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Re: Holy Quran

Post by Smackie Chan »

Gotta agree. He'd have gotten so much further getting across his message to the audience he was addressing if he woulda referred to it as that blasphemous piece of shit Quran.
"I see everything twice!"
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Or if he had simply said, "As the Quran tell us ... "

Revelation 15:4
for thou only art holy

1 Samuel 2:2
There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

A Christian is not going to stand up and blaspheme God by declaring a book other than God's Word to be HOLY.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

To the people he was speaking to the Quran is Holy.

You really need to get over yourself.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

pity bump for tart
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote:To the people he was speaking to the Quran is Holy.

You really need to get over yourself.
you seem to be lost on the whole idea of

"if you don't believe exactly as I do, you're going straight to hell, and we'll be laughing at you as we sit at the side of his holy invisibleness"
that "true Christians" espouse

remember, everlasting life is reserved for only those that have been baptized into Christianity and follow the words of jesus-recall that picture I posted of the starving child in Africa? he's a goner because
A. he hasn't been baptized
B. he doesn't follow the word of jesus
C. he deserves everything he gets because of A and B

tart was just doing his Christian duty
get out, get out while there's still time
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

another bump for 'tart

Don't worry, 'tart. Throw enough shit at the wall. something is bound to stick.
Please don't run me.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:I wipe my ass with the "Holy" Koran and use the "Holy" Bible as a spooge rag.

Fuck the stinking lot of you.
you won't be fucking laughing when you're writhing in agonizing fire/pain/locked into an 8.8% ARM loan at the hands of my loving god asshat

/s/
tart
Martyred wrote:another bump for 'tart

Don't worry, 'tart. Throw enough shit at the wall. something is bound to stick.
Please don't run me.
what time is it in Seoul?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:"if you don't believe exactly as I do, you're going straight to hell, and we'll be laughing at you as we sit at the side of his holy invisibleness"
that "true Christians" espouse
Now Felix, if I was laffing at you as you're in the midst of destruction, would I keep coming in here to throw you down a life jacket?

Humankind (from Adam) went into certain destruction, and for this reason God gave the seed of ... the woman ... as teh life jacket.

... a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel

If Mohammed was the Christ I would worship him.
If Buddah was the Christ I would worship him.
If Socrates was the Christ I would worship him.
If Al Davis was the Christ I would worship him.

They are not.

Jesus Christ is the seed of the woman.

He is THE way that God provided for us, and He is the only thing that works.

God is Holy.
God's Word is Holy.

The Quran is a piece of trash, and exponentially more so because it puts itself up as the Word of God.

Those who are deceived into thinking it is the Word of God are in a state of destruction, and for a "Christian" (who ought to witness to the Truth) to stand up and refer to the garbage that fills their mind as ... Holy ... is a pretty troubling concept.

Pretty damn difficult for a Christian to be the prez in this PC day and age.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
If Mohammed was the Christ I would worship him.
If Buddah was the Christ I would worship him.
If Socrates was the Christ I would worship him.
If Al Davis was the Christ I would worship him.

They are not.
and you know this how?
The Quran is a piece of trash, and exponentially more so because it puts itself up as the Word of God.
damn dude, you're pretty judgmental and intolerant even for a christian....oh fuck I forgot, you are a christian....it's your lot in life to be judgmental and intolerant....

Allahu Akbar
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

We all have to make a judgement as to what truth is.

The Quran and the Bible can not both be God's Word.

One is a fake.

and you know this how?
Jesus proved Himself to be the Christ because of His unique and REMARKABLE fulfillment of all that the said Christ would fulfill.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
The Quran and the Bible can not both be God's Word.
that's true I guess....but just as well NEITHER could be the word of "god" (who or whatever that is supposed to be) but merely the ramblings of bronze age mythologists that believed the sun could stand still for 24 hours (the bible, Joshua 10:12-13) or that the sun floats in an orbit around the earth. (the quran 21:33)
One is a fake.
yep no doubt about it, one of those books is a complete fake....so which one do you think it is-the one that consistently references unicorns or the one where god takes the time to explain to Adam the names of every living thing on earth (which is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.8 million species)?
Jesus proved Himself to be the Christ because of His unique and REMARKABLE fulfillment of all that the said Christ would fulfill.
again, we've been down this path before-a book that certifies itself as proof that everything in it is true proves nothing (see my self-audit note to the IRS-it failed miserably)
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

poptart wrote:God is Holy.
God's Word is Holy.
Connotation vs. denotation.

You're way caught up in denotation, bro.
pop wrote:The Quran and the Bible can not both be God's Word.
According to whom?

But then again, that is the problem with organized religion ... way too many "do-gooders" caught up in the "rules" rather than the spirit.

Way too many denoters, not nearly enough connotators in this world, especially among "clergy."

'sup Imams?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The Bible and the Quran can't both be God's Word because they contradict each other completely, and at the most fundamental level.

Jesus came as the One promised from the very beginning -- the seed of the woman, Genesis 3:15 -- not a decendant of Adam, Who would destroy the work of failure that satan has brought on all mankind.

The Bible surely promises us that Jesus Christ is THE only way for us.

With Christ, ... "it is finished" ... and we are assured that there are to be no future prophets to come.

Islam contradicts all of this.

It's really fascinating and scary to realize that Islam originated out of the unbelief of Abraham, who had been called by God, and through whom the Christ would come.

Abraham was promised by God that his wife Sarah (a VERY old woman) would have his child.
Abraham didn't believe it, and so he instead slept with Sarah's maid, Hagar, and they produced Ishmael ... who became the seed of Islam.

When Hagar was pregnant with Ishmael, the angel of the Lord said to her, "Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren."

Fascinating, very.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

poptart wrote:The Bible and the Quran can't both be God's Word because they contradict each other completely, and at the most fundamental level.

Jesus came as the One promised from the very beginning -- the seed of the woman, Genesis 3:15 -- not a decendant of Adam, Who would destroy the work of failure that satan has brought on all mankind.

The Bible surely promises us that Jesus Christ is THE only way for us.

With Christ, ... "it is finished" ... and we are assured that there are to be no future prophets to come.

Islam contradicts all of this.
I'm no expert on the Quran, but from what I know of it, the Quran holds Jesus in very high regard. Very high. He's right up there with the decendents of the big M, if I'm not mistaken. Right up there with the big split, between Shia and Sunni.
pop wrote:It's really fascinating and scary to realize that Islam originated out of the unbelief of Abraham, who had been called by God, and through whom the Christ would come.
Complete bullshit.

Islam faith holds Abraham in the same regard as Judaism and Christianity do -- the "father" of their religion. Abraham is regarded by the three great monotheistic religions as the first person to see a true "one" God.
pop wrote:Abraham was promised by God that his wife Sarah (a VERY old woman) would have his child.
Abraham didn't believe it, and so he instead slept with Sarah's maid, Hagar, and they produced Ishmael ... who became the seed of Islam.

When Hagar was pregnant with Ishmael, the angel of the Lord said to her, "Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren."

Fascinating, very.
I guess. That's one interpretation of a bunch of Old-Testament stuff.

Good thing we have the NEW Testament, now, right?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

The Quran is practically a love letter to Christianity when you compare it to the sludge that is the Talmud.
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Islam sees Jesus as a prophet and not the Christ.

Jesus being ... the Christ ... is THE foundation of Christianity.

If you deny that Jesus is the Christ you have nothing.

Islam regards Abraham highly, for sure.

Christianity views Abraham this way -

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

What does it mean to be this heir?

Galatians 4:1-5
1: Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2: But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3: Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4: But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5: To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

If you are in Christ you are a child of God and you have been freed from bondage to satan.

As God first called Abraham, He told him this --

Genesis 12:1-3
1: Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

The Christ came through Abraham.

Islam denies this.

He who denies Christ remains in bondage to satan.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Nice deflection.
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Deflection?

I've been straightforward throughout.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RadioFan wrote:Good thing we have the NEW Testament, now, right?

no shit

referring to the end of the world
Mark 13:30-Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Luke 9:27-But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Luke 21:32-Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
1 Thessalonians 4:17-Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

James 5:8-Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
the bible is filled with loads of unfulfilled "prophecies" (which of course the Old Testament says unfullfilled prophecies are indicative of a false prophet)

christian apologetic's stammering "but, but you just don't get it" in 5....4.....3...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The generation spoken of is the generation of the last days, which began at the death and resurrection of Jesus and continues until now.

Use just a touch of common sense and ask yourself why, if the "generation" is only some number of decades, would those who put the Bible together include this part of what Jesus said in it, seeing as He obviously said ... WRONG?

lol

Luke 9:27 -- about some disciples "not tasting death until they see the Kingdom of God," well, didn't I warn you about just cherry picking verses to imagine you've got some ... GOTCHA ... item?

Read on from Luke 9:28-36.

Felix, get your nose out of goofy "Bible Skeptics" websites and pick up your Bible and read it.

Just read a chapter.

John
Genesis
One of the other Gospels

Give it a shot.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:The Bible and the Quran can't both be God's Word because they contradict each other completely, and at the most fundamental level.
Maybe God is bipolar.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
Felix, get your nose out of goofy "Bible Skeptics" websites and pick up your Bible and read it.

Just read a chapter.

John
Genesis
One of the other Gospels

Give it a shot.
I've read the entire book cover to cover probably more times than you have......

it doesn't deter from the fact that it's filled with hatred, fear, loathing, torture. and threats issued by ignorant bronze age mythologists foisting their own beliefs on the unwashed masses and passing them off as "god's" words

seriously, if your god is as big a douchebag as he's portrayed in the Bible, I really don't want anything to do with "him"....

seriously
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix, hatred, fear, loathing, torture were not present in the first two chapters of Genesis.

There's your first clue as to where it came from and what it is that afflicts people.

When God Himself came to earth, how did He conduct Himself?

Do you have a problem with any of it?

ALL that God had go on prior to Christ coming was done so that salvation would be made available for ... YOU.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

Felix wrote:I've read the entire book cover to cover probably more times than you have......
I don't think I've ever doubted anything more in my life. Call me a skeptic.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

ppanther wrote:
Felix wrote:I've read the entire book cover to cover probably more times than you have......
I'll second that.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Felix wrote:
poptart wrote:

Just read a chapter.

John
Genesis
One of the other Gospels

Give it a shot.
I've read the entire book cover to cover probably more times than you have......

it doesn't deter from the fact that it's filled with hatred, fear, loathing, torture. and threats issued by ignorant bronze age mythologists foisting their own beliefs on the unwashed masses and passing them off as "god's" words

seriously, if your god is as big a douchebag as he's portrayed in the Bible, I really don't want anything to do with "him"....

seriously
Please, give us some specifics. And yes, you will need to provide chapter and verse.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

battery chucka' one wrote:
ppanther wrote:
I'll second that.
I was born and raised Roman Catholic and attended Catholic grade schools and graduated from a Catholic high school....be as skeptical as you'd like, but the fact is that I've been inundated with the bible all of my life, I've read it so many times I can't count....it also might surprise you to know that I've also read the Qur'an and the Book of Mormon from cover to cover...have either of you bothered to read that which you'd criticize?

what I find is that universally they're all full of shit

some more than others, but for the most part they're equally pathetic

Please, give us some specifics. And yes, you will need to provide chapter and verse.
sure thing
first, Genesis 6:17 "And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die."

what exactly did the animals and birds do to god to warrant their total destruction?

Exodus 32:27 "And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor."

god had 3,000 people slaughtered for nothing more than worshiping a golden idol

Kings 2 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

god sent down an angel to kill 185,000 Assyrian soldiers

Chronicles 2
28:6 For Pekah the son of Remaliah slew in Judah an hundred and twenty thousand in one day, which were all valiant men; because they had forsaken the LORD God of their fathers.

28:8 And the children of Israel carried away captive of their brethren two hundred thousand, women, sons, and daughters, and took also away much spoil from them, and brought the spoil to Samaria

So, for "forsaking the Lord" Pekah killed 120,000 people and enslaved 200,000 women and children

and you're good with this?
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

Felix wrote:I was born and raised Roman Catholic and attended Catholic grade schools and graduated from a Catholic high school....be as skeptical as you'd like, but the fact is that I've been inundated with the bible all of my life, I've read it so many times I can't count....it also might surprise you to know that I've also read the Qur'an and the Book of Mormon from cover to cover...have either of you bothered to read that which you'd criticize?

Sorry, I forgot to add the disclaimer:

Felix' apologist stammering "no really, I have read the bible!!" in 5....4.....3...

I sincerely doubt you've read it, more than anything based on the fact that you quoted 5 verses and failed to understand or contextualize any of them. poptart nailed you. Sorry. I'm staying skeptical.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Felix wrote:sure thing
first, Genesis 6:17 "And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die."

what exactly did the animals and birds do to god to warrant their total destruction?

Birds and animals were entrusted to man. It's not unlike their grain and homes. Man has souls. Animals don't.

Exodus 32:27 "And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor."

god had 3,000 people slaughtered for nothing more than worshiping a golden idol

God had 3,000 people slaughtered for leading HIS people away from God. God would have been justified for slaughtering all who worshiped the golden calf. Instead, he only killed 3000.

Kings 2 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

god sent down an angel to kill 185,000 Assyrian soldiers

Assyria had destroyed the north kingdom and taken them away as slaves. They were attacking the southern kingdom (called Judah). God said He wasn't going to allow this. He slaughtered 185,000 soldiers and 'sent them back the way they came'. He would have been justified in destroying the entire nation of Assyria, but they served a purpose, as all things do, for the Lord. He let them survive. He destroyed the attacking soldiers.

Chronicles 2
28:6 For Pekah the son of Remaliah slew in Judah an hundred and twenty thousand in one day, which were all valiant men; because they had forsaken the LORD God of their fathers.

Ahaz, the king of Judah, was slaughtering children on high places to the demon Molech. Stuff like that offends God. Ahaz was offering them up as a sacrifices and burning them alive. God used Pekah (and the north kingdom) as an 'attitude adjuster' with Judah.

28:8 And the children of Israel carried away captive of their brethren two hundred thousand, women, sons, and daughters, and took also away much spoil from them, and brought the spoil to Samaria

Again, God used the north kingom (which was worthless) to adjust the attitudes of the south kingdom. And yes, he allowed them to beat Judah in war to do this. God prevails.

So, for "forsaking the Lord" Pekah killed 120,000 people and enslaved 200,000 women and children

and you're good with this?

God is 100% good. Yes, I'm alright with his decisions. While man might see them as 'brutal', when viewing from a Godly perspective, they are most certainly justifiable.
Last edited by battery chucka' one on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

ppanther wrote:
Felix wrote:I was born and raised Roman Catholic and attended Catholic grade schools and graduated from a Catholic high school....be as skeptical as you'd like, but the fact is that I've been inundated with the bible all of my life, I've read it so many times I can't count....it also might surprise you to know that I've also read the Qur'an and the Book of Mormon from cover to cover...have either of you bothered to read that which you'd criticize?

Sorry, I forgot to add the disclaimer:

Felix' apologist stammering "no really, I have read the bible!!" in 5....4.....3...

I sincerely doubt you've read it, more than anything based on the fact that you quoted 5 verses and failed to understand or contextualize any of them. poptart nailed you. Sorry. I'm staying skeptical.
Also, I question the assertion that 'being raised catholic', he was innundated with Scripture. We're talking about a religion that actually is notorious for NOT encouraging their parishioners to familiarize themselves with the Word. I have trouble believing that he, as a young child, was a budding young Samuel, submerged in the Word of God. I don't think I can accept that.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ppanther wrote:
well, you're entitled to believe whatever you want, but if you think I've come to where I am without careful consideration and extensive contemplation on the subject, then you're seriously misinformed...

have you ever noticed that it's always the bible apologists that assert that atheists "take everything out of context", yet when I've asked all the good christians if they've followed the word of god and stoned insolent children to death, I'm always met with silence....

I know, I'm simply taking it out of "context" :meds:
Also, I question the assertion that 'being raised catholic', he was innundated with Scripture. We're talking about a religion that actually is notorious for NOT encouraging their parishioners to familiarize themselves with the Word. I have trouble believing that he, as a young child, was a budding young Samuel, submerged in the Word of God. I don't think I can accept that.

seriously dawg, I already know what a fucking idiot you are...you don't need to keep proving it to me
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

Felix wrote:
ppanther wrote:
well, you're entitled to believe whatever you want, but if you think I've come to where I am without careful consideration and extensive contemplation on the subject, then you're seriously misinformed...

have you ever noticed that it's always the bible apologists that assert that atheists "take everything out of context", yet when I've asked all the good christians if they've followed the word of god and stoned insolent children to death, I'm always met with silence....

I know, I'm simply taking it out of "context" :meds:
I am pretty sure your consideration wasn't terribly careful, given that you apparently have very inaccurate ideas about what Christians believe.

You're not "met with silence" when you ask questions such as yours, you simply refuse to accept the answers Christians give you. You don't have to believe in God, you don't have to believe in the Bible, but please stop acting like you have any real knowledge of the subject. Your ignorance is downright woeful. Seriously. Just stop.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Also, I question the assertion that 'being raised catholic', he was innundated with Scripture. We're talking about a religion that actually is notorious for NOT encouraging their parishioners to familiarize themselves with the Word.
100% in agreement on that one.

The Bible is what, 4th or 5th in "required reading" on Catholic lists?
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:yet when I've asked all the good christians if they've followed the word of god and stoned insolent children to death, I'm always met with silence....
Felix, as you've given this same take a couple of times in other threads I've replied to you that when a person gives this take they are demonstrating that they have not even a very fundamental grasp on what the Bible is.

It doesn't matter how many times you've "read the Bible" if you are still coming up with a take like this, because this is a seriously WACK take.

If you want to argue in here, that is fine, the board IS about arguing.

If you want to consider otherwise, then in your own quiet time, read the book of John.
Or go back and read (and look at the accompanying Scriptures) my opening posts in a few of the threads I started in here ... "Life" or "Man was created in God's image" or "darkness" ...
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Felix wrote:I was born and raised Roman Catholic
Same here. Thankfully, my parents didn't force me to go to Catholic schools, but there was utterly worthless hours of CCD, by inept, judgemental fucktards when I was young. Ah yes, such pleasant memories of organized religion as a kid. :meds:

I stopped attending Mass after I visited Jerusalem, in 1989, for reasons I won't go into here.

Suffice to say, this year, some things happened with me, emotionally and spiritually, which called me back to the church and I started attending Masses again in March.

Attending church is very personal for me -- it's not a social occasion to chit-chat like I'm at kid's birthday party or a bar.

That's one of the things I love about the Catholic Church -- sacred SILENCE, before the Mass starts, and pretty much throughout.

But then again, Felix, some of the same folks who are asininely and borderline blasphemous, to even PRESUME what God "means" in his works -- of all monotheistic religions -- Catholicism isn't "Christian" anyway.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

poptart wrote:From B.O.'s speech to the muslim world --

"As the Holy Quran tells us, 'Be conscious of God and speak always the truth.
That is what I will try to do today, to speak the truth as best I can."
Btw, pop, wtf is wrong with what he said, outside of the word "holy?"

Would you rather he go over there and say something like ...

"Ya'll know what, your god is wrong, you haven't been saved and God hates you, until you have. I'm here to lie to you today as best I can."

Seriously. C'mon bro.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

RF, Smackie asked the same question in the 2nd post of the thread.
I answered this question.

For what he said, aside from the "Holy" part, as I noted also, it's gonna be very difficult in this day and age for a Christian to be the president, given all the PC crap that he has to bow down to.

I would not have balked at what he said there if he had simply not said that their book is holy.

But let me be clear on this.
He spoke twice about "truth" in those two sentences that I noted, and there is NO truth apart from Christ.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

poptart wrote:RF, Smackie asked the same question in the 2nd post of the thread.
I answered this question.

For what he said, aside from the "Holy" part, as I noted also, it's gonna be very difficult in this day and age for a Christian to be the president, given all the PC crap that he has to bow down to.

I would not have balked at what he said there if he had simply not said that their book is holy.

But let me be clear on this.
He spoke twice about "truth" in those two sentences that I noted, and there is NO truth apart from Christ.
It's people like you, from both - or any - religions, that need to be exterminated, for the good of the rest of the world.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Felix, as you've given this same take a couple of times in other threads I've replied to you that when a person gives this take they are demonstrating that they have not even a very fundamental grasp on what the Bible is.
and this is the same exact answer you give EVERY TIME..."you just don't get it"

look face the facts, you pick and choose what to adhere to and what not to follow and no amount of pleading, apologizing, or cajoling is going to change that fact....YOU'VE decided what to follow and what not to follow, so get off your sanctimonious horse

christians are best at one thing though-they are the single most judgmental religious sect I've ever seen and you epitomize everything that's wrong with religions in general...
It doesn't matter how many times you've "read the Bible" if you are still coming up with a take like this, because this is a seriously WACK take.
and this is THE SAME FUCKING EXACT THING you say everytime...."oh Felix, if that's what you think the bible says then you're simply misinterpreting what it means. Here, I've got a stairway to his holy invisibleness so let me help you out and tell you what god really meant" of course, I've yet to meet a christian that didn't think they knew exactly what god meant

"Man was created in God's image" or "darkness" ...
okay, I'm the darkness