Fucking time zones suck ass

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Fucking time zones suck ass

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Meh. You're going to miss out on a lot of good cfb, including your very own Sooners, to watch those games? Hand me a remote and park me in front of the tube, thank you very much.

Fortunately the bright sunny skies will make watching them so much more exciting.

~Sam
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Racks for you! Bryant-Denny is one of the best places in America to watch CFB.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Meh. You're going to miss out on a lot of good cfb, including your very own Sooners, to watch those games? Hand me a remote and park me in front of the tube, thank you very much.

Fortunately the bright sunny skies will make watching them so much more exciting.

~Sam
College football is not the same on TV. It's all about the atmosphere. NFL is much better on TV than CFB because it's a better brand of football and the atmosphere at an NFL game is just not as good as college. Sundays are for TV. Saturdays are all about grilling, hangin' with the fellas, and cheering on your favorite team from inside the stadium.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

TheJON wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Meh. You're going to miss out on a lot of good cfb, including your very own Sooners, to watch those games? Hand me a remote and park me in front of the tube, thank you very much.

~Sam
College football is not the same on TV. It's all about the atmosphere. NFL is much better on TV than CFB because it's a better brand of football and the atmosphere at an NFL game is just not as good as college. Sundays are for TV. Saturdays are all about grilling, hangin' with the fellas, and cheering on your favorite team from inside the stadium.
No shit, sherlock. I'm sure Mgo had no idea. Thanks for updating him.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Believe the Heupel wrote:As I'm up at 5 in the morning to buy season tickets...
Try playing a football game a couple of hours later after traveling 3,000 miles and getting 5 hours sleep.

Oh did I mention... the "average" student/athlete at Cal has around 7 hours of studies 5 days a week.

Yeah, its just a tad different at Cal.

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

TheJON wrote:

~Sam
What I'm referring to is watching the featured game of the afternoon as opposed to watching Bama beat UT-Chattanooga by 55 points.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote: OU usually kicks off in the afternoon slot, Alabama usually kicks off in the early morning slot. My pad is about a mile from the stadium. So I probably won't miss a bunch of OU games-and even so, Jon actually has a decent point. BTCF is much better seen in person than on TV.
additionally, OU's September/OOC home games are often in the 6 PM Fox slot to beat the heat (and be on TV).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Try playing a football game a couple of hours later after traveling 3,000 miles and getting 5 hours sleep.
WWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH. I'm sure none of the players slept on the plane, or the night before.
Oh did I mention... the "average" student/athlete at Cal has around 7 hours of studies 5 days a week.
Bullshit.....just like EVERY other major college these guys take some classes to ensure eligibility. They have tutors with them 24/7, they have academic advisors, they have teachers who are friendly with the athletic department, they have all the advantages given to them. So quit bitching about having to sit on an airplane and go play a football game.[/quote]
Yes we know. Cal is the only major college football program ever to board an airplane and travel across the country to play a football game. No other team has ever done that. So yes it is a tad different.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sounds to me like yes indeedy, things are different at Cal. At Cal, they apparently don't know how to tell time.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

it's so different at Cal that Rick Neuheisel went public that Cal's admissions gets kids in that UCLA can't.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Van wrote:Sounds to me like yes indeedy, things are different at Cal. At Cal, they apparently don't know how to tell time.
or have an AD who can schedule a flight in on Friday afternoon. priceline, yo. i'm sure that would be the first time a Cal student every missed a 9 AM class on Friday. :meds:
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Plus, UCLA's travel secretary knows how to properly schedule flights.

(Edit: Doh! You beat me to it. :lol: )
Last edited by Van on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Hey don't blame the person who has to schedule the flights. She's in class with all the other students.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

simpletons.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Rack Van and King!! :lol:
Dreams......Temporary Madness
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

MuchoBulls wrote:Rack Van and King!! :lol:
2nd
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

.m2Blueblood wrote: Try playing a football game a couple of hours later after traveling 3,000 miles and getting 5 hours sleep.

Uhhh, no it's not. As everyone has pointed out if you schedule a game 3000 miles away, then you might have to make different arrangements. Hawaii played at UF last season in an 11am kickoff. Because of that they changed they way they travel. The only one to blame for Cal players getting 5 hours of sleep is Cal. Crap happens when you travel ask Texas when they visited ATM 9 years ago. Hotel didn't cater breakfast, all players got wake up calls every hour on the hour, etc.

If the travel is so tough then leave on Thursday. Cal just like every other program has tutors that travel with the team. Thursday night and Friday afternoon are study halls. Same for the flight over and the flight back.

And Cal isn't just bad 3000 miles from home, they also got beat instate on the road, and one state north on the road. Hardly something limited to the Eastern time zone.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

0 hours of sleep and a raging hangover should still equal a 3 point win over Maryland.

It was Maryland, toolio. Not Penn St. Maryland.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i'm going to go have coffee with .m2 so we can have a laugh about this.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Didn't USC travel, by plane, presumably, all the way to Virginia last season?

Cal needs to poach USC's beehive hairdo lady. She's got skillz.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Van wrote:Didn't USC travel, by plane, presumably, all the way to Virginia last season?

Cal needs to poach USC's beehive hairdo lady. She's got skillz.
she's also got that 02 or 03 roadie to Auburn scalp on her belt.
"
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Blueblood wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:As I'm up at 5 in the morning to buy season tickets...

the truth

Stanford don't bitch.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Didn't USC travel, by plane, presumably, all the way to Virginia last season?
Yes that's true, however the University of Maryland is farther east than the University of Virginia so that extra 20 minutes on the plan really hurt them.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

yoo guys dont understnd the tuff akadem... ackadim... classus and how hard it is to get into Kal.

Sin,
X

JJ Arrington, Academic All American
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one