Coaches' votes to be secret again

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Coaches' votes to be secret again

Post by RadioFan »

College football coaches poll to become anonymous again

College football’s process for choosing a national champion is getting murkier.

Voting in the coaches’ poll – which is one-third of the formula used for selecting national-title game participants – will be anonymous beginning in the 2010 season, according to a press release on the American Football Coaches Association Web site.

In the previous four years, the final ballot in the coaches poll has been revealed.

Gallup World Poll evaluated the AFCA’s process in conducting its balloting. Gallup provided several recommendations, including the anonymity of the coaches’ vote. According to the AFCA release, Gallup recommended: “Do not release the individual coach’s ‘final end of the [regular] season’ ballot. Gallup recommended the voting process remain confidential. Historically, until four years ago, the AFCA kept the ballot confidential. (The AFCA does not restrict a coach from releasing his ballot).”

The coaches' vote, the Harris poll and computer rankings comprise are each one-third of a formula used to select the two teams that play in the BCS championship game.

---------------------

Great, another step backward. Then again, controversy gets people "talking."
:meds:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Coaches' votes to be secret again

Post by Van »

Why is it better that their votes remain anonymous? How is a lack of accountability a positive?

Why doesn't Pete Carroll have a vote? Did he just decide he doesn't want one? Anybody know the story there?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Van wrote:Why is it better that their votes remain anonymous? How is a lack of accountability a positive?
Because it's BTPCF. There can't be anything approaching logical or commendable, especially when it comes to determining a champion.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Van wrote:Why is it better that their votes remain anonymous? How is a lack of accountability a positive?

Why doesn't Pete Carroll have a vote? Did he just decide he doesn't want one? Anybody know the story there?

The votes rotate. 60 coaches get votes and their are 119 D1-A teams. His turn is back in a couple years.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Didn't know that. Thanks, Lefty. Oh, and don't go letting TVO see you fucking up "there/their/they're" like that. That wouldn't be good.

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Van wrote:That wouldn't be good.
:lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What?? You know it wouldn't. TVO would kill to have something like that to use against Lefty.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Umm......I think Pete cheats enough as it is! :D
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

My goodness, did I really just use a smiley??? Mother fucker, I've become one of them......

:logan: Who the fuck is "Logan"????
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You'd better not play with the buttons, NOJ.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

at the very least, that means we've lost one more post-season thread. No more public grudge-fuck voting.....like Leach voting his team #2 and UT #9, or former UT QB and North Texas coach Todd Dodge voting UT #2 and OU #8. (not the real numbers, but approximates overstated for effect). if they were Supreme Court justices from the righty perspective, we might call this "activist voting"....and good entertainment for BTPCF.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

King Crimson wrote:at the very least, that means we've lost one more post-season thread. No more public grudge-fuck voting.....like Leach voting his team #2 and UT #9, or former UT QB and North Texas coach Todd Dodge voting UT #2 and OU #8. (not the real numbers, but approximates overstated for effect). if they were Supreme Court justices from the righty perspective, we might call this "activist voting"....and good entertainment for BTPCF.
No, now we are going to have Leach vote his team #1 and leave Texas out of the top 25 and Dodge probably do the same thing.

College football just took two steps backward. I hope some coach completely abuses the process and votes themselves #1 and every bottom dweller into the top 25 just to help their cause.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

My only source on this is a (very knowledgeable) SC fan friend of mine, so take it for what it's worth, but he claims that Carroll doesn't vote in the coaches' poll because he doesn't think he (or any other coach who is doing his job right, for that matter) has enough time to properly evaluate 119 teams every week and come up with an accurate poll. Think about it - CFB coaches probably watch a lot less football than even casual CFB fans. It's actually a pretty honorable position to take, so I guess there's no way it could be true, since we all know Pete is the biggest liar/scumbag/cheater in CFB, right?
"Keys, woman!"