Stealing home

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Stealing home

Post by jiminphilly »

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/me ... 3&c_id=phi

Rack the timing of Werth's steal home. Shame on Martin for being so lazy behing the plate last night.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Stealing home

Post by Mikey »

That was very cool. Looks like he was out of Martin's line of sight behind the batter for at least the first few steps.

I'm guessing that won't happen again vs. the Dodgers for a while.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Mikey wrote:That was very cool. Looks like he was out of Martin's line of sight behind the batter for at least the first few steps.
Even Feliz was caught off guard (or at least acted the part) because he had to move quickly too. From what I read, Werth's decision to steal home was his own but Davy Lopes (1B coach) told him to be more aggressive on the bases.. seems like Werth took it to heart.... He had 4 steals last night.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Ellsbury did that earlier this year. That's something we don't seem see much of any more. We are starting to see more teams adopt small ball/station-to-station baseball given the most players (allegedly) are off the juice. I got a kick out of seeing Carl Crawford getting 6 steals in a game not too long ago.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Coco Crisp stole home last week, but Mike Aviles swung at a pitch in the dirt on a 2 strike count with 2 outs and stood there dumbfounded while Crisp dove headfirst into home, conveniently allowing the catcher time to retrieve the ball that had bounced 15 feet away from the plate and tag his idiot ass out. Inning over, no steal.

:brad:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Shoalzie wrote:Ellsbury did that earlier this year. That's something we don't seem see much of any more. We are starting to see more teams adopt small ball/station-to-station baseball given the most players (allegedly) are off the juice. I got a kick out of seeing Carl Crawford getting 6 steals in a game not too long ago.
Ricky approves.

Sin,
Ricky

Rollie Fingers
Crack Whore

Post by Rollie Fingers »

Although this pic of Pete coming in is not of home plate, his balls and guts are apparent.

But listen to his quote:

Sliding headfirst is the safest way to get to the next base, I think, and the fastest.

You don't lose your momentum, and there's one more important reason I slide headfirst, it gets my picture in the paper.

~ Pete Rose

Stealing home is like fukking the prom queen. Rack baseball. And the trolls.
Do you like moustaches?