What the heck, Padres?

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

trev
New Sheriff in Town

What the heck, Padres?

Post by trev »

I expected maybe 4-8 or something at this point. Instead they are 9-3 and just blew out Brad Lidge and the Phillies in Philly. I haven't seen this kind of chemistry on the team in a few years, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Screw_Michigan

Re: What the heck, Padres?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The big difference, Mace, is that the Pads are not the Cubs.

RACK the Fathers.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It helps having a healthy Peavy and Young...

Surprises across the league...Toronto, Kansas City, Seattle, Florida and the Padres hold or share the lead in their respective divisions.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mace wrote:I haven't seen them play, but the Pads must be playing pretty good baseball right now. Don't worry Trev, there's plenty of time, and losing streaks, for them to overcome that fast start and get back to that .333 winning percentage. :)

Trust me, I've seen it before.

Cubfan Mace
heh, heh, I know.

In the meantime I'm enjoying some very enjoyable and watchable games!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Shoalzie wrote:It helps having a healthy Peavy and Young...

Surprises across the league...Toronto, Kansas City, Seattle, Florida and the Padres hold or share the lead in their respective divisions.
Peavy asked for some run support and is getting it. Young had one great outing and one not as great, but the rest of the team helped him along.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Why would someone who supposedly knows anything about baseball be surprised by Florida, Shoalz? If you're surprised by the Marlins you need to stick to the Minor Leagues or Hockey. 'Bout the same thing...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Shoalzie wrote:Surprises across the league...Toronto, Kansas City, Seattle, Florida and the Padres hold or share the lead in their respective divisions.

Check back June 1st...

Outside of Florida, I don't see any of those teams making the playoffs.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Surprises across the league...Toronto, Kansas City, Seattle, Florida and the Padres hold or share the lead in their respective divisions.

Check back June 1st...

Outside of Florida, I don't see any of those teams making the playoffs.
Way to go out on a limb with that take. Quite risk taker Ucunt is.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I was responding to another's stupid take, ass. Two weeks into the season (the day of his original post) and dude's acting all surprised that some divisions are upside down. Much like your shit hockey team, those other shit franchises will be back in their usual doormat role. Soon. Speaking of predictions, you do recall the one I made for the Craps, right?

So, when exactly is their tee time tomorrow?