Pissed My Wife Off Good

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Re: Pissed My Wife Off Good

Post by Tom In VA »

Personally, I believe there's two kinds of people in the world: men and women.

Those can be further classified down to two other types: psychotic and neurotic.

Tell your wife to lighten up. No wonder you're so fucked up, dare I say, neurotic ?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

young lady wrote:"Well, god will provide for me."
She is absolutely correct.

God has promised to take care of His children.
He has taken responsibility for our lives.

Matthew 6:25-33
25: Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26: Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27: Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28: And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30: Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31: Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32: (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

Pop, I'm going to give you an NASB translation for Christmas this year. Or NIV. Or the Message. Etc. :D
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

battery chucka' one wrote:Pop, I'm going to give you an NASB translation for Christmas this year. Or NIV. Or the Message. Etc. :D
Why? You're too stupid to read good english? If thees and thous cause you too much consternation, grab a NKJV. All mulitudes of translations do is cause confusion and give the Felixes of the world opportunity to spew unfocused nonsense. Now, kindly don't make that kind of statement in a public forum again, please. Joking or not. TIA.

Props to Sam's wife and the girl, btw...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Better question.

You don't believe any of it so what do you care? :lol: :lol: Nice misdirection, though. You normally don't let context gangrape you with this much ferocity.

Oh, and be careful what you ask for...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

rozy wrote: All mulitudes of translations do is cause confusion and give the Felixes of the world opportunity to spew unfocused nonsense.
I'm sorry, do my opinions of religion in general and chritianity in particular seem unfocused....I think I've been pretty clear in what I say

oh and by the way, mvscal is absolutely right-translations, especially when dealing with obscure languages is at best-a guess, and at worst, an opinion of what the original author intended
get out, get out while there's still time
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I'm guessing that Hebrew, Aramic, and Koine Greek probably didn't translate all that well into english
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote:Better question.

You don't believe any of it so what do you care?
Exactly.

Why is it that some folks who smugly believe that God doesn't exist, that the Bible is a book of fairy tales, spend so much time and effort trying to disprove what they don't believe in?

Ponderous.

Perhaps God is speaking to them in ways they don't understand just yet. Or maybe it's just a guilty conscious. They've heard the message and have chosen to reject it. Many believers do the same and seek other paths, but they don't deny the existance of the message that they so clearly know they witnessed.

Still, even the most diehard atheist has that cloying fear deep down inside... what if I'm wrong?

For believers who choose to live their faith, they have no such fears. Even if it's all bullshit, they've lost nothing by walking the walk, and in fact are most likely 10 times more content with their lives than those who so vociferously deny the existance of a higher power.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote: I think you've got that exactly backwards. Even the most backwards, pig ignorant Bible thumping fuckwad knows deep down inside that it's all a bunch of bullshit.
Disagree, but for the sake of arguement, let's assume they do.

What are they afraid of and what have they lost by believing what they do?

More importantly, if they actually walk the walk and not just talk the talk, by their fruits ye shall know them.

I've seen. I believe.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:You've seen what?
I've seen how people can turn their lives around, namely me.

Saved my marriage, saved my sanity, saved my life, and that's a fact.

25 years later, I'm here to attest to the sheer power of the Holy Spirit, and I've got the 21 year old daughter on a softball scholarship at an aggressively unashamed Christian university (Evangel) that proves it to my satisfaction.

Any more questions?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:
Why is it that some folks who smugly believe that God doesn't exist
no one "believes" God doesn't exist...it isn't a belief system

as I said to you before, you're almost as big an atheist as I am, you just happen to believe in one god that I don't

mvscal wrote:Or maybe some people just have an academic interest in religion as a cultural phenomenon.
pretty much
War Wagon wrote:
Any more questions?
I've got plenty....do you really think that living for eternity would be all that glorious? yeah, the first million years would probably be a real hoot, but I'm guessing the next million and the million after that and the million after that would be pretty dismal

seriously, who would want to live for eternity and why would a loving god subject anybody to that torturous "existence"
Last edited by Felix on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
mvscal wrote:You've seen what?
I've seen how people can turn their lives around, namely me.

Saved my marriage, saved my sanity, saved my life, and that's a fact.

Any more questions?
You must have been quite a fucking mess. Wait, you still are. Never mind.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I'm with Wags. Same story, although details might be different.

Did I participate ? Sure. Was I able to do so alone ? No. Was a "God" involved ? I believe so. I am compelled to say I "know" so, but would rather not get into that.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

:lol:

Good one dude. No, he poked my facebook page.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Tom In VA wrote::lol:

Good one dude. No, he poked my facebook page.
God doesn't Facebook anymore, dude. He tweets. Didn't you get the TPS report?
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Tom In VA wrote::lol:

Good one dude. No, he poked my face.....
:o
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote: My wife thought I'd lost my mind when I told her I HAD to have a photo of that.
She was right, you know.