JoePa named all-time winningest head coach in D1A

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

JoePa named all-time winningest head coach in D1A

Post by Mr T »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3958292
Football coach Bobby Bowden was ready to enter spring football practices with 382 career victories, trailing Penn State coach Joe Paterno by one win on the all-time list. The sanctions will force him to forfeit all wins during which ineligible students competed in 2006 and 2007. It is not immediately clear how many games will have to be forfeited.
Congrats JoePa and PSU
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: JoePa named all-time winningest head coach in D1A

Post by The Seer »

Let that be a lesson for all you programs out there that refuse to follow the rules....

Sincerely,

E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Don't throw in the towel on Bobby just yet. JoePa could get hit by a bus tomorrow and as far as Bobby's concerned there's always cryogenics...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Pete's nose is kinda fucked up. Noses don't "curve" like that...
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

King Crimson wrote:Pete's nose is kinda fucked up. Noses don't "curve" like that...

He had his nose broken a few times in MCAL play while in high school.

Just don't let Vannie know that Petey (Redwood) played in the same high school league as I did (Terra Linda).

He'll lose all respect for Petey when he finds this out.
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The difference is we can actually verify that Petey was a three sport star at Redwood High.

m2, and his claimed exploits for Terra Linda?

Not so much.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Memo to Bobby Bowden:

If you're going to cheat, at least win.

Sin,

Petey
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

wow after reading that article, I wonder why they didnt drop the hammer. there is some serious accusations.

Lack of institutional control anyone?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Papa Willie wrote:Milton - seriously. Don't you have ANY fucking idea at how America looks at Berkeley? It's been one of the country's biggest jokes for a long, long time. You fit right in, and if you did go there, it's pretty obvious as to how such a fucked up institution can ruin a mind.
In fairness to Cal, they only had 2oodles there for all of one semester. Say what you will about Cal, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that most of their grads don't go prancing around RenFaires in chainmail and lipstick hawking wind chimes.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

peter dragon wrote:wow after reading that article, I wonder why they didnt drop the hammer. there is some serious accusations.

Lack of institutional control anyone?
Teacher's assistant giving the answers away to an online intro to music class to all students not just student athletes. The same test answers for two or three straight years because the Teacher was too lazy to change the test to a bullshit class.

As soon as FSU found out about it, they did their own investigation and then reported it to the NCAA. The NCAA investigated and found nothing that FSU didnt already report to them.

I am kinda pissed FSU even reported themselves. Did they not learn anything from the Patriots, USC, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, ect.? Just deny any wrong doing until they finally quit asking.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

"We believe that the NCAA confirmed that our investigative efforts and our self-imposed penalties were appropriate,"
Sorry, no dice. There need to be imposed penalties...in short, consequences.

At this point, I personally don't care about win totals. Basically, when you coach for over 40 years, you better be up pretty high on that list. In Joe's case, he had a good decade there where it was very debatable whether he was coaching the team to wins, or pulling them down into losses.

But...I think that you can't dance around this sort of large-scale academic fraud, and the penalty should be severe. Cooperating with investigators should be expected, not something you do to try and soften the consequences for wrongdoing.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

R-Jack wrote:He got JACKED in the nose by the guy that PUMPED him.
:lol:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

King Crimson wrote:Pete's nose is kinda fucked up. Noses don't "curve" like that...
Sup?

Sin,
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Say what you will about Cal, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that most of their grads don't go prancing around RenFaires in chainmail and lipstick hawking wind chimes.
No, only the "successful" ones. Speaks volumes....
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

how can i reeeeach these keeeeeeds?

“Just before the last Super Bowl, Bill Belichick gathered his football players and said let’s win this one for real… Just this one time.. Let’s not cheat. You know what happened? They lost.”