Pond Scum

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Pond Scum

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I'm sorry, but you don't get much lower than this.

My mom's longtime friend's husband stole about $30,000 from his mother

Of course, we are trying to be supportive as we've known them since I was born. I grew up with their two daughters. No matter how much you want to believe someone is innocent because you've known them your whole life, the facts don't lie. Dude is guilty in my eyes based on everything I've heard from my mom and the family.

Yeah, they have done everything to try and spin the story to make it sound like the dude was just helping out his mother, but it's not holding water.

I have to say the media is really fucking good at making dude look like a monster with the mugshot. He does not look like that at all. He actually looks like a pussy.

Oh well. Hope that dumbass saved some of that cash for a good attorney.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Re: Pond Scum

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The old hag is 87 years old, senile and probably a year or two at most from kicking the bucket.
She BELONGS in a nursing home, no matter how much she protests.

She should have been transferring that cayshe to her kids years ago to avoid taxes. After all, what's she gonna do with it - take it with her?
As far as I'm concerned the dude was just taking what's rightfully his.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I tend to agree with mv and Mikey. The old bag was probably in a mind coma when she was sent to the home, then she came out of it and said to herself, "how the fuck did I end up in this shithole?"

She probably has been in and out of it for years and someone on the other side is pointing it out to her that her son was stealing from her.

It's still her money until she takes the permanent dirt nap and he should have known that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

As far as I'm concerned the dude was just taking what's rightfully his.
Not necessarily. Maybe she told him she was only going to bequeath to him her record player and the rest of the coin was going to her favorite local charity. He had to make a move and make it FAST.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Before a courtroom packed with angry victims, West Linn con man C. Wesley Rhodes was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison Tuesday morning.

The sentence was one of the longest for a white-collar criminal case in recent memory in Portland. It was part of plea deal that Rhodes struck with federal prosecutors in which he admitted lying to his approximately 81 investors and helping himself to their money.

Rhodes, 57, pleaded guilty to one count of money laundering and one count of embezzlement.

In the 1990s and the first half of this decade, Rhodes obtained between $22.3 million and $40 million from investors, most of them individuals. Rhodes proved more adept at ingratiating himself with his investors and lying to them about their profits than he was at investing their money.

Rhodes was operating a Ponzi scheme, paying prior investors with money from new investors. Investor Cate Garrison compared Rhodes to Bernard Madoff, calling their brand of investment swindle "the pernicious crime of our generation."

Other investors were more blunt.

"You're the biggest piece of trash I've ever come across," said Dick Helmberger to Rhodes. "You took my money, you took my wife's money, you took my parents' money. You even came to my father's funeral."

Helmberger's remarks drew hearty applause from the audience but an objection from Michael Levine, Rhodes' attorney, who said his client didn't deserve that sort of personal abuse.

U.S. District Judge Ancer Haggerty overruled Levine's objection, though he urged investors to remain civil.

An old friend has spent the last two years since his mom died dealing with this fuck.

Clever bastard, too -- he lured people in deeper by actually throwing cash (that he got from new investors) at the previous investors, to make them think they were getting sick returns on their money (with a bunch of fake paperwork to back it up). Dude was actually buying vintage Ferraris with the money, and shit like that.

Looks like he jumped all over the 10 year offer, though. They had him slated to never see the outside world again in his miserable life.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Looks like he jumped all over the 10 year offer, though. They had him slated to never see the outside world again in his miserable life.
Small time con artist. We churn that much in an hour.

Sin,
Bernie M
Allen S
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Auburn fan, eh?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, gotta be an Auburn fan.

Hell, I bet Bsmack is an Auburn fan too.

-Wolfman
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev