LOI Day, how is your school going to fare?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Re: LOI Day, how is your school going to fare?

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Not all missions are 2 years, I think if their mission keeps them in the US its only 1 year and if they go to another country it is at least 2 years. If they go to a country that speaks another language their time away is longer as they spend more time at the MTC learning the language and customs of where they are going. I had a friend from High school that spent almost a year at the MTC and then 3 more in Russia

USC is #2 on ESPN and Rivals #6 on Scout. Su'a-Filo was their last shot to make much of a jump today with Orson Charles still a couple weeks away from commiting and Dre Kirkpatrick the longest of shots.
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

During his televised interview Filo said he told Neuheisel he's going on a two year mission following his freshman season. He said Neuheisel told him he was fine with that.

Sounds like Te'o is planning on doing the same thing with ND. The weird thing is he spoke so highly of Weis in his interview and Weis won't even be his coach following next season...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Btw, these announcement ceremonies are getting to be utterly pathetic. These are high school kids. They didn't cure cancer and they haven't actually done anything yet. This business of having every single member of the extended family up on the podium and then, even worse, the stupid big production these kids make out of choosing which hat?

Dre Kirkpatrick's ceremony just made me want to barf. I hope Texas plays Bama sometime soon. I hope Texas beats Bama 62-0, with Kirkpatrick repeatedly getting torched by Texas receivers who lack his "swagger."

Just die, kid. Take your goofy family with you.

The fact that so many of these kids and their gravy training family members are so obviously stupid people, man, it just makes for such a heart warming scene.

Our nation's obsession with celebrity and star fucking has gotten completely out of hand.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

A USC fan is bagging on kids for their flash and swagger?

Ponderous.

Van, maybe you should start rooting for Harvard.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, yeah, I am. Did you see Kirkpatrick's act at his signing?

Despicable.

If you can point to similar behavior by USC commitments I'll gladly rip them as well. I just want these stupid kids to at least do something before they already begin acting the fool.

Also, if you're as poorly spoken as a guy like Kirkpatrick is please just STFU. Don't talk. Thank the coaches, put on your Bama hat and let the grown ups speak. You embarrass everyone every time you open your stupid, pampered athlete yap.
Last edited by Van on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No, I just expect it from the Football Factory type of kids.

It is what it is, as they say...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:We'll never hear anything from half of these kids again.
Thank god.

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

ND off to a good start for 2010. They got Chris Martin today as well.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It'll be hilarious with ND. Weis was only able to win with Willingham's players. Now he'll be leaving his own successor with a decent collection of talent...

Killian

Post by Killian »

I don't think it was a Willingham vs. Weis thing. I think Weis is much better with experienced players than he is playing guys with no experience and who are young.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Van,

Thank ESPN for these kids acting stupid. They sensationalize it. They invite it. They enable it. And they embrace it. I have heard countless tales from ESPN employees in interviews of how ESPN encourages the story and not the sport.

As mgo said, it is what it is. No need to hope the kid dies.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian, that will never fly as a college coach. These days especially you have to be able to win with youth. Many of your best players may not even stick around. You have to use them early and you have to achieve results with them.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

IndyFrisco wrote:Van,

Thank ESPN for these kids acting stupid. They sensationalize it. They invite it. They enable it. And they embrace it. I have heard countless tales from ESPN employees in interviews of how ESPN encourages the story and not the sport.

As mgo said, it is what it is. No need to hope the kid dies.
You're absolutely correct, of course.

May I at least hope he catches a horrible case of season ending VD from Tommy Tuberville's daughter?

There's a story I'd like to see ESPN cover, with the very same degree of manufactured enthusiasm.

Killian

Post by Killian »

Van, I agree with you. He inherited a team that was so upper class heavy it was sick. If Weis were to stay at ND for another 10 years, I think you would see peaks and valleys, and nothing really level off. Weis has yet to prove he can take a kid as a freshman and develop him in 4 years.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Killian wrote:Weis is much better with experienced players than he is playing guys with no experience
I'm guessing this is the case for every coach in America.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote: Our nation's obsession with celebrity and star fucking has gotten completely out of hand.
says the guy posting on a message board about 17- and 18-year-olds. oh, i get it, you're reasonable. too bad there's about 50 million other reasonable people posting on message boards about 17- and 18-year-olds. you're part of the problem, soapbox.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Posting about recruiting (on a CF board) and saying let's wait four years before we get all excited about these guys is hardly the same thing as celebrity worship and star fucking, ESPN style.

Nice try, M Club, but that was a big swing and a miss.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

hardly a miss. you're posting on a message board, regardless of the restraint you think you're showing. so is everyone else. add that up and there's the overwhelming interest that allows for your so called star-fucking. furthermore, you actually watched this clown. he wouldn't have had the opportunity to do his horse and pony show if you had your telly turned off.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Hardly. I had Jsc's internet link on.

Another swing and a miss. You're really struggling here to differentiate between merely following a story vs making a slobbering fool of yourself over a pseudo celebrity, which is what ESPN and American culture seem to specialize in lately.

See, there's listening to an SRV cd and talking with your buddies about it. Then there's clamoring to get tickets to "American Idol," in the hopes that you can bawl your eyes out on national tv over some useless clown you've never even seen before.

There's talking with you and Mgo about CF...and there's the new religious cult sweeping the south, the one which sees an entire region placing a twenty year old kid who wears #15 up on a pedstal: their new almighty deity.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Moderately satisfied with the catches...

Loved stealing back Hasiak from m2ool's skewl of choice.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Our class was ranked 24 by ESPN, 25 by scout, and 29 by rivals, which are our best rankings. Giddens is a huge get and we took Barrington and Webster away from Miami at the last minute. Filled needs on both sides of the line, got some DB's that were sorely needed, and some speed on offense that we haven't had for a couple of seasons.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The Seer wrote:Moderately satisfied with the catches...

With Pressley, Carroll and Filo you guys had a nice day of stealing USC recruits, you bastard.

Then again the biggest and most important theft will always be Norm Chow up in your booth.

Man, if USC still had Norm Chow up in the booth and Ed Orgeron coaching the D line and recruiting. Damn. Losing Chow was the single biggest hit USC has taken in recent years. Seeing him come back to college and landing at UCLA, that's just the worst.

Btw, where was Cal all day? Did they land any big names??

Looks like Oregon didn't do much either, especially with their biggest guy being a JC recruit, only to see it fall apart for the time being...

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Texas didn't land the 2 they targeted from OOS. Let's see....we had 19 commitments by May of '08. We added Tevin Mims in January. We ended up 2nd to USC twice, Arkansas and Alabama once. Mack had his class in place with 9 months to go. We lost none of the original commitments. Junior day is SUnday and there are 18 targets coming to Austin.....all of which are going to get an offer. I give him credit for being a great in-state recruiter. We do not do much when it comes to OOS.

I saw Dre and I wanted to barf. "Swagger"? I loved how he side stepped that when the ESPN douche asked him if Texas lacked swagger and he mumbled something like:

"No man, I loves Coach Brown and Muschamps and Akina...I loves Texas but I feels likes I needs to stay home. They showed me love but I's going to T town and stays in my home state where my peeps can understands my speech."

Good luck. Every time you see one of these fools on TV, they end up shitting the bed. I hope we play them in a bowl and he can learn about swagger.....you know 'Dre....what Florida and Utah had when they mud-holed the tide to end the season.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Harvdog, yep, you and I definitely watched the same Dre signing ceremony embarrassment. I sure hope Texas gets the opportunity to play Bama, and if and when they do I hope they absolutely steamroll that ghetto fabulous clown.

Hell, I'd like to see whathisface, Colt's roommate, the guy who was just granted his 32nd year of eligibility at Texas, I'd like to see that guy "swagger" right on past Dre four or five times on his way to the endzone.

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

UH lost Willie Jefferson as a big target receiver. He decomitted and went to Baylor. The Coogs did land a couple of top 4 star o-lineman Roy Watts and Jarve Dean. They also reloaded with a couple of JUCO transfers on the o-line. Very nice.

Sumlin did manage to get a couple of 3 star DBs, one who is a trailblazer in Devin Mays.

AJ Dugat and Tyler Chambers help out the undermanned and undersized WR core.

Overall, this class was much better than the '08 class as Briles took the Baylor job and his top recruits with him.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Van wrote:

With Pressley, Carroll and Filo you guys had a nice day of stealing USC recruits, you bastard.

Then again the biggest and most important theft will always be Norm Chow up in your booth.

Man, if USC still had Norm Chow up in the booth and Ed Orgeron coaching the D line and recruiting. Damn. Losing Chow was the single biggest hit USC has taken in recent years. Seeing him come back to college and landing at UCLA, that's just the worst.

Looks like Oregon didn't do much either, especially with their biggest guy being a JC recruit, only to see it fall apart for the time being...

I'm sure Chow will enjoy his work better with some talent. That 4th string "QB" , Kraft made the football nauseaus...Brehaut is supposed to be real.

This class will help remove the Lavin / err, Dorrell stench from the program.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Van wrote:

Cal did fine.

Snagged the #1 high school center in the country.

Snagged the freak and OU's #1 db recruit.... from Oklahoma.

Snagged the qb that SMASHED... all of Marc Sanchez's records at M.V. and blew away the #1 recruit in the nation stat wise this year.

Snagged the #1 player in Utah.... who will make Quiz Rodgers look like an after thought in the PAC 10.

Pssst.... Vannie

Furd landing 4 highly rated TE's doesn't make it a great class.

Cal always recruits for need.... and finds the diamonds in the rough.

Alex Mack was a 1 star recruit.... and ended up the TOP center in the Nation.

Cal also snagged Markish Jones.... who had offers from Fla. State, Clemson, LSU, Tennessee, etc., outta high school and went the JC route due to SAT scores.

He has a 3.4 gpa in his time spent at a JC... and is flat out one of the fastest wide receivers in the country at 10.2 in the 100 meters... and is 6'3" 210 pounds.

Cal went hard on the defensive end and came up gold.

Cal returns 18 outta 22 starters... gets Tepper back for a 6th year.... and will make $C it's bitch this year in Strawberry Canyon.
Last edited by Blueblood on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SoCalTrjn wrote:They lost the #1 TE, they lost most of the WR's... Barkley cant throw the ball to himself. This class is dropping like a rock on Scout and Rivals, they need Jarvis jones to save the defensive side of the class and orson Charles to help the Offense. Right now the best defensive recruit USC has was injured almost all of last season.
USC could go two years without signing a single player and still have more 5-star studs on their team than 99.9% of the rest of the schools out there. There is so much talent at SC who cares what happened in one class. I can think of about 110 D1-A schools that would sacrifice a Virgin to have your class.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Van wrote:Harvdog, yep, you and I definitely watched the same Dre signing ceremony embarrassment. I sure hope Texas gets the opportunity to play Bama, and if and when they do I hope they absolutely steamroll that ghetto fabulous clown.

Hell, I'd like to see whathisface, Colt's roommate, the guy who was just granted his 32nd year of eligibility at Texas, I'd like to see that guy "swagger" right on past Dre four or five times on his way to the endzone.
Listening to Dre and his high school teammate announce their decisions was really painful, not because they didn't choose Texas but neither of them could talk. I swear, they made Jamal Charles look like Obama. That is pretty scary since Charles can't talk either.

ON the flip side, the olinemen from Utah that chose UCLA was a pleasure to listen to, he was very articulate and looked comfortable up there.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

me wrote:furthermore, you actually watched this clown.
Van wrote:Hardly. I had Jsc's internet link on.
hmm.
Van wrote:yep, you and I definitely watched the same Dre signing ceremony embarrassment.
hmm.
Another swing and a miss. You're really struggling here to differentiate between merely following a story vs making a slobbering fool of yourself over a pseudo celebrity, which is what ESPN and American culture seem to specialize in lately.

See, there's listening to an SRV cd and talking with your buddies about it. Then there's clamoring to get tickets to "American Idol," in the hopes that you can bawl your eyes out on national tv over some useless clown you've never even seen before.

There's talking with you and Mgo about CF...and there's the new religious cult sweeping the south, the one which sees an entire region placing a twenty year old kid who wears #15 up on a pedstal: their new almighty deity.
like i said, your measured response doesn't differentiate you in any way from all the others consuming this particular product. you add just as much to the bottom line as these slobbering fools you're caricaturing. these kids are pseudo-celebrities because corporations give the networks billions because people like you are watching their signing-day program.
Last edited by M Club on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Losing Burfict and missing Te'o makes gettign Jarvis Jones paramount to saving USCs class
Most would kill for USC's "unsaved" class.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Van wrote:Harvdog, yep, you and I definitely watched the same Dre signing ceremony embarrassment. I sure hope Texas gets the opportunity to play Bama, and if and when they do I hope they absolutely steamroll that ghetto fabulous clown.

Listening to Dre and his high school teammate announce their decisions was really painful, not because they didn't choose Texas but neither of them could talk. I swear, they made Jamal Charles look like Obama. That is pretty scary since Charles can't talk either.

ON the flip side, the olinemen from Utah that chose UCLA was a pleasure to listen to, he was very articulate and looked comfortable up there.
It was funny watching the video of Su'a-Filo's announcement and seeing him stand up and give that victory V. Thats USC kid, you know, the school you chose to lose to for 4 straight years (well, maybe 4 times in 6 years as you take a break to sell your faith door to door).
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Whistling past the graveyard....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Cal landed Gabe Lynn?

Shit, someone better track down the LOI he sent in to OU to check the signature.

Harv, are you saying that Texas wasn't recruiting Jamarkus McFarland?
We did recruit him. He chose a different route. Good luck to him.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Let the little shitstain, Dre, have his day in the sun. The "NFL or prison" ebonics-speaking jackass will be run into the mud by Saban and crew once he steps foot on campus. Of course, he'll have this fine slate of classes to rest in for his stupid ass:

TIME101: How to read a clock
ROLL110: How to make and smoke a fatty
MALT040: History of Schlitz
RAPE210: Roofies...how to acquire and utilize
ENGL001: English For Dummies
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Blueblood wrote:
Snagged the freak and OU's #1 db recruit.... from Oklahoma.
he's from Dallas, but as Froz pointed out....Gabe Lynn is from Oklahoma.

Markish Jones went JUCO, huh? he'll never get into Cal..... :meds:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

You $UCSTERS are so fucking arrogant it's pathetic. So the kid chooses a school other than Condom U, and now it's he didn't want to compete...he can play for us for 4 years or lose to us for 4 years. I wonder if you say that when a kid signs with Oregon State....oh wait they beat you again, or oregon....didn't they beat you in 07? or Stanford....Oh wait they beat you in 07 also....or UCLA.....oh wait, they beat you in 06......I guess some of these kids like going to schools where they get to kick the shit out of the top dog who also happens to be an arrogant fuckstain.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Laxplayer wrote:You $UCSTERS are so fucking arrogant it's pathetic. So the kid chooses a school other than Condom U, and now it's he didn't want to compete...he can play for us for 4 years or lose to us for 4 years. I wonder if you say that when a kid signs with Oregon State....oh wait they beat you again, or oregon....didn't they beat you in 07? or Stanford....Oh wait they beat you in 07 also....or UCLA.....oh wait, they beat you in 06......I guess some of these kids like going to schools where they get to kick the shit out of the top dog who also happens to be an arrogant fuckstain.
Yeah, some of those schools will beat USC every now and then but Notre Dame will still get the fuck kicked out of them by the Trojans every year, the last 7 years USC has beaten the Molestees by a combined 190 points, if Neuter Lame keeps it within 4 TDs is a moral victory and they give that fat fucking pile of shit coach a contract extrension
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Danimal wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Losing Burfict and missing Te'o makes gettign Jarvis Jones paramount to saving USCs class
Most would kill for USC's "unsaved" class.
the Trojans managed to bring Jones in to the mix
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:Maybe we can avoid fuckin' Utah in a bowl this time. :doh:
If I recall correctly, Utah did all the fuckin' in that game...primarily the buttfuckin' in da mouf kinda fuckin'. :evil: