It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Giuliani is a fucking cunt!!!

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/30/ ... index.html

So it's ok to fuck everyone else over as long as NYC is good?

Go fuck yourself
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Re: Giuliani is a fucking cunt!!!

Post by .m2 »

88 wrote: Who gives a rat fuck whether the banks give their executives bonuses?

I do.

They work for me.

...and if they don't make me money... they shouldn't profit.

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

88 wrote:Where does Obama get off telling businesses what they can pay their employees? Isn't this the same ass-clown who spent more than a billion dollars to land a job that pays him an annual salary of $400,000? And isn't this the same person who just spent more than $170,000,000 to celebrate the fact that he got that $400,000 job? He needs to shut the fuck up.

The day the federal government starts dictating the maximum amount of money businesses can pay their employees is the day we officially live in a dictatorship. It is none of the government's business what businesses pay their employees.

The pitting of one group of people against another group based on income or wealth has got to stop. Who gives a rat fuck whether the banks give their executives bonuses? The government should only be pissed at itself for what has happened and will continue to happen. The government should not be handing out taxpayer money to failed businesses to prop them up in the first place. The government should let bad businesses fail. Other businesses, unless constrained by the government, will swoop in and capitalize on the new opportunity and succeed. That is how it works. Capitalism is a dog eat dog proposition, dog.
RACK that Blast....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHLFOdTFffw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHLFOdTFffw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GkC0IHCtdc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GkC0IHCtdc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

88 wrote:Where does Obama get off telling businesses what they can pay their employees?
He didn't.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:
88 wrote:Where does Obama get off telling businesses what they can pay their employees?
He didn't.
He hasn't come out and said in particular what they need to be paid. He did express outrage at the fact that they are paying bonuses while simultaneously taking handout.

The problem is not with the bonuses, as 88 has already pointed out. The problem is that they are paying them with money that is not theirs. The blame lays with who handed out that money, congress, the shrub and now the new shrub, who has doubled down on this debacle.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I just say kill all the lawyers.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I just say kill all the lawyers.
That's a little harsh. I'd say kill about 3/4 of them.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:The day the federal government starts dictating the maximum amount of money businesses can pay their employees is the day we officially live in a dictatorship. It is none of the government's business what businesses pay their employees.
Do you have to practice to sound so dumb or does it come naturally?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:
88 wrote:The day the federal government starts dictating the maximum amount of money businesses can pay their employees is the day we officially live in a dictatorship. It is none of the government's business what businesses pay their employees.
Is he right or wrong?
Should gubmint dictate salaries? And how should they come up with figures?

I guess we can just use the McGaskill model and just decide that 400K is a good number, since that's what the pres makes. If so, I think I should get 400K too.

Why not?

How 'bout pro athletes? They are subsidized for the most part since most play in publicly funded buildings. Somebody tell Arod that mext year, he's getting 400k, cause that's what barry makes. That'll go over well.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:
Is he right or wrong?
Should gubmint dictate salaries? And how should they come up with figures?
If the government owns the bank, or a large piece of it, then yes they should be able to set the salaries.

Also, if a bank or other wall street firm gets a big chunk of bailout money and they use it for purposes that were not intended by the deal then the President has every right in the world, and as far as I'm concerned the responsibility, to bitch about it.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

What if these companies are contracted to pay these people more money?

What if the folks running these companies leave in droves because they can do better elsewhere.

Believe it or not, mikey, some of these folks are pretty talented and their leaving could cause things to get even more fukked up.

All of these problems have a single solution. Gubmint get the fukk out of the way. The shitty ones will go down the drain, others will take their place. This beats some loudmouthed bitch from misery, of all places, who is in her job because her fukking old man croaked, deciding salary levels.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

88 wrote: Isn't this the same ass-clown who spent more than a billion dollars to land a job that pays him an annual salary of $400,000?
+/- a couple hundred million or so
And isn't this the same person who just spent more than $170,000,000 to celebrate the fact that he got that $400,000 job? He needs to shut the fuck up.
I could be wrong, but I think the taxpayers spent the $170 million. But whoever spent it, it sure as fuck wasn't The Annointed One.
The day the federal government starts dictating the maximum amount of money businesses can pay their employees is the day we officially live in a dictatorship.
We're not quite there yet. While it might not look so good paying bonuses with taxpayer money, how is it really any different than the "stimulus" they're talking about? And speaking of paying bonuses with taxpayer's money, did any government employees get bonuses? Whose money paid them? Onogga just might want to STFU about bomuses
It is none of the government's business what businesses pay their employees.
Oh, but it's been the IRS's business for a long time now.
The government should only be pissed at itself for what has happened and will continue to happen.
Being in government means never having to say you fucked up
The government should not be handing out taxpayer money to failed businesses to prop them up in the first place. The government should let bad businesses fail.
But what if they're campaign contributors? Or potential contributors? Or could be threatened into becoming contributors? No, no, no- can't let THAT happen!
Other businesses, unless constrained by the government, will swoop in and capitalize on the new opportunity and succeed. That is how it works. Capitalism is a dog eat dog proposition, dog.
Yeah, but you just can't take the chance that these businesses will get the idea that they can succeed without paying somebody off. That just wouldn't be right. And it sure as fuck wouldn't be any fun for the politicians now, would it?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

smackaholic wrote:What if these companies are contracted to pay these people more money?

What if the folks running these companies leave in droves because they can do better elsewhere.

Believe it or not, mikey, some of these folks are pretty talented and their leaving could cause things to get even more fukked up.

All of these problems have a single solution. Gubmint get the fukk out of the way. The shitty ones will go down the drain, others will take their place. This beats some loudmouthed bitch from misery, of all places, who is in her job because her fukking old man croaked, deciding salary levels.

These are the same fucking assholes that put us in this mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So we should reward them with our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$???????????????????????????
I din't think so
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Giuliani wrote: "If you somehow take that bonus out of the economy, it really will create unemployment," he said
so if the money isn't employed as a bonus, it's no longer in the economy?

bizzare.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Cosmo Kramer wrote:
smackaholic wrote:What if these companies are contracted to pay these people more money?

These are the same fucking assholes that put us in this mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So we should reward them with our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$???????????????????????????
I din't think so
what put us into this mess, is a meddlesome federal gubmint that said "go ahead and write that shit mortgage, we'll back it."
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Just shut the fuck up already.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:
88 wrote:It is none of the government's business what businesses pay their employees.
It sure as fuck is when those employees are getting paid with tax dollars.
Dear Racist Fuckstain (mvsKKKal not 88),

Next time I ask you if you have EVER gotten anything right please cite this thread.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

mvscal wrote:
88 wrote:It is none of the government's business what businesses pay their employees.
Remember what they say about mvscal and I actually agreeing on something?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Remember what they say about mvscal and I actually agreeing on something?
I was going to say that but I could not pass up the chance to point out that mvsKKKal is a Racist POS.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I thought we were talking about "bonuses" here.

I got a pretty deece bonus this year, but then my company had records for both revenue and profits. If the company was hemorrhaging money hand over fist like these guys are I sure wouldn't expect a bonus. If it's really a bonus then they shouldn't expect it either. Fuck 'em. If they can't get by on their "salary" then they need to find a better job (...right... :meds: ) or maybe live a little cheaper.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

^^^^^^^
gets it !
Those shitheads in Congress that got us into this mess should be sent packing in 2010. Unfortunately--they stupid voters in their districts will continue to vote for them. We are truly screwed. Preserve what you can of you assets and ride the storm out !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

smackaholic wrote: what put us into this mess, is a meddlesome federal gubmint that said "go ahead and write that shit mortgage, we'll back it."
No, that's not right.

What put us in this shit mess is oversite was removed from the Mortgage Banking industry and they then started giving Credit Default Swaps (beacuse they were not regulated) as insurance on sub-prime loans which were then repackeged and resold multiple times over with leverage.

When the loans started getting called in, there was no collateral to actually fund the credit default swap (again beacuse they were not regulated) and the entire house of cards fell in.

What extended this mess was Govt giving 700M to the banks with no stipulations on how it was to be used
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Are you asying that these banks didn't figure into the equation the fact that fannie mac and freddie mae or whatever the fukk they are, are there to buy up shit paper? I think they did figure it in. and in the end, they were right.

I am not saying there shouldn't be oversite. There should. And more importantly, there needs to be teef in that oversite, so that when somebody writes really bad loans, he will be held accountable. Fukkers that do this need to be fined so that they wll be left penniless. This is more important than bullshit 18 month sebaticals at some fed country club "prison".
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Wolfman wrote: --they stupid voters in their districts will continue to vote for them...Preserve what you can of you assets ...
The irony here is just too awesome to pass up.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Mikey wrote:
Wolfman wrote: --they stupid voters in their districts will continue to vote for them...Preserve what you can of you assets ...
The irony here is just too awesome to pass up.
Indeed.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:No, that's not right.

What put us in this shit mess is oversite was removed from the Mortgage Banking industry and they then started giving Credit Default Swaps (beacuse they were not regulated) as insurance on sub-prime loans which were then repackeged and resold multiple times over with leverage.
Damn, it's only been a few months, and the revisionist historians are already out in full force.

Maybe it had something to do with anti-caucasian racism, and the government IMPLIMENTING heavy regulation, in the form of "give the darkies a loan, or else."

I have to laugh at the "not enough regulation" crowd. It was ridiculous levels of regulation that caused the collapse... not the other way around.

Voters sit idly by, basking in the warm glow of complete ignorance, while the government gets its dirty hands in everything and enforces selective regulation. The free market does a wonderful job of punishing those who engage in less-than-sound business practices... selective regulation undermines the free market's ability to regulate things naturally.

Get the fucking government out of the finance industry already.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

Birdy wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Damn, it's only been a few months, and the revisionist historians are already out in full force.

Maybe it had something to do with anti-caucasian racism, and the government IMPLIMENTING heavy regulation, in the form of "give the darkies a loan, or else."

I have to laugh at the "not enough regulation" crowd. It was ridiculous levels of regulation that caused the collapse... not the other way around.

Voters sit idly by, basking in the warm glow of complete ignorance, while the government gets its dirty hands in everything and enforces selective regulation. The free market does a wonderful job of punishing those who engage in less-than-sound business practices... selective regulation undermines the free market's ability to regulate things naturally.

Get the fucking government out of the finance industry already.
You are quite possibly one of the dumbest fucking idiots I've ever read. The lenders were greedy for making commissions and sales numbers and didn't give a fuck who they approved, because they could approve anyone and everyone with little recourse against themselves and only rewards for signing the loan.

How you possibly concieved of your dumbfucking idea is beyond me. Well maybe not considering you also don't understand the pancake on head joke went out in 1998.
You have got to be the greatest poster I've ever seen.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Dinsdale wrote:

Don't know if you're unintentionally trying to make a point........ but props you did.

So to go even further back as to "What Caused this mess" - we coul look at one of the previous administrations goals of making as many citizens as possible "property owners" and to help facilitate this the Fed lowered interest rates to obscene low amounts and the Mortgage industry came up with all kinds of ways people with 600 credit scores could buy houses they couldn't afford and oftentimes with little or no verifiable income.

What we don't realize is the first batch of forecloseures were all just Subprime loans that went bad. The next wave which will probably take a few more major institutions down with it are the ARMs that are all resetting. At least according to the smart dude I saw on 60 minutes:

http://www.tv.com/video/81wl9QdzPsczkXW ... ttom?o=cbs
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:
Don't know if you're unintentionally trying to make a point........ but props you did.

Yeah, my point was that Big Brother started telling financial institutions who they were going to lend money to, not based upon their ability to pay back the loan, but instead based upon the color of their skin.

The government went wayyyyy over the limits of sanity by regulating the standards by which the lenders could issue loans.

"Lack of regulation" my ass. It was disgusting amounts of "regulation" that led the fed to bring down the financial institutions, not a "lack" of it... but the panic to let Big Brother take over peoples' lives dictates that we overlook the facts that are staring us right in the face, and has us rewriting history, even though said "history" was very recent.

The federal government got (more deeply) involved... shit went bad... :bigshocker:

When the government starts dictating the terms people must do business by, rather than letting the company's self-interest dictate their policies, a horrible end result is inevitable.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Birdy wrote:The lenders were greedy for making commissions and sales numbers and didn't give a fuck who they approved, because they could approve anyone and everyone with little recourse against themselves and only rewards for signing the loan.
While not entirely true, that's a pretty fair synopsis. What you left out is that many of the shady sub-prime mortgage brokerages "flipped" the loan in less than 6 months to mega lenders like Countrywide, thus washing their hands of the deal while pocketing a substantial fee in the process.

Let's also not forget the appraisal side of this monumental scam job. During the height of the sub-prime feeding frenzy, appraisers were routinely over valuing homes based on what similar over valued homes in the area were selling for. In many cases, they barely inspected the property and just rubber stamped it. That, and the pressure brought to bear at the time to get loans approved regardless, has gotten us where we are.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

smackaholic wrote:
Cosmo Kramer wrote:

I din't think so
what put us into this mess, is a meddlesome federal gubmint that said "go ahead and write that shit mortgage, we'll back it."
"And they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for them meddling kids!" Seriously, what you just typed sounds like a fuckin Scooby Doo episode.

So the shit mortgage was a direct result of government backing? What do you want? More regulation...is that it? That is the lamest, bullshit excuse I have heard yet for shit decisions. The government enabled me to be a fucking moron?

Next time you get a speeding ticket, go to court and blame the automakers for designing cars that enabled you to break the speed limit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Credit may have grown scarce, but insights on the problem were many and varied Tuesday as UT Dallas economists addressed the nation’s financial crisis.

The forum was hosted by the Economics Program in the School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences.

“I think there is investment capital out there. The money didn’t just go away,” said Dr. Ted Day, professor of finance and managerial economics.

After brief remarks from each scholar, Economics Program Head Dr. Jim Murdoch moderated a question-and-answer session with queries from the standing-room-only audience.

Day saw little chance that the credit crunch would touch off an economic event as catastrophic as the Great Depression. “I actually think the possibility of a meltdown is small,” he said.

If a calamity is in the offing, the nation has a well-versed expert at the economy’s controls, Dr. Stan Liebowitz said. The economics professor noted that Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has thoroughly researched the Depression.

Liebowitz pegged the problem on federal policies that he said sought to make more Americans homeowners at the expense of safe lending practices.

“The government is highly responsible,” Liebowitz said.
Bear in mind, these dudes called their shot 10 years ago.

A great article, with outstanding hindsight -- http://www.takimag.com/site/article/the ... e_housing/

In summary, it says that you "more regulation" tards should shut the fuck up and get out of my country, and move to a dictatorship, since it will suit you better.

The fed regulated our ass right into disaster. You people continue to elect politicians with huge vested interests in certain businesses, and are willing to completely overlook their corruption, and you to reelect them. It's your fucking ballot that you're committing financial suicide with... don't blame others, blame yourselves.

Real conservatism certainly would have avoided this mess.

Kind of reminds me of a song:

There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light.
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made.
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade.

There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream "Oppression!"
And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights.
"The oaks are just too greedy;
We will make them give us light."
Now there's no more oak oppression,
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

What kind of acid trip do you suppose Peart was on when he wrote that song?
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RumpleForeskin wrote:What kind of acid trip do you suppose Peart was on when he wrote that song?

Whatever it was, it made him both a psychic, and an excellent student of history.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There is one part of this equation I don't get.

Evil brokers arranged these loans, but, if I am not mistaken, they didn't just pull their money out of their ass. They found somebody, somewhere to take on the debt. These loaners made these dumbass loans because they knew they could flip them. Flipping them requires some other chump to take them on.

Who was this chump and why would he do so?

My guess is, this chump was uncle sugar, though vehicles like freddie mac and fannie mae.

Also to blame is the fed who decided it was a swell idea to start loaning out money at a rate barely high enough to cover inflation. This free interest loan shit helped run prices up to a point they had absolutely no business at.

Seems to me that econ 101 teaches you that if you loan out money essentially for free, you are gonna be broke pretty soon as their is always a few bsmacks in the bunch that will decide that paying it back isn't in their best interest.

Can somebody 'splain to me where I got it wrong here?

What would happen if the gubmint decided tomorrow that market forces and market forces alone would decide how much one dude can get for loaning money to another dude. And part of this equation would be the knowledge that if the loaner got bsmacked, it would suck for him or whoever insured the loan through pmi.

Seems like really simple shit, actually. Seems like the gubmint's involvement, other than in setting basic rules, is only gonna lead to trouble as the gubmint, as reggie would say, is gifted in the art of fukking up everything they touch.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

smackaholic wrote:There is one part of this equation I don't get.

Evil brokers arranged these loans, but, if I am not mistaken, they didn't just pull their money out of their ass. They found somebody, somewhere to take on the debt. These loaners made these dumbass loans because they knew they could flip them. Flipping them requires some other chump to take them on.

My guess is, this chump was uncle sugar, though vehicles like freddie mac and fannie mae.

Also to blame is the fed who decided it was a swell idea to start loaning out money at a rate barely high enough to cover inflation. This free interest loan shit helped run prices up to a point they had absolutely no business at.

Seems to me that econ 101 teaches you that if you loan out money essentially for free, you are gonna be broke pretty soon as their is always a few bsmacks in the bunch that will decide that paying it back isn't in their best interest.

What would happen if the gubmint decided tomorrow that market forces and market forces alone would decide how much one dude can get for loaning money to another dude. And part of this equation would be the knowledge that if the loaner got bsmacked, it would suck for him or whoever insured the loan through pmi.

Seems like really simple shit, actually. Seems like the gubmint's involvement, other than in setting basic rules, is only gonna lead to trouble as the gubmint, as reggie would say, is gifted in the art of fukking up everything they touch.
They did a great job in keeping their hands on Madoff, didn't they? Shut the fuck up!
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

mvscal wrote:
H4ever wrote:The government enabled me to be a fucking moron?
That's it exactly. The government encouraged and, in many instances, mandated irresponsible lending practices and then acted all shocked and surprised when the whole shitty house of cards came tumbling down.

Nor did they stop there. The same crew of shiteating fucktards in Congress who set this mess up in the first place are now trying to encourage more of the same. Barney Frank, faggot pimp from Assachewshitts, is now clamoring for banks to lend more money once again irrespective of the borrowers ability to pay it back.

Is he stupid or is he a criminal?

Point taken and Barney sucks fat Frank(s) is about as un-American as they come and is definately a criminal by 1) being a faggot 2) promoting a bankrupt this country's til and morals agenda
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

GOSD wrote:

They did a great job in keeping their hands on Madoff, didn't they? Shut the fuck up!
Well he's jewish. Ofcourse they laid off him.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

They chopped up the loans into smaller tradable products called "Derivitives" that were "sold" as a stable, high return investment - the idiots that bought these were everything from teachers Trust Funds to the State of California. Going back to my earlier post of Credit default swaps - this was the non-exisitent insurance the investors thought they wer getting
Sort of..... http://www.mtgprofessor.com/A%20-%20Sec ... die_do.htm
Yep
They have Usary laws that cap just how much interest you can charge for one thing, and the other is business would grind to a standstill.
Money flow is the key to prosperity - but there has to be a balance between saving it and spending it
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You are right.

There does need to be a balance.

It called the fukking MARKET. Not enough money being loaned? The price of loaning goes up. Folks with money to loan take advantage and loan it. Too much? The price goes down.

It's really not that difficult a concept.

Beats the hell out of some appointed fukk somewhere pulling a figure out of his ass.