Heisman trophy winner

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Heisman trophy winner

Post by War Wagon »

Most likely, I think it'll go to Bradford. I have the feeling that voters will be loathe to give it to the same guy two years in a row.

Bradfords certainly deserving, don't get me wrong... but if I'm an NFL GM, I'm salivating over Tebow. This guy has more heart and desire than I've ever seen, and a pedigree to match.

To put it another way, I'll be shocked if he's not the top pick in the draft. Bradford would be lucky to go in the 1st round.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Heisman trophy winner

Post by Shoalzie »

Tebow needs to improve his passing skills and he's going to beaten up in the NFL if he runs as much as he did in college. You don't really see a great running QB in the league right now...just guys that are good at eluding a pass rush and keeping a play alive. He's got the intangibles to be a leader of a team but not every star QB in college can always make the jump to the pros. I don't see a sure a can't miss QB prospect coming out this year but that doesn't mean that you can't find a decent prospect after the early rounds.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

For what it's worth...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Looks like Bradford may go in the top 5.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

War Stoops wrote:For what it's worth...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Looks like Bradford may go in the top 5.

I hope my wasteland of a football team goes the sure thing, Antonio Smith, with the #1 pick. Then they go with a defensive player with that second first round pick they got from Dallas...Maualuga, Orakpo or Cody...maybe Laurinaitis if the Cowboys make the playoffs and the pick ends up in the 20s.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Pardon moi, but that's total horseshit.

Bradford the #2 pick? :lol:
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That is a pretty high grade but that doesn't mean he'll be the #2 pick. (Hopefully) the Lions don't go with a QB with the first pick and the Bengals don't need a QB with Palmer. The Chiefs might ride it out with Thigpen but I bet Seattle or St. Louis may give him a look since they don't really have QBs of the future. He'll go top 5 if he comes out.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

According to the all knowing Mr Mel Kiper :meds: Orakpo is #1 on his leader board. And as we all know Kiper is pure :bode:

BTW there is lots of stuff out there pointing to Colt taking home the stiff arm trophy
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:According to the all knowing Mr Mel Kiper :meds: Orakpo is #1 on his leader board. And as we all know Kiper is pure :bode:

BTW there is lots of stuff out there pointing to Colt taking home the stiff arm trophy
I agree the west coast voters are more inclined to go with Colt from what I have read... He is deserving and Bradford is coming back next year so he has another shot at it.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Right now today my guess would be McCoy.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

does anyone really care?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

M Club wrote:does anyone really care?
Not really...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Bradford is coming back next year
You sure about that?

If he were indeed to be a high first round draft pick, I'd expect him to come out. I don't know all the details, but my understanding is that after this year the signing bonus structure is going to change, drastically reducing those huge numbers top picks can take to the bank.

I think we'll see many underclassmen come out, including Maclin, for this reason alone.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Jsc810 wrote:That QB from the SEC will win it again. :)
Guess it helps when he has his own vote.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Most likely, I think it'll go to Bradford. I have the feeling that voters will be loathe to give it to the same guy two years in a row.

Bradfords certainly deserving, don't get me wrong... but if I'm an NFL GM, I'm salivating over Tebow. This guy has more heart and desire than I've ever seen, and a pedigree to match.

To put it another way, I'll be shocked if he's not the top pick in the draft. Bradford would be lucky to go in the 1st round.
Where to begin? First of all, as others have pointed out, McCoy is the frontrunner for the Heisman and has been for weeks. The head-to-head with Bradford doesn’t hurt.

Secondly, Bradford fits the prototype for an NFL quarterback. 6’4’, 215 lbs., accurate as hell. Top 5 sounds about right.

Thirdly, Tim Tebow won’t even play QB in the NFL. He’ll get picked up late first round/early second round as an H-back. #1 pick? Bwahaha.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

i dont think Maualuga makes it past the natti.. (prays!)
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

War Wagon wrote:
You sure about that?

If he were indeed to be a high first round draft pick, I'd expect him to come out. I don't know all the details, but my understanding is that after this year the signing bonus structure is going to change, drastically reducing those huge numbers top picks can take to the bank.

I think we'll see many underclassmen come out, including Maclin, for this reason alone.
You're right about the money going down. It's going to be part of the new collective bargaining agreement.

Bradford isn't playing for the money. I like that about him. His family is loaded. The Bradford's by no means need Sam to get out and earn a living to support himself or the entire family like a lot of kids

But yeah it's about a 90% chance he returns; he's all but said as much. Kid really was Sooner born and Sooner bred. His father played for Switzer. When he was being recruited we lost out on two kids at QB (one was Farmer at KState and don't recall the other to be honest) before he was offered late and he committed the very next day to OU. He's said over and over again that he played football to become a Sooner.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:To put it another way, I'll be shocked if he's not the top pick in the draft. Bradford would be lucky to go in the 1st round.
Where the hell are you getting this nonsense from?
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
You sure about that?

You're right about the money going down. It's going to be part of the new collective bargaining agreement.

Bradford isn't playing for the money. I like that about him. His family is loaded. The Bradford's by no means need Sam to get out and earn a living to support himself or the entire family like a lot of kids

But yeah it's about a 90% chance he returns; he's all but said as much. Kid really was Sooner born and Sooner bred. His father played for Switzer. When he was being recruited we lost out on two kids at QB (one was Farmer at KState and don't recall the other to be honest) before he was offered late and he committed the very next day to OU. He's said over and over again that he played football to become a Sooner.
I never heard that story about Bradford and his dad, good stuff, it makes college football so special.

I personally don't think him coming back is in his best interest. If he wins it all, he should leave while he is on top. Next year you will be breaking in a new oline and I believe the only receiver you will be bringing back is Broyles. Gresham is a sure fire 1st round pick. OU will be competitive but no where near as good as this year and that is going to tarnish his rep a bit.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

War Wagon wrote:Most likely, I think it'll go to Bradford. I have the feeling that voters will be loathe to give it to the same guy two years in a row.

Then you're the only one salivating over him. Sloooooow release, and not terribly accurate. Also, does he have "Mobile QB Syndrome?" (ie - will he ever REALLY bother learning the offense, since, as soon as it breaks down he's going to tuck-and-run anyway...?)

Everything that I'm hearing pre-draft wise is saying he's a second day pick and that teams may/will ask him to change positions...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
War Wagon wrote:To put it another way, I'll be shocked if he's not the top pick in the draft. Bradford would be lucky to go in the 1st round.
I dunno', I just made it up based on my own observations. I could be very wrong, not like that hasn't happened before.

I'm just very impressed with the guy and would love to have him on my team, in any capacity.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

War Wagon wrote:I could be very wrong, not like that hasn't happened before.
You've been wrong approximately 9,672 times on this 'board already. Not that we're counting.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:I dunno', I just made it up based on my own observations. I could be very wrong, not like that hasn't happened before.

I'm just very impressed with the guy and would love to have him on my team, in any capacity.
Competitive is one thing, but you still need the skill set to be an NFL qb. And Tebow's little popgun arm ain't gonna cut it. Nobody, apparently other than you, will be "shocked" to see Tebow fall down the board.

In any event, I seriously doubt his "heart and desire" greatly outweighs everybody else. It's just easy to buy since ESPN is cramming it down our throats something fierce.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i demonstrated heart and desire in high school football. of course, i was on roids.

jesus, i can't evaluate talent for shit, but it's pretty easy to tell tebow isn't going to be touching any lineman's arse in the nfl. what was the stat they showed during the game last week, that tebow was 0-5 when trailing at the half? that should tell you everything you need to know about his ability to sit back and pick a secondary apart.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
I dunno', I just made it up based on my own observations. I could be very wrong, not like that hasn't happened before.

And I hope he winds up on your team, with their very first pick, and starts at QB for the next 15 years. That giant sucking sound you hear is the Kansas City Chefs.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

One other thing. I about puked watching the Big 12 championship game when Brent Mushberger tried repeatedly to hang the nickname "Slingin' Sam" on Bradford.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:One other thing. I about puked watching the Big 12 championship game when Brent Mushberger tried repeatedly to hang the nickname "Slingin' Sam" on Bradford.
Now you know how the board feels when we try to digest your shit takes.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:One other thing. I about puked watching the Big 12 championship game when Brent Mushberger tried repeatedly to hang the nickname "Slingin' Sam" on Bradford.
Now you know how the board feels when we try to digest your shit takes.
You speak for the board now, Screwball? :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, do you have an opinion on the topic?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Goober McTuber wrote:One other thing. I about puked watching the Big 12 championship game when Brent Mushberger commented "look at those rear ends" talking about OU's OL...and the creepy, dreamy look that washed over the old fruit when he was talking about rodeo clowns (wtf? i know the game is out of hand and you and Kirk need filler....but, rodeo clowns?)
FTFY :mrgreen:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yes. A Canadian newspaper reporter said Graham Harrel should win the Heisman based on his performance against Texas.

Like that, dingleberry?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Yes. A Canadian newspaper reporter said Graham Harrel should win the Heisman based on his performance against Texas.
Now you’re getting your opinions from a Canuckian newspaper writer? Kill yourself, already.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

What makes Graham's performance against Texas so good? Our defensive backfield is full of freshmen and sophs so it's not like he was beating Quintin Jammer, Nate Vasher, Michael Huff, and Mike Griffin. In fact I will go so far as to say his performance was pretty sub-par compared to Bradford.

The real difference for Tech was Michael Crabtree if you want to base anyone's Heisman performance off how they played Texas I would look at MC, he tore us a new one.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

King Crimson wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:One other thing. I about puked watching the Big 12 championship game when Brent Mushberger commented "look at those rear ends" talking about OU's OL...and the creepy, dreamy look that washed over the old fruit when he was talking about rodeo clowns (wtf? i know the game is out of hand and you and Kirk need filler....but, rodeo clowns?)
FTFY :mrgreen:

Screw you, party clown!
"Keys, woman!"
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Vito Corleone wrote:What makes Graham's performance against Texas so good? Our defensive backfield is full of freshmen and sophs so it's not like he was beating Quintin Jammer, Nate Vasher, Michael Huff, and Mike Griffin. In fact I will go so far as to say his performance was pretty sub-par compared to Bradford.

The real difference for Tech was Michael Crabtree if you want to base anyone's Heisman performance off how they played Texas I would look at MC, he tore us a new one.
Inside joke. Gobbles McShiteater seems to think that a couple of magazine fishhacks who voted Redskins C Casey Rabach to "first-team All-NFC" squads and supported their thougths by offering one sentence of support (because they probably only watched one or two Skins games this season), have more valid opinions than a couple of locals who have watched every single game and think the dude sucks.

Because, since they watched one game and write for a publication, they are obviously correct.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Keep your mindless NFL bullshit in the forum where it belongs.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote: You speak for the board now, Screwball? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why not? Rack Fu apparently believes he does as well. I don't think I've seen him post in CFB very often, yet here he comes taking a swipe at my ankle

And I'd be very pleased if Tebow were to become a Chief, thank you very much to any team who passes on him and let's that happen.

Just speaking for myself, of course.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote: And I'd be very pleased if Tebow were to become a Chief, thank you very much to any team who passes on him and let's that happen.

If Tebow comes out this year (won't happen), the over/under number of teams who "pass on him" is...

And it's a no-fucking-brainer to take the over.

Dumbass.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

what's Eric Crouch doing these days?
"
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

War Wagon wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: You speak for the board now, Screwball? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why not? Rack Fu apparently believes he does as well. I don't think I've seen him post in CFB very often, yet here he comes taking a swipe at my ankle
I read the CFB forum just about every time I come here. I don't post often and usually take swipes at dumbfucks like you and m2. I'm certainly not above picking low hanging fruit.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:
War Wagon wrote: If Tebow comes out this year (won't happen)...
And why won't that happen, praytell?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Rack Fu wrote: I'm certainly not above picking low hanging fruit.
No doubt... your reach exceeds your grasp.