Tubberville - GONE.........

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Tubberville - GONE.........

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Wow, did anybody see that coming down there?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

how could you not see it happening??
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

ja, seriously, who hasn't seen this coming. dude just turned in five straight seasons about as good as mizzou's last two and gets fired because bama decided to finally have itself a good year. dipshits.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Adelpiero wrote:how could you not see it happening??
I missed your thread where you called Tubby would quit. Link?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

just like we never saw you typing out a post that didn't look like it came from a 160 character text message. props, i guess.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

auburn seems to have overreacted. like fucking wow, bama has a good team. so? it's the fucking sec. saban's not pulling away from the pack.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote: So far, it might appear that Mike Leach is the front-runner (though he's going to have to understand that DEFENSE is more important here than it is at TT. Other names - Paul Johnson (GT), Butch Davis, Bill fucking Cowher, Will Muschamp, and even Mr. Spurrier....

I would predict that we're going to see an insane amount of money spent as well....
you aint's getting Muschamp. do a little check in with reality Aubie.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
dotdotdot
Elwood

Post by dotdotdot »

Probably not going to get Leach either. He more than likely won't leave Tech unless UCLA or USC comes calling.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Why would anyone want Mike Leach? Whoopty freakin' do.......he had 1 good year mixed in with a bunch of padded 7-5/8-4 seasons. He runs a garbage system and doesn't stress defense. That shit wouldn't work in the SEC. It only works against Baylor, Okie State (2 shit north teams) and 4 1-AA OOC opponents. He has horrible clock management too and it's not like dude's been producing a whole heck of a lot of NFL talent. Anyone can have 1 good year if they coach long enough. Auburn has a damn fine football tradition and they don't need to go after a guy that refuses to schedule anyone in D1A in the non-conference and runs a gimmick offense. Mike Leach will probably get a lot of offers after this year and whoever reels him away from Taco Tech will be making a bigger mistake than Louisville made when hiring a MID-MAJOR coach in Steve Kragthorpe.

Top programs don't need to go after guys like this. Think big. Jim Leavitt would be a good hire. Greg Schiano is probably desperate by now to get the fuck outta Rutgers. Mike Gundy would be a decent hire especially now that he's almost 42 and still a man. Could always make a run at the OBC. I have a feeling he's second guessing his stuborness getting in the way of going back to Florida and a guy as arrogant as he is has got to hate being 7-5 every year. He wants another crack at a national title and that's not gonna happen at South Cakalaki. Throw some cash at him and I'd give him a 20% chance of declining it.
dotdotdot
Elwood

Post by dotdotdot »

Not really a huge Leach fan, but dude does a lot with the non-NFL talent he gets.
It's not like Lubbock is a Mecca of college football. The place is pretty much a cesspool. How he convinced Crabtree or that blue chip Ark. WR to go there is beyond me.

Put him in a place with a rich football tradition like Auburn and I am sure he'd do well.
Quirky scheme, shit clock management and all.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote:Leach would HAVE to understand that he'd have to pay a lot more attention to Defense at Auburn - plain and simple. Just heard that he'd taken a trip to Washington to visit them over the last few days, so he's looking.
for a contract extension and bonus. Leach has an entre into every home of any 4-5 star QB/WR after Crabtree and Harrell.

he's got a pirate "brand" at Tech. he may leave, but he's king in Lub now that RMK has stepped down. Tech's AD will sell his own children into slavery to keep Leach.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Tubberville NEVER won a single OOC game on the road while he was at Allbarn

Ed Orgeron can recruit, he may not be a great head coach but he is one hell of a recruiter, give him an assistant job before Lane Kiffin does because if Tenn gets Kiffin and Orgeron, who together ran USCs recruiting for a few years, they may be able to run with Saban in recruiting and blow away whoever Allbarn gets.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

While Tuberville had beaten 'bama several years in a row folks are fickle. Getting bitchlslapped to finish off a 5-7 season was the straw that broke the camel's back. If it weren't for the way he quickly threw Franklin under the bus I'd feel for Tubs.

As WIllie said earlier recruiting was likely a big issue, they'll want somebody that can go head-to-head decently with Saban.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I am not going as far as Adel and say that it was obvious....

But if you live in Alabama and have followed Alabama and Auburn, you would know both teams fans are irrational and full of big money boosters who think they are the owners of Auburn or Alabama football.....correction...They pretty much run both schools football programs. There is a reason that Bama has been off the map so long. Doing retarded shit like this.

85-40 over 10 years
68% winning percentage
One SEC Championship
8 straight Bowl Games
7-3 versus Bama
3-1 versus Tennessee
Split the series with Georgia and LSU
0-2 versus Georgia Tech...old school alums hated that

Tubby shouldnt have fired franklin middle of the season. Shouldve waited for the end of the year to do that to take the heat off yourself. He didnt beat another D1A team after firing the dude. He did the equivalent of throwing a grenade and it bouncing back at him.

Ps. PLEASE AUBURN TAKE JIMBO FISHER! Dude was calling trick plays in a monsoon and didnt try to establish a run early on versus the gaytors. Just came out gun slinging against a team with a rocket launcher.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
dotdotdot
Elwood

Post by dotdotdot »

Papa Willie wrote: He was 5-3 in bowl games - all on the road - all against different conferences.

Ummm, dude. Bowl games are at neutral sites.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Still - Auburn is desperate. Bama got a hellacious recruiter in Saban, and they've out-recruited the hell out of us since he's been there. My guess is that we are going to be shelling out one butt-load of money and (hopefully) we're going to be getting a HIGH-caliber coach - not just one that can coach (duh), but one who can recruit the HELL out of some great players.

So far, it might appear that Mike Leach is the front-runner (though he's going to have to understand that DEFENSE is more important here than it is at TT. Other names - Paul Johnson (GT), Butch Davis, Bill fucking Cowher, Will Muschamp, and even Mr. Spurrier....
Maybe you could go after Ty Willingham.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
I missed your thread where you called Tubby would quit. Link?
Auburn has been trying to get rid of the guy since they hired him. But he was winning, so they were stuck. This years record was perfect for the AD and Boosters to finally push him out. I've read where many of the big boosters never liked the guy.

Also, Auburn tried to hire another coach a few years ago, behind his back. I mean c'mon, this has been years in the waiting.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

With this news, any chance that Houston Nutt goes to Auburn, Tuberville goes to Arkansas, and Petrino goes to Ole Miss?
Last edited by L45B on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

L45B wrote:With this news, any chance that Houston Nutt goes to Auburn, Tuberville goes to Arkansas, and Petrino goes Ole Miss?
i did hear tubberville to Miss st.

Looks like Mike Leach gets to pick and choose. Supposedly, Tech has told Leach to check and see what they are offering, and they will match or beat it.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

As a PSU alum and fan, I hate to suggest this, but Tom Bradely, PSU DC would be a great fit down there.
He'd bring a strong defensive philosophy to Auburn, something you've GOT to have in the SEC.

He's probably not (okay, never) leaving PSU and most likely will be the next PSU HC in the next year or so, but you never know. Throw enough $$ at 'im and he might just bolt.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

gotta love this guy:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns

Let's see, your biggest boosters hated the guy, Your boosters and you tried to be thieves in the night and hire another coach while Tubberville was still on the job, every week for the past 4 seasons, the media would speculate that this would be Tubbervilles last season.

Yeah, i'm sure your shocked :meds:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Tubberville NEVER won a single OOC game on the road while he was at Allbarn

Ed Orgeron can recruit, he may not be a great head coach but he is one hell of a recruiter, give him an assistant job before Lane Kiffin does because if Tenn gets Kiffin and Orgeron, who together ran USCs recruiting for a few years, they may be able to run with Saban in recruiting and blow away whoever Allbarn gets.
He was 5-3 in bowl games - all on the road - all against different conferences.

Look - you really need to stick to USC football. It's all you know. You live in your little shell of shit and you know nothing about anything else. Get fucked, die, and give your helpless kids up for adoption.
You're an idiot if you think bowl games and road games are the same thing, actually, you're an idiot regardless
What was Tubbervilles record in road OOC games? He was there for 10 years and he won exactly as many road OOC games as YOU did as Allbarns head coach.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:
Looks like Mike Leach gets to pick and choose. Supposedly, Tech has told Leach to check and see what they are offering, and they will match or beat it.
Let's see....say the money's equal. Live in Lubbock or live in Auburn? Tough choice there. :meds: Plus Auburn can pay a helluva lot more than TT, I'm sure.

As much of an Alabama fan as I am, I have to say that Auburn is a great place. It's a clean, relatively crime-free, beautiful town. Great campus, good restaurants in Auburn and Opelika. And, if he has a family with young kids, the schools in Lee County are some of the best anywhere. If he appreciates young ladies, Auburn has more than its share of gorgeous coeds.

Lubbock? I've heard nothing but negatives my entire life. That doesn't mean it's not a good town to live in, but it's a bit remote, isn't it?

Ken wrote:As a PSU alum and fan, I hate to suggest this, but Tom Bradely, PSU DC would be a great fit down there.
He'd bring a strong defensive philosophy to Auburn, something you've GOT to have in the SEC.

He's probably not (okay, never) leaving PSU and most likely will be the next PSU HC in the next year or so, but you never know. Throw enough $$ at 'im and he might just bolt.
I, too, was under the impression that Bradley is basically JoePa's designated successor.
Auburn is a shithole and has the ugliest women in the SEC... if you can fuind me a full set of teeth in that damn town that isn't on the campus I'll give you benny.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

uh, you are aware of the people in central pennsylvania, non? they're quite auburn-ish.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:

He was 5-3 in bowl games - all on the road - all against different conferences.

Look - you really need to stick to USC football. It's all you know. You live in your little shell of shit and you know nothing about anything else. Get fucked, die, and give your helpless kids up for adoption.
You're an idiot if you think bowl games and road games are the same thing, actually, you're an idiot regardless
What was Tubbervilles record in road OOC games? He was there for 10 years and he won exactly as many road OOC games as YOU did as Allbarns head coach.
Dude - we've knocked off more Top 10 teams in the last 10 years than USC has. Hope you understand that, faggot.
Really? what position have you played on that team for the last 10 years?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

that's a pretty weak statement considering the only leverage you bring to any argument is based on sc's record, scheduling, etc.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

King Crimson wrote: for a contract extension and bonus. Leach has an entre into every home of any 4-5 star QB/WR after Crabtree and Harrell.

he's got a pirate "brand" at Tech. he may leave, but he's king in Lub now that RMK has stepped down. Tech's AD will sell his own children into slavery to keep Leach.
Not so sure that Leach can get into every home of 4 and 5 star QB/WRs. The guy he really wanted wants no part of him. He really wanted Garret Gilbert of Lake Travis and Gilbert has told him no all along. As such he has settled on Jacob Karam out of Friendswood to lead the Taco offense. Throwing for 500 plus doesn't hold the same weight when your team loses. Lubbock is still Lubbock.

Just sayin'.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Couple of things here guys from someone who is very familiar with an offense very similar to Johnson's.

First things first, it is not an option attack as much as it is a misdirection attack. Sure there are option plays, but the success is built on misdirection. Not that any of you have made that mistake in this thread, but I have heard many media talk about his offense as an option one.

Second. I don't think that taking the offense to Auburn means auto success next year. Freakin' huge OL don't always work in the double wing. The system tends to work best with quickness. Now if a guy has the combo that is great, but not all 325 lb OL can play in the system.

Third. The system works best when teams are looking at a pro offense one week, a spread the next week, and then the double wing in the third. It also works well against aggressive upfield defensive fronts.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:
King Crimson wrote: for a contract extension and bonus. Leach has an entre into every home of any 4-5 star QB/WR after Crabtree and Harrell.

Not so sure that Leach can get into every home of 4 and 5 star QB/WRs. The guy he really wanted wants no part of him. He really wanted Garret Gilbert of Lake Travis and Gilbert has told him no all along. As such he has settled on Jacob Karam out of Friendswood to lead the Taco offense. Throwing for 500 plus doesn't hold the same weight when your team loses. Lubbock is still Lubbock.

Just sayin'.
fair enough. but, Spike Dykes going 5-6 in the SWC and where Leach is are much different places. there are always kids out there who want the stats. I'd also suggest in response to your subsequent post that Tech and Leach are a different team on that fast (almost 80's style) turf at Jones.
"