Old man don't do the concert thing no mo'

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Old man don't do the concert thing no mo'

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Went to the Creepy to see Guitar Wolf last night. Arrives @ 9 to see a band end. Turns out they were the first band, and there were two more bands yet to play before Guitar Wolf. Rustered.

Drank a couple Pabst waiting for the 2nd band. You know you're in for an awkward experience when its an early 20's crowd and the soundcheck riff from the old guitarist is off Metallica's Ride the Lightning. 2nd band played two shit songs so I went to the bar next door because 1) it was not HOT AS FUCK, less crowded and not SMOKY AS ALL FUCK.

Drank three Budweisers there and returned to the venue to find that the 3rd band was just about to start. Rustero. I went solo, got stuck talking to a veterinarian I once worked with and the smoky smoke smoke was burning my eyes. I left.

Old man can't do this little punk club shit no more. I'll accept my wuss status and will gladly receive all offerings of lotion for my chaffed vagina.

I still wonder what all those kids were doing there. I bought a Guitar Wolf album 10 years ago... who are these teenage pukes?

Sorry guys. I'm an old man.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Maybe becuase you listen to music that's geared to outcast kids looking to be different.

I may be an aging rocker, but I'm never the oldest dude there.

I've found that I can alleviate any feeling of being out of my element by taking it upon myself to not be a drunken jackass at shows, but to be the biggest drunken jackass at the show. I always have stiff competition for the title from the other aging rockers I go with, though. We view it as teaching the next generation how to party correctly.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I did fit in, a bit, because all of these rockers were sporting cream in their hair. I hadn't showered that day, so I removed my ballcap to exhibit my think, greasy coif.

Still, leather and t-shirts was the norm, not fleece pullovers. I think I was one of two people inthe place with a ballcap. These fuckers want to spend time on their hair. Spend so much damn time thinking about their appearance that they don't have time to truly rock (like me so long as rocking is happening in a smoke-free environment).

When did all the bettys turn fat? Every bitch in that place was packing on an extra 30lbs.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i like guitar wolf. ever read an interview with them? it's hilarious....sort of.

i hear you. i try and tell myself that going to shows is still OK. i have no pretentions about anything. but, i went to Mos Def in Boulder last fall and i'm pretty sure i was the 2nd or 3rd oldest person there...outside a couple of bartenders at Boulder's venerable Boulder Theatre (a nice venue and PLUM bartending gig--top of the service chain). I used to work a couple of them and work with them at an upscale Ital place where i cooked about 7 years ago.

i remember seeing "that old guy" going to shows 10 years ago. 15 years ago. in high school, even. the old guy at the 1986 minutemen show. was he great, was he pathetic?
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bizzarofelice wrote: When did all the bettys turn fat? Every bitch in that place was packing on an extra 30lbs.
Don't you live in the Midwest? There's your answer.

I don't see too many fat bitches in the clubs these days. If I do, I am allllllll over it. Follow the GUE rule -- Go Ugly Early. You pick the mediocre skank out of a crowd full of hotties, and your peepee will thank you. OK, maybe I have been playing this game too long. I'll work on that "growing up" thing one of these days.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Dinsdale wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: When did all the bettys turn fat? Every bitch in that place was packing on an extra 30lbs.
Don't you live in the Midwest?
touche
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

i just see faded Steeler shirts and oily mullets at the shows that come to Pittsburgh.
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

i think i was one of the few 30somethings at a Razorlight show a few months back.
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

scritti wrote:i think i was one of the few 30somethings at a Razorlight show a few months back.
Aww don' tell me that. I'm going to see them open up for Muse in a couple of weeks. I hope it's not filled with little kids. :(