10%
Shove it up your ass
36%

Total votes: 39

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Re: T1B Survey

Post by .m2 »

Uncle Fester wrote:Where do you fucks live, Baghdad?
No shit... Fester.

Not too many "city folk" in this thread.

Just a lot of John Wayne wannabee's.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Just as hilarious as Dims talking about shaking off a blast to the leg.

Yeah, right tard. :meds:
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

You guys don't need to shell out large coin for an effective weapon.

A BB Gun can ward off a sawed off shotgun & knives when placed in the right hands.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/200 ... 212488.txt
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

I voted to shove it up my ass.
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

you dont want to go there- not on this board
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Cornhusker wrote:You guys don't need to shell out large coin for an effective weapon.

A BB Gun, a bbq lighter, an iron swinging from a rope, some marbles, super glue, a pile of feathers, an electric fan and a bunch of broken christmas ornaments can ward off a sawed off shotgun & knives when placed in the right hands.
FTFY, BTW.

Hey, I tell ya what I'm gonna give *you*, Snakes.
I'm gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your lying, yellow, no-good keister off my property, before...
I pump your guts full of lead!

1... 2... 10!
Bwahahahahahahahahahhahhahah!!!!!
Keep the change ya filthy animal!
Jeff in SD
Elwood

Post by Jeff in SD »

Thankfully for me, I get to carry my service weapon wherever I want. And even better when I fly armed, that way i get on the plane first and get a nice seat. Its nice to work for the guvment.
mvscal wrote:That's because you're inhaling black cock faster than your fat wife inhales cheesecakes.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

About two weeks ago, I walked down late one night to a slightly marginal stripmall and got a sub sammich and jumbo bottle of wine. As I walked home, I cut through a dark parking lot behind a mechanic's shop and heard something behind me. I turned and saw some big black kid approaching fast. I kept walking, but dropped the neck of the bottle into my hand, ready for a big swing. I kept walking, listening for footsteps, waving the bottle around a little so that he'd see it, getting more and more pissed about the idea of losing my delicious chicken bacon ranch sub into the dirt or my big bottle of finely blended Aussie Cab-Merlot onto the guy's noggin. I was tensing up, kind of waiting to be beaned until I couldn't stand it anymore. I wussed out and turned around, but the fooker had disappeared. This wasn't a place that anyone was supposed to be late at night, so I don't know where he came from or where he went.

The lesson? Had I owned a gun, I might have shot the guy and spent the rest of my life in a crowded bathroom-sized cell instead of enjoying my tasty sub sandwich in front of the tube with a big glass of wine.

Some of you guys with the guns need to chill out before you hurt somebody.

Fester
Man of the World
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Few questions fess.

You didn't whomp him with the bottle of wine, did you? So,if been armed with something else, why would you have used it?

What if that "big black kid" (typical racist white dude) had decided that he was gonna have that chicken bacon ranch (outstanding choice, btw) for himself.

Let's look at a few scenarios.

Scenarios A:

BBK- Hey muthafukka, gmme dat sammich.

TRWD- Uhhhh. How's about a nice bottle of ripple instead?

TRWD, make that old TRWD with a torn rotator cuff, goes with the 2 handed backhand. BBK easily sidesteps it. And counters with kick to nads. He then picks up his sammich and bottle. After realizing that it's not really ripple, but, some faggit ass bitter tasting stuff, he pours it over the balled up on the ground TRWD and drills him in the dome with it.

Scenario B:

BBK-Hey muthafukka, gimme dat sammich.

TRWD- Uhhhhh, how's about I empty this clip into your black ass?

BBK- It's cool dog. I don't really like subway, noway. Peace.

BBK turns and heads off to find some other old white dude to roll.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

you call chicks "babe" ?!?!?!
You call them "chicks" and he calls them "babes".

In your case, females are willing to accept one of their own using "chicks".

In his case, no females are ever around to object, so it's all good.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Scenarios A:

BBK- Hey muthafukka, gmme dat sammich.

TRWD- Uhhhh. How's about a nice bottle of ripple instead?

TRWD, make that old TRWD with a torn rotator cuff, goes with the 2 handed backhand. BBK easily sidesteps it. And counters with kick to nads. He then picks up his sammich and bottle. After realizing that it's not really ripple, but, some faggit ass bitter tasting stuff, he pours it over the balled up on the ground TRWD and drills him in the dome with it.

Scenario B:

BBK-Hey muthafukka, gimme dat sammich.

TRWD- Uhhhhh, how's about I empty this clip into your black ass?

BBK- It's cool dog. I don't really like subway, noway. Peace.

BBK turns and heads off to find some other old white dude to roll.
Problem is, all of the muggahs who would approach themselves unarmed are dead pretty soon after they are weaned.

This is a crucial aspect of the muggery that the TWRD never seems to grasp.

A muggah who wants to survive the episode and get the caysh will approach with a weapon in hand. In a muggery, the element of surprise is the winning suit. Only a really dumb TWRD will ignore a weapon pointed at him and pull his own. The muggah is then given the option to fire, or to run, while the TRWD draws. The TRWD then surrenders the initiative to the caprices of the muggah...not something that is advisable. The caliber of your weapon doesn't matter when you're bleeding through a new hole in your body and the muggah's making off with your goods.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

PSUFAN wrote:A muggah who wants to survive the episode and get the caysh will approach with a weapon in hand. In a muggery, the element of surprise is the winning suit. Only a really dumb TWRD will ignore a weapon pointed at him and pull his own. The muggah is then given the option to fire, or to run, while the TRWD draws. The TRWD then surrenders the initiative to the caprices of the muggah...not something that is advisable. The caliber of your weapon doesn't matter when you're bleeding through a new hole in your body and the muggah's making off with your goods.
yeah, happens that way ALL the time :lol: :lol: :lol:
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

I voted first option. Only because of the 'buzzer's av.

Hey, guns are cool phallic symbols and stuff.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

I have one of these:

Works for me, and I have over 200 rounds.

Oh, and PSUTard........

That quote was from me saying that there is loophole in Prop. 2 in Cal. and Prop.8 in Fla, which both passed, that without a legal definition of what is male and female, a fag could claim to be a woman, and how would you disprove it?

Nice 'out of context' sig, shithead.
What were we just talking about?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote: Works for me
Really?

A top-of-the-line revolver from a top-of-the-line revolver manufacturer works pretty well?

Go figure.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Works for me, and I have over 200 rounds.
Who gives a fuck, you glistening doughy nimrod? Why do you need a gun anyway, doesn't your fucking mom answer the door for you anymore? Or maybe you use it to shoot out the receiver of your phone after Zy screens your call?
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Here's MY selection:

Its basicly the model I carry except that I have a sure-grip handle on it instead of the wood grain. Trust me, a .45 carries QUITE a punch when it hits a human - seen enough exit wounds in my trauma room to know that for sure. Only at $519 list on the Springfield Armory website. If you need more rounds than this thing carries then you likely weren't going to survive the fight anyway.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

The issue isn't reliability, it's concealability, ease of use, and extraction. Packing an auto or a hammered revolver in a coat or pants pocket subjects the user to possible snags, wherein he couldn't withdraw the weapon in the very moment he needed it. A short barreled hammerless wheelgun or revolver is smooth, has no or few sharp edges to catch on clothing, and often requires no release of a safety if it's a double action. A five-shot wheel gun is actually very slim, depending on the caliber of the round it takes.

The problem with CC is that if you use a holster it requires you to attach it to a belt or don a rig that holds it in place against your ankle, ribs, or armpit. A more useful (read: easy to pack, no hassle portage) gun is one that you slip into your coat pocket as you walk out the door. A weapon that you take just as naturally as grabbing your wallet or car keys is infinitely more useful than the one left on your dresser at home because it was too much trouble to afix to your clothing, body, or shoulder rig.
Last edited by Rooster on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Caliber isn't really an issue either, considering that if you can put your weapon into use so much quicker than your opponent because of it's accessability, 5 .22 rounds in his face will be more than sufficient to dissaude him from continuing to bother you. .45's, .357s, et al aren't necessary to allow you to extract yourself from a dangerous situation, just having any ol' bullet pierce your enemy should be more than enough to allow you to get to safety. Let me put it another way: death, while preferable, isn't needed to stop your opponent. Pain and the realization you were prepared for him is 99 out of 100 times enough to cause them to look elsewhere for easier prey. The other 1% of the time was likely to lead to your demise anyway since he either got the drop on you or brought company.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

The CCW debate goes on and on.

Many good choices for concealed carry proves you should not fuck with T1B readers, or at least those with enough sense to protect themselves.

My choice, purchased about 3 months ago is the S&W M&P 9mm.

High capacity magazine and light weight were the primary factors there. Shoot until the threat is over or you run out of ammo. I carry in the small of the back most times, since robbery is the most likely need for personal protection. "Give me your wallet mutha fucka,... The disadvantage there is if forced to lay on the floor in a hostage situation, it makes it difficult to pull from that position unnoticed and to then double tap the offender. .

Ankle carry makes it impossible to move for cover or away form the threat and be able to draw at the same time. Ankle carry has its place, but seems to be the most disadvantageous.

To me, there are numerous advantages of semi auto versus wheel. Wheel may be more accurate, but most personal defense situations occur inside of 5 to 10 yards. I like capacity here. Big difference in any short barreled weapon between 5 yards nad 15 yards.

The S&W 9mm is on my nightstand..backed by a S&W .357 in the gun cabinet. An Astra 9mm is the office weapon.

I shot one of these a while back and really liked it. OSP game officers carry these now in addition to AR -15. I was lacking a high capacity carbine in the personal defense collection, so I bought one along with 3 extra clips.

Fucking sweet...that is the home carbine, backed by a Mossberg tactical model loaded with 00 buck.

Now to work on getting the ammo count up there for all weapons, and before Omuslim bans CCW and assault weapons.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:Image
Few years back, I (legally) fired the full-auto version. Forget what the heck model... CC556, or something like that. It's a Mini with a select-fire.

Very cool. The really cool part, was dude had a .22LR conversion. Pretty damn economical when you can dump over a thousand rounds a minute (dude was going to mess with the springs and whatnot, to slow it down to a reasonable speed).

Better investment than gold right now.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:
Derron wrote:Image
Few years back, I (legally) fired the full-auto version. Forget what the heck model... CC556, or something like that. It's a Mini with a select-fire.

Very cool. The really cool part, was dude had a .22LR conversion. Pretty damn economical when you can dump over a thousand rounds a minute (dude was going to mess with the springs and whatnot, to slow it down to a reasonable speed).

Better investment than gold right now.
Kind of what I though..got mine used for $ 800. Kid is coming home after Christmas..I will see what he can do for it..Did I mention he is a Marine Corp armorer ?? :wink: :wink:
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

The class I went to was very cool. Put another $100 on the weapon. While the certificate I got enables me to apply for the conceal carry, and I'll probably do so soon, I don't see myself carrying all that often - if at all. I mean if there is a total breakdown in social order maybe, but there's still so much more to learn about it.

There's several more courses I feel I need to take.

http://www.nrahq.org/education/training ... asp#pistol

The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course is at least 10-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, two handed and one handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and a course completion certificate.

The NRA FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation — Firearm Instruction, Responsibility, and Safety Training — is the NRA’s response to the American public’s need for a firearm orientation program for new purchasers. NRA FIRST Steps Pistol is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific pistol action type for classes of four or fewer students. This course is at least three hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot a specific pistol action type. Students will learn the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; the particular pistol model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and a FIRST Steps Course completion certificate.

The NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense. This is an eight-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet and a course completion certificate.

The NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course participants must be law abiding, adults (at least 21 years old), and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course. Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following: NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment.

The NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home Course is both comprehensive and intensive in its approach to equip the defensive shooting candidate with the skills needed to survive serious adversity. The course teaches students the knowledge, skills and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home. Students have the opportunity to attend this course using a quality strong side hip holster that covers the trigger, or a holster purse. From a review of safe firearms handling and proper mindset to presentation from concealment and multiple shooting positions, this course contains the essential skills and techniques needed to prevail in a life-threatening situation.

The NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home is divided into two levels (basic and advanced). Level one is a nine-hour course and offers the essential knowledge and skills that must be mastered in order to carry, store, and use a firearm safely and effectively for personal protection outside the home. Upon completion of level one, students may choose to attend level two, which is an additional five hours of range training and teaches advanced shooting skills. After the classroom portion, students should expect to spend several hours on the range and shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition during level one. Level two involves five additional hours on the range and approximately 115 rounds of ammunition. The ammunition requirements are minimum and may be exceeded. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure and the appropriate course completion certificates(s), NRA Basic Personal Protection Outside The Home (identifies strong-side hip holster or purse use) certificate, NRA Advanced Personal Protection Outside The Home certificate.

The NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home participants in this course must be at least 21 years of age and possess defensive pistol skills presented in the NRA Basics of Personal Protection In The Home Course. Participants must also understand the basic legal concepts relating to the use of firearms in self-defense, and must know and observe not only general gun safety rules, but also those safety principles that are specific to defensive situations. Prospective participants can demonstrate that they have the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes by producing an NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course Certificate, or by passing the pre-course evaluation.

Note: The Lesson III of the Personal Protection In and Outside The Home courses Firearms and the Law, and Legal Aspects of Self-Defense is conducted by an attorney licensed to practice law within the state in which this course is given and who is familiar with this area of the law, a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) who possesses an intermediate or higher Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate granted within the state, or an individual currently certified to instruct in this area of the law by the state in which this course is presented.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

pwnd:

Specs

Funny, beacuse prior to shooting this - my opinion of S&W was - "ehh"
This is made by their Performance Center and it is far and away the best weapon I've ever had the privlage of shooting.

I bought mine 3 years ago for $1,300 and still consider it a bargain
My best Freind is a Capt. in the local PD and he says it's the best .45 he's ever fired.
Of course his Baretta 9 is pretty fucking sweet as well
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Anyone have a Walther PPK?

James Bond crap aside, two guys I worked with had these and swore by them.

I prefer a heavier gun, though.
What were we just talking about?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:Anyone have a Walther PPK?

As mentioned -- nope, but a PP. 3/4" longer barrel, 1/4" longer grip (holds 7 instead of the PPK's 6).

The PPKS has the longer grip with the shorter barrel. That's the three options for old-school Walther compacts. The PPKS was released after some stupid anti-import laws in 1968.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
-Representative Suzanna Gratia Hupp

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Tom In VA wrote:"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
-Representative Suzanna Gratia Hupp
You don't see any logical problem with this idiotic quote?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Enlighten me.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

How can a politician's stand on any issue tell you "how he or she views you as an individual".

Of course, it's all about you, right?

How can anybody view you as an individual if they don't even know you?

If you believe the statement, then you're saying that every "individual" is exactly the same because it would have to apply to every individual.
I never thought of you as a Communist.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Very astute analysis of the quote. Nicely broken down, parsed, and summarized. I think you've seen through her clever ploy Mikey. Good work.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sarcasm noted.

You may now carry on being led by the nose.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:You may now carry on being led by the nose.

You're making an argument that certain people shouldn't have the same rights as others, and are accusing others of being "communist" and "being led by the nose"?

Seriously?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:You may now carry on being led by the nose.

You're making an argument that certain people shouldn't have the same rights as others, and are accusing others of being "communist" and "being led by the nose"?

Seriously?
Not very observant, are you?

I'm not making an argument one way or the other about the second amendment.

The statement that a politician's stand on any issue has anything to do with you as an individual is patently ridiculous and meant only to exacerbate whatever outrage you might already have over the issue.

BTW -
Do you honestly believe that everybody (including felons convicted of violent crimes involving firearms) should have the same rights?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

If you're looking at it from the perspective of her target audience - presumably men and women who choose to exercise their rights in accordance with the 2nd Amendment - the rhetorical "you" are those people.

Those people are, presumably - law abiding men and women - or trustworthy and productive citizens.

Mikey is correct, when you parse the statement down, "how he or she views you as an individual" that nobody can really tell how one person REALLY views an individual. But actions speak louder than words and put in proper context - back into the discussion of the 2nd Amendment - how can any infringement on the 2nd Amendment be perceived as anything other than a legislator's perception that people are part "of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

This woman's parents were brutally murdered by a lawbreaker - because she - obeyed the law. Very compelling story. As compelling if not moreso than the use of Brady to appeal to the emotions of those against the concept of people defending themselves.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mikey wrote: BTW -
Do you honestly believe that everybody (including felons convicted of violent crimes involving firearms) should have the same rights?
Yes. They're still human aren't they ?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tom In VA wrote:
Mikey wrote: BTW -
Yes. They're still human aren't they ?
It has nothing to do with being human, it's more about being civilized.

This is the kinder, gentler Goober, BTW, so I decided against calling you a fucking idiot.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Goober McTuber wrote: This is the kinder, gentler Goober, BTW, so I decided against calling you a fucking idiot.

Thanks. And probably in your best interests if you want to continue to freely express your opinion. I mean if we're limiting this ....

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

To only persons deemed "civilized" ...

Why wouldn't we apply that same rule to the 1st Amendment. So speaking with a civil tone is in our best interests.

Besides, most felons already own weapons. It's law abiding citizens that end up victims.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Come on, Tom, do you honestly believe that violent felons who have served time for assaulting their fellow-citizens deserve the right the carry a gun? Your argument about the 1st Amendment is ridiculous. What you propose would totally subvert the intent of the amendment: freedom of speech. There is no corresponding right of a convicted felon to be armed.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

The Bill of Rights is written from the perspective - not that these are things the government GRANT you - but that these rights are yours for simply being a swinging dick or a split-tail sally walking the earth and the government won't to anything to deprive you of them.

Forgetting that is how we've gotten here in the first place, among all the other egregious "infringements" throughout our history.

Disagree ?