What will young people do if Obama loses?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

What will young people do if Obama loses?

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: What will young people do if Obama loses?

Post by Goober McTuber »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:What will young people do if Obama loses?
Same thing they do now. Take a couple of tabs of extasy and go see some horrible band like MGMT.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Exactly. They will be wishing they had a) registered to vote and b) actually done so.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Same thing they do now. Take a couple of tabs of extasy and go see some horrible band like MGMT.
Bwah!

S_M, your thoughts?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Should be easier to accomplish than gobbling a microdot and going to see Country Joe and the Fish.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Mom and Dad can buy you a Mac Laptop for 3K.
Mom and Dad can buy you an iPhone.
Mom and Dad can buy you an Obama T-shirt.
Mom and Dad can send you to Harvard or Wellesley.
Mom and Dad can tolerate your starry-eyed rants.

Mom and Dad cannot make you register and vote.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
I wasn't aware people were still rolling. I thought ecstasy went the way of quaaludes. Besides, go fuck yourself.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
I wasn't aware people were still rolling. I thought ecstasy went the way of quaaludes. Besides, go fuck yourself.
Hey, I read the post where you copped to doing extasy. I must have missed the one where you claimed to have moved on. Too late, damage done.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Image
Per usual, you got nothing. Thanks for playing, assbreath.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Do you deny anything I said, dickmunch? I mean you did admit a while back to doing extasy. You've recently confessed to liking a monumentally shitty band. What else you got in your closet, Nancy?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Do you deny anything I said, dickmunch? I mean you did admit a while back to doing extasy. You've recently confessed to liking a monumentally shitty band. What else you got in your closet, Nancy?
You're right, pole-smoker, I didn't deny anything you said. My past is not my present. I know you're bitter you're stuck living in an insufferable shithole and too fucking stupid to know any better place than Madison, but well, that's your fucking problem.

Go suck on a tailpipe, dillweed.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Do you deny anything I said, dickmunch? I mean you did admit a while back to doing extasy. You've recently confessed to liking a monumentally shitty band. What else you got in your closet, Nancy?
You're right, pole-smoker, I didn't deny anything you said. My past is not my present. I know you're bitter you're stuck living in an insufferable shithole and too fucking stupid to know any better place than Madison, but well, that's your fucking problem.
First of all, I love living in Madison. One of the truly great American cities, and recognized as such whenever anyone does a study of the best places to live.

Secondly, are you telling me you sit through a performance by these shit bands without any alteration to your consciousness? Well, you sir are a fuck-witted masochist.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

[quote="Goober McTuber"Secondly, are you telling me you sit through a performance by these shit bands without any alteration to your consciousness? Well, you sir are a fuck-witted masochist.[/quote]

Nobody expects anyone living in a town bereft of good, live music like Madison to know what they fuck they are talking, so I'll cut you some slack on that. But, sober or in an altered state, I enjoy the live version of MGMT. Tough fucking shit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I enjoy the live version of MGMT.

And when you're feeling all retro and shit, I suppose Culture Club is just aces in your book?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Staying on topic...

I hope the young people who voted for Obama don't get discouraged by the voting process and continue to show up every time. My first two presidential elections didn't go to the guy I voted for but that didn't stop me from showing up 4 years later. If these young people are truly passionate about their country and how they'd like it to run, they vote no matter who is running. This shouldn't be just a product of new demos getting caught up in a Obamania. I hope this lights a fire in the next generation of Americans that will have influence in what direction this country will go.
Rasputin
Elwood

Post by Rasputin »

I told you fuckers we should lower the drinking age and raise the voting age.
“The lamps are going out all over America; we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime”

Morons of America, Unite! You have nothing to lose but your country.
-B.H.Obama

Palin/Jindal '12
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:I hope this lights a fire in the next generation of Americans that will have influence in what direction this country will go.

~80% of Americans were opposed to The Bailout.

Obama was all for it.

Light coming on yet?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:I hope this lights a fire in the next generation of Americans that will have influence in what direction this country will go.

Obama was all for it.

Light coming on yet?

So was McCain...neither guy should be president then, huh?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Rasputin wrote:I told you fuckers we should lower the drinking age and raise the voting age.

If you're old enough to be sent off to fight for your country, you should be considered old enough to vote for the man or woman that can send you off to war.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote: So was McCain...neither guy should be president then, huh?

I guess that answers the "light coming on yet" question.

To answer your (unrelated) question...

No. Neither should be president. Both have violated their oath of office more times than that stupid bitch said "maverick."

But...

If an overwhelming majority of CONSTITUENTS (look that big ol' word up) are opposed to something, yet it still passes, and the senators/reps who defied their CONSTITUENTS are still in office...

How does anyone have any influence on which direction the country will go?
Last edited by Dinsdale on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Shoalzie wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Obama was all for it.

Light coming on yet?

So was McCain...neither guy should be president then, huh?

Looks like the light just came on.

Welcome to the front porch.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: So was McCain...neither guy should be president then, huh?

I guess that answers the "light coming on yet" question.

To answer your (unrelated) question...

No. Neither should be president. Both have violated their oath of office more times than that stupid bitch said "maverick."

But...

If an overwhelming majority of CONSTITUENTS (look that big ol' word up) are opposed to something, yet it still passes, and the senators/reps who defied their CONSTITUENTS are still in office...

How does anyone have any influence on which direction the country will go?

Believe, I'm with you there...

Our elected representatives should represent our true feelings and in the case of the bailout, they caved when many Americans...I don't know about 80%...weren't in agreement with it.

I know that I essentially repeated what you just said but I know what you're saying. When you see things like that bailout getting passed...it should tell people that they need to consider voting their representative out of office in the next election if that's going against their stance on an issue. It's stuff like that should put incumbents at risk of losing their spot in the House.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:When you see things like that bailout getting passed...it should tell people that they need to consider voting their representative out of office in the next election if that's going against their stance on an issue.

No.

They should be prosecuted for disobeying their Oath of Office.

Remind me again... which amendment grants Congress the authority to borrow money to give to private corporations?

Which number is that again?
Rasputin
Elwood

Post by Rasputin »

Shoalzie wrote:
Rasputin wrote:I told you fuckers we should lower the drinking age and raise the voting age.

If you're old enough to be sent off to fight for your country, you should be considered old enough to vote for the man or woman that can send you off to war.
And not old enough to have a beer? Besides, some snotnose just out of HS doesn't have the life experience to make said decisions. But if they're wearing the uniform, by all means make an exception for them, they've proved to be the exception to the rule. The rest of these twerps need to grow up a little first.
“The lamps are going out all over America; we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime”

Morons of America, Unite! You have nothing to lose but your country.
-B.H.Obama

Palin/Jindal '12
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Rasputin wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:

And not old enough to have a beer? Besides, some snotnose just out of HS doesn't have the life experience to make said decisions. But if they're wearing the uniform, by all means make an exception for them, they've proved to be the exception to the rule. The rest of these twerps need to grow up a little first.

I'm for the drinking age to go back down to 18...I wasn't disputing that.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:Remind me again... which amendment grants Congress the authority to borrow money to give to private corporations?

It's called freestylin', Dinsdale, you stupid old fart.

We don't ride in a horse & buggy anymore either.

I bet your VCR -- yeah, you still got one of those -- blinks 12:00 non-stop, too.

Get with the modern program, douche.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Dinsdale wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:When you see things like that bailout getting passed...it should tell people that they need to consider voting their representative out of office in the next election if that's going against their stance on an issue.

No.

They should be prosecuted for disobeying their Oath of Office.

Remind me again... which amendment grants Congress the authority to borrow money to give to private corporations?

Amendment GWB1A.

It's still pending.

Sorry. I guess he forgot to ask us if it was ok.