electoral landslide?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Re: electoral landslide?

Post by .m2 »

88 wrote:WGARA? They both suck. We lose either way, landslide or not.
Depends on why you vote for a president.

I vote with my pocket book.

The economy for the last 50 years has done better with a democrat as president.

I'll vote for a democrat.

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:Annualized Real Disposable Personal Income Growth by President:

10. George H.W. Bush (R) 1.39% (1989-1993)
I remember those times. I got out of college in 1990. You could fit a big city want ads section on the back of a fucking matchbook. There's your impact of Reganomics right there. But hey, I'm sure electing his idiot son turned out better.

9. George W. Bush (R) 2.61% (2001-present)

Doh!

sin

The United States
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Rasmussen has Obama at 50% and McSuspended at 45%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... up_history

Get your head out of your ass.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

BSmack wrote:
Get your head out of your ass.
Nobody would recognize him.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

BSmack wrote:Rasmussen has Obama at 50% and McSuspended at 45%.
Gallup has Obama up 48%-45%, too.
Stanley F Pickle
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Stanley F Pickle »

mvscal wrote:CNN's poll is a joke. Gallup, Rassmussen and Zogby have the n...igger losing ground.

n...igger :lol:

I love it. It's amazing how only mvscal gets a pass on truism.
Stanley F Pickle
Fuckin' Noob

It's funny.....everyone hates Dr. Detroits... yet I'm the only one that has to pay the consequencese of hating ni...ggres.

Hey Ni....gger, if you act like a primivie savage ape, you probrable are a primitive savage ape.

Die mvscal.......DIE!
Stanley F Pickle
Fuckin' Noob

88 wrote:
mvscal wrote:You misunderstand, Stanley. Nobody hates you because you're a racist. You are despised because you are a pussy faggot. Racism is just an excuse.
Nails, as usual.

No fukkken shite.....Ni....geres are ni....gggers....DUH!
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

The racist trolls aside,..............

Didn't the exit polls have Kerry winning by 8 percent?

Who are they polling?

Even today......who are they polling? 1500 means a 3% +/- ......but who are they polling?

Stats,....man..........Lies...Damn lies...and statistics.
What were we just talking about?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:Rassmussen
Self-imposed ban.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Maybe jsc is right. Might be a landslide.
(CNN) – New polls released Wednesday morning suggest the race for the White House could be breaking for Barack Obama in three key battleground states.

Just-released Quinnipiac University surveys show Obama with wide leads in Pennsylvania and Ohio, as well as Florida — the showdown state in the 2000 presidential race where John McCain has had held an advantage for most of the summer.

The latest poll results are bad news for McCain as Election Day inches closer and just may be the clearest sign yet the nation's ongoing financial crisis is taking its toll on the Arizona senator's candidacy.

"It is virtually impossible for McCain to win the White House without Florida and Ohio," CNN Senior Political Researcher Alan Silverleib said. "The financial crisis is playing right into Obama's message of change, and putting the GOP on the defensive all across the electoral map."

Election Center: Check out CNN's electoral map breakdown

Quinnipiac's new survey in Pennsylvania shows Obama with a stunning 14 point-lead over McCain, 54-39 percent. Averaging that survey with other recent Pennsylvania polls, the latest CNN poll of polls there shows a 10-point lead for Obama in the state that only voted for John Kerry by a 2-point margin in 2004. Several polls released earlier this month in Pennsylvania suggested Obama's lead there was in the mid single digits.

A new Quinnipiac Ohio poll also released Wednesday morning shows Obama leading McCain by 8 points there. CNN does not have enough recent polling in Ohio for a poll of polls, but several surveys released earlier this month before the extent of the financial crisis became clear showed the two presidential candidates tied there.

A new Quinnipiac Florida poll also shows big gains for Obama, with the Illinois senator now holding an 8 point lead, 51 to 43 percent. There is also not enough recent polling in Florida to conduct a poll of polls there, though a survey from ARG earlier this week showed Obama with a statistically insignificant 1-point lead.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Quinnipiac's new survey in Pennsylvania shows Obama with a stunning 14 point-lead over McCain, 54-39 percent. Averaging that survey with other recent Pennsylvania polls, the latest CNN poll of polls there shows a 10-point lead for Obama in the state that only voted for John Kerry by a 2-point margin in 2004. Several polls released earlier this month in Pennsylvania suggested Obama's lead there was in the mid single digits.
I'd be interested to see what areas of PA they were polling. There is a huge voter registration push going on within the shittier (read black) neighborhoods in Philly. The swing voters (like myself) live in the 'burbs and the Philly papers are doing their best to sway them away from McCain.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:"It is virtually impossible for McCain to win the White House without Florida and Ohio," CNN Senior Political Researcher Alan Silverleib said. "The financial crisis is playing right into Obama's message of change, and putting the GOP on the defensive all across the electoral map."
McCain will win both Florida and Ohio going away.
Are you assuming they'll be able to put the fix in again? Wakey Wake. :wink:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

jiminphilly wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
I'd be interested to see what areas of PA they were polling. There is a huge voter registration push going on within the shittier (read black) neighborhoods in Philly. The swing voters (like myself) live in the 'burbs and the Philly papers are doing their best to sway them away from McCain.
According to this FOX (fair and balanced) clip it's evenly split in this NE PA neighborhood (don't see too many shvartsers there).

Last edited by Mikey on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:I think Obama will carry the dead vote by a greater margin than Kerry did in Ohio last time. His Chicago ties will help in that respect.

What I'm worried about is whether Obama will be able to garner as many votes from cartoon characters and superheroes as Kerry did in Ohio last time. The ACORN voter registration drive for Kerry was absolutely stunningly successful in that respect four years ago.
If prosperity under Democratic rule is inevitable, then you should just lay back and enjoy it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:"It is virtually impossible for McCain to win the White House without Florida and Ohio," CNN Senior Political Researcher Alan Silverleib said. "The financial crisis is playing right into Obama's message of change, and putting the GOP on the defensive all across the electoral map."
McCain will win both Florida and Ohio going away. Seriously. It won't even be close. This clown is dreaming.
Don't forget Michigan.

And that's not a dreaming clown, it's a CNN political hack... wait... same thing.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Well, this is as good a place as any for this:

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:Rack prosperity. Can you imagine what could get done if we put the Democrats in charge of the whole country?
If you think for one second I'm buying that oversimplistic steaming pile of crap you're selling, then I've got a burning river to sell you.

BTW, aren't you selling one of the most liveable cities in American short?

http://www.balancedlivingmag.com/2006/J ... 20City.htm

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Well if Northeast PA is any indication.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c59_1222820789

LMAO, I love the uproar on LiveLeak. The dude saying "it's split" was obviously tongue in cheek.

President Obama.

He'll be immune to any criticism and have a mandate.

I'm not afraid.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tom In VA wrote:Well if Northeast PA is any indication.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c59_1222820789

LMAO, I love the uproar on LiveLeak. The dude saying "it's split" was obviously tongue in cheek.

President Obama.

He'll be immune to any criticism and have a mandate.

I'm not afraid.
Of course you're not afraid. You'll be in Canada.
Last edited by Goober McTuber on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal,

I say this to you as a "friend" / "smackboard buddy". You probably want to muzzle it for 4-8 years when Obama is President. The "Truth Squads" now might just seem like overbearing SpinMeisters but once he's in office ...

Randy Weaver .... know what I mean ?

I probably won't have the supplies for my trek up to the Plains of Abraham until a year from now. Until then I'm practicing every day.

"Yes, Obama, is wonderful.".

"Why yes, I want to pay more taxes. Please, tax me some more"

"Why yes, CEO do get paid too much, but so do I, I hope Obama passes a law to limit my salary."

"Absolutely, I haven't worked for anything my whole life either, please take MY job. Take my weapon, I don't have a Bible, but do you want my copy of Kahil Ghibran's The Prophet ?"

It's difficult but you have to learn these things - to survive and fight another day. Think "French Resistance"

Obama, the President Who Became King.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

BSmack wrote:
88 wrote:Rack prosperity. Can you imagine what could get done if we put the Democrats in charge of the whole country?
If you think for one second I'm buying that oversimplistic steaming pile of crap you're selling, then I've got a burning river to sell you.

Yeah. There's no way an article from a magazine based in Ohio would EVER be biased about a city in Ohio. :meds:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mister Bushice wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Yeah. There's no way an article from a magazine based in Ohio would EVER be biased about a city in Ohio. :meds:
They were citing a study done by these guys.

http://www.eiu.com/index.asp?rf=0

You were saying?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah, that's really funny. They use a list from some firm based in London that crunches numbers to determine if a city is livable. They don't actually have to go there, because of course, numbers don't lie.

Then they drop this in the article, prior to pointing out the "Fun" things to do in the city, none of which are based on having to actually live there.
Northeast Ohio's negative aspects – loss of jobs, loss of population, poor city schools – often obscure the fact that our community is rich with a variety of family-friendly gems.
So loss of Jobs, loss of Population & Poor city Schools are LESS important characteristics than seeing a baseball game, going to the park, listening to music, or dining out when it comes to determine quality of life?

Please.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

in case anybody hasn't noticed, oJigaboo is losing ground in the polls again. that 9 point lead that gave B-Monica such a boner a couple days ago is now 4 points
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:in case anybody hasn't noticed, oJigaboo is losing ground in the polls again. that 9 point lead that gave B-Monica such a boner a couple days ago is now 4 points
Wrong again Cooter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/ ... 1938.shtml

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

How did Obama handle the financial crisis better?

Didn't he also show up to vote yes along with Mccain today?

Is it possible that CBS is a bit demo-slanted?

And wasn't it Katie Couric who blindsided Palin with off the cuff questions that she bumbled through?

BTW - Couric is fake plastic evil incarnate no matter WHICH party she supports.

And - where is Biden? Why hasn't he been interviewed likewise by CBS?

Not that ANY of them are worth much of a shit, but really - I don't see where Obama "handled" anything better on this issue.

Feel free to show me those facts, though.

nor has Biden peeked out from behind what ever curtain/skirt he's hiding behind.

Well, tomorrow night might help. Might. We're fucked pretty much no matter what.

Oh and Fucking Unrack you for jumping on my ass when you thought you had solid "Cleveland is the best" facts, and then completely ignored my last post on the "having to actually live in the city of Cleveland and raise a family with confidence" part of this thread when you ran out of those fun facts.

Or did you make a day trip to Cleveland for the parks and dining experience so you could vote on it as the "bestest city ever" and thus had no extra time?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mister Bushice wrote:
And wasn't it Katie Couric who blindsided Palin with off the cuff questions that she bumbled through?
"Off the cuff questions"?
As opposed to what, pre-determined questions?
Blindsded?
You do realize that it was an "interview", right? Those questions were not particularly tough. She just couldn't answer them.

nor has Biden peeked out from behind what ever curtain/skirt he's hiding behind.
In case you haven't been following things (and apparently you haven't) Biden has been keeping a very busy schedule of campaign appearances. The fact that the networks aren't as interested in him as they are in Palin isn't his fault. Well maybe it is but to say that he's been hiding is ridiculous.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Mister Bushice wrote:How did Obama handle the financial crisis better?

Didn't he also show up to vote yes along with Mccain today?

Is it possible that CBS is a bit demo-slanted?

BTW - Couric is fake plastic evil incarnate no matter WHICH party she supports.

And - where is Biden? Why hasn't he been interviewed likewise by CBS?

Not that ANY of them are worth much of a shit, but really - I don't see where Obama "handled" anything better on this issue.

Feel free to show me those facts, though.

Well, tomorrow night might help. Might. We're fucked pretty much no matter what.

Oh and Fucking Unrack you for jumping on my ass when you thought you had solid "Cleveland is the best" facts, and then completely ignored my last post on the "having to actually live in the city of Cleveland and raise a family with confidence" part of this thread when you ran out of those fun facts.

Or did you make a day trip to Cleveland for the parks and dining experience so you could vote on it as the "bestest city ever" and thus had no extra time?
McCain had his chance by opposing the bailout and he wimped out. A real game changing opportunity slipped by and he may not get another one.

Biden is a big goofball and we all know that..but if Palin cant handle an interview with Katie C then she is in trouble. Maybe its just that time of the month or something.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110881/Gallu ... in-44.aspx

Looking at the trend line, the lead just keeps swinging back and forth. But with O mainly in front
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Mister Bushice wrote: And - where is Biden? Why hasn't he been interviewed likewise by CBS?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqBLUIJ-zYc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqBLUIJ-zYc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Cuda wrote:in case anybody hasn't noticed, oJigaboo is losing ground in the polls again. that 9 point lead that gave B-Monica such a boner a couple days ago is now 4 points
Idiot.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanm ... ml?showall

Enjoy that asskicking in November. Maybe you'll get the House and Senate back, though.

Oh, wait...

:lol: :lol: :lol: