OSU vs. USC In Game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: OSU vs. USC In Game

Post by WolverineSteve »

I put some jack on the Trojans so I would guess OSU will win.

Good luck.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

USC 38
aOSU 17
FIGHT ON!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'll be watching Oklahoma and U-Dub...don't see how SC doesn't win this one going away.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

With Wells officially out, it'll be tough for the Buckeyes to dictate the pace of the game. Brent and Herbie just touched on Pryor getting some chances to play today...interested to see what type of a factor he may be. I think of Vince Young running wild on the Trojans...USC isn't amune to the athletic QB. Pryor will have to be superhuman to help put the Buckeyes over the top in this one. Too much balance for the Trojans and those active linebackers will keep Wells' replacements at bay.

USC 35
Ohio State 17
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Shoalzie wrote:USC 35
Ohio State 17
Where have I seen that score before???
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I said it on Monday.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's so cool seeing those uniforms on the same field...this is going to be fun.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

The Toejams have been awake for 10 hours, a bye week, and at home.

$C by at least 3 TD's.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sounds like Ohio is representing out there. Anyone know how many Buckeye fans made the trip?
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Nice looking drive...good use of Pryor so far.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

First big moment of the game...Ohio State stalls out around the red zone and settles for three and the Trojans respond with a quick TD drive. Field goals aren't going to cut it against USC...especially after a long sustained drive like the one they just had.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Uncle Mo is wearing maroon and yellow...the Buckeyes need to slow this pace down.

Edit--Another nice drive for the Buckeyes but penalties kill 'em in the red zone and then come out with nothing. They can't keep doing this because USC offense looks strong ever since the second drive.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

O-H..................N-O! What an awful way to end the half.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Will this get any better?
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Got to put Pryor in for the rest of the game, Boeckman can't cut it
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The offense was better more dynamic with Pryor in the game. The basic pocket passing game isn't going to get them back in this game.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Fuck that.....this game is over.

USC is better than us in every facet. Congrads to USC and Petey.

Tressel confuses me.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Sky wrote:Tressel confuses me.

He's a stubborn SOB.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

So, Fresno State-Wisconsin over on the Deuce...that should be interesting.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

disgusting :evil:
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

The game is over..so put Pyror in. Boeckman lost his starting position.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Ohio State looks well rested.... maybe they just suck.

Michigan State will beat Ohio State when they meet and both are 6-1.

Sparty has a chance at the Big 10 title.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Blitzkrieg (German for "lightning war"listen (help·info)) is a popular name for an offensive operational-level military doctrine which involves an initial bombardment followed by the employment of motorized mobile forces attacking with speed and surprise to prevent an enemy from implementing a coherent defense
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

.m2 wrote:Ohio State looks well rested.... maybe they just suck.

Michigan State will beat Ohio State when they meet and both are 6-1.

Sparty has a chance at the Big 10 title.

Gotta love m2ool logic

Cal beat MSU, so MSU will be Big10 champ.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

We wait months for out of conference matchups like this, and this is what we get? Pathetic. Just hand the trophy to SC already.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Why hand the trophy to USC?

Because the Big 10 sucks so much that OSU is going to breeze through and get their asses handed to them again in the title game?

If so, then I agree. Might as well. No way, any other team outside of Oklahoma and USC goes undefeated this year. If OU loses a game, you know ESPN is going to hype up OSU to get a rematch with USC and it is going to be another blowout.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mr T wrote:Why hand the trophy to USC?

Because the Big 10 sucks so much that OSU is going to breeze through and get their asses handed to them again in the title game?

If so, then I agree. Might as well. No way, any other team outside of Oklahoma and USC goes undefeated this year. If OU loses a game, you know ESPN is going to hype up OSU to get a rematch with USC and it is going to be another blowout.
OU is a good team, but I'll take USC all day. All day.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'm guessing Vegas got dryfucked on this one.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

A lot of people were able to lock into 11 points or so before the Wells injury status. I'm guessing a ton more people took SC after his loss despite the spread hike. Looking at the Pick'Em thread very few people went with the Bucks outside of OSU fans.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i bet USC -7 for first half line

i liked them -10+ and thought they would beat tOSU up, so why not get the quick win
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

88 wrote:I hate this feeling. All I want to do is break shit.
I chucked a couch cushion and my slipper. When I threw the slipper, it rebounded off the wall, knocked over my bong, and spilled bongwater all over my coffee table. Serves me right.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I'd go ahead and put Pryor in. I just can't see the voters giving tOSU another shot at the championship after this. Boeckmann is not a championship-level qb, and wins maybe one more game this season than Pryor would. Might as well get Pryor started towards becoming head-cheese. Just drill into his head to play within himself and not try to play superstar and he should do OK.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

88 wrote:
.m2 wrote:
88 wrote:I hate this feeling. All I want to do is break shit.
I chucked a couch cushion and my slipper. When I threw the slipper, it rebounded off the wall, knocked over my bong, and spilled bongwater all over my coffee table. Serves me right.
Serves you right, you fucking stoner. You should be smoking out of an apple on game day, dog.
I wasn't even awake when it was 14-0. Thought it was a bad dream and tried to go back to sleep.

I don't wake and bake like I did in Kindergarten.

We'll take care of that $C monster later this year on our way to our 15th straight MNC.

Good to hear you pissed on Michigan guys lawn. I feel better just hearing about it... and I don't even hate Michigan.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Props to SC and the Trojan fans in here. You guys simply dominated every aspect of this game without much difficulty. I thought OSU's second offensive drive had their defense a little on their heels, but when you can't punch it in for 7 that's just not gonna cut it versus a team as high caliber as USC. I wanted to believe that this team had a little more fight in it, but I was way off. A healthy Beanie Wells certainly wasn't going to keep the Trojan's offense from shredding the OSU defense. Jeezus, this staff can't seem to learn from any of the mistakes from the past two seasons. Makes me sick to my stomach. This is completely unacceptable to me as a fan.

Pretty much agree with 88 and the other Buckeye posters here. As much as I appreciate the dedication to the program of guys like Laurinaitis, Jenkins & Boone for sticking around for their senior seasons, I must say that I will be happy when we move on from this group. In my opinion, this group of upper classmen unfairly inherited the tough and never-say-die reputation that the '02 team established. These guys haven't earned a damn thing except a reputation of being a soft & slow team that can't win, let alone compete, against elite competition. I hope Pryor and some of these younger kids watched closely tonight and learned that they never EVER want to experience the kind of ass-kicking that USC laid on them. They should be pissed and upset and in the faces of their teammates, but there is no leadership at all. Anyways, just my immediate postgame rant. Again, hats off to SC, they deserved the glory tonight.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

you guys need to throw in pryor and concede the season. the rage will melt away once you understand you're not going to accomplish anything of note. this is the first time ever that michigan lost and my response was: huh. it's much easier to absorb a loss when you can't say stuff like, "if only this team had some fire," or, "where's the leadership?" nope, we just suck, and, well, that's that.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

M Club wrote:you guys need to throw in pryor and concede the season. the rage will melt away once you understand you're not going to accomplish anything of note. this is the first time ever that michigan lost and my response was: huh. it's much easier to absorb a loss when you can't say stuff like, "if only this team had some fire," or, "where's the leadership?" nope, we just suck, and, well, that's that.

I feel sort of the same way as you about Michigan. Let's Pryor had chose to go to Michigan instead and he was the starting QB and they looked like a team that could win right away for Rodriguez, then I'd probably get more upset about the losses. I didn't get mad about the Utah game other than the first half and with Saturday, it was pretty much just the first quarter but the constant turnovers in the second half wore on me quite a bit as well.

If I was assured that this year would be the worst year of Rodriguez's tenure at Michigan and this year is just part of the process into this program going through this transition, I can live with it. If you're going to look at this year and think that being mediocre or bad is going to ruin your experience as a Michigan fan, well you're just being unrealistic. Honestly, how many major programs win immediately with a new coach? More importantly, do you really take the first year of a new coach's tenure seriously when you consider most of those players weren't guys that new coach recruited.

As for Ohio State, if leaving Wells out of this game means having him for the rest of the year and they win out the rest of the way...it turns out to be a good decision by Tressel. If they did play him Saturday and they still got smoked and his foot doesn't heel and in fact gets worse...it ruins the rest of their season. I think Tressel didn't want to let this one game mess up the rest of their season when they still have conference play to worry about. As for Pryor, I think they should look at splitting the snaps equally and perhaps going with Pryor for entire series and not just plays. He's nothing more than a decoy now but he could develop as a better weapon with more reps in an actual game.
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

That was a F'in joke...This team is vastly overrated on the national scale. I really wish James L, and the seniors that stayed would have left for the nfl.

What's next, I still make a run at the big 10 title but I'm playing the younger guys alot to get them experience. I hope T Pryor takes control of this team along with Brewster, Adams and the rest of the younger guys.

The first big loss (fla) killed me. The second (LSU) hurt bad. This one, I didn't feel any pain....getting used to these loses is not a good thing...................
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Fitting pic
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That would be a perfect avatar for TrojanFan...any clue on whose lid that was?

EDIT--It says Herron in the file name. Seeing the #4 for USC threw me off because I forget that both McKnight and Kevin Ellison wear #4.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Shoalzie wrote:That would be a perfect avatar for TrojanFan...any clue on whose lid that was?

EDIT--It says Herron in the file name. Seeing the #4 for USC threw me off because I forget that both McKnight and Kevin Ellison wear #4.
Yep Shoalzie it is.
FIGHT ON!