The new Metallica album...

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

The new Metallica album...

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

...actually doesn't suck, if you can believe that. It ain't Kill Em All or Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets, or even ...And Justice for All, but it's easily the best shit they've put out in 20 years. I have to give the old fuckers credit. I didn't think they had it in 'em.

Are they "back"? Hard to say, but this is the first sign of hope I've heard since I officially wrote them off shortly after midnight CST on August 13, 1991.
"Keys, woman!"
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: The new Metallica album...

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I admit I Haven't heard all of it, but from what I heard...it sounds pretty shitty...who knows maybe it will grow on me...

I am more excited for the tour since Lamb Of God will be opening up...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I'd probably leave after The Sword plays.
"Keys, woman!"
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I listened to the first three tracks on the way into work, and I gotta say, I dug it. Lars still sucks and plays beats like a beginner, and a few of the solos seemed forced, but it was at least listenable and thank god no St. Anger.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

After one full listen, color me fucking impressed from hell. I thought they were left for dead and downloaded it just to laugh.

The album from beginning to end is flat out rad. This one's gonna be on the iPod in the car for a LONG while. The matching solos, instrumental, even dork Lars double bassing it and not a lot of high hat like St. Anger...good shit.

I thought I'd grown out of my metal faze. Pssshhh. I want more now.
verbal
nine inch male

Post by verbal »

I almost hate to say it but these pussies have finally put some good shit out.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

verbal wrote:I almost hate to say it but these pussies have finally put some good shit out.
No shit, huh? I can hardly believe my ears. This might be the greatest comeback in the history of music. I'm not exaggerating. Name one other band that had sunk as low as Metallica and alienated as many longtime fans that somehow managed to pull another good album out of their asses. We're talking 17 straight years of nonstop sucking here. This is truly a remarkable accomplishment.
"Keys, woman!"
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I have heard about five or six tracks on Sirius in the last week and I concur that it actually sounded pretty good. Not enough that I will buy it yet but I'll see how it grows on me.

Everything after ...And Justice For All was fucking horrible, including the extremely overrated Black Album.