So how many of you now "root" for RICE

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: So how many of you now "root" for RICE

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:I'm sure you've hung out at many games in each conference in the country.
I've lived in SEC, ACC, Big East, and Big Ten country. Going to a game is one thing, interacting with fans on a daily basis is another. You don't have to agree with me, that's just been my personal experience.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
to the orig question, i can pull for Rice to get the W. and i love those new "R" helmets.
Anything would look better than those winged monstrosities.
i was actually baiting Lefty with that (since he was bitching about a couple weeks ago)....but that's kinda how i feel. the owl wings don't look good like (the prototype) eagle wings.

watch this: all respect to Hegel and Minerva...the owl wings look goofy.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:I havent blamed the blacks for the ills of my area but youre welcome to go look for an example.

I have two sons and live in a gated community here in Coto, the only Mexicans around here are cleaning the houses and mowing the lawns
And they're probably sucking your kids' dicks, but I'm sure that's just fine with you. You probably jack to the whole scene.
no, if the ladies who clean my house had a "Catlico" sticker on their car, I wouldnt have hired them. You dont do much to lower the closet homosexual persona of yours with posts about 11 and 12 year old boys getting blow jobs. Anything about your childhood you'd like to discuss, a certain uncle touching you where your bathing suit covered maybe? Have you grown up to be that uncle in the family?

Id add Auburn to the list of teams I hate more but the vast majority of people my family met in Auburn were very polite, they were pretty tongue in cheek before the game and gone afterwards but they weren' rude or oppessed homosexual child molesters like Papa here
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Fuck Rice.

I root only for Michigan. And my teams from the pick em to cover the spread. And whomever plays MSU. And whomever is throttling ND. And any unranked team beating a ranked one not named Michigan. And Slippery Rock. And any team playing a team ranked above Michigan.

What I don't like is when 2 teams I cannot stand play eachother. MSU/ND, OSU/USC etc. It's times like these that planes should fly into the stadiums holding these contests. :waz: :hfal:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

WolverineSteve wrote: And any team playing a team ranked above Michigan.
pretty big group these days. :evil:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

USC
South Florida
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Freaking "R" helmet blows. What the hell do you like better about the R?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

King Crimson wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote: And any team playing a team ranked above Michigan.
pretty big group these days. :evil:
Didn't say it wasn't gonna keep me busy this year.

Gonna take alot of libation to see this one through.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Left Seater wrote:Freaking "R" helmet blows. What the hell do you like better about the R?

I liked the helmets when Tommy Kramer played there.

"Why do I like the R helmets better ?"

They look better.

poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

What is worse than SEC football fan...well ACC basketball fan...I get them both...fighting a war on 2 fronts down here...UGH...

I don't mind RATIONAL fans of any team/conference...it's the ones who discount everything from said team/conference based on 1 game or etc...

again I bring up the guy I have verbally sparred with...to say OSU doesn't bring in elite talent and that OSU's talent is at best on the level of Arkansas is just plain ignorant...I think that is why the SEC gets a bad name in some respects.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

.m2 wrote:
I liked the helmets when Tommy Kramer played there.

"Why do I like the R helmets better ?"

They look better.

So then you prolly must want Cal to go back to the Green Bay look for their helmets.

As an FYI I think RICE only wore those helmets while Kramer was there. Must have been a two year deal as you don't see them in other pics.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I dig the helmet Kramer is sporting in that pic. Rice would look sharp if they pulled that style out of the storage shed.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

so, when WAS the last time Rice hung half a hunnerd on someone?

after being down 13-0, they put it on the Ponies to the tune of 56-14 with SMU scoring the only TD of the 4th q in garbage time.

Chase Clement with 345 total yards and 6 TD's for the Owls.

edit: SMU plays at Texas Tech later on, Tech might score 150.
"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Rack the Owls. Nice way to open the season what with a conference victory on National TV and all.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Left Seater wrote:Rack the Owls. Nice way to open the season what with a conference victory on National TV and all.

Yep, they were rusty early, but pulled themselves together at halfway through the 1st quarter.

They still have some issues at defense when they face QBs that aren't nearly as green as Mitchell. I do, however, think the defense will be improved and will make noise in C-USA this season.

It's literally a toss up in the West this year because UofH, Tulsa, and Rice all are capable of winning that division. I still give UofH the edge only because their schedule lines up perfect this season. Who knows, that final game of the season between the Coogs and Owls could decide who plays in the C-USA championship game.

It would be something to see a sellout at Rice on the final game of the season.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Yep, I root for rice and namibia now.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PSUFAN wrote:Yep, I root for rice and namibia now.
Vandy is going to stick it to Rice.

Commodores are unbeatable at home.
"
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

SoCalTrjn wrote:did you go to OU also because it would be odd to have gone to one school yet cheer for another
Not really. That's about 95% of scU-M fans for you and about 99% of people who went to MAC schools. This is about the most solid post you've ever made, tard.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Vandy is facing Rice? Now I'm conflicted.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:did you go to OU also because it would be odd to have gone to one school yet cheer for another
Not really. That's about 95% of scU-M fans for you and about 99% of people who went to MAC schools. This is about the most solid post you've ever made, tard.
MAC schools or Michigan State. I know of a few Michigan fans that couldn't get into Michigan and went to MSU. Who cares where they went to school? You don't have to go to a school to be a fan of that program. If you couldn't get into Michigan or were offered a scholarship elsewhere, that doesn't make you any less of a fan.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
I think the answer to that depends upon the perspective of the particular schools in question.

To flush out that answer a bit more thoroughly, I can understand why most students/alumni of MAC schools root for another team. I can also understand that about people who went to SUNY schools, since SUNY teams are even more pathetic than the MAC (Buffalo is the only SUNY school in Division I, including 1-AA IIRC, and they're a traditional MAC bottom-feeder), although most SUNY students/alums typically root for the Bills, Giants or Jets as their "college" team. I can even understand that at a school like Michigan State, if the person's first choice was, say, Michigan or Notre Dame, and they didn't get accepted to that school.

I can also understand King Crimson rooting for Oklahoma despite attending Vandy, and it becomes even more understandable when you factor in his family ties to OU.

Where it becomes hard to comprehend, though, is when you're talking about a school like ND. When I was a student at ND, I was amazed at the number of students who didn't root for ND first and foremost. Some of them were children of college professors at other schools who went to ND under a reciprocal admissions agreement between ND and their parent's employer. Still, it always seemed to me that if you were at ND, you should root for ND, period.

In fairness to Schmick, I think he's looking at it from the USC perspective, and for that reason, he's confused as to why a person would attend USC and root for another school, much like I was when it came to ND.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

I root for OSU and any of State's opponents outside of the following:

- Always against USC, CAL, UCLA, FSU, Miami, and ND (I hate Weiss)
- I used to hate Florida but I kind of fell in love with Tebow so now I like to see him do well

I think we all like underdogs upsetting the big guys
I always root for the Big10 vs OOC opponents

I also have a soft spot for Texas, Mizzou, and the real Miami (of Ohio) even though they suck.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sky wrote:I used to hate Florida but I kind of fell in love with Tebow so now I like to see him do well
:?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

RICE will have a lot on their mind when the game kicks off. Still they need to stick it up some Comm ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'd been a Sooner fan for 17 years (with 10 years of home football and basketball games under my belt) the first day i set foot on campus at Vanderbilt.
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Before the pile gets too thick...sky, are you a girl?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

PSUFAN wrote:Before the pile gets too thick...sky, are you a girl?
OTOH, if he had said Tebow's girlfriend . . .

War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: OTOH, if he had said Tebow's girlfriend . . .
Uh yeah, yeah, that is what I meant. His girlfriend.

No really, he is a stand up guy who realizes there is a lot more to life than football. If anyone was going to tie Archie, I would be happy it is someone with his moral content.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Back on topic ... yeah, I've been a Penn State fan since about 2001.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I've been Tebow's sworn enemy since seeing that pic. Yes, I'm jealous...really jealous.

I often think of the CFB games in terms of the folks here.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Sky wrote: - I used to hate Florida but I kind of fell in love with Tebow so now I like to see him do well
If I ever see him, I will give him a link to the website and maybe y'all can hook up.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.