Despite the playa hatin'....Locks of the week

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Despite the playa hatin'....Locks of the week

Post by TheJON »

5-5 so far so let's keep my "barely getting beat by the oddsmakers" picks going......

Okay, so I finally signed up for a Betus.com account. $110.....I'm betting $11 on each game (10 games). Once I bust out, I'm done. Not a big gambler, but thought it would be interesting just to see how far I can take it. Here are the 10 games I bet on.....

1.Ball State -7
2.Northwestern -6.5
3.Miami +22 1/2
4.Georgia -24
5.Oregon State +15
6.San Diego State +21 1/2
7.Michigan State -21
8.West Virginia -8
9.San Jose State +26 1/2
10.Iowa -26 1/2
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Re: Despite the playa hatin'....Locks of the week

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Thanks for picking San Jose St.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

You're welcome. I kinda like Pelini, so I thought I'd help the guy out!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

JON -- why don't you participate in the T1B Pick Em? If you're going to select 10 games anyway, might as well copy and paste.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

1.Ball State -7
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

No break downs? Thanks for taking SDSU.

The easy money this week is the BC/GT game (take GT), whomever is playing Washington, and Notre Dame to cover the SDSU spread.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

TheJON wrote:5-5 so far so let's keep my "barely getting beat by the oddsmakers" picks going......

Okay, so I finally signed up for a Betus.com account. $110.....I'm betting $11 on each game (10 games). Once I bust out, I'm done. Not a big gambler, but thought it would be interesting just to see how far I can take it. Here are the 10 games I bet on.....

1.Ball State -7
2.Northwestern -6.5
3.Miami +22 1/2
4.Georgia -24
5.Oregon State +15
6.San Diego State +21 1/2
7.Michigan State -21
8.West Virginia -8
9.San Jose State +26 1/2
10.Iowa -26 1/2
if you were betting the games me and SC were giving in gambling forum, you would already be cashing out, ahead a couple of bills.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I'm at $111 in my account after one game. What's up with their "bonus" program? I have bonus dollars that I can't use until I bust out apparently. Lame. What if you never bust out? Can you cash out those dollars?
if you were betting the games me and SC were giving in gambling forum, you would already be cashing out, ahead a couple of bills.
I don't want other people's picks. That would ruin the fun. I'm trying to see how far I can take $100 on my own.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Killian wrote:No break downs? Thanks for taking SDSU.
My thoughts exactly.
The easy money this week is the BC/GT game (take GT), whomever is playing Washington, and Notre Dame to cover the SDSU spread.
Not that I'd ever pretend to be the expert on this topic, and bowing to your 9-1 record last week, I still can't completely get onboard with this.

Fredo giving up 7 1/2 makes Georgia Tech a tempting bet. But Johnson is going to install the same offense (apparently) at Georgia Tech as he did at Navy, so it remains to be seen whether he'll win at the ACC level with that.

I did take BYU @ Washington - 6 1/2. I should note, however, that BYU appears to be the non-BCS team most capable of making noise, at least right now.

ND - 21 1/2 vs. SDSU? Hmmm. Start out with the obvious: SDSU is even worse than I thought (they lost to Cal Poly last week), and ND should win this game relatively easily. That having been said, however, while I do think ND will be improved this season, particularly on the offensive side of the ball, I am mindful of how completely inept the offensive line play was last season, and for that reason, I'm reluctant to give 21 1/2 points to anybody. I stayed away from this one.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't know about Georgia against the number but definitely take the over. There will be a lot of points scored in that one.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Jon, you have got to be like, 20, 21 years old by now. Why do you keep doing this to yourself; posting your "picks" on this board like this? I mean, you've been posting here since you were 10 and you still haven't learned ANYTHING? In fact, based off of your stellar, "the reason Vegas has such pretty lights" 5-5 showing last week, you should probably stop calling them locks. Try "flops." It sounds similar, and it's much, much more accurate.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I'm 6-2 thus far on my picks this week (looking good in the other 2) and you come with that crap??

Pulled a 6-0 week in my Pick 6 league and won $50 because of it (1 of the games was NFL game).