McCain's Veep

The best of the best
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Re: McCain's Veep

Post by JayDuck »

War Wagon wrote:
JayDuck wrote: He was behind by 1, when the convention started.
Oh great, here comes B_Duck with his convincing poll graphs again.

Well son, rememeber when you said something incredibly stupid to the effect that in order for McCain to win, he'd have to be ahead in the polls at some point?
I sure do and it was right around the same time I said that I had no idea if Obama could win the election or not and that I thought it would be close.

McCain did take the lead at one point, which is something he would have to do if he wanted to win. Something he couldn't do, if he wanted to win was make the dumbfucked, non vetted, VP choice that he did.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/0 ... 23297.html
Palestinian Attack In Israel Part of God's Judgment, Said Recent Guest At Palin's Church

After several months of scrutinizing Barack Obama's former place of worship, reporters are now taking a close look at Alaskan churches frequented by presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

As the Huffington Post reported earlier Tuesday, Palin addressed a gathering at the Wasilla Assembly of God, asking them to pray for oil pipeline development and "God's will" in Iraq. Meanwhile, the Boston Herald and Newsweek have both identified Wasilla Bible Church as the Alaska Governor's most recent church. And it was at that Bible Church where a recent guest described a Palestinian attack on Israeli citizens as part of God's judgment coming to pass on Earth -- an analysis likely troubling both to Jews, as well as to mainstream foreign policy analysts.

Describing a trip by his son to Jerusalem, Jews for Jesus founder David Brickner described the a July Palestinian bulldozer attack against Israeli civilians as part of God's "judgment."

That speech, from August 17, is posted on the church's website, along with all other recent addresses delivered to the congregation.

In a talk entitled "The Jerusalem Dilemma," Brickner also went on to describe all of the problems in the Middle East as related to Jerusalem. "But what we see in Israel, the conflict that is spilled through the Middle East, really which is all about Jerusalem, is an ongoing reflection of the fact that there is judgment," Brickner told Palin's church, adding: "Judgment is very real and we see it played out on the pages of the newspapers and on the television. It's very real. When Isaac was in Jerusalem he was there to witness some of that judgment, some of that conflict, when a Palestinian from East Jerusalem took a bulldozer and went plowing through a score of cars, killing numbers of people. Judgment -- you can't miss it."
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Cuda wrote:how are those new thinner government-issue trash bags working out for you?
They've made them thinner so your mother could feel a bit more sensitivity.

Seriously. Bin-bag Smack? That's the best you could come up with?
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

So how far ahead was Dukakis after his convention?

A whole lot of stupid going on here. Can't wait to see some lefty heads imploding come november.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Palin addressed a gathering at the Wasilla Assembly of God, asking them to pray for oil pipeline development and "God's will" in Iraq.
that's right, we'll just leave it in God's hands

out of the 350 million people in this country you mean to tell me this is the best candidate McCain could come up with

Obama is going to landslide this election
get out, get out while there's still time
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Diogenes wrote:Can't wait to see some lefty heads imploding come november.
Me too, but right now, it's fun watching you twitch
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JayDuck wrote: Palestinian Attack In Israel Part of God's Judgment, Said Recent Guest At Palin's Church.
So now you're trying to equate a guest speaker at Palin's church with Obama's pastor and mentor of 20 years?

:lol:

This just keeps getting better.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

War Wagon wrote:
JayDuck wrote: Palestinian Attack In Israel Part of God's Judgment, Said Recent Guest At Palin's Church.
So now you're trying to equate a guest speaker at Palin's church with Obama's pastor and mentor of 20 years?
I am?

No, actually I'm not equating anything to anyone. Just another in the long list of things that keeps popping out about Palin that are hurting the McCain/Palin ticket.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Team McCain Hits Back on Palin, Vetting [Byron York]

Had a long talk this morning with a senior strategist in the McCain campaign. I think it’s fair to say Team McCain is seriously unhappy with a New York Times story, “Palin Disclosures Raise Questions On Vetting,” which came out this morning and is driving much of the coverage of the issue. The story begins:

A series of disclosures about Gov. Sarah Palin, Senator John McCain’s choice as running mate, called into question on Monday how thoroughly Mr. McCain had examined her background before putting her on the Republican presidential ticket.

On Monday morning, Ms. Palin and her husband, Todd, issued a statement saying that their 17-year-old unmarried daughter, Bristol, was five months pregnant and that she intended to marry the father.

Among other less attention-grabbing news of the day: it was learned that Ms. Palin now has a private lawyer in a legislative ethics investigation in Alaska into whether she abused her power in dismissing the state’s public safety commissioner; that she was a member for two years in the 1990s of the Alaska Independence Party, which has at times sought a vote on whether the state should secede; and that Mr. Palin was arrested 22 years ago on a drunken-driving charge.

The story, my campaign source told me, is “materially false.” Gov. Palin, the strategist said, was subjected to a “complete vet.” “That included her filling out a 70-question questionnaire that was highly intrusive and personal. She was then interviewed for more than three hours by A.B. Culvahouse. There were multiple follow-up interviews.” (I asked precisely how many follow-ups there were, but my source stuck with “multiple.”) “There was a thorough interview process,” the strategist continued. “There was a public records search and political vet. There was a private life and financial vet. Everything that has come out was known by the campaign through the vetting process.”

Okay. What about particulars? The strategist started at the bottom and moved up.

“Todd’s DUI — we judged that to be immaterial to the selection process. The ticket for fishing without a license — we judged that to be immaterial to the selection process.” On the charge that Palin was a member of the Alaska Independence Party, the strategist said, flatly, “She was never a member of the independence party, because she has been a registered Republican.” (Later, the McCain camp put out a statement saying it had provided reporters with “ALL voter registration documentation” showing that Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982 and “has never been a member of the AIP.”) And on the issue of Palin’s daughter Bristol being pregnant: “John McCain made a decision that did not affect his decision-making in terms of her qualifications.” (As far as the allegation that Gov. Palin faked a pregnancy to cover up for her daughter is concerned, it appears the McCain campaign knew about it and looked into it, but never very deeply because it had been proven false to the satisfaction of pretty much anyone outside The Atlantic or the DailyKos.)

From our conversation, it was clear that the McCain campaign paid a lot of attention to the so-called “Troopergate” issue. After all, unlike the “fake baby” story that has preoccupied the press, it is a real issue involving allegations that Palin abused her power. Last night, the McCain campaign distributed a "background guidance" memo to reporters on the issue. In our conversation, the strategist recounted much of the substance of that memo.

“Of course this issue came up in the vetting, and this is what we discovered,” the source said. “The man who was fired has said on the record that he was never pressured by the governor or the governor’s husband on the issue of firing Trooper Wooten. The governor had a vision for how she wanted that department to be run. The commissioner had a different vision.”

“The reason that members of the Palin family were having discussions with the head of the state police about this state trooper, who was her ex-brother-in-law, was because he had made threats against the family. He threatened to kill the governor's daughter, her father, and her sister. He tasered her 11-year-old stepson. And that is why the Palin family was concerned about this trooper.”

I brought up accusations that the McCain team has performed a “legal vet” on Palin but did not perform a “political vet.” In addition to the accusation that Palin had been a member of the Alaska Independence Party, there were issues like her change in position on the “bridge to nowhere” and her support for raising sales taxes in Wasilla, Alaska. “Change on the ‘bridge to nowhere?’” my source asked. “Are you saying there’s somebody out there who believes that should disqualify her to be vice president?” Barack Obama has changed his mind on a few things, the strategist added. As for sales taxes in Wasilla, the source said, “Every aspect of her political record is known to us. These people [McCain’s opponents] are desperate.”

As for what materials the campaign examined in the vetting, the source told me they checked out (almost) everything. “The only thing the campaign did not look at was the microfilm of the local newspaper, because it was impossible to look at the microfilm without revealing the search process,” the strategist said. “We made a calculation that we would be able to get all the information from the Anchorage newspaper, that it was unlikely that there would be items in the local papers that were problematic that didn’t make it to the Anchorage paper.”
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... E2NGNmNjY=

You're welcome, morons.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Damage control of the highest caliber. Bravo.
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote: out of the 350 million people in this country you mean to tell me this is the best candidate McCain could come up with
Yeah, it's outrageous that you weren't vetted.
Obama is going to landslide this election
You creamed your greenjeans when you typed that, which explains the lack of punctuation. Go take a hot shower.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

War Wagon wrote: You creamed your greenjeans when you typed that, which explains the lack of punctuation.
Uhhhh...Tom already ran me with that a few pages ago...

Jeeez...the needle sure is starting to skip with you guys, isn't it?
Why don’t you just STFU.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

The funniest part of all this "discussion"?

The FACT that tree-hugging mortal tools like GayDuck and Martina will never figure out the truly big picture here:

A BLACK GUY WILL NOT BE ELECTED TO THE WHITE HOUSE ANYTIME SOON. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

You vag discharges can post up all the polls and graphs and links you want to dispute it, but McCain/Palin will have the ultimate SCOREBOARD in November. Mark it down, bitches.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Diogenes wrote: You're welcome, morons.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/us/po ... ref=slogin
ST. PAUL — A series of disclosures about Gov. Sarah Palin, Senator John McCain’s choice as running mate, called into question on Monday how thoroughly Mr. McCain had examined her background before putting her on the Republican presidential ticket.

On Monday morning, Ms. Palin and her husband, Todd, issued a statement saying that their 17-year-old unmarried daughter, Bristol, was five months pregnant and that she intended to marry the father.

Among other less attention-grabbing news of the day: it was learned that Ms. Palin now has a private lawyer in a legislative ethics investigation in Alaska into whether she abused her power in dismissing the state’s public safety commissioner; that she was a member for two years in the 1990s of the Alaska Independence Party, which has at times sought a vote on whether the state should secede; and that Mr. Palin was arrested 22 years ago on a drunken-driving charge.

-snip-

At the least, Republicans close to the campaign said it was increasingly apparent that Ms. Palin had been selected as Mr. McCain’s running mate with more haste than McCain advisers initially described.

-snip-

With time running out — and as Mr. McCain discarded two safer choices, Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota and former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, as too predictable — he turned to Ms. Palin. He had his first face-to-face interview with her on Thursday and offered her the job moments later. Advisers to Mr. Pawlenty and another of the finalists on Mr. McCain’s list described an intensive vetting process for those candidates that lasted one to two months.

“They didn’t seriously consider her until four or five days from the time she was picked, before she was asked, maybe the Thursday or Friday before,” said a Republican close to the campaign. “This was really kind of rushed at the end, because John didn’t get what he wanted. He wanted to do Joe or Ridge.”

-snip-
People familiar with the process said Ms. Palin had responded to a standard form with more than 70 questions. Although The Washington Post quoted advisers to Mr. McCain on Sunday as saying Ms. Palin had been subjected to an F.B.I. background check, an F.B.I. official said Monday the bureau did not vet potential candidates and had not known of her selection until it was made public.

-snip-
In Alaska, several state leaders and local officials said they knew of no efforts by the McCain campaign to find out more information about Ms. Palin before the announcement of her selection, Although campaigns are typically discreet when they make inquiries into potential running mates, officials in Alaska said Monday they thought it was peculiar that no one in the state had the slightest hint that Ms. Palin might be under consideration.

“They didn’t speak to anyone in the Legislature, they didn’t speak to anyone in the business community,” said Lyda Green, the State Senate president, who lives in Wasilla, where Ms. Palin served as mayor.

Representative Gail Phillips, a Republican and former speaker of the State House, said the widespread surprise in Alaska when Ms. Palin was named to the ticket made her wonder how intensively the McCain campaign had vetted her.

“I started calling around and asking, and I have not been able to find one person that was called,” Ms. Phillips said. “I called 30 to 40 people, political leaders, business leaders, community leaders. Not one of them had heard. Alaska is a very small community, we know people all over, but I haven’t found anybody who was asked anything.”

The current mayor of Wasilla, Dianne M. Keller, said she had not heard of any efforts to look into Ms. Palin’s background. And Randy Ruedrich, the state Republican Party chairman, said he knew nothing of any vetting that had been conducted.

State Senator Hollis French, a Democrat who is directing the ethics investigation, said that no one asked him about the allegations. “I heard not a word, not a single contact,” he said.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

RevLimiter wrote:The funniest part of all this "discussion"?

The FACT that tree-hugging mortal tools like GayDuck and Martina will never figure out the truly big picture here:

A BLACK GUY WILL NOT BE ELECTED TO THE WHITE HOUSE ANYTIME SOON. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

You vag discharges can post up all the polls and graphs and links you want to dispute it, but McCain/Palin will have the ultimate SCOREBOARD in November. Mark it down, bitches.
This post makes you look ridiculous in many ways. Shall I count them?
Why don’t you just STFU.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

That's actually just what makes McCain's dumbfuckery so amusing. It shouldn't be all that hard to beat a black guy running for president based on the millions that would vote against him for nothing more than being black.

Despite the relatively easy victory he should have been able to get, he's managed to make just the wrong choices along the way that he's actually going to pull off the miraculous loss.

But, if you say it in an even bolder and bigger font type, next time, perhaps you'll make it true.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JayDuck wrote: No, actually I'm not equating anything to anyone. Just another in the long list of things that keeps popping out about Palin that are hurting the McCain/Palin ticket.
My bad, I didn't realize you were just an objective observer here. I mean, why else would someone quote an article from the Huffington post? I do that all the time, right along with the dailykos.

By all means, keep us updated with such unbiased, pertinent information. I hear CNN has a website. You should really check out Jack Cafferty. No axes to grind whatsoever.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

JayDuck wrote:...
A little friendly advice. You win nothing by getting into a cut 'n paste war with these troglodytes.

You have your boot on their neck. Mud, real or imagined, sticks just the same.

Go for the kill, you faggot pussy Democrats.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

JayDuck wrote:
That's actually just what makes McCain's dumbfuckery so amusing.

come on, cut the guy some slack..after all, he met her at least twice and she's got vast political experience what with being the mayor of a town of 7,000+ and 20 months as the governor of a state with a population equal to that of many California cities...

if that doesn't scream vice-presidential (a bad heartbeat away from the Presidency) material tell me what does
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

all this "i'm not *baaaa* partisan but you're *baaa* a partisan sheep *baaa*" has been comical. face it, palin wasn't vetted very carefully and now there's a host of shit to spin. imagine how much there'd be if she weren't so experienced fighting on the front lines of the alaskan frontier with all the other gwb-like fighter pilots in the ang. she and her not-penis were rolled out specifically to say hillary's a cool chick, come vote for this pile of melanoma, but since it took all of two days for that to be booed out of her stump speech the repubz are left justifying a whole lot of [.....empty space.....].
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JayDuck wrote: Despite the relatively easy victory he should have been able to get, he's managed to make just the wrong choices along the way that he's actually going to pull off the miraculous loss.
You tried this tack before and you're still pissing into the wind.... and all over yourself

If anything, the dems should have the relatively easy victory due to the irrational hatred of Bush and the close proximity of McCain to those policies.

The fact that the Dems have anything but a walkover in this election points to the fact they nominated Bozo the clown for president.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

War Wagon wrote:...the irrational hatred of Bush...

wow...just.............
Why don’t you just STFU.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:if that doesn't scream vice-presidential (a bad heartbeat away from the Presidency) material tell me what does
Of course her real experience dwarfs that of the jug-eared n...igger halfwit you've got. Onogga's only noteworthy accomplishment is talking about Onogga.
running a presidential campaign while simultaneously working in the us senate, not to mention whatever shady dealings he has going on the side, counts as far more experience than the trailer park palin was running that all you dittos are trying to pass off as executive experience.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Martyred wrote:
wow...just.............
I'm part of the 28%, Marty... and nobody has a boot on my neck.

I'd vote for him again.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Martyred wrote:

This post makes you look ridiculous in many ways. Shall I count them?
We'll see in early November, won't we?
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

War Wagon wrote:
Martyred wrote:
wow...just.............
I'm part of the 28%, Marty... and nobody has a boot on my neck.

I'd vote for him again.
boot, neck, dick, throat...what's the difference?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Of course her real experience dwarfs that of the jug-eared n...igger halfwit you've got. Onogga's only noteworthy accomplishment is talking about Onogga.
where did you get the idea that I'm an Obama supporter?
I was by no means sold on the whole "change" vacuous package Obama is selling, but McCain's choice for VP pretty much sealed the deal for me

McCain's choice is simply stupidity personified
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

M Club wrote: running a presidential campaign while simultaneously working in the us senate...
Bwahahahahahaha!

What has Obama done in the Senate other than vote "present"?

You've certified your "clueless dumbfuck" credentials, not that they needed any vetting.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

inane ramblings, as in the opposite of what some kc douche thinks? hardly. if you could read you'd have caught that i said obama's experience is far more impressive than palin's, not that he had so much of his own. ohh, she ran a trailer park. ohh, she's close to russia. ohh, she's the commander-in-chief of an organization deployed so forward that she actually doesn't do much save tell them to dig someone out of the occasional avalanche. you're reaching.

as far as "present" goes, he's done so much more often than mccain has during this campaign, and when mccain bothers to show it's just to say, what george said.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

RevLimiter wrote: We'll see in early November, won't we?
You confuse me for someone that thinks Obama can or should win.
Why don’t you just STFU.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i will credit mccain for prudent management, though. why pay for a thorough vetting when you can have the media do it for you?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Marty, that wasn't "running" you, we're pals man. I was just shocked to see such rookie mistakes, you were just over excited and chuckling as you typed and couldn't wait to get that zinger in - I understand man.

m club,

Who says she wasn't vetted and the decision was to select her any way ? She's already worth her weight in gold considering that all the crying, bedwetting and sophistry from the left will display once and for all - again - if it wasn't for DOUBLE STANDARDS, the DNC wouldn't have any standards at all.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Martyred wrote:
Then why do you act like you got a dog in this fight?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:
Martyred wrote:
To put it in terms you can understand, he's playing the Devils Food advocate.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

M Club wrote:...obama's experience is far more impressive than palin's
Really? How so? Please, detail this impressive experience. Throw in any accomplishments while you're at it... prior to managing to get nominated, that is.

Jeebus, this is like shooting fish in a barrel. No wonder the incompetent Dem party gets throttled election cycle after election cycle. You're a bunch of caterwauling children trying to sit at the grownups table. And once you do finally grow-up, you'll want to change seats.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

RevLimiter wrote:
Martyred wrote:
Numbnuts, I already explained.
Watching you mouth-breathers tear each other apart is sport.

Obama and McCain are two sticks on the same Popsicle.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Tom In VA wrote:Marty, that wasn't "running" you, we're pals man. I was just shocked to see such rookie mistakes...

Sometimes in life Tom, we fall. It's just good to know that there are good friends like you around to help a buddy pick himself up.

I'm honoured to post here knowing you are a member as well.

:)
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote: Then why do you act like you got a dog in this fight?
To put it in terms you can understand, he's playing the Devils Food advocate.
You know that porn video were the pizza guy shows up to the chick's house...and when she opens the pizza box, his dick is sticking up through the middle of the pie? She then tears the pizza apart and starts sucking the guy's dick...

Well...Paul sees the pizza...and he sees the dick...but the pizza is delicious...but then there's the whole "dick business"...but man, that pizza, it looks sooooo good...but the dick...

Like a squirrel running around a tree trunk, thinking another squirrel is chasing him, Bri. A never ending conundrum....
Why don’t you just STFU.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Tom In VA wrote:m club,

Who says she wasn't vetted and the decision was to select her any way ? She's already worth her weight in gold considering that all the crying, bedwetting and sophistry from the left will display once and for all - again - if it wasn't for DOUBLE STANDARDS, the DNC wouldn't have any standards at all.
if crying, bedwetting, and sophistry from the right or left is what we're after, then obama's shitting golden eggs.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Martyred wrote: Watching you mouth-breathers tear each other apart is sport.
You should see me argue with my wife.

The "make-up" is awesome.