Just pickup up a new ride.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Just pickup up a new ride.

Post by smackaholic »

For the first time in my 45 years (second for the OL) my new ride actually is new.

It is a shiny pearl white 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It is the base model, 4 banger 5 speed stick. Nice thing about Hyundais though, is a stripped down no option rig includes CD w/XM/AM/FM/USB/Ipod ports, cruise, power windows, locks, ABS, traction control, stability control.

We did add a few things. We got an interior/exterior treatment that means when the interior gets shitted up to the point it won't come clean, they replace it. We also paid to extend the bumper to bumper from 5-60 to match the 10 year/100K mile drivetrain warranty.

Not really sure if the 1700 hundred bucks for the bumper to bumper extension was money well spent, but, I guess I will find out in 10 years.

My apologies for putting two more of fat paul's neighbors in the soup line by not buying a ford or chebby, but, I really did give them a good look. They just can't match the hyundai's value, imo. I was real close to pulling the trigger on a sweet 07 fusion with 9K miles on it sitting at the local ford store, but, they wouldn't move more than 700-800 bucks off the 16.8 asking price. That car has sat there for a few months and will probably sit a few more before they drop it down to the 14 it might be worth.

BTW, I think I got over. Paid 15,500 plus tax/title. Make that 17 and change with the extended bumper to bumper.
Last edited by smackaholic on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Just pickup up a new ride.

Post by Mikey »

Nice. I bought a new white 2007 Sonata in Nov '06. Sounds a lot like yours but I got the V6 rocket w/ auto. Plus it has a power sun/moonroof. No satellite radio or USB ipod shite either. Love the car. There's plenty of room for four full size adults.

I just turned 40K on it and am replacing the rubber this week. I put down the extra $$ for the extended bumper to bumper as well. Mine went out the door for $20K, which also included a security system. Haven't had a single problem except for two burned out headlamps, which they replaced under warranty. Ask me in another 40K, though.

Still have the Superduty, but it mostly sits in the driveway. Used it to pick up some new furniture last week.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i needed a work vehicle, so bought a 99 mercury mountaineer for 2000$. 58,000 miles. all papers and all service papers in glove box.

Uncles father passed away and i offered 2000K, they accepted. excellent condition. looks brand new.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote: .

BTW, I think I got over. Paid 15,500 plus tax/title. Make that 17 and change with the extended bumper to bumper.
No ...you didn't. The dealer did.

Try buying a car 3 years old and let some else take the depreciation in the ass.

War paid for cars.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote: It is a shiny pearl white 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It is the base model, 4 banger 5 speed stick.
Enjoy your piece of shit.

Nice job springing for the extended warranty that you probably financed, you fucking idiot. The salesman and finance manager just made their weekly quota on your lack of confidence in their product and are buying drinks at the local bar on your dime.

Let me guess... when you walked onto the dealers lot, the salesman asked you what you wanted your monthly payments to be... and you told him what you could afford.

Shoulda' looked at a 2007 Grand Prix program car still under warranty for about 2k less. You know, a real fucking car under your ass instead of some cardboard box.

Anyone who buys or drives a foreign car can go fuck themselves. Wait... no need... you just did.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:Nice. I bought a new white 2007 Sonata in Nov '06. Sounds a lot like yours but I got the V6 rocket w/ auto. Plus it has a power sun/moonroof. No satellite radio or USB ipod shite either. Love the car. There's plenty of room for four full size adults.

I just turned 40K on it and am replacing the rubber this week. I put down the extra $$ for the extended bumper to bumper as well. Mine went out the door for $20K, which also included a security system. Haven't had a single problem except for two burned out headlamps, which they replaced under warranty. Ask me in another 40K, though.

Still have the Superduty, but it mostly sits in the driveway. Used it to pick up some new furniture last week.
20K for the six and a roof ain't bad. I like roof and have had them before, but, you do give up heda room and they eventually loosen up and start whistling, so we passed.

Have you seen the '09 interior mikey? It's pretty shweet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Derron wrote:
smackaholic wrote: .

No ...you didn't. The dealer did.

Try buying a car 3 years old and let some else take the depreciation in the ass.

War paid for cars.
I am the biggest fan of paid for cars there is. I have a paid for 97 mercury villager, 91 accord, 86 toyota RV, 85 fj1100 and 2 trek bicycle

And no, I did not shop for monthly payments. I got the price settled first, then talked financin.

As for paying for the extended bumper to bumper, you may be right. 1700 in the bank for 5 years might finance whatever breaks during that time. We shall see.

As for 3 year old similar stuff, I did look at it rather closely. But, the depreciation on the stuff I was interested in, really wasn't as much as I had hoped for. I really did like that fusion, but, it was priced right there with the new sonata. So it came down to 100K/10yr warranty vs balance of 3/36. Game set and match, hyundai.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:
smackaholic wrote: It is a shiny pearl white 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It is the base model, 4 banger 5 speed stick.
Enjoy your piece of shit.

Nice job springing for the extended warranty that you probably financed, you fucking idiot. The salesman and finance manager just made their weekly quota on your lack of confidence in their product and are buying drinks at the local bar on your dime.

Let me guess... when you walked onto the dealers lot, the salesman asked you what you wanted your monthly payments to be... and you told him what you could afford.

Shoulda' looked at a 2007 Grand Prix program car still under warranty for about 2k less. You know, a real fucking car under your ass instead of some cardboard box.

Anyone who buys or drives a foreign car can go fuck themselves. Wait... no need... you just did.
Don't so much like the older gen GMs. And the warranty doesn't even come close.

If I am in the market for another rig in 3 years though, you can bet your ass that I will look at a 3 year old malibu. Let's just hope their resale plunges as quickly as their forebearers.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Nice thing about Hyundais
There is one?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I've actually had decent luck with fords and the fusions have a pretty good rep, so far. But the used ones are bringing pretty good money, or atleast that's what they are asking.

I did throw around the idea of stealing an SUV for nothing and hoping that when the evil bush/cheney reign is over, gas would go back to 39 cents a gallon like it was when willie ran the show. I saw an '05 navigator with 28K on it listed for 16K. That had to be a 60K or close rig when new.

But then I realized that the nearly as evil (and way more bitter)McCain will win and gas will cost more per gallon than a double latte at starbucks.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Nice job springing for the extended warranty that you probably financed, you fucking idiot. The salesman and finance manager just made their weekly quota on your lack of confidence in their product and are buying drinks at the local bar on your dime.
I worked in the car business for 5 years. The finance guy always made the most money. That extended warranty probably cost the dealership about $350. If the warranty company is still in business 4 years from now, you might get some of your money back. But you might not have much use for the warranty, as the Hyundai is a far superior car to a Grand Pricks.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

War Wagon wrote:
Anyone who buys or drives a foreign car can go fuck themselves.
You tell them! Why would anyone want to buy a foreign car? What kind of crazy person wants better quality for a better price? That's just crazy talk!

Nice job choosing the Grand Prix as the car that he should have got. Who doesn't want completely and utterly average in every way imaginable? The Sonata is, by far, the much better reviewed and received vehicle.

Nice 70's and 80's mentality, fuckwad.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:If it had been for me, it woulda had the black interior and a manual tranny...
At least you're not AP.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Smack,
Wife had a '02 Santa Fe, we had to use the warranty once in 5-years (after having the car for a couple of months) for a seatbelt that didn't autolock. So I may have to say you got robbed on the extended warrenty, but made a good choice in vehicles. Sounds like a great price as well.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Sup Sam?

Yea, I'm still above ground, but barely.

Sweet ride for the Mrs. BTW. I traded Mrs. TWIS's Santa Fe in for an '07 Kia Sedona last summer, we needed the extra room of mini-van. She wasn't (still isn't) exactly thrilled, but at least I still have my 4Runner.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:If it had been for me, it woulda had the black interior and a manual tranny...
At least you're not AP.
I guess I really shoulda spelled out transmission. :shock:
Yeah, and if it had been for Pickle, it would have had the manual interior and the black tranny.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:Enjoy your piece of shit.

My thoughts EXACTLY.
Sudden Sam wrote:I'm staying outta this one.
No you're not...the rest of your post says otherwise.
My hard-earned dollars won't go anywhere but to Honda and/or Toyota, thank you. Anything but an American car.
Duly noted, Comrade Sam. :meds:

Oh, and props I GUESS Smacky....you can rest easy at night now knowing that you helped put a FRESH roast dog on some Korean's dinner table. :meds: :meds: :meds:
smackaholic wrote:BTW, I think I got over. Paid 15,500 plus tax/title. Make that 17 and change with the extended bumper to bumper.
Like Wags said, they got over on YOU- 2008 Malibus (which are winning automotive awards right and left, BTW) are selling for that right now with GM's Employee Pricing for Everyone program.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

The Sonata is built in Alabama, Honda's been building Accords in Ohio for over 20 years and Toyota has been making Camrys in Kentucky since 1988. The Acura TL is assembled in Marysville, Ohio, and is exported to China, Canada and Mexico. You FAT fucking RETARD.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Nice job springing for the extended warranty that you probably financed, you fucking idiot. The salesman and finance manager just made their weekly quota on your lack of confidence in their product and are buying drinks at the local bar on your dime.
I worked in the car business for 5 years. The finance guy always made the most money. That extended warranty probably cost the dealership about $350. If the warranty company is still in business 4 years from now, you might get some of your money back. But you might not have much use for the warranty, as the Hyundai is a far superior car to a Grand Pricks.
The standard Hyundai warranty is 5 years and 60K miles bumper to bumper and 10/100K for the powertrain. The powertrain warranty is only transferrable for 5/60K. On mine I paid $750 to extend the comprehensive coverage to 10/100K and it also makes it transferrable for the entire period.

It may be a good deal, and it may not be. One major repair and it will pay for itself. It does add some appeal if you're going to sell the thing.

The only problems I've had so far were two burned out headlamps which were replaced at no charge. I put a lot of miles on mine - it just turned 40K and I've only had it for 22 months. I'll prolly have 100K on it before the first 5 years, so I like that extra security.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
The standard Hyundai warranty is 5 years and 60K miles bumper to bumper and 10/100K for the powertrain. The powertrain warranty is only transferrable for 5/60K. On mine I paid $750 to extend the comprehensive coverage to 10/100K and it also makes it transferrable for the entire period.
And suckerholic paid $1700 for the same coverage? That tells you the kind of profit that's built into those things.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
And suckerholic paid $1700 for the same coverage? That tells you the kind of profit that's built into those things.
Yeah, but I also paid $2000 for undercoating, rust protection and scotchguard.

I wonder if that was a good deal.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Yeah, but I also paid $2000 for undercoating, rust protection and scotchguard.

I wonder if that was a good deal.
Absolutely. You need that shit. It will pay for itself in resale value.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Absolutely. You need that shit. It will pay for itself in resale value.
There is resale value in one of those hunks of shit ?

Oh my bad... scrap iron is pretty high these days
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It really boils down to which vehicle has the flattest hood.

Cause smackaholic seems like the type who doesn't like a stuffy club, and stays out in the parking lot, sitting in front of the ride, drinking and smoking some weed. Checking out the bitches, trying to see what he can see.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

R-Jack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:The Sonata is built in Alabama, Honda's been building Accords in Ohio for over 20 years and Toyota has been making Camrys in Kentucky since 1988. The Acura TL is assembled in Marysville, Ohio, and is exported to China, Canada and Mexico. You FAT fucking RETARD.
But the money goes to the little yellow man you ankle biting fucktard.

sin,

that guy who hates foriegn cars because they take jobs away from american workers only to change his spin into profits going overseas when facts handed him his ass.
LMAO.....fucktards like you don't get it, you never WILL get it, and frankly I could care less if you ever DO get it.

By all means, continue to spend your hard earned money (not so much in YOUR case, Wet-Brained Fucktard) on vehicles that you know will continue to harm the American economy, and FUCK IT if it fattens the pockets of Japanese and Korean automakers!

Fucking dipshits.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

RevLimiter wrote: Like Wags said, they got over on YOU- 2008 Malibus (which are winning automotive awards right and left, BTW) are selling for that right now with GM's Employee Pricing for Everyone program.
They ain't selling for that in CT. We stopped at the chevy store. Cheapest 4 cylinder malibu on the lot with so called employee pricing was 20 and change.

I really do like the malibu as well as the fusion, but, between price and warrantee differences, I just can't see going for anythng other than the hyundai. There are the safety features as well. I could be wrong, but, I don't think the ford or chebby comes with stability and traction control standard on their base models.

Mikey, did you just say you forked out something for undercoating......in san fukkking diego? I'm feeling a bit dumb about paying for the bumper to bumper extension, but, dayum, you take the cake.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
Mikey, did you just say you forked out something for undercoating......in san fukkking diego? I'm feeling a bit dumb about paying for the bumper to bumper extension, but, dayum, you take the cake.
Sorry...I forgot to add the [sarcasm]...[/sarcasm] tags.

I'll try to do better next time.

:wink:
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

The new Malibu is sharp and that new interior coming out on the '09s is fucking sweet.

All the specs on it is great. It competes with the Accord and Altima in almost every category, but the one thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on purchasing the Malibu is the weight. It's over 3,500 lbs. That is a whole lotta car for a 4 banger to be pushin' which tells me that it can wear down faster than it's competitors.

I'm gonna wait for another year until I buy a new one. Hopefully the underbelly of the car will be lighter by then.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

That is fucking hideous. But you'll look great in there with your cap cocked off to one side blaring some rap on the sound system.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

It's all about personal preference.

I'm sure you would want something that was reminiscent of a stagecoach interior and leather reins as a steering wheel.

I probably wouldn't have very much rap in the 6-disc changer, but I also wouldn't be sporting Duke Ellington and The Glenn Miller Band's classic hits that you own on vinyl.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:Image

That is fucking hideous. But you'll look great in there with your cap cocked off to one side blaring some rap on the sound system.
Yet you haven't driven one to actually make that determination accurately....goddamn Goobs, I feel sorry for you up there in cheese curd country.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rumple, you obviously have shit for taste when it comes to determining what is visually appealing. But I'm sure that interior has a good heart.
Last edited by Goober McTuber on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Image

Yet you haven't driven one to actually make that determination accurately....goddamn Goobs, I feel sorry for you up there in cheese curd country.
I need to drive the car to determine how the interior looks? Just STFU, you FAT fucking RETARD. You get stupider by the minute.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:Rumple, you obviously have shit for taste when it comes to determining what is visually appealing. But I'm sure that interior has a good heart.
Not only that but it's really smart. In fact it beat Rumpletard's and Fat Paul's combined SAT scores by 400 points.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Rack Fu wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
You tell them! Why would anyone want to buy a foreign car? What kind of crazy person wants better quality for a better price? That's just crazy talk!

Nice job choosing the Grand Prix as the car that he should have got. Who doesn't want completely and utterly average in every way imaginable? The Sonata is, by far, the much better reviewed and received vehicle.

Wags is too fucking stupid to know "Made in America" applies to Toyota, BMW, etc.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:You get stupider by the minute.
Between you and text messaging, the English language doesn't stand a chance. :doh:
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

R-Jack wrote: So please explain to me once again how sending profits to these little yellow men that actually employ American workers and pay them American money to spend in America is bad for the American economy. Also please explain why making sure profits to to American billionares as opposed to zipperhead billionares at the expense of American jobs is better for the American economy.
My neighbor is a supervisor at Ford and of corse he freaked that I now own a Tundra and my wife has an Avalon. Of course the Tundra is made in San Antonio and the Avalon is made in Tennessee. When i laid this fact on him, he then said where do the profits go?

Well genius, Toyota, like Ford and GM are publically traded companies. Many americans own shares of Toyota, just like many arabs and Chinese own shares of Ford and GM.

We're even past nationality to just brand loyalty now - it's the fucking pinhole view of the world types like this that will keep clinging to an image of American reality circa 1975
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:You get stupider by the minute.
Between you and text messaging, the English language doesn't stand a chance. :doh:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stupider

stu·pid (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

Nice work, tubby. 1 through 5 all certainly apply to you. Thanks for making my point, you FAT fucking RETARD.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

R-Jack wrote: OK here is why you remain a fucking idiot.

First off I never have gone the Sudden Sam route and say I will only buy Japanese. Hell, I have owned far more american cars in my life than foriegn. Also I have never spoke ill of your preference to American cars. You buy US. I DO get that, and hell, more power to ya.

I do take umbrage with the moronic flip flopping on WHY you prefer domestic cars. Way back when you would cry about how buying foriegn cars is bad because they take jobs from American workers and harm the American economy. When presented with the facts that many foriegn cars are made in the states and actually employee American workers, which must be better on the American economy, you change your tune and cry that the profits are going to "the little yellow man". So you flip from being a champion for the common man to taking up a cause for the rich guys. Tell me you fat fuck, what is better for the economy overall? Thousands of of blue collar workers being able to pay their house note and feed their families building cars for Honda or Toyota, or making sure we are making Bob Lutz or the Ford family richer? I ask that because that is what you spun your argument into. That I DO not get.

I also DO get that simply rolling over and saying "you just don't get it" is a much better response than actually having a valid defense for your argument, but could you at least try a litle harder............for AMERICA?

Understand this, if people buy more American cars, GM and Ford will hire more American workers. However that may not ring true as both companies have seemingly made no hesitations to move production to Mexico and Canada when they deem it profitable. But you must also understand there will always be a market for Japanese and Korean cars in this country. Now as demand for these cars has increased, more of the work in building these cars has shifted to the states. If the last twenty years has taught us anything, it's that foriegn car companies move production to the states as demand in the states increases for their product and domestic car companies move production out of the states as demand in the states increases for their product.

So please explain to me once again how sending profits to these little yellow men that actually employ American workers and pay them American money to spend in America is bad for the American economy. Also please explain why making sure profits to to American billionares as opposed to zipperhead billionares at the expense of American jobs is better for the American economy. You may take your time, or you can just do what you do best and paste "don't get it" one more time in lieu of actually attemtping to make a valid point.
KC Scott wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

Wags is too fucking stupid to know "Made in America" applies to Toyota, BMW, etc.
First, Rack R-Jack for actually spelling it out for the dipsit crew. The rest of us were to lazy and just assumed they would automatically "get it." Our bad.

I've owned two "foreign" cars. A 1998 BMW M-Roadster (built in Spartanburg, SC) and a 2008 Toyota Tundra (built in San Antonio, TX). I'm sure half the "domestic" cars that I've owned were made in Canada. War Wagon mentioned something about a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix (built in Ontario, Canada - which at last check is not in the USA) being the car that smackaholic should have bought instead of that evil Korean car (built in Alabama - which at last check is in the USA). What was his point again?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

RumpleForeskin wrote:The new Malibu is sharp and that new interior coming out on the '09s is fucking sweet.

All the specs on it is great. It competes with the Accord and Altima in almost every category, but the one thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on purchasing the Malibu is the weight. It's over 3,500 lbs. That is a whole lotta car for a 4 banger to be pushin' which tells me that it can wear down faster than it's competitors.

I'm gonna wait for another year until I buy a new one. Hopefully the underbelly of the car will be lighter by then.
I rode in one a few weeks ago and other than the football colored dash, I really liked it alot.

This car will definitely come into consideration if I am in the used market sometime in the next 5 years. Can you get it with a 5 speed. When I say 5 speed, I am refering to the old fashioned type that actual men with descended testicles prefer.