Bristol

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Bristol

Post by Goober McTuber »

Entertaining finish to the race.
BRISTOL, Tenn. -- When the victim is Kyle Busch, driving rough to win can make a hero of a guy in a hurry.

Carl Edwards brought the loudest cheer on Saturday night from the 160,000-plus at Bristol Motor Speedway when he took out Busch during the cooldown lap after winning the Sharpie 500.

Busch drove alongside Edwards and whacked him door-to-door a few times after the race was over. Then Edwards slowed down even more, let Busch pass until his right-rear quarter panel was exposed, then whacked him and sent him spinning. The crowd then rose to its feet in thunderous cheers.

Busch dominated the race for 415 straight laps, but with 30 laps to go Edwards drove up on Busch's bumper in the first turn, unabashedly knocked him up the track, and drove under, into the lead for good.

Asked in Victory Lane whether his car had gotten quicker at the end or Busch's had gotten slower, Edwards cut to the chase.

The winning edge was that "I just kinda ran into him," Edwards acknowledged.

It was the second week in a row Busch, the Sprint Cup leader with eight wins this season, finished second to Edwards, who ran his season total to six wins.
Edwards cheerfully described the winning move blow-by-blow.

"I went down into the corner and he slowed down a little earlier than I thought he was going to," he said. "I tried to get down underneath him and he dove pretty straight for the corner and I just bumped him a little bit."

But before that last part, it was decision time.

"The way this works is, as a real smart racer explained to me after he wrecked me and I was real mad," Edwards said. "He said, 'I just had to look at your rear bumper and decide whether you'd do this to me. And you had before, so it was a real simple decision.'

"Earlier in the year we had a Nationwide race [at Richmond, Va.] and Kyle was a lot faster than me, and he went ahead and got to my back bumper, and just smoked the back bumper of my car, sent me up the racetrack, and afterward said, 'Sorry, man, my car was just faster.'

"So I had to ask myself when I went down into the corner, 'Should I lift and brake early and do the best I can, or should I give him a little tap and see what happens?'

"So that's the way it went, that's the decision I made, and I'd do it again."
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Bristol

Post by MuchoBulls »

RACK the 99!!!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

MuchoBulls wrote:RACK the 99!!!!
Damn right- FUCK Kyle Busch.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

its a non~issue.....cuz jr. cuntbiiiitch couldn't catch Edwards afterwords.

Mr. ED had the faster Car at the time.

imagine the "outcry" (from who?) if Edwardsreally wouldv'e PUNTED HIM....

fvck BUSCH (both..btw)