Jim Balsillie vs Gary Bettman

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

fix
Eternal Scobode

Jim Balsillie vs Gary Bettman

Post by fix »

There's something going to happen between those two, within the next 2 weeks at the most.

Stay tuned.. as soon as the audio gets posted online, I'll post a link to the news.

Sounds as though, it's not going to be pretty and me personally, I'm praying Gary gets his ass handed to him.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Re: Jim Balsillie vs Gary Bettman

Post by fix »

Richard Rodier joins Bob McCown and James Deacon in studio to shed light on today's reports about Jim Balsillie purchasing an NHL franchise. Rodier hints that some intriguing news is on the horizon concerning his client.

Listen to it here
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

And in related news concerning Gary's boy, Boots;
PREDATORS CO-OWNER, WILLIAMS (BOOTS) DEL BIAGGIO III, SUED

SAN FRANCISCO - A prominent Silicon Valley financier has been accused of defrauding a bank to secure a US$10 million loan that he used to buy an ownership stake in the NHL's Nashville Predators.

William (Boots) Del Biaggio III was sued this week in Santa Clara County Superior Court by Modern Bank, a New York-based private bank that counts former NFL star Joe Montana as a vice chairman.

It is the latest in a series of legal setbacks for Del Biaggio, the son of a well-known local banking family and co-founder of the investment firm Sand Hill Capital. The 40-year-old businessman is accused in three separate lawsuits of providing forged documents to financial institutions to land multimillion dollar loans that he has not repaid.

Del Biaggio's lawyer did not immediately return calls seeking comment Wednesday.

In the latest lawsuit, filed Monday, Modern Bank says Del Biaggio supplied bogus account statements to prove the size of his personal investments as collateral for the $10-million loan he and wife Kristen Del Biaggio received in November.

Those documents showed that Del Biaggio had a brokerage account in the amount of $20 million at San Francisco-based investment bank Merriman Curhan Ford, the lawsuit claims.

But those documents turned out to be forged, and the account was actually not Del Biaggio's, according to the suit.

Instead, the account belonged to another unidentified bank client whose name was allegedly removed from the statements by Merriman Curhan Ford broker David Scott Cacchione and replaced with Del Biaggio's name.

The suit claims the accounts were then passed off to Modern Bank as Del Biaggio's. The deception was uncovered only when he stopped supplying the required monthly account statements that were part of his contract with the bank, the lawsuit said.

Kristen Del Biaggio, Cacchione and the Merriman Curhan Ford firm are also named as defendants in Modern Bank's lawsuit.

Lawyers for the other defendants did not immediately return calls from The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Del Biaggio also is named as a defendant in two other lawsuits filed over the past week by other financial institutions claiming they were duped into forking over big loans based on misrepresentations of his wealth.

Heritage Bank of Commerce, a San Jose-based bank co-founded by Del Biaggio's father, has accused him of using similar tactics to secure a $4 million loan in December. DGB Investments Inc., a San Jose-based investment firm, is also suing Del Biaggio over a $3 million loan he received in November under what the firm says were false pretenses.

The catalyst for the lawsuits was a regulatory filing last week by Merriman Curhan Ford that the Justice Department and the Securities and Exchange Commission were investigating an unidentified broker and client for allegedly using the account information of other clients to obtain loans.

The firm, which is named as a defendant in all three of the latest lawsuits, said it is co-operating fully with the federal investigations.
And rumour has it that good ol' Boots will be filing for Chapter 11 BANKRUPTCY as early as tommorrow.

Remember, Boots is THE guy that Gary Bettman himself brought in to help purchase the Predators so that the sale would go to anyone but Jim Balsillie...
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

For those Bettman supporters out there, you know the ones that supported his salary cap, no teams in Winnipeg, Quebec City or any more Canadian franchises..

You might want to have a read of The Tennessean..

They've been looking into his pal Boots and how Gary manipulated the sale of the Predators away from Balsillie who was honest and actually had the money to buy the team.

Looks like Gary's in deep..

And I can't wait for the day that his house of cards (3 card monty) comes crashing down on him..

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... GECAROUSEL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P.S. Let's not forget that the Kansas City arena that Bootz planned to move the Preds to just happened to be owned by another NHL owner, the Kings owner, Phillip Anschutz...
And of course there's that other investigation ongoing with the Ducks owner, Samurali for fraud...

Nice liitle Mafia group Gary's got himself organized into...

And to think he's trying to oust the New York Rangers ownership from the league because they had the balls to stand up to the little Hitler...

A good read by Stephen Brunt from yesterday about how Gary's plan has failed...

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/stor ... columnists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

JaysFan wrote:For those Bettman supporters out there, you know the ones that supported his salary cap, no teams in Winnipeg, Quebec City or any more Canadian franchises..
Supporting Bettman's moves and supporting Bettman regardless of what he does are two different things. Teams don't belong in Winnipeg or Quebec City in my opinion, and we've argued that before. Besides that had a whole lot less to do with Bettman than it did the ownerships involved. The CBA from the past lockout is doing exactly what I would have wanted out of it. What exactly is the issue there? OK, so now Bettman has been caught siding with the wrong characters.. I'm honestly not following this story that closely so can't really comment on it, but I know the Bettman-haters are all over it.

But I'm not his brother or pal so if he slips up I don't care. Being a Bettman supporter on past issues doesn't make me one on this one!
Still a FlameFan