Redskins trade for Jason Taylor

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Redskins trade for Jason Taylor

Post by RevLimiter »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3497625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With P. Daniels going down with a blown knee on the FIRST PLAY of training camp, this was a good move by the Skins.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Re: Redskins trade for Jason Taylor

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Just what we need....the NFC East getting more camera time. :meds:
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:Pretty high price to rent a vet for a year. Miami got over.
WRONG- Taylor will at least play out the remaining two years of his existing contract. He was NOT, however, going to play for the Fins longer than the next year.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Ummm, go back and read the article again bubba:
Vinny Cerrato wrote:"I'm 100 percent positive he'll play longer than one year."
Boom....outta here.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

It doesn't matter if he plays out his contract or not. Jason Taylor is going into his 13th year in a brutal NFC East. The fact that the fins got a 2nd rounder screams bode alone. Throw in a 6th and things are gravy. Foreskins will never "get over" on a trade as long as Danny boy is in there.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

If the Deadskins were "this close" to making a SB run, I could understand given up the drafts picks for a player on the back nine superb career. However… I just don't see them being all that good. Not finishing last in their division is probably a reasonable goal for the next few years... which is pretty much the equivalent of how long Taylor may remain viable as a dominant player. Ohhh Danny Boy... you remind me so much of Steinbrenner in the 80s and early 90s.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Pretty safe bet that KFC Paul saying it was a good move would indicate that it was a mistake.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Parcells and the fish got over nicely here. Definetly a high rental price for sure.
Go Bucs, Gators
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Ucant gets it.
If the Deadskins were "this close" to making a SB run, I could understand given up the drafts picks for a player on the back nine superb career.

Taylor might do 'alright' this year, but the price is too high, IMO, and ... what for, so you can maybe win 8 games instead of 6?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:Pretty safe bet that KFC Paul saying it was a good move would indicate that it was a mistake.
It's a good move for both teams, YOU ankle-biting FUCK....the Skins lost not one but TWO DEs on the very 1st day of training camp, and Parcells was dying to get Taylor out of Miami (for what reason I still don't know).

EDIT: BTW, this dude agrees with me: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=3497705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Pretty safe bet that KFC Paul saying it was a good move would indicate that it was a mistake.
It's a good move for both teams, YOU ankle-biting FUCK....the Skins lost not one but TWO DEs on the very 1st day of training camp, and Parcells was dying to get Taylor out of Miami (for what reason I still don't know).

EDIT: BTW, this dude agrees with me: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=3497705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So you managed to find one ESPN hack who agreed with you.

I mean, think about it. Who is smarter?

Bill Parcells or Dan Snyder?
A cantaloupe or KFC Paul?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Paul -- Did you ever notice that Clayton's role on ESPN is to play the punching bag to Sean Salisbury's verbal assault? Props having someone whose sole purpose in life is to spin a warm and fuzzy picture of all things NFL as the lone idiot in your corner. The only other douche who is more useless than Clayton on "The Network" is Tim Kurkjian. Dude still believes that Bonds didn't juice, that OJ is innocent, and that you're not an obese fucktard.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Paul -- Did you ever notice that Clayton's role on ESPN is to play the punching bag to Sean Salisbury's verbal assault? Props having someone whose sole purpose in life is to spin a warm and fuzzy picture of all things NFL as the lone idiot in your corner. The only other douche who is more useless than Clayton on "The Network" is Tim Kurkjian. Dude still believes that Bonds didn't juice, that OJ is innocent, and that you're not an obese fucktard.
Sean Salisbury is no longer with ESPN.

Try it again, dipshit. :hfal:
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

The splat you just heard was Snyder's jism hitting the ceiling as he fantasizes giving up 2009, 2010 and 2011 first round picks for Brett Favre.

Packers shop Favre
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3500610
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Nice fucking call, MV.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Gee, a NFL player gets hurt....SHOCKING NEWS, I tell ya. :meds: :meds: :meds:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

At least he's not done for the year like Umenyiora...
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote: Coach Jim Zorn indicated an initial X-ray showed no serious damage, but said Taylor would undergo an MRI on Sunday.
x-rays don't show cartilage very well, or ligaments at all. MRI shows it all

they're predicting 2 weeks. anybody want to bet on how lng it takes him to "re-injure" it?

this soap opera will continue all season
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..