Shockey to Aint's

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Shockey to Aint's

Post by ChargerMike »

How did I scoop Paul on this crucial deal?

Sources: Giants to trade Shockey to Saintsby Jay Glazer

The Giants have agreed to trade their disgruntled tight end to the New Orleans Saints for a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick, FOXSports.com has learned. The deal is pending league approval, according to a league source. Shockey must also pass a physical.

The compensation is the same the Saints offered New York back in April prior and during to the draft ... and it was turned down.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

TenTallBen
No title requested

Re: Shockey to Aint's

Post by TenTallBen »

The Saints offense, if healthy, has no excuse not to dominate this year. Holy shit they will have some weapons! Hopefully they can find a corner that actually knows how to tie his own shoes. Vilma should help out tremendously and I'm anxious to see if Sedrick Ellis can hang in the NFL like he did in the Weak10. Fucking eh I can't wait until the season starts!!!!

Saints = NFC South Division Champs :D
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

I'm just glad to see him gone from the NFC East. That's one less tight end for Roy Williams to worry about covering twice a year.

Nice pick-up by the Saints. Payton saw this guy while he was with the Cowboys, and while he can be a head-case at times, he definitely can bring it on the field when healthy.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Ditto.

Glad to see that fuck gone. I sure as hell won't miss him. Giants fucked this one up IMHO.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

TenTallBen wrote:Saints = NFC South Division Champs :D

That division sucks...I'd be stunned if the Saints don't win it. Add Shockey to Colston, Bush and McAllister and Brees pulling the trigger...it's by far the best offense in the division. Shockey and Payton had an okay from their Giants days so I can imagine he'll be on good soldier and not be a pain the ass. Aside from Colston and Bush, Shockey will see plenty of balls thrown his way.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:Saints = NFC South Division Champs :D

That division sucks...I'd be stunned if the Saints don't win it. Add Shockey to Colston, Bush and McAllister and Brees pulling the trigger...it's by far the best offense in the division. Shockey and Payton had an okay from their Giants days so I can imagine he'll be on good soldier and not be a pain the ass. Aside from Colston and Bush, Shockey will see plenty of balls thrown his way.
McAllister will be lucky to play at all this year. He's 29 years old with 2 bum knees. He's done.

The Saints will be entertaining. But that's about it. If they win their divison somehow they'll be one and done.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

McAllister is a big question mark. Reggie can't handle the load and he is ineffective without a between the tackles guy as his sidekick. If Deuce can't play to an acceptable level, then consider Brees as target practice to a once again one-deimensional offense.

Shockey will help, but Brees is bound to get injured and then the season will be "bye-bye".
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:McAllister will be lucky to play at all this year. He's 29 years old with 2 bum knees.
Guess it's about time for Reggie Bush to step up and earn his paycheck then, right?
You're a funny guy. Almost as funny as a 3rd down back/kick returner being taken with the #2 overall pick.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Apparently someone still thinks Bush would have been the wise choice over Mario.

This made me laugh....
Mario Williams had 14 sacks last season, but opposing teams are able to key on him because of the lack of talent around him. So it looks like we have yet another reason Houston should have drafted Reggie Bush instead of Williams. Not only would they have no one for opposing teams to key on, but also their running game would produce an extra 500 or so yards every year.
:lol: Yeeeeeahh, okay.

I know it's still early in the "Big 3" evaluation of the '06 draft, but Mario seems to be the smart choice after two rounds and dude will be playing with a chip on his shoulder this season. That pro bowl he didn't get picked for last season had him pissed. He wants to leave no doubts this time.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Looking at that article again, I'm uncertain if he is joking or not. It's hard to tell.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:It doesn't matter all that much.

I think it does. It's difficult to go deep in the post season if you lack a running game.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

mvscal wrote:MacAllister is no longer the key to this offense.
He needs to pass on his running duties to Pierre Thomas. He's the future. He had 100 yards rushing and receiving in the game against the bears last year. Granted it was the last game of the season and the bears didn't have anything to play for, but that's not bad for his first official full game.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Great pickup.

The Gnats won the SB without him, so why keep paying him? Th4ey got a couple of picks out of the deal.

Conversely, with that air-it-up offense in NO, Shockey should be money. He blocks as well as any TE in the game, and is a sure-handed, game-changing reciever...

The only wrench in the gears is Shockey's Hurrigangsta-Douche-Factor... which is high.

But his good blocking might help The Pro College Player get outside the box, where he can do damage. I think they need Duece to get a few of those punishing blasts up the middle to soften it up, though... or a new guy to fill that role. Otherwise, opponents can overplay the outside and mop the floor with that offensive scheme.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:The only wrench in the gears is Shockey's Hurrigangsta-Douche-Factor... which is high.
Can you imagine this guy set loose in the French Quarter on a nightly basis? No temptation for him there. :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:Can you imagine this guy set loose in the French Quarter on a nightly basis?

I've never been to NO... or NY.

But, from what I hear, it's pretty freaking easy to find trouble in New York City, as easy as anywhere on Earth.

Am I wrong?

Heck, I can find temptation and trouble 24/7 around here in a city of 2 million... I'm guessing that NY can offer up trouble at 4 times my local rate, at least.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:Can you imagine this guy set loose in the French Quarter on a nightly basis?
I've never been to NO... or NY.

But, from what I hear, it's pretty freaking easy to find trouble in New York City, as easy as anywhere on Earth.

Am I wrong?

Heck, I can find temptation and trouble 24/7 around here in a city of 2 million... I'm guessing that NY can offer up trouble at 4 times my local rate, at least.
The difference is that New York has a lot of nightclubs mixed in with a million other things to do. Quick, name something to do in New Orleans that doesn't involve drinking to excess.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Looting?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:Quick, name something to do in New Orleans that doesn't involve drinking to excess.

Twofold problem:

As stated, I've never been to NO.

The other catch, is just about every entertainment activity I engage in involves drinking to excess...

Meaning you really asked the wrong guy.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Dinsdale wrote:As stated, I've never been to NO.
but then you say
just about every entertainment activity I engage in involves drinking to excess...
:?

Then why haven't you ever been to New Orleans?? I think you might just enjoy it.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

TenTallBen wrote:Then why haven't you ever been to New Orleans??
Dins, just tote a 12-pack into the nearest Republic Waste dumpster and you've got New Orleans. Pepper some instant potato mix over your head and you've got Cleveland.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

TenTallBen wrote: Then why haven't you ever been to New Orleans?? I think you might just enjoy it.

I think you're probably right.

But it's a long way away. And there's plenty of shit to do where I live, that I don't need to travel just for the sake of finding something to do. Although one of these years, I'm going to tour this country and see all kindsa cool shit, I'm sure.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

TenTallBen wrote:Looting?
Gots that shit covered.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"Quick, name something to do in New Orleans that doesn't involve drinking to excess."

...learning to swim couldn't hurt

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ChargerMike wrote:
...learning to swim couldn't hurt

RAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!

Sin,
Marquise Hill
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Cool.... my little brother's best friend (Kevin Boss) has the starting job all to himself.

Kevin's a really cool guy, and looks like a little kid himself.

Here's my little brother (6'4") and his little kid "Jake".

And yes, there really are black folk near Corvallis, Oregon (Philomath)

Kevin holding my brother's little kid "Jake".

I could tell ya some really good stories about Shockey, but I'll wait for another day.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"I could tell ya some really good stories about Shockey, but I'll wait for another day."

..wait for another millennium tool

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

L to R...Shaquisha, , Shaquisha's babydaddy (tool), a wytched Boss holding Shaquisha and tool's baby.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:just about every entertainment activity I engage in involves drinking to excess
Bwah...

You're lucky if you can find an open gas station or a decent cup of coffee in that shithole.

Avoid, strenuously. If desperate, seek Houston.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Dins...Pepper some instant potato mix over your head and you've got Cleveland.
....really???? is THAT all that you have to offer?

c'mon

sift through the coal dust and stumble over the uncles, cousins and sistahs....and u have West Virginia.

substitute brothers for "sistahs" ~ sin Kentucky.

master missing the huge containers of LARD while entering Mississippi as well.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Qbert wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:
Dins...Pepper some instant potato mix over your head and you've got Cleveland.
....really???? is THAT all that you have to offer?
It was a pretty fucking good offering. Though to capture the true essence of Cleveland, you should soak the instant potato mix in flammable toxic waste.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Headhunter wrote:Giants fucked this one up IMHO.
I beg to differ. While Shockey was certainly a threat in the passing game, he was a slighty above average blocker. Boss won't be confused with Shockey as a receiver, but he is a better blocker.

Shockey's antics at the Super Bowl pretty much sealed his fate. He was just as bad a cancer in the locker as Tiki was.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
Giants miss Jeremy Shockey's blocking ability at tight end
BY RALPH VACCHIANO
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 10:10 PM

In case anyone needed a reminder that Jeremy Shockey was gone - as if the quiet summer wasn't a clue - it was all there on the film of the Giants' preseason opener in Detroit. And when tight ends coach Mike Pope watched it, he knew he had a lot of work to do.

There were missed assignments, missed blocks, miscommunications, incorrect routes and a slew of other mental errors. For most of the last six years, with Shockey on his side, those were things Pope didn't have to worry about.

Now he does....

... The biggest issue appears to be in their blocking, where Shockey - a four-time Pro Bowler - was outstanding, even though it was a job he didn't like. Boss, the presumed starter in his second year out of Western Oregon, looks to be a smooth receiver with good speed and excellent hands. But all of their blocking was shaky in their preseason-opening loss to the Detroit Lions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... g_abi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dinsdale wrote:with that air-it-up offense in NO, Shockey should be money. He blocks as well as any TE in the game, and is a sure-handed, game-changing reciever...

The only wrench in the gears is Shockey's Hurrigangsta-Douche-Factor... which is high.

No, really -- I wasn't guessing.