It's official: Brett Favre wants OUT of GB

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

It's official: Brett Favre wants OUT of GB

Post by RevLimiter »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It.

Is.

ON.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Re: It's official: Brett Favre wants OUT of GB

Post by Loganfan »

The Cowboys are looking to upgrade Brad Johnson. He can carry a clipboard and make Wrangler commercials while collecting a SB Ring like Bernie Kosar did in 1993.

Brett to the Vikings to start against the Packers at Green Bay opening day when they retire his number!!!!!

yeah right. But how funny would THAT be?
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Reinstate Favre and let him back Rodgers up. What else can the Packers do? This is a fucking disaster on both parts. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Atlanta would be an amusing destination. They could definitely use him, too.
Yep. Blank would do anything right now to put a face on the franchise that doesn't resemble a thug nog. Ryan will be that guy, but not for a while. Favre in a weak division with an offense that has a bit of upside? Why not.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Brett Favre wants OUT of GB

Well duh.
He did retire, didn't he?
That'll get a guy ... OUT, no?

'Tard x2 in this thread.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: He did retire, didn't he?
That'll get a guy ... OUT, no?
Technically, no.

He "retired" while still under contract with the Packers. So now that he's changed his mind and wants to unretire, GB must either trade or release him before he can play for another team.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out. There's no doubt in my mind that even at age 38, he still has all the skills. Hell, I wouldn't mind KC picking him up and see if he can't pull another Joe Montana here. Brett Farve would definitely be an upgrade over Crody Broyle.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

mvscal wrote:Atlanta would be an amusing destination. They could definitely use him, too.
That would be a sensical move. Bring in a marquee guy that will a) sell tickets, b) help you win right now, and c) help groom your up-and-coming-future-of-a-qb.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:c) help groom your up-and-coming-future-of-a-qb.

No way no how. Favre is not the grooming type. Just ask Aaron Rodgers. If anything, Favre is the last person any QB should watch as learning tool. Favre is way off the conventional platform when it comes to his style. No, he would just be there to do both a and b.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I knew I'd get called out on that. Perhaps "grooming" isn't the right word. In any event, parking yourself on the bench and watching one of the best of all time take NFL snaps is likely beneficial to your learning and growth.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Awesome- the Packers now say that Favre is welcome to come back and play for them....AS A BACKUP. :shock:

Ummm, last time I checked this fucking guy is arguably the BEST player to ever put on your team's gear, and this is how you treat the guy??? Brett Favre is STILL one of the Top 5 best QBs in the NFL today. PERIOD. END OF STORY. They HAVE to trade him or cut him if he comes back- NFL teams simply don't have $13 million QBs riding the pine, not to mention the fucking media circus that would ensue because of that, AND the fact that Aaron Rodgers (or anybody else) would have to try to play that position to the best of his ability with "THAT GUY" always looking over his shoulder.

PackerFan, your head coach and GM are DELUSIONAL if they honestly think that #4 would accept a backup role with that team. Ted Thompson will be (if he isn't already) the most hated man in Green Bay after this trainwreck is over, and the ONLY solution for him at this point is to try to trade #4 to an AFC team that he would be willing to play for.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

RevLimiter wrote:Brett Favre is STILL one of the Top 5 best QBs in the NFL today. PERIOD.
Really.

Better than one of these guys?

Carson Palmer
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Tony Romo
Eli Manning
Ben Rothlisberger
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

He's better than Aaron Rodgers, which is really all that should matter.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

RevLimiter wrote:Awesome- the Packers now say that Favre is welcome to come back and play for them....AS A BACKUP. :shock:

Ummm, last time I checked this fucking guy is arguably the BEST player to ever put on your team's gear, and this is how you treat the guy???
How they treat the guy?? lol

He retired, Paul.

Do you know the meaning of the word?

Further, he's been dicking around with the very lame ... maybe I'll play, maybe I won't ... drama queen routine for a few years now.

He's a pussy, like you.

The stance the Packers have taken with him is 100% correct.

You're a fuckstick.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:Brett Favre is STILL one of the Top 5 best QBs in the NFL today. PERIOD.
Really.

Better than one of these guys?

Carson Palmer YES
Peyton Manning NO
Tom Brady NO
Tony Romo YES
Eli Manning YES
Ben Rothlisberger YES
There's your answers.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:How they treat the guy?? lol

He retired, Paul.

Do you know the meaning of the word?

Further, he's been dicking around with the very lame ... maybe I'll play, maybe I won't ... drama queen routine for a few years now.

He's a pussy, like you.

The stance the Packers have taken with him is 100% correct.
#4 has earned the right to come and go if he pleases IMO.
You're a fuckstick.
IKYABWAI? Keep the train on the track, Pops. You're better than that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Paula's right. Favre has earned the right to play again. Look what he brought this franchise and the fans. This isn't the case of a scrappy old washed-up has been wanting to go another round, and management caving to cater to their legend. He can obviously still play at a high level and win games, evidenced by last season. The Pack should give him another go.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Sadly, Brett Fag has turned out to be one of the larger floating turds in the NFL bowl.

When you're a star, a legend, a marquee guy, that is when you do your right best to show more humility, more deference, more lowliness, than the average joe player.
But instead, Brett Fag has, for the past few years, with his "maybe I will play maybe I won't play" dickery, shown himself to be the poster boy for self-absorbed and highly pretentious @zzholes.

He's expected to have his apple-bag licked and of course the media has gone out of their way at every turn to do just that.

Since Paul, who still thinks Dewey defeated Truman, is incapable of any form of critical thinking, he nods right along as the media Hoovers away.

Hard to forget Brent's blubbering ??'retirement'?? press conference where he rambled on about how it "isn't about me" ... all the while making it all very much ... about HIM.

What a dumb fucking inbred cunt.

What Brett Farm has 'earned the right to do' is to suck my fucking hog.

This latest chapter in Brett's personal quest to join the faces of Paris, Lindsay and Madonna on the "I'm the QUEEN, DAMN IT!!!" version of Mt. Rushmore is so blatantly absurd that only a brother inbreed like Paul could possibly get on board with it.

Don't know what MgBlow's excuse could be.

Myself, I won't lose any sleep if Brett Fag comes back and some defensive player turns him into his very own personal Darryl Stingley Action Figure.

[swoon]Look son, Brett Legend Fag is an asshole!![/swoon]
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:When you're a star, a legend, a marquee guy, that is when you do your right best to show more humility, more deference, more lowliness, than the average joe player.
But instead, Brett Fag has, for the past few years, with his "maybe I will play maybe I won't play" dickery, shown himself to be the poster boy for self-absorbed and highly pretentious @zzholes.
Exactly what part of "Brett Favre has earned the right to come and go as he pleases" do you CONSISTENTLY fail to comprehend, you old flange-face banging FUCK? :brad:

When you're a star, a legend, a marquee guy, that is when you've earned the right to have the option of returning to your team after you announced your retirement, and that team SHOULD welcome you back with open arms if they know what's good for them. Why? BECAUSE THEIR RABIDLY LOYAL FANBASE SAYS SO. Oh, and maybe because #4 can still get it done on the field too. And don't EVEN come at me with that overtime INT he tossed in the NFC title game- it was untimely, yes, but Surfer Dude Rodgers would've NEVER gotten the Packers in that position in the 1st place, so fucking save it already (m2ool) because I'm not gonna have any of it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I think Brett Favre semi-retired. You don't retire after a season like that. He made up his mind too late. No player on a football team should be catered to like a prima donna. I hope we don't have to be talking about this for the next 3 months.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RACK the hell outta 'Tart.

Spot on, as usual.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RevLimiter wrote:Exactly what part of "Brett Favre has earned the right to come and go as he pleases" do you CONSISTENTLY fail to comprehend?

Which Amendment of the Constitution covers that one?

What if Bart Starr "excercized his right" to come and go as he pleases? His accomplishments as a Packer make Brett Favre's look like chump change.

Live by the buck, die by the buck. Dude signed a contract that's supposed to pay him 8-figures well past his 40th, and now wonders why they're not welcoming him back with open arms?

It would appear his IQ is in inverse proportion to his ego.

And with all that said...

Are you "NFL diehards" really this fucking dumb (go ahead and assume that was a rhetorical question as far as you're concerned, Paul)?

It's simple fucking business posturing by both sides. Pretty decent bet that Favre will be the starting QB for the Pack this season.

Although that "Well, I'll just reinstate, and you guys can go ahead and give me an unconditional release" is fucking priceless...

Uhm yeah, Brett... I guess you've "earned the right" to make the business decisions for the front office as well.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

RevLimiter wrote:Awesome- the Packers now say that Favre is welcome to come back and play for them....AS A BACKUP. :shock:

Ummm, last time I checked this fucking guy is arguably the BEST player to ever put on your team's gear, and this is how you treat the guy??? Brett Favre is STILL one of the Top 5 best QBs in the NFL today. PERIOD. END OF STORY. They HAVE to trade him or cut him if he comes back- NFL teams simply don't have $13 million QBs riding the pine, not to mention the fucking media circus that would ensue because of that, AND the fact that Aaron Rodgers (or anybody else) would have to try to play that position to the best of his ability with "THAT GUY" always looking over his shoulder.

PackerFan, your head coach and GM are DELUSIONAL if they honestly think that #4 would accept a backup role with that team. Ted Thompson will be (if he isn't already) the most hated man in Green Bay after this trainwreck is over, and the ONLY solution for him at this point is to try to trade #4 to an AFC team that he would be willing to play for.
No surprise here--you're a fucking idiot.

It's been a long time coming. Favre's been pulling the pussy "retirement" bullshit and using it as a club against the franchise for years now. Favre may be a hall of fame quarterback, but he's not bigger than the Packers, as he apparently thinks he is. The world does not revolve around Brett Favre. At least Barry Sanders had the stones to man up to his decision. Favre is just another flip-flopping pussy who can't make up his mind, and after years of dicking around the Packers, the franchise told him to go fuck himself.

You can't go retarding ERRR m-poofing the growth of the franchise forever. Props to Thompson and Packers brass for (finally) having the balls to tell Favre to get fucked.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

And hey, FAT FUCKING RETARD, haven't you heard all the Packers fans chiming in about how they are turning on Favre because he wants to play for another team? Just another KC dumbass who doesn't know shit about shit opening his fucking mouth when he's not stuffing a custard donut in it. As shit-sucking as Packer fans are, even they know a spoiled drama queen when they see one. Thompson is not getting rolled out of town anytime soon, unless he does let Favre come back and sit the bench, which would be a nightmare waiting to happen.

The only person in Title Town who doesn't realize Favre's era is over is the hillbilly himself.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I wasn't aware Atlanta had a shortage of guys who could throw 40 yard interceptions.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The main problem I have with Favre is that back in March he indicated to the Packers that he thought he wanted to come back. Thompson and McCarthy both said “Great!” They were ready to take him back as the starting QB. Two days later Favre said that he and Deanna and talked about it and he decided to stay retired. Attention-whoring drama-fucking-queen.

As far as I’m concerned, if he’s serious about playing this year I want him in a Packer uniform. But the coaching staff needs to do what they neglected to do in the past. Give the backup some playing time. No need for Favre to go 60 minutes every single game. We need to find out if Brian Brohm is the long-term future.

BTW, the team as a whole is much too solid to go 6-10. Unless, of course, the Favre return causes a lockerroom schism.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:You should be thankful for 6-10 without Farv-ruh. You have nothing else. Is Ryan Grant capable of fighting through 8 man fronts? I doubt it. The receiving corps is only so-so and the defense isn't much to write home about.
Horseshit. Grant won’t be facing any 8-man fronts. The receiving corps lacks a true burner, but is well-suited to the offense and was plenty productive last year (2nd in the league). The defense isn’t much to write home about? They were 6th in the league last year in points allowed.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BTW, Favre has a fairly successful restaurant in Green Bay, but based on recent events it’s due for a facelift. The current venue:

Will soon be reopened as:

Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Favre will end up being the Packers starter as soon as all of the bullshit dies down.

Grant is solid and so are the receivers. The Pack also have a GREAT Defense.

12-4 NFC NORTH 2008 Champs-----------bet it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

A article I came across.

Just to clarify ...
One thing that probably deserves clarification following GM Ted Thompson's remarks Saturday is that he never said Brett Favre only would be welcome back as a backup.

The Associated Press originally ran a story saying that. It was a remark taken out of context. The story was adjusted, but I've seen too many stories from other papers and remarks from fans continuing to use that remark.

What Thompson indicated throughout the day in visits with various reporters was that Favre would not return as the starter. There is a difference.

If Favre tells the Packers definitively he wants to come back -- which he has not done, according to Thompson -- he would be added to the roster, since the only other option would be to release him, which the team won't do. If Favre would remain on the roster into training camp and beyond, the Packers would have to determine his role. He well could end up the starter. But the Packers never address such hypotheticals, and the mere implication that Favre wouldn't immediately reassume his old role is reason to believe he will remain to determined to play elsewhere, if he plays at all.

It's difficult to imagine a scenario in which Favre would back up Aaron Rodgers. For one, it would be awkward even having both on the same practice field in camp. It also would make no sense financially for the Packers, who would be bound to pay him his entire $12 million salary if he's on the roster for even one week. So, if he asks to be reinstated to the roster, a trade remains the most likely scenario. It doesn't seem the Packers are convinced he'll make that reinstatement request.

To summarize, Thompson never said the Packers only would have Favre as a backup. He simply indicated Favre would not be anointed the No. 1 quarterback upon his return, and even though Favre probably would be confident he could beat out Rodgers for the job, it's enough uncertainty (and, perhaps, perceived disrespect and unwelcomeness) to believe Favre will continue to pursue opportunities elsewhere.

And yes, I know a lot of you aren't happy about that.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
posted by PackersNews.com at 5:33 PM | 6 Comments
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

From the interview with his friend Greta, I got that he wanted to come back to the Pack but they hurt his feelings.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

What a trainwreck of an interview that was for Brett Fag.

He says, paraphrasing, "If you notice, in my retirement press conference I left the door open for a return." LLLLMAO

He Brent ... pssst, ... RETIREMENT.
Look up the word, asswipe.

Brent blames the Packers for 'wanting an answer (on his return)' before the draft.
Gee, how horribly inconsiderate of the organization.

Basically tries to sell us on the Packers 'forcing' him to make the decision to retire.

Grow some nuts and brains, asshole.
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

poptart wrote:Brent blames the Packers for 'wanting an answer (on his return)' before the draft. Gee, how horribly inconsiderate of the organization.
That was the first thing that popped into my head watching the interview. Two and a half months is plenty of fucking time to make up your mind. If he retired after the draft the only QB on the roster would have been Rodgers, and then the Packers would have needed to scramble to find a backup.

It could get interesting if Favre comes to town this weekend like he was supposed to (he is supposed to give the speech for the induction of Frank Winters into the Packer Hall of Fame). This whole circus has been unreal. I just hope this shit is settled by the time training camp opens so I can actually hear about something else involving the team.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

And why Greta? She appeared to know nothing about NFL.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

trev wrote:And why Greta? She appeared to know nothing about NFL.
She's a Green Bay stockholder, from the Green Bay area, and a Favre family friend. She’s guaranteed to be lobbing softballs. That's not an interview, it's orchestrated damage control.
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

trev wrote:And why Greta? She appeared to know nothing about NFL.
That's exactly why. She couldn't possibly drill him with any hard football questions.

Get ready for part two of the interview tonight! Appearently he gripes about the Packers (Ted Thompson) ignoring his request of resigning Wahle and Riveria, not interviewing Mariucchi for the HC job and not signing Randy Moss. He will also say that he just might show up for training camp, knowing that it will cause a media circus. But he would do it anyway, just to call the Packers (Ted Thompson's) bluff. PSST... Brett! You might want to apply for reinstatement before you try to show up at camp!
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Apparently Favre is sending his letter wanting reinstatement to Goodell today, and he's gonna roll into Packers training camp this weekend.

Your move, Ted Thompson. :lol:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

So he attends training camp. Why do the Packers have to make a move?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

The Packers have to either cut Favre or add him to the regular roster. Or trade him (really their only VIABLE option at this point).
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Right now the Packers don't know what Brett will do. Will he show up? If he shows up, he will be put on the roster as a competing QB. No big moves.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

trev wrote:If he shows up, he will be put on the roster as a competing QB. No big moves.
Sure....and he'll be BY FAR the biggest distraction on any team in the league. He can report, not say a word to anybody, and he'll STILL be such a huge distraction for that team that it'll be a complete circus. They HAVE to trade or cut him. It's that simple.