NHL draft

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

NHL draft

Post by Adelpiero »

rumors are, Pittsburgh offered Malkin for LA's #2, and Michael Cammalleri

Pittsburgh wants to keep hossa badly, no way they can pay hossa 7-8mil and resign malkin,crosby, and Fluery. they will have to make a move with Malkin, eventually.

Toronto wants filatov, and is trying desperately to get into top 4 to make him their selection. the problem, Toronto has NOTHING. after looking at the Leafs roster, christ, they are thinner than the Blues, who are thin. unless they sell out, they wont move up. if i was Jarmo, i would ask for their #7 and next years first rounder. If not, good luck trying to get him.

blues are in perfect position. they can either get one of top 2Dmen, if Atlanta decides to take Filatov, or they could move down and still get one of top dmen in this draft(schenn).

there will be some serious dealing this years draft. ottawa trying to get rid of emery and a player or 2. several teams needing to free $ and teams trying to fill needs, before FA period!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: NHL draft

Post by Shoalzie »

I think it's safe to say that if Hossa is re-signed, someone is going to have to be moved. After watching this year's finals, I don't think too many fans would be bothered if Malkin was the one to go. Stamkos to Tampa Bay is pretty much a sure thing so if the Pens move up to #2, do they go with Doughty or a take another slick Russian prospect like Filatov? Cammalleri will give them another high scoring winger that could potentially play with Sid the Kid. If they do trade Malkin, does Staal move up to be the #2 center?

TSN's first round mock draft...big shock, the Wings are slated to take a Swede. Color me surprised. :lol:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the subject of the Lightning, TSN is reporting they are close to signing Lecavalier to "lifelong" contract. I'd imagine it'll rival Ovechkin's deal...I don't think any team is going to be as crazy as the Islanders and hand out a 15-year deal like the one DiPietro got.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241165&lid= ... lines_main" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

the deals will be plenty

Blues trade Jamal Mayers to leafs for 3rd round pick
Blues then trade 4th rounder(rangers pick for backman) for chris mason, to back up Legace.

i like the extra 3rd, that makes it 3 3rd rounders i believe. and you can use 3rd rounders to package for moving up.

i know eklund is the worst, but he has spezza and Jokkinen being traded draft day.

JD said the Blues aren't done trading, and those deals were made to set up a biger or other deals. we'll see.

PS please Atlanta, take Filatov. the Blues would be guaranteed either Bos or Doughty. If not, looks like they move down or take schenn or Pieterangelo(mono boy).
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Well the Flames end up with Cammalleri instead. Essentially the Flames managed to swap Tanguay for Cammalleri, move down a few spots in the 1st round, and save $2M in cap space. Call me pleased!

Tanguay just didn't fit in this past year. Word is out today that he asked to be traded at Christmas, saying he didn't like the role Keenan gave him. Certainly a team can't be paying over $5M/year for a player used as a 2nd liner and PKer. It was in Sutter's best interest to move him, one way or another. I'm just thrilled that he was able to find a player of Cammalleri's ability to replace Tanguay.

As for Montreal and their new player, Tanguay will fit in with that team perfectly. He's smallish and scared to go into corners, just like most of the rest of their forwards. But really, Tanguay has tremendous skill and vision. He could score 100 points playing in the Eastern Conference, especially on a team that likes to score like the Habs.

Also, Jokinen goes to Phoenix for Ballard and some other players. Good pickup for the Coyotes.
Still a FlameFan