Your greatest football memory (LIVE)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Your greatest football memory (LIVE)

Post by Left Seater »

I want to know your greatest football memory that you either particpated in or saw from the stands. We have all seen great games on TV, but I bet this group will have seen or participated in quite a few great games themselves.

For myself there are three that stand out.

Participant - First game against Texas in Austin. Played special teams and about 20 snaps on offense. Helped hold Tony Brackens to only three total tackles on the day. He went on to win AA that year as a JR and that was his last in Austin. Great guy to play against as after the game he came over to us after the game and told us how we had his respect. Later that season he blew up that Tech kicker and the replay was on ESPN for weeks. Game was a 13-13 tie at halftime, then Ricky got loose for a few 4th qtr TDs to put the game away for Texas.

Honorable Mention - First game at RICE, first start at RICE, last game my dad saw me play. We walked to the locker room and he had his arm around my shoulder and was giving out fatherly advice about life and football. My mom took a picture of us walking away from her and now it is on my desk. Actually I know my dad saw all the other games too, I just couldn't talk to him about them afterwards.

Spectator - Texas vs U$C Rose Bowl. Best game I have ever seen. U$C is the best team money can buy and very few give Texas a chance. VY goes VY and you all know the rest of the story. The atmosphere was amazing starting with the Texas tailgates right thru the ride back to the hotel at around 1:30. Amazing game in a horrible setting.

Honorable Mention - Nothing! Nothing comes close to that game that I have seen live.

What are yours?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: Your greatest football memory (LIVE)

Post by PSUFAN »

Participant - In 12th grade, we had a pretty sweet football game going on after school. We played on the HS field. We had a good 20-30 people playing a couple times a week, it got very competitive. I won one of the games on a tackle-breaking kickoff return - the last play of the game. Sorry, that's as good as it gets for me...although really, I don't see how anyone will best Lefty's two reminiscences...

Spectator - The greatest football game I've attended was the 1982 PSU/Nebraska game. That was a matchup that propelled PSU to their first MNC. I was 11 going on 12 - and that was definitely a clash of CFB titans. Curt Warner remains one of my favorite PSU players ever, and he always played exceedingly well against Nebraska - the prior year he busted off 238 yards on 28 carries in Lincoln against the Blackshirts, which still stands as the most ever by a visitor to that stadium. He got less in 1982, but he was a crucial difference-maker in that controversial victory.

One of the best parts of that memory is the fact that I attended the game with my parents, and enjoyed their child-like awe of the incredible scene, which matched mine. As a teen, it was a lot harder to feel close to them...so that game was certainly a high point in that regard.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Well for me....any U$C loss.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Playing — In 6th grade, I blocked a punt in the end zone that was recovered by a teammate for a TD. I also had two forced fumbles that game. RACK ME.

Spectating — Seeing MSU at ND in 97 was pretty awesome. I had never been to a BTPCF game before that. I also had the opportunity to see quite a few MSU games in 98 and 99. Getting the opportunity to see WMU play both times at scU-M in 01 and 02 was cool, as well as seeing WMU at MSU in 03. Unfortunately, all three of those games were L's. I was fortunate enough to make the trip to Athens (OH) in 03 to see WMU play there. I never get tired of seeing that campus. The drive is a bitch, but Athens is a great little party town. Great strips of bars.

I saw WMU score 30 points in the second half at Rynearson Stadium in another annual defecation on Eastern Michigan in 03.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Playing- I was a baseball/basketball player not a football player. Never actually played organized league tackle football. But, as you all know, I quarterbacked Team Hasselhoff at the U of Iowa back in, I believe, 2001......before I tore up my knee (non-football related incident).

Watching- I suppose the 2005 CapitalOne Bowl where Drew Tate threw the hail mary to Warren Holloway to beat LSU. I'll never in my life forget that. I remember jumping up and down hugging random people after that. It was so surreal. I can remember it like it was yesterday. After the catch, I think we all just kinda froze in shock and once he got into the end zone everyone in our section behind the opposite endzone went nuts. We all ended up jumping up and down the rows, hugging/kissing/high fiving random people. I remember looking over at the LSU side and just seeing fans in disbelief. It was almost hysterical watching the LSU fans file out of the stadium. It was like they were exiting a funeral. No one said a thing, they all walked out in single file lines. I can understand why. If the game ended like that with Iowa on the losing side, the Iowa side would have done the same thing. I sure as heck know I wouldn't have said a thing on my way out of the stadium if we lost like that. But the LSU fans were awesome. Tailgated with a bunch of LSU fans and they're one of the coolest fan bases in the country. Didn''t hear one Tiger fan after the game making excuses or bitching like little girls. They took their loss like men and were very complimentary of Iowa.

Honorable mention-

Iowa clinching Big-10 title in 2002 and, like every year, we took over the Metrodome. I think the attendance was about 65,000 and 70% of that was Iowa fans. The ultimate smack was when we stormed THEIR field and tore down the goal posts. I remember standing at midfield and thinking "wow, I'm standing on the field where Super Bowls, Final Four's and World Series games have been played". It's always awesome to go up to the Metrodome and take over their stadium but to clinch a Big-10 title at Kinnick North and then rip down their goal posts was fucking sweet!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Playing - It was about 3 degrees outside with snow and ice on the ground in a friend's big backyard. I was returning a kickoff and got my head slammed into a rock by a kid named Dan Gowings. This kid was a beast and infamous for getting PISSED and punching large dents into mailboxes when he fucked up. Maybe not so epic for me, but that was typical for BIG TIME POWER FOOTBALL in the upper midwest.

Watching - Uhhhh...Purdue @ Michigan St circa 1998. Watched Drew Brees engineer a pretty sweet, but unfortunate 2nd half comeback against State.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Participant: My team won the interhall championship at ND my junior year ('84). For those who don't know, ND has a full-contact intramural football program, with pretty much every male dorm fielding a team as well as a team for students who live off-campus. I daresay that the overall talent level is at least comparable to Division III. We had a quarterback who was second team all-state in Indiana in high school (behind Blair Kiel, believe it or not). And a few years back ND had a backup QB whose name escapes me. He had transferred from Yale, where he was a starter on the football team, to ND. He played interhall for a few years before walking on.

Spectator: Without a doubt: ND 31, Miami 30, 10/15/88. I was in the Navy at the time, had just gotten home from an extended deployment, and was on leave at my parents' house the week before the game. I had a friend who worked in the Admissions Office, so I called him and asked if there was any way he could get me a ticket. The call came back on Friday, a ticket was to be had for $100 (which I thought an exorbitant price at the time, but I wanted to see the game so badly I didn't care). I was packed and out the door in about 30 minutes, drove all night to get to the game, and arrived on campus Saturday morning a few hours ahead of kickoff. I screamed so much that I lost my voice midway through the first quarter, but kept screaming anyway. I didn't get my voice back for another three days. Even though I was in a GA section, I managed to get my area to do something generally reserved only for the student section: we stood up rather than sat for the game (or at least the ending of the game). ND went on to win the national championship that year.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

participant - 2003 troll game at elbel. forced out of the pocket by 88 - he was wearing trainers and a pair of jeans - and hit blind in stride on a crossing pattern. i later overthrew him in the endzone. that goes without mentioning placing a couple balls only killian could reach on a couple 3rd downs, which prompted a few manning-to-harrison comments from him. i assume that means killian had a gun in his car. i'm pretty sure that was a better football moment than winning the eastern michigan co-ed intramural flag football championship.

actually, my best moment was 5th-grade flag football. i was playing safety and we were protecting a small lead. i was the last person between the qb and the endzone and couldn't get a handle on his flag, so i tackled the fucker. it was a 15-yard penalty but we stopped them and won. doesn't seem like a big deal, but parents on both sides belonged in the coburg hills, so a lot of tobacco juice ended up on people's shirts while talking shit to each other about the tackle.

spectator - the 2003 umich/osu game should be tops. it was the 100th meeting and the only time carr beat tressell, but i'd probably have to go with the 2004 minnesota game, at least as far as the spectator experience goes. i was on the field for it and michigan won with a dramatic late touchdown. the 2003 indiana game was the tits, but only b/c i got to hold the m club banner while the team ran out onto the field.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

participant: freshman year of HS...beat the starting center (I was 2nd team D) on a stunt...and watched him get his ass torn up by the coaches...

spectator: 1993 (1st tOSU v PSU game as a Big 10 member for PSU...awesome)...2004 Michigan Game, 2006 Michigan Game, 2008 MNC game (Yes it was a loss but what a great experience)...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Crap, I forgot about team Hoff. I even remember a picture of the team on the Iowa IM page.

I knew this group would have a list of amazing games that we have seen.

I am really sad that I missed that troll game. The only person in that recap that I haven't had a few or 10 beers with is 88. Maybe it is time for a T1B game?

I'd also say we need to have a T1B road trip to a rivalry game somewhere, but to many of ya'll are too whipped to get out of town for a weekend. :brad: :hfal:

Round of golf, T1B football game, bars, tailgate, rivalry game, tons of pics that later get wyched, etc.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Participant: 4th grade pop warner team. Playing fullback/defensive tackle, I helped lead my Vikings to a 9-0 record. We were not scored on all year.

Spectator: Of course the "choke in Doak. FSU rallies from 28 down in the 4th to tie Florida. No doubt UF had a young defense that year.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

High School: i was a relatively slow flanker on a mediocre team running a fairly ineffective version of the Houston Veer. Our coach had some tie to Bill Yeoman so that was what we ran. I scored a rare passing TD on a trick play (probably about 40 yards) under the lights at Norman's Harve Collins Field. that was pretty fun. just the whole scenario. it was right before the half and we tied the game against a much, much better Midwest City team that was state runner up....but, needless to say they opened the second half with two quick TD's and everything went as per usual after that.

in person: this is kind of a hard one insofar as i saw pretty much all but 1-2 OU home games between 1978 and 1988 (seeing Billy Sims, JC Watts, Holieway, some Stanford freshman named Elway beat OU on a rainy day, LT for a top 10 Carolina team, etc)...my first game my dad took me was in 75 (Joe Washington, the Selmons). but, as for it's "significance" at the time in the OU-Nebraska rivalry....when Tom had got over the "can't beat Barry" hump to some degree with the Gill, Rozier, Craig, Rathman, Fryer bunch (though they sweat a couple in Norman) in the early 80's....and in the perspective that the two "giants" of the Big 8 were also dueling over how to run the option the best (two fairly distinct philosophies with a variety of wrinkles and trick plays off base plays along the way in the history of the series) when OU ran this one....it put OU "back on top" of the option throne (no small source of pride in the rivalry).

i was sitting in the North endzone (section 19) where our view was nearly exactly that off the replay (below) and we all saw the play develop before the rest of the stadium started to go nuts. great vantage point. and, later, OU went on the defeat Penn St. in the Orange Bowl and win the MNC. (Now, my Dad used to pheasant hunt in NE with some Nebraska buddies and the losers of the previous year's game bought tickets for the winners the years the OU-NU game was in Lincoln and he never missed one of the Switzer-Osborne games at either venue....so, he saw a lot of great one's in Lincoln, especially the back to back years in 86 and 87 which were both special for OU fans).

watch Spencer Tillman (#20) fight off a block up the middle and disappear off screen only to re-appear down field blocking.

Last edited by King Crimson on Sat May 24, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

my greatest memory, though, would be walking up the ramps into the stadium with my dad and the smell of cheap stogies from all the old-timey Wilkinson era fans and their aqua net haired wives. Sound of the AM radio pregame off the transistor radios and band playing on the field. Norman was a good time on gameday for a kid. still is, i'm sure.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Participant- (no great football feats) HS baseball, league championship tilt. Playing CF I come in on a line drive and make a sliding catch pop up and hose the go ahead run at the plate to end the inning. Next inning I drive in the winning run with a monsterous.....suicide squeeze bunt. Pioneers win!!!!!

Spectator- Tough call. The 97 OSU game, finishing the season undefeated, the BigHouse was so loud and electric. I remember going on the field after the game, the players coming back out. I gave J. Tuman a cigar. I shook Griese's hand and told him "thank You". The band played The Victors over and over as the fans, students, and players reveled in the glory. No couches were harmed in the celebration.
Last edited by WolverineSteve on Fri May 23, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Great replay.

Watching that it is amazing how the officiating has changed. I noticed about six things that would be illegal now. The biggest of those being the crackback block that helps the TE get to the sideline. Also noticed how the mechanics of the officials has totally changed for the better. Notice neither of the deep guys you can see in the picture is anywhere near the goal line when the ball crosses it. The white hat also stays stationary with his hands on his knees even as the ball reverses direction and passes within a yard or two of him.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

WolverineSteve wrote:Participant- (no great football feats) HS baseball...
man, did you every play in that shitty adray league when you were younger? i think it was like $1 to sign up and everyone absolutely sucked. i remember catching a line drive at short and chasing down the fucker trying to run back to first because it was a lot easier than throwing it to first and having some cripple drop the ball.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

PSUFAN wrote:That was a matchup that our hometown official propelled PSU to their first MNC.
You can thank me later for FTFY.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Participant: Beating the shit out of Douglas Byrd in state playoffs (NC) after they narrowly beat us during the regular season. We went on to get clobbered by West Charlotte in the state title game.

Spectator: Definatly the 2000 NT game against Florida State. Shook the stadium during the NU game but chanting OOOOOKLLLLAHHHHHOMAAAA to the tomahawk chop topped it for me! 11 1/2 under dogs my crimson ass! I have to say that the Texass A&M ass kicking in the early 90s was pretty special as well. They thought they were coulda been contenders before they came to Norman...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I honestly have no great memories as a participant. I played flag football through grade school and one year of "midget football" (that's what they called it in NE) in 6th grade. I was on the offensive line, which was where they put all the slow, uncoordinated kids. I briefly considered playing in junior high, but to give you some perspective, I was the tallest kid on the 7th grade basketball team and still only saw spot duty. As much as I'd like to blame smoking and drinking for my lack of sports participation, the fact is that I was a terrible athlete long before I picked up any bad habits (not that they've helped). Whenever I play pickup basketball (which is also pretty rare these days, as I seem especially prone to ankle sprains), I always have to let everyone know not to pick me too early just because I'm tall. I might be the only able-bodied 6'4" dude on the planet who can't even grab the rim, let alone dunk.

As a spectator, I've seen quite a few great games. In terms of national significance, the most important game I've ever seen was the first BCS(M)NC game here in AZ between OSU and UF. The game itself turned out to be pretty lopsided though. I've been to five of the past seven Fiesta Bowls, but of course the two that I missed were the two best ones: OSU's double OT win over Miami and Boise St.'s OT win over OU.

As far as fondest memories go, two games really stand out:

1. Colorado beats Nebraska 20-10 in 1986. This was my first game ever at Folsom and the first time CU had beaten Nebraska since 1967. This game really marked the arrival of Coach Mac and foreshadowed the shift of power in the Big 8.

2. 62-36. 'Nuff said.
"Keys, woman!"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

M Club wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:Participant- (no great football feats) HS baseball...
man, did you every play in that shitty adray league when you were younger? i think it was like $1 to sign up and everyone absolutely sucked. i remember catching a line drive at short and chasing down the fucker trying to run back to first because it was a lot easier than throwing it to first and having some cripple drop the ball.
I'm a few years older than you but the Adray league at my local park (Levagood) was pretty deece. The uni's Mr. Adray bought for everyone were solid. All the teams had the same uni's in different colors. I used to love looking at the standings in the local Dearborn rag.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

the press & guide? ha, i used to deliver that fucker and have to go around once a month begging people to pay. turned me off the idea of business forever.

there were some elements of the adray league that were decent. i think they had a pretty respectable night league. i used to visit for the summers and generally played in that shitty league i mentioned because it started after school let out. when i eventually moved there i was in a different, much better league that started when little leagues generally do. we did have the same jerseys/different colors in adray, though they were just t-shirts. i've seen a few ironic hipsters wearing them a couple times when i've been back to see my parents.

i forget the name of our local park. it was at the corner of greenfield and ford rd. ford field? my stepmom used to drop me off at levagood so she could forget about me and my sister for a couple hours a day. high dive and an extraordinarily warm kiddy pool. awesome.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Participant: My sophomore year we were playing at home in the 6A semi-final against Pensacola. We were up seven with a little over two minutes left when Pensacola mounted a drive. With about a minute left and them on our 35 yd line, one of our CB's who signed with Syracuse, picked it off and returned it for a TD. Almost the entire team ran down and jumped on the dog pile. We advanced to the State Finals to play Carol City who was led by Santana Moss.

Spectator: The Alabama/FSU game this past year in Jacksonville. It had a bowl game atmosphere. The play that stands out was the 81yd TD by De'Cody fagg to put FSU up 21-7. The stadium exploded when he out raced everyone to the house.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Cicero wrote:Participant: My sophomore year we were playing at home in the 6A semi-final against Pensacola. We were up seven with a little over two minutes left when Pensacola mounted a drive. With about a minute left and them on our 35 yd line, one of our CB's who signed with Syracuse, picked it off and returned it for a TD. Almost the entire team ran down and jumped on the dog pile. We advanced to the State Finals to play Carol City who was led by Santana Moss.
Participating is not the same as being the fourth string strong safety. You probably didn't see more than five minutes of mop-up time that season. Lick my balls.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cicero wrote:Participant: My sophomore year we were playing at home in the 6A semi-final against Pensacola. We were up seven with a little over two minutes left when Pensacola mounted a drive. With about a minute left and them on our 35 yd line, one of our CB's who signed with Syracuse, picked it off and returned it for a TD. Almost the entire team ran down and jumped on the dog pile. We advanced to the State Finals to play Carol City who was led by Santana Moss.

Spectator: The Alabama/FSU game this past year in Jacksonville. It had a bowl game atmosphere. The play that stands out was the 81yd TD by De'Cody fagg to put FSU up 21-7. The stadium exploded when he out raced everyone to the house.
I call BS... he said Pensacola made the playoffs! Escambia or Pine Forrest I could buy but Pcola High, NEVER!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Participant - Never played organized football at any level. My greatest memory of playing would come from either baseball or hockey

Spectator - Tough to choose here. Our first ever game in 1997 would rank right up there, but I'd have to go with the win over WVU last season. It was the first time we had ever filled the stadium to capacity and the atmosphere was just incredible. A very sloppy game for sure, but not sitting for the entire game and riding that emotional roller coaster made it that much more special.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Participant: 8th Grade (my last year to play football). Had 2 INTs and kicked a 42 yard field goal, my longest ever in a game.

Live: 1999 A&M vs. t.u. This was right after the Bonfire collapsed. t.u. band showed some class at halftime with an A&M flag and played our fight song. A severely undermatched and inspired A&M team goes on to win 20-16 in this my senior year at A&M. My best friend and I scored 50 yard line seats on the alumni side 7 rows up. We sat right behind Randy McCown's (our QB) parents. It was the only game I attended as a student where I did not sit in the student section...and well worth it.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Participant: Never played football after middle school, but was in some intermural flag football games in college. I guess my greatest memory of that was when we were in the playoffs and were down 2 TDs with only a couple minutes left. They had the ball and I was playing zone coverage. I was reading the QBs eyes and saw that he was going to hit a crossing route underneath. I cut the route and intercepted the pass and took it to the house. Did not convert the extra point. Down 8 which meant we needed a TD and a 7 yard 2 point conversion to tie the game and send it to OT. We got the ball back, but we were deep in our own territory with less than a minute to play. I was lined up in the slot and ran a double move route, got behind my guy and caught a deep ball that put us in business. We scored on a long pass to another teammate and now we needed the 2-point conversion to tie it. I was the tallest guy on the team, so they wanted to throw a fade in the corner of the endzone to me. I lined up on the slot and ran an outpost, but two guys followed me...it was too late, the ball was up in the air. I turnaround and see ball, but could only get my right hand free and up in the air as one of the guys had my left arm tangled with him. The other guy jumps up with me and as he goes to swat the ball, I catch and cradle it in my right hand and fall to the ground still holding the ball. Fucking best catch I've ever made. We ended up winning that game in OT and winning the coveted championship and a T-shirt.

Spectator: Best football game I've ever been to was Houston/Dallas in the inaugural season opener during primetime. It was so loud that you couldn't even hear Paul's steps if he were within 100 miles of Houston. That is fucking loud.

Best college game I've ever been to was the UH/So. Miss Conference Championship in 2006. Kevin Kolb was a beast that game. The crowd was electric...reminded me of the ol' Run-n-Shoot days of Klingler and Ware. Great fucking game.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Live: Got to see the 5th down game vs Colorado and got to see the Kicked ball vs Nebraska. And several 70-0 pastings teams gave MU in the 90's!

playing wise: almost broke Butler By'notes neck, got him good on a kickoff return. He left in an ambulance. Beat our Rivals with a reverse for a TD with under a minute to go, then beat them playing on varsity with a punt return. if i was 4-5 inches taller, i could of, would of, should of, blah blah blah!. Degenerate disks(L1-L5) plus being 5'9, and i was looking at william Jewell or one of the tard schools where the," couldnt hack it in highschool flunkies" went and played. while 4.67 wasn't blazing speed, i had closing speed and was able to get myself open! A poorer mans largent! No regrets on quitting, some days, my back was fucked up so bad, my whole leg would be numb! I would like to thank my ancestors, while i wasn;t able to inherit $$$ from them, i appreciate the Bad Back, and receding hair line! thanx!
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Both of those are big time brain farts by the officials. Man to see both of those in person is wild.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Left Seater wrote:Both of those are big time brain farts by the officials. Man to see both of those in person is wild.
to be honest, i had no problem with the kick ball:

it was a 1 in a million deal. i was in complete shock, but not like in 5th down game, we were partying in the stands, then realized they were lining up again. Then the defense stopped CU on 5th down, and we went nuts again, till we seen a jerkoff in stripes calling it a TD. He was close to a foot short of getting in on 5th down, there is the shame, the 5th down was horrid, calling it a td while he was a foot short was worse.

Both of those games figured into national titles. CU went on to win a title that year and NU shared a title with Michigan!

my favorite DOH game, or the epitomy of MU football was when Indiana had a ranked team and came to CoMO, with thompson at RB, Mu had ball down to IU 10 with 4 secs to go(down 2). They called time out, got the FG team on, and Jacke boots it off the up right! shook my head, headed for the gates, i knew he was going to miss it, it was meant to be for MU fans. Another kick in the groin!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

CU shared their title in 90 with Georgia Tech.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:CU shared their title in 90 with Georgia Tech.
I still think Virginia was really the best team that season.

UnRack kickers chocking on 3 FGs!!!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Left Seater wrote:Both of those are big time brain farts by the officials. Man to see both of those in person is wild.
The kick-ball was a brainfart and it wasn't. Within the context of football rules it definitely should've been called. Within the context of how that game in-general was refereed it shouldn't have been. I have watched replays of that game. The refs didn't pull their hankies out for shit that game and quite often it was Mizzou prospering from it. There were plenty of WTF? moments when it came to that officiating. If the refs had called the rest of that game well I'd have had no problem with them calling the kick-ball. But it would be total hypocrisy to flag us when they didn't call shit the rest of the game, hell we may well have not needed a shitty no-call if they if they'd called a tight game before. They didn't call a good game but at-least they called a consistent one.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Spectator: A tie.

Watching Charlie Ward bring FSU back at Ga. Tech in 93. Same year: Charlie Ward to Matt Frier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB46wMbt ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What were we just talking about?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

I call BS... he said Pensacola made the playoffs! Escambia or Pine Forrest I could buy but Pcola High, NEVER!
It was P-Cola in 1996. They had badass RB names Demontray Carter who went to Auburn.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Participant: I'm going a slightly different route here. I played in jr high, and in high school, but none of that really "meant" shit to me 'cause I wasn't a big rah-rah guy back then. I did my part to step on heads, and, in turn, got my head stepped upon a bit as well. The circle of football life, I guess. My most notorious game would be an 8th grade game when I racked up more penalty yards (late hits, mostly) from the corner than I did receiving yards as a tight end.

But, the route that I'm going is an intramural game back in 1994. I don't remember who we were playing; boy Pi Phi's, I think, but I do remember tearing my right ACL (etc..) for the first time during that game. I was looking at my knee when it happened. I had never been around any kind of injury like that - had never even seen it on TV or anything (well, Theisman, but that was just gruesome no matter what) either... but, as soon as it happened, I knew it was my ACL. It was weird... like a little Voice of Fuck inside my head.

Anyway, if it weren't for that ACL tear, I probably never would have learned how to shoot a basketball, and I probably wouldn't have ever cared about the game as much as I do today.

Spectator: Well, I got to OU in 1992, and I didn't miss many games up until 1998, and by then, it was because I got too drunk before the games to even make it over to the stadium. (That ended the next season, though... Wonder why?)

- OU v. 'Cuse, 1997: Donovan McNabb who? A John Blake-"led" "team" managed to hang with the mighty orange, and then blocked what would have been a game-winning last second field goal. It was glorious.

- OU v. Nebraska, 1994: Two reasons... 1) they were WAAAAAY better than us, and I never really felt like we were out of that game, even though they were #1 and would go on to prove it for the next two years, and then again in 1997. 2) one of my fraternity brothers, to the best of my knowledge, got away with the earliest known appearance of "the shocker" on national television while screaming "3-way, 3-way," as that used to be our symbol to imply consentual sexual intercourse between one male and two willing and ready female participants. Watching that tape later was glorious, although finding a copy of it was Bond-esque on our parts...

- OU v. OSU, 1993: A shitty, nasty, rainy game... I mean, OU dominated though. I really remember it more for what went down after that game, I guess. It was a great game, though. Even though we had over 100 yards worth of penalties, we held them to 31 yards total offense. I watched the game with 2 OSU fans who were friends of mine in high school and attending OSU at the time of the game.

- OU v. A&M, 1997: Without a doubt, the coldest I have ever been in my entire life. I'm sure we lost the game, but I honestly don't remember. That memory still hasn't completely thawed in my brain yet.

- OU v. Nebraska, 1996: 71-23, and I stayed for as much of it as I was physically able. By that point, I usually didn't even bother hiding the fact that I was drinking at the games. I think subconsciously, I wanted to get kicked out. Anyway, I left the game early, and went to party with some Nebraska tailgaters. I wound up riding to Dallas with them to party after the game. This was memorable because I knew that it would never get worse than that right there. As much as I loved football, watching the team that I loved get beaten by almost 50 points crushed me... and I still woke up the next day. Weird.

...anyway, the drinking heavily continued, even into the Stoops era, because, by then, I didn't know anything else. Football = Natty. There IS no argument.

So, that's my list. What's up, everybody? :D

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

^^^ Probably the only guy I go out of my way to read in this forum... honorable mention Froz. And orc, of course. My lot in life... loving Soonerfans, when I've been hurt by that team (recently) like no other.

Rack the list, skull.

My list is short, 'cause I've only actually been to 1 game in Columbia. Colorado and Chris Brown ran up and down the field at will and it pretty much sucked being a Tigerfan that day.

But by damn, Mizzou has the hottest cheerleaders in the Big XII.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

I appreciate the love, man. I guess I shouldn't be a stranger around here, eh?

I left one out because it's really just a funny drunken moment (mainly for me) more than anything.

It was one of the Nebraska games in the 1990's. I want to say 1995, but I'm not positive. It was after a lot of their "issues" with the law, their "misrememberings" of team rules, etc... between LP and the Fabulous Peter Bros, etc... Anyway, it was before the game, but groups of people, mainly fraternities and sororites, used to send big groups of people to take up a lot of space before games, usually pledges, and then, as it got closer to game time, more people from those fraternities and sororities would just come along and fill in the blanks.

Well, this was the pre-game stuff, and I, being mired in the Schnell... fuck it... in the Captain Kangggggggggg-a-roo era (thank you, Statler Brothers) in Soonerland, I was pretty piss-drunk. I just remember watching them stretch even, and thinking, "God, they're so much better than us; so much more disciplined. At least we're not throwing anybody down stairs..." Then, I yelled at the field (and was audible, at least to the sidelines as a few people turned and looked) "Clap if you've ever been arrested for a felony!" I yelled this as they were coming out of toe-touches, after which the whole team clapped in unison.

There was a big sorority group right behind me, which was nice... as I then became the cool, funny guy. But, it was a double-edged sword as they were a "house of ill repute," (the Alpha Phi's, Mike...) around campus. I wound up drinking a lot the rest of that year, I'll put it that way. In fact, I was watching the NFL draft when Cedric Jones got taken #5 overall (idiot Giants) with a girl that I'd met that day at her date party. ...and got the verbal crap kicked out of me by a few of her sisters later that night when I ditched her for one of her pledges. (Abby Wiseman, and Kathleen Frech, respectively, Froz, if you remember the names... which may or may not have been changed to protect the not-as-innocent-as-they'd-have-you-believe.)

Ah, college. Those days were like that f'ing ABC Family show, Greek, only there weren't too many girls hotter than Frazier's daughter (Spenser Grammar) running around campus that I was aware of...

the_ouskull
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

the_ouskull wrote:Ah, college. That decade was like that f'ing ABC Family show, Greek, only there weren't too many girls hotter than Frazier's daughter (Spenser Grammar) running around campus that I was aware of...

the_ouskull
ftfy
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Well, it wasn't a decade. Technically, it was 13 years, but it was broken up quite a bit...

92-97, 03-05.

I just managed to stay on / around Norman and make friendly with enough people to keep getting "campus perks." (Gym, tickets, sororities, beer specials, student movie prices, etc...)

:D

the_ouskull