NBA + Soccer = ?

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

NBA + Soccer = ?

Post by Goober McTuber »

I am not a huge fan of the current NBA. But I have flipped on several playoff games when there was no Hockey/NASCAR/Golf on. It seems that a soccer mentality has invaded the NBA, particularly involving European players. Doesn’t the NBA have a “flopping” rule that allows for a technical foul to be assessed against these would-be thespians? (Save your thespian=WNBA takes clones – I’m not reading them.)
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: NBA + Soccer = ?

Post by The Seer »

E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

If they fined the foul whiners and called fouls only on the players who actually committed them the game might become almost watchable.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mister Bushice wrote:If they fined the foul whiners

Yeah, that'll happen.

Newsflash -- Stern sees Yao as his biggest marketing tool in the entire league. Wouldn't be consistant with his plan to start charging the Chinese government money for Yao playing hee, since if they fined whiners, his salary would be in the red.

Matter of fact, it's possible that Texas has the most NBA suport of any individual state. Now, if the NBA fined whiners to the point that they'd make more money Supersizing Paul's orders than they'd make in the NBA, do you honestly believe that the NBA is going to run every 7-foot player out of the state of Texas?

Is there some rule that says if you play in Texas and are 7 foot +, you must compete to be the biggest fucking crybaby in the NBA?

Or as our colorful color announcer here always reminds us, the Big Three are 7-footers from Texas -- Yao, Dirk, and Timmy.

Every other NBA player not named Tyson Chandler combined doesn't whine as much as those three combined.

From this we can conclude that Tyson Chandler will be playing for Dallas, SA, or Houston soon.

Fuck, I'm glad my team purged that shit. Although the whining records that Rasheed set here may never be broken. Clyde Drexler was a tough act to follow, but Sheed pulled it off in spectacular fashion. Now, the coach has to yell at guys to get them to take a T. Kind of a refreshing change of pace.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one