csn chicago: det at chi for next year's outdoor game

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan

csn chicago: det at chi for next year's outdoor game

Post by Screw_Michigan »

at wrigley in 09.

hopefully Associated Press (not Atomic Puke) will have something on this tomorrow.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: csn chicago: det at chi for next year's outdoor game

Post by MuchoBulls »

I thought I saw a rumor where the NHL was looking to have the Rangers play the WIngs in Yankee Stadium before they knock it down.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf ... utdoo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the idea of the Wings playing in Wrigley and the house that Ruth built. Why should it be one or the other, let's play two!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

WolverineSteve wrote:Why should it be one or the other, let's play two!
Because Bettman doesn't like good ideas.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Obvious Alert: Bettman got into a pissing match over money with the City of NY. That's the only thing I can see preventing the forcasted Rangers-Bruins matchup at the Stadium.

Fuck Wrigley Field. Place smells like a god damn toilet. Have the game at Solider Field, where you can get 20k more people in the stands.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:I thought I saw a rumor where the NHL was looking to have the Rangers play the WIngs in Yankee Stadium before they knock it down.

I had heard Rangers-Islanders at THE Stadium and it was pretty much a done deal so I'm surprised to hear that this announcement. I'd love to be at Wrigley to see that one...it should be a very unique experience for sure. I agree with Screw...Soldier Field would've made more sense because it seems football stadiums provide the best seating. Wrigley will be a more intimate setting...curious to see how they set that up.