Keith Nichol leaving Oklahoma

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Keith Nichol leaving Oklahoma

Post by Shoalzie »

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... 048/SPORTS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't feel bad for him in the first place for turning down State to go to Oklahoma only to sit behind Bradford. You had to believe that after John LLLLLLL was let go by State, he'd open up his options since it wasn't a guarantee State would hire another coach that runs the spread. The rumor machines are churning up here about him coming home and either going to State or even jumping to Michigan now that they've adopted the spread. He probably could've unseated Hoyer at some point last year or maybe going into this coming year had he stuck with State. I'm sure he'll find a place to play but he took a gamble with going away from the local team where he had a better chance to play in favor of the higher profile national program.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Re: Keith Nichol leaving Oklahoma

Post by Danimal »

With Bradford(assuming he doesn't leave early) camped-out at #1 qb for three more seasons you can't blame this kid for looking at greener pastures. He was a 4* stud coming out of high school, not many qb's like that are gonna accept riding pine for their career.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Believe the Heupel wrote:http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =5&t=27990

Kinda buried in there, though.

My bad...too lazy to dig.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Considering the year that Bradford had last year, Nichol, who coaches and fans were fairly high on, likely would have only seen the field in the event of an injury or a blowout. For some guys, that's okay, but for him, it's not, and I respect that. There aren't any hard feelings here in Norman, for sure. In fact, as sad as I am to say it, there really aren't any feelings about it one way or the other. I was on campus all day yesterday for graduation, and I never heard so much as one conversation start about it.

Bradford, it is. There are worse sophomores out there to start your season with, I suppose...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

the_ouskull wrote:Considering the year that Bradford had last year, Nichol, who coaches and fans were fairly high on, likely would have only seen the field in the event of an injury or a blowout. For some guys, that's okay, but for him, it's not, and I respect that. There aren't any hard feelings here in Norman, for sure. In fact, as sad as I am to say it, there really aren't any feelings about it one way or the other. I was on campus all day yesterday for graduation, and I never heard so much as one conversation start about it.

Bradford, it is. There are worse sophomores out there to start your season with, I suppose...

the_ouskull

IMHO, the one time he saw the field last year he looked absolutly horrible.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Who? Nichol or Bradford?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

the_ouskull wrote:Who? Nichol or Bradford?

the_ouskull
Nichol... can't even remember the game but it was early in the season and I think it was only a drive or two but he couldn't get the ball within 5 yards of a receiver for the most part.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/f ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

off to MSU.. WOW!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

MSU is off to a hell of a start in recruiting, now they have landed a nice transfer, things are looking good for D'Antonio. Will be looking really good if MSU can live up to their preseason top25 love, but only time will tell if that is deserved
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

off to MSU.. WOW!
Barring something crazy, this was expected. He was a big fan of MSU growing up. I'm not sure he'll be as good as Kirk Cousins though, MSU's freshman qb.