Y'all find a loophole?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Re: Y'all find a loophole?

Post by SoCalTrjn »

played the 2nd place team in the league yesterday, used the good pitchers and didnt give up a run. Cant keep the foot on the accelerator the whole game so they gave up 2 runs in a blow out when I let a kid who hadnt pitched before give it a try. Yeah the scores get ran up to leave no doubt who the better team is and appease the parents who want to see their kids play. Those kids are all fundamentally sound baseball players and their parents spend a lot of money paying for personal coaching, I dont do anything but stand next to them in the picture and keep their pitch counts below 45. Oh and watch them blow out the 2nd place team 23-0
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

im starting to think this is all a troll job.

couple years back i was the coach of my girls softball team (10-11 year olds). we won 2 games all season. and finished 4th in the league tourny. The girls didnt care. and all they ever wanted to do was to do some silly chants in the 'doug' out and get icecream. (which thankfully the parents payed for). 3 games into the season, my daughter broke her finger and was out for the rest of the season. I kept coaching because I felt the need to show them that i had agreed to coach and i was going to see it through. it made it real easy to be objectional when choosing positions. in fact i let the girls choose which position they wanted to play most innings. we would get blown out by some team that was just like schmucks team. we would leave the field singing and laughing.
I still have girls come up to me that were on that team and say how much fun they had when i was the coach.

on a side note I didnt coach the next year, as my daughter didnt want to play, but the team returned like 12 of the 15 girls. they won every game the next year and still had the same amount of fun doing it.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

This team is 11 and 12 year olds and all of them play on travel ball teams here in Orange County. To them the Pony games are fun, they go to the same school with everyone on the team and all hang out together when theyre not doing the travel team stuff. Before we did this Pony thing last year these kids parents and I all sort of talked to eachother about how great it would be for all the kids to be on the same team. We sort of manipulated the draft by having none of them show up for it aside from my 2 sons and the assist coaches sons who were all on the protect list. The board started to get suspicious when my first 5 picks were kids who didnt try out but we wound up with the 10 core players, 3 more joined the team this year but 2 had to quit when their schedules with their travel teams made it too hectic.
I guess if it was 12 kids who just joined up for Pony and their parents werent already friends the winning and stuf wouldnt matter as much but these kids set their goal for a title and a perfect season and they're 4 games from reaching their goal. After this they have Jr High School and 2 more years of travel ball and then they will go on to seperate High Schools, this team has been nothing but fun for them. Plus we told them that as long as theyre up by 15 runs they can goof off.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

we drafted the players that were in line. manipulating the draft is a form of cheating. as is having practice for the "traveling" team and since its the same coach as the other teams, hey its all within the rules. its still a form of cheating. All youve taught your kids is how to play the system. did you have them fill out unemployment check as well?

if ur manipulating the system you are cheating.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Yeah the scores get ran up to leave no doubt who the better team is and appease the parents who want to see their kids play. Those kids are all fundamentally sound baseball players and their parents spend a lot of money paying for personal coaching, I dont do anything but stand next to them in the picture and keep their pitch counts below 45
It's the parents, along with you who are fucking nuts. I'll bet these parents have private hitting, pitching, running, fielding coaches, along with psychologists, nutritionists, personal training, weight lifting etc......all in the hopes that their little Johnny gets drafted. Well they're as off the handle as you are. So go spend your money trying to get your kids that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. They'll end up hating you in the long run because you've robbed them of something called childhood. So you can count to 45?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Laxplayer wrote:
So you can count to 45?
Come on LAX haven't you been paying attention? The kids on the travel team have private tutors since they miss so much school time on their world tours. Therefore the math tutor counts to 45 and then just let's him know when the number is reached.

Damn man keep up! :D
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I'm trying Lefty. Maybe I can't keep up because I didn' thave a fucking lunatic for a coach when I was 12. You know, just so my own kids can learn how to keep up we'll start with the private everything to chase those millions so maybe I can retire early.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Only 1 player that i can think of is home schooled.
These kids dont all play on the same travel ball team, they're probably on 7 or 8 different teams, the kids all live in the same neighborhood and hang out with eachother. All the parents have known each other for around 4 years and met at a baseball camp. After hanging out at different tournaments all the kids decided they wanted to all play on the same team and us parents decided to go with the Pony league because they allowed legacy teams to carry over from year to year.
No one is getting hurt from our kids playing on the same team, they all joined the league together and the league was able to have 1 team more than they would have been able to have without all these kids signing up. If we werent able to get them all on the same team none of them would have likely played.