Do you wear a tie to work?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Do you wear a tie to work?

Post by Dan Vogel »

I wear a tie on most days, and always a necktie. The only time I usually might not is on Friday when the atmosphere is a little bit looser. This has been for over ten years now and I thought about shaking things up. So I might buy a handful of bow ties to wear maybe a few days a month. I've always thought they had an "intellectual" look about them. I see a few people on tv wearing them. Tucker Carlson sometimes does and they look nice on him.

Susan has a soccer game after school today. After that I'm taking the family to dinner and then the mall. The wife has a few items on her list and the kids always like the mall. I'll scout around some myself and pick out a few bow ties. That's my plan now. What do you think about it? It's not a midlife crisis thing. LOL

Do you wear a tie to work? Does anyone ever wear a bow tie or is it always a necktie? Or do you dress casually? Maybe some of you work from home these days.

I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: Do you wear a tie to work?

Post by PSUFAN »

I hope mvscal serves vogel testicle ceviche at his next soirée. I'll wear a tie to that, and use it as a napkin.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Ties are no requirement for me Dan, although I do wear them sometimes.

Mostly, I like to wear them when you're out of town as Mrs. Vogel likes to pretend I'm some big shot CEO, stopping by on my lunch break to destroy her vagina. I tickle her anus with the end of the tie before I plow in head first like Jaws attacking the ORCA. She also likes to get wild and freaky with some hot-ass paisley neck tie bondage.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

No tie. I wear a pearl necklace everyday and once in a while I'll mix in a pearl broach.

sin,

Goober M.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I have a fan club. Sweet.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Is it me, or is goobs always the common denominator of these little bitch fights that spam the forums.

You know who I blame for this? The tards who let Goobs get under their skin.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You have to understand - sfaf is one of the most thin-skinned pussies on the entire internet. He had a fairly amusing thing going for a while with his automatic "who gives a fuck" responses, but one day someone lobbed a little smack at him, and he's been shedding his lining ever since.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Next to McFly on a tree branch.

ghey.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Sirfindafold wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:Next to McFly on a tree branch.

ghey.
Thanks for proving my point, dumbass. Got any 5 year old jokes you want to share with us?

Looks like Paul has his work cut out for him if he wants to remain the board bitch of this place.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Here's a collection Dan should look at. I'm sure he's a big Deadhead.

http://www.thesilktiefactory.com/jergarnecmet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dan Vogel wrote:So I might buy a handful of bow ties to wear maybe a few days a month. I've always thought they had an "intellectual" look about them. I see a few people on tv wearing them.
Please don't. Should you lean over a piece of machinery, it is practically impossible for a bowtie to get caught in it resulting in your strangulation and impending death.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

This one might look good on him too...

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Not only do I not wear a tie to work, I usually wear shorts and t-shirts in the summer. Around my office, Dockers are considered formal wear.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Retired teacher speaks up (wondering if there is a set uniform in Lab Rat's world) began my career with shirt-tie-jacket. Eventually the jacket went, then the tie. At least I always wore dress slacks and a dress shirt.
Nice to know that the fast food biz in the Rochester NY area allows shorts and T-shirts for their help.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Charles De Mar
Elwood

Post by Charles De Mar »

I dont wear a tie.
yumyumsaladbar wrote:Hey Pickle. I think we're going to be friends
Do you know when you have a wank in the tub and the spunk gets all rubbery and floats to the surface? - thats pretty much like your posts on this forum. You seem to me like like some sort of rubberized jism ....floating on a sea of soapy piss water
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

It all depends upon the client. I follow their style. I start off wearing a tie and suit jacket on the first day and most often just wear a shirt and tie after that (no jacket).

My last client was on the West Coast and they tend to be much more casual than the East Coast. So, I just wore a dress shirt (yes, also pants and shoes).

I have over 200 ties to fit any occasion but I have no bow ties. They look dweeby and gax to me. Very few can pull of wearing a bow tien and look suave.
If you are in good shape and look like strong, that helps. If you are frail or skinny.. do not attempt to wear the bow tie. Also, I think you have to wear a sharp suit and vest to complete the look. A bow tie without a jacket doesn't cut it unless you are doing Chippendales.

Put it on and ask a few ladies that you trust how it looks...If they say no... Put the thing away. If they smile, you might just be a "Bow Tie Man"

Some can wear them and some can't!!
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ why don't you just fuck yourself and go back to tards.net where you can post enlightening and thoughtful posts like the "General Error" thread you posted over there. Whore.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jack,

You weren't supposed to answer the question seriously. In any event, I think a cement body cast would suit you best.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Nope. I go with boots, jeans, and a pearl snap shirt.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

What is the purpose of a tie? What does it do?

1. they are napkins
2. they are for fashion-oriented girls to gawk at, and determine whether or not they will sleep with you in 5 seconds or less.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Dan Vogel wrote:I wear a tie on most days, and always a necktie.
Nice of you to give Cowboy mvscal something to hang on to, buckaroo.

See guys, this is what we need. More of that all-American, wide-open spirit shown by Dan.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Jsc810 wrote:But whatever you do, DON'T wear bow ties to the office. Just trust me on this one, ok?
Thanks for the advice. I picked out 4 bow ties that I liked at the mall but don't know if I'll be brave enough to really wear one of them to work. Even on a Friday. I like your idea of spicing things up by wearing some different and creative ties instead. The Beatles ties are pretty cool I admit. I might do some more brainstorming and look around on the internet to find some other creative neckties to maybe buy. I'll put the bow tie idea on hold for now.

Thanks Jsc810 I apprecite it.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

:brad: Dan, I'd like to wear your aorta as a necktie, you god-thumped nincompoop. I'd like to scalp your armpits and sew them onto your head as makeshift eyebrows. Then I'd jam my finger up to the third knuckle into your schnoss and do the hand lambada with your eyeball connector thingies.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Nothing says "Punch me in the face" like a bow tie. Skinny ties and knit ties rank right up there.

I'm stuck wearing ties again after a 15-year hiatus. I think I look pretty damn spiffy and I get smiles from the girl, although my old man neighbor likes to yell out his door, "So you think your a big shot now?"
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

Dan, it's this simple. If you are looking at bow ties, it means that you don't want your tie to compete with your cleavage. If you don't have a cleavage disruptor issue, then just choose a colorful and however inventive long tie you want. If you keep this up, I'm going to have to invite you go to shoe shopping with me.