Peter Queen ranks 'em, 1-32

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Peter Queen ranks 'em, 1-32

Post by poptart »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... index.html

This is all a jerk off session, but it's May, so what the hey?
Lube it up.

- New England isn't #1 now and they sure as shit won't be in Feb. '09 either

- The Faguars are #3?? hmmmm ..... maybe

- SD is #5 -- and destined for 8-8, IMO

- NYG #6 -- cue Rodney Dangerfield

- Minnesota #7 is a good call, and maybe better than that if they get QBing

- Oakland is #30?? Fuck off, they're at least 29.

React
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: Peter Queen ranks 'em, 1-32

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
React
Denver is seriously overrated at 23-given Shanahan's piss poor showing in the draft, Cutler being diagonosed with diabetes, and the signing of Sammie Parker pretty much insures they are going to suck monkey testes this year
get out, get out while there's still time
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I think his assessment of the Redskins was spot on. Further, I think he has the NFC locked down pretty tight. Dallas and the New York Football Giants will be the top contenders with Phili and Washington floundering behind them.

It no longer hurts to say it. It is what it is. The Skins have been "rebuilding" for almost a decade now. Snyder hasn't completely figured out that HE's the problem. He always said he wants to win. Apparently not bad enough to get out of the way.

He could steal a page out of Jerry Jones' book and CHANGE. Or continue on the path to becoming the NFC East's Al Davis. As the author stated, it's not clear which direction Snyder is heading.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

King is dead on about the Texans. This team can go 6-10 or 10-6; however, I honestly do believe it will be more likely the latter. The Texans had the most players on the IR last year among all 32 teams, so they went out and added depth at almost every position. So now, if someone goes down, a deece canidate can step in and play. D-Rob's return and the chemistry of the secondary is still the key.

I think the D-line is going to turn some heads this year.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

30. Oakland. We're beating a dead Darth Vader to say it's broke, and Al's not fixing it. Winning 4, 5, 4, 2 and 4 games over the last five years (New England won 18 last year; Oakland's won 19 in a half-decade) should tell you something. But it doesn't tell the Raiders anything, except, "Let's keep doing what we've been doing and see what happens.''

...and this said, the Duhs still ranked above the Chiefs...WOW! talk about a shot to Chiefans groin...
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ChargerMike wrote: ..and this said, the Duhs still ranked above the Chiefs...WOW! talk about a shot to Chiefans groin...
Not really. We're so used to mediocrity... or worse, that we've grown a set of cast iron balls. Not only that, but they've raised season ticket prices and are advertising on radio and TV for the first time in many years. It's going to be a tough sell.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

It takes a mighty good marketing campaign to sell suck.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

ChargerMike wrote:30. Oakland. We're beating a dead Darth Vader to say it's broke, and Al's not fixing it. Winning 4, 5, 4, 2 and 4 games over the last five years (New England won 18 last year; Oakland's won 19 in a half-decade) should tell you something. But it doesn't tell the Raiders anything, except, "Let's keep doing what we've been doing and see what happens.''

...and this said, the Duhs still ranked above the Chiefs...WOW! talk about a shot to Chiefans groin...
It is...until the Chiefs finish with a better record.

AGAIN. :lol:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Headhunter wrote:It takes a mighty good marketing campaign to sell suck.

When the Bullets/Wizard sucked ass they would market the other team, or their players, "come see Michael Jordan take on the Wizards". Then of course, the last resort of a faltering enterprise - they hired Michael. It got so sick they even had "throwback" jerseys with his number 23 on it.

No shame.

So far the Redskins aren't at that level yet. I don't foresee them getting there either.

No matter how good the Caps, Wiz, or United do around here it's still a Redskins town.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

For the Texans, I think they do a helluva job of marketing to who they can. Sure, its the 4th largest city, but most anyone outside the city are Cowboy fans. And trust me, there are A LOT of Cowboy fans in Houston as well.

The Cowboys have San Antonio, Austin, Corpus, and a lot of the other smaller cities cornered when it comes to fan base.

Oh yeah, don't even get me started on all the Tennessee Titan fans who reside down here as well. One city, one team, but they have to compete with two other fan clubs. Fuckin' sucks.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

No fucking way. Bud Adams is THE worst owner in football. Sure, he spends money but he does not know anyone or anything about the team. Oh yeah, his idea for a new stadium was to not put any of his own money up front. He wanted the taxpayers to flip the bill for the entire thing. Fuck that.

McNair is 20x the owner Adams is and I like it just fine. I got nothing against Jeff Fisher and the Titans, but fuck Bud Adams.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:Cutler being diagonosed with diabetes
I laffed!

- ElvisMunster
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

mvscal wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:Bud Adams is THE worst owner in football.
Not even close. At least Adams has a decent team. Bill Bidwell is, by far, the worst owner in the league. Alvis is also beginning to edge into that category in his dotage.
We've got a full house over here.. Mike Browns over Katie Blackburns..

the ineptitude that is mike brown and his daughter tumps all.

sorry guys.

1 winning season in 18years. losingest professional franchise of all time i believe!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yes, it's been a dreadful 18 yrs for the Bungholes, pd, BUT, all-time current franchise record-wise, the Texans, DirtyBirds, Saints and Tardinals are all worse.

This is an interesting page to look at if you've got a few minutes to kill.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Do ... ecords.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowboys with the most playoff W's, Texans the fewest.
But the Saints and Falcons have the fewest among teams that have been around a fair amount of time.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

nice link pop! very interesting.

I just know the ownership in the font office is fucking terrible. And way worse than any owner out there.

The list of messed up decisions, draft flops, and draft day mistakes is unreal. Mix in the offer from NO to trade up to get Akili
Its fucking sickening

but I guess it better we didnt, cuz we would have just screwed up those picks as well. Its too bad ive invested as much time in this team as i have only to have them shit on me every fucking year.

in addition since 1968 the bengals have had 16 players selected 1st team probowl selections.

only 1 probowl selection since 2002 (carson)
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

peter dragon wrote: in addition since 1968 the bengals have had 16 players selected 1st team probowl selections.

Didn't Ocho Cinco get in at least a couple of times since then?
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

bill ford sr. is by far the biggest charles de mar in the nfl. his continued employment of matt millen, and the everlasting notoriety of blowing four straight top 10 picks on wide receivers, out front should have told you.

mike mcccaskey (bears) is pretty devoid of functioning brain cells as well. they are going to be horrible this year, that already shitty offense is in shambles and the middle of their defense isn't what it used to be. urlacher turning into a huge pussy doesn't help.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

bill ford sr. is by far the biggest charles de mar in the nfl.
I lay his ineptitude squarely on the shoulders of idiot Lions fans. Ford doesn't give a fukk if the Lions are a laughing stock so long as he's running a successful business. The Lions could go 0-16 every year for the next decade, and the fans will still pack the seats. And of course, these are suburban Michiganders we're talking about here, so not only are they packing seats, they're packing their fat maws at the concession stands.

As a result of this, Ford sees no real reason for change. Hence the reason he's employing moronic, beer drinking buddies with zero experience for key front office positions.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

This is where I take all the grains of salt with which I have taken your blasts at Jerry Jones and make them rain like pacman at a vegas strip club.

Say what you will about Jerrah, But know this... He wants to win and will do anything he can to make that happen. Hasn't always made the right decisions, but Lord he's trying.

I can deal with that.

But back to the thread... The day I take anything Peter King says seriously is the day I deep throat a shotgun.

The Jaguars a a better club than the Cowboys? pfft. Please.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Peter King is probably the most overhyped NFL journalist out there, but I think his assessment was fairly accurate.

Remember, HH, the reason the Jags are probably ranked ahead of the Cowboys RIGHT NOW is probably because Romo hasn't won a playoff game. Dallas still has to prove they can do it in the postseason with this group.

As for owners, I have no beef with Bob McNair. That guy does everything he can to improve the team. He hires the right people to make the personnel decisions. Love McNair. The guy is probably a top 5 owner.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

RevLimiter wrote:
peter dragon wrote: in addition since 1968 the bengals have had 16 players selected 1st team probowl selections.

Didn't Ocho Cinco get in at least a couple of times since then?
chad was drafted in 2001.. so 2 drafted since 2001.. the ineptitude is astounding!

and sad:(
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rumple wrote:He (Bob McNair) hires the right people to make the personnel decisions.
Rumps, Charley Casserly did a horrendous job as Tejan GM.
WHORE END US.

What was that??

Terrible hire by McNair, bottom line.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Well, yeah McNair did make a poor choice in hiring him.

In saying that, Casserly didn't have a terrible record as Skins GM. Sure, the Heath Schuler pick was horrible, but the guy did have a ring as Redskins GM.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

God, I can't believe I'm about to pimp a Redskin other than Darrel Green...

Joe Gibbs won a super Bowl "in spite" of Charley Casserly.

HBJ/Velo/Big Daddy... Can someone please illuminate Rumps on Chuck?

Dude is HORRRRIBBBLE.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Hey, the team was moving in the right direction the first 3 years, so McNair didn't have any basis for firing Casserly. All the moves made between that year and the next were terrible.

At least McNair fired him at the right time.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Charlie gets clowned for Heath Schuler and Michael Westbrook and Desmond Howard, predominantly. But he did have some really good personnel moves that I'd have to look up. He put together our *Super Bowl winning team in the strike year.

Norv is considered to blame for many of the shit moves and even Snyder, after he fired Casserly and Norv continued to bust, suggested he fired the wrong guy (Casserly) at the time.

Last thing I remember about Casserly, he pulled of a "deal of the century" in 1999 wherein the Skins got all the Saints first round picks or something. They got Champ Bailey that year I think.

The Skins dismal - 15 years can only be explained by THE CAP, an exceedingly well put together and well coached Dallas Cowboy franchise during the 90's that ruled the East, Dan Snyder and Vinny.

If it were up to me, I'd take Casserly back in a New York Giant Minute.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:No, he didn't. He fired Casserly right after he drafted Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush or Vince Young when all the media morons like Peter King were freaking out and trashing the pick.

It was a ballsy pick and it was absolutely the right pick.
I don't think that was all Chuckles. Kubiak definitely had a say in that move as well. Casserly agreed. I'm sure if Kub's wanted Reggie and Casserly wanted Mario, then there would have been some issues there.

Casserly was right on with the pick, so I give him credit for it. However, his evaluation and choices from previous drafts were terrible. McNair had no choice but to fire him. Besides, Casserly knew he was gone before the pick was made.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Headhunter wrote:The Jaguars a a better club than the Cowboys? pfft. Please.
The Jags DID win a playoff game last year.

'Sayin. :lol:
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Oh, so this is a ranking of last years team? And why aren't the Giants #1?

My point is that on paper, given past performance and current personnel moves the Cowboys are a better team than the Jaguars.

But keep on hating on my Boy Romo and the Boys. I'm sure DF needs some more cash. Got any more predictions you'd like shoved back in your face.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

It doesn't matter, HH, the Fagboys can go 16-0 next season, but they still have to prove they can play well in a postseason game.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

^^ Beat me to it.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:Remember, HH, the reason the Jags are probably ranked ahead of the Cowboys RIGHT NOW is probably because Romo hasn't won a playoff game.
Garrard isn't exactly a proven commodity either.
Not so fast, Slick....Garrard went into Pissburgh TWICE in three weeks (the 2nd time obviously in the playoffs) and beat them, and almost got over on the Patsies. Romo has lost opening playoff games on the road AND at home. The criticism is valid.

P.S.- DF and I have already bet on this season so I'll be getting my money back.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

To be fair, as a Quarterback, Romo led his team down the field for a last minute victory against Seattle.

As a place holder is where he lost the game for them. That is no longer his job.

He also did not have a poor performance against New York. His Teammates let him down. His receivers dropped critical passes in that game.

The criticism against Romo is not valid.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

While the postseason line-up doesn't reflect it, the record does. Dallas was a force to be reckoned with last year and the New York Giant "Team of Destiny" intertia towards the end of last season will be tough to re-create. That being said, Dallas IS the class of the NFC East and getting better. I am not even remotely cautiously optimistic about the Skins, the Eagles aren't much better and the Giants - might not be better than they were last year. They would have to be.

Dallas wins the NFC East next year hands down. As for their standing in the NFC at large, hmmm .... hmmmm .... looks North (Packers ?, probably not), looks South .... turns head towards West - Seattle ? Maybe. Unless all the other teams in the divisions get extremely better than they were last year it should come down to Dallas vs. Seattle. The it's a toss up.

Somebody please put me out of misery. I hate being so objective. :lol:
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

There's something unholy about you praising the Cowboys.

Are you pulling some Big Daddy reverse Karma crap? I see you working.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

If Delhomme can come back, then Carolina has a shot at being deece.

Same can be said for Minnesota. They got their defensive end. If T Jackson can turn in a mediocre season, then the Vikings will compete.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Headhunter wrote:There's something unholy about you praising the Cowboys.

:lol: I'll never tell. When it's Dallas week(s) it's - WAR. But in all honestly, when the Skins lose, I ride the NFC East bandwagon and like to see an NFC East team bring home the prize.

As for my opinion of next year, I'm just sizing up an opponent and unless Jim Zorn and crew are miracle workers - can't help but respect what I see.

That and the Skins have been such a let down - predominantly in the front office - that it is almost approaching a Bobby Knight reset, and I'm more inclined to "layback and enjoy it" nowadays than throw haymakers at what has clearly been superior team in the past 15+ plus years.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tom In VA wrote:
Headhunter wrote:There's something unholy about you praising the Cowboys.

:lol: I'll never tell. When it's Dallas week(s) it's - WAR. But in all honestly, when the Skins lose, I ride the NFC East bandwagon and like to see an NFC East team bring home the prize.

As for my opinion of next year, I'm just sizing up an opponent and unless Jim Zorn and crew are miracle workers - can't help but respect what I see.

That and the Skins have been such a let down - predominantly in the front office - that it is almost approaching a Bobby Knight reset, and I'm more inclined to "layback and enjoy it" nowadays than throw haymakers at what has clearly been superior team in the past 15+ plus years.
Screw your reverse karma Tom. That kind of crap isn't going to work in the regular season and there's certainly no place for it in the off-season.

Couple things:

Dallas is a better squad than the Jaguars, and I don't think its close. Teams need to realize that you need to stack 8 in the box to stop their running game. I am not sold on Garrard as a stand in the pocket QB, and make consistent throws time in and time out. Sure he's had a couple good years, but as teams learn to prepare for him, you'll see a drop-off in his productivity.

Dallas' secondary could be freakin scary. Newman and Jones on the corners, Jenkins in the slot, and Henry and Hamlin manning the long balls. Thats sweet music to my ears. The Boys will have the talent to pin their ears back on the defensive line and murder opposing QB's. This defense will be fun to watch. That said, I think they're a better team than the Colts. I rank em #2.

Paulie,

You and I have a bet, and I'm feeling so good about my chances that I would like to take this opportunity to double it. If its too much cash for you I understand. No fat jokes needed, but I am going to whoop that ass.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

poptart wrote:
- SD is #5 -- and destined for 8-8, IMO

React
Jealous much?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

DallasFanatic wrote: Screw your reverse karma Tom. That kind of crap isn't going to work in the regular season and there's certainly no place for it in the off-season.
5 rings to the Skins' 3 ? No reverse karma here, yet. You don't need to worry about Redskins fan voodoo anyway. Were I you, I'd be more concerned with the HBO Jinx and whether or not the team hamming it up for the cameras will distract them.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 4fc57.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last time they were there wasn't good. But then again neither were the Cowboys. But the teams this show has visited haven't fared too well during the season. Ask KC fan.