Re: Extinct Bunnies?

Post by Smackie Chan »

RACK Bace
"I see everything twice!"
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Two pages and no references to one of the greatest killer bunny flicks ever - "Night of the Lepus?"

C'mon...DeForest Kelley, Rory Calhoun, AND giant killer bunnies?

Hell, I'm also surprised a pic from "Holy Grail" or a "Look at the bones!" quote hasn't been dropped yet...
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Night of the Lepus was horrible. You just can't make bunnies look scary. Not even with close-ups on their teeth while they chew glycerin. Worse movie that that though: Nukie. Holy chitballs that movie was painful bad.

I used to live within the Yellowstone Caldera and I can tell you that I haven't seen anything but a snowshoe hare or a cottontail rabbit in 15 years. In the mid 80's there was a huge jack rabbit infestation in the Mud Lake/Terreton area. The gubment tried to poison them but their numbers didn't diminish a whole lot. So they came up with the "Mud Lake Bunny Bash". On radio, TV, and in print they promoted the heck out of the event in which hundreds of thousands of rabbits were herded into a fenced enclosure and beaten to death by sportsmen. No kidding. How does that factor into your view of ecology, Mr. Vogel? My dad made some clubs out of inch and three-quarter dowel. We stood on the outside of the fence and when a rabbit came running past we'd smack it 'til it didn't move. The Fish & Game hauled away the carcasses in dumptruck after dumptruck. It was incredible. Some enterprising dude had the foresight to make T-shirts commemorating the event. Just the other day I found a picture of myself in one of those T-shirts with two punch drunk rabbits on the front. Those were the good old days before PETA, the ACLU and the like sued the testosterone out of everyone and turned the country into a melting pot of pussies.

The wolf introduction in the Sawtooth Mountains was the stupidest farkin' thing I've ever witnessed. Holy government bullshit, Batman! $700,000 per wolf so they can eat everything that moves and fukk up an ecosystem that was balanced without them? No thanks, Bill-farking-Clinton. All of you Washington dickweeds, stay the hell out of the Rocky Mountains. We're doing just fine without you Beltway Bastards.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

88 wrote:...and other ungulates...
You know, I think Rumps would appreciate at least one thread in this forum without a derogatory reference to his spouse.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Didn't realize Bace had died. Didn't know rosecea was terminal. T& P's.

PS - Night of the Lepus was terrible? Who knew, sincerely, Food of the Gods.
What were we just talking about?
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Rootbeer wrote:My dad made some clubs out of inch and three-quarter dowel. We stood on the outside of the fence and when a rabbit came running past we'd smack it 'til it didn't move. The Fish & Game hauled away the carcasses in dumptruck after dumptruck. It was incredible. Some enterprising dude had the foresight to make T-shirts commemorating the event. Just the other day I found a picture of myself in one of those T-shirts with two punch drunk rabbits on the front. Those were the good old days before PETA, the ACLU and the like sued the testosterone out of everyone and turned the country into a melting pot of pussies.

The wolf introduction in the Sawtooth Mountains was the stupidest farkin' thing I've ever witnessed. Holy government bullshit, Batman! $700,000 per wolf so they can eat everything that moves and fukk up an ecosystem that was balanced without them? No thanks, Bill-farking-Clinton. All of you Washington dickweeds, stay the hell out of the Rocky Mountains. We're doing just fine without you Beltway Bastards.
That's some pretty rough talk for a Mormon.

Let's talk about it over a some coffee.

PS - How about that Mitt Romney guy, huh?

Sincerely,

Glenn Beck
What were we just talking about?
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Rootbeer wrote:I used to live within the Yellowstone Caldera and I can tell you that I haven't seen anything but a snowshoe hare or a cottontail rabbit in 15 years. In the mid 80's there was a huge jack rabbit infestation in the Mud Lake/Terreton area. The gubment tried to poison them but their numbers didn't diminish a whole lot. So they came up with the "Mud Lake Bunny Bash". On radio, TV, and in print they promoted the heck out of the event in which hundreds of thousands of rabbits were herded into a fenced enclosure and beaten to death by sportsmen. No kidding. How does that factor into your view of ecology, Mr. Vogel? My dad made some clubs out of inch and three-quarter dowel. We stood on the outside of the fence and when a rabbit came running past we'd smack it 'til it didn't move.
I don't have any respect for a person who would beat to death any defenseless animal. It's the act of a very sad person. You can be the big funny and macho message board hero about it but at the heart of the matter you are a sad person. And the rabbit situation would have worked itself out by the hands of mother nature if man had just left it all alone. So thanks for proving my point.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Roger, you can go ahead and get over crap that happened five years ago. The world has moved on, Roger the Crapslinger.

BTW, I swear sometimes in real life too. I'm not perfect. I don't need to be perfect. I just need to strive to be good. That's what the atonement was all about. Now go to hell. ←See that's not swearing because I mean actual hell. Pack your opiates and razorblades and run a warm bath, cripple. Satan can't wait to jab a red hot poker into your 14th vertebrae.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Dan, the bunny situation did work itself out. The wolves have now made them extinct in the Yellowstone basin. Ain't nature and Washington wonderful?
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

This is an article that came out just yesterday and it relates to this topic. It's evidence for the point I was making in this thread. Anyone can see how the mind and arrogance of man is ruining much of the natural world. I speak the truth so don't turn a blind eye to reality. Disrupting an endangered and precious natural species so that the army can train to kill and maim people makes me want to throw up. Can anyone realistically support that? These tortoises are remarkable creatures by the way. Very beautiful.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080403/ap_ ... zJAP0PLBIF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mojave tortoises moved for Army training Thu Apr 3, 7:35 PM ET

FORT IRWIN, Calif. - Scientists have begun moving the Mojave Desert's flagship species, the desert tortoise, to make room for tank training at the Army's Fort Irwin despite protests by some conservationists.

The controversial project, billed as the largest desert tortoise move in California history, involves transferring 770 endangered reptiles from Army land to a dozen public plots overseen by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.

Fort Irwin has sought to expand its 643,000-acre training site into tortoise territory for two decades. The Army said it needs an extra 131,000 acres to accommodate faster tanks and longer-range weapons used each month to train some 4,000 troops.

Desert tortoises are the longest-living reptiles in the Southwest with a potential life span of 100 years and can weigh up to 15 pounds. Their population has been threatened in recent years by urbanization, disease and predators including the raven.

Weeks before the relocation, two conservation groups threatened to sue Fort Irwin. The Center for Biological Diversity and Desert Survivors contend that the land set aside for the desert tortoises is too close to an interstate highway and is plagued with off-road vehicles and illegal dumping that would disturb the animals.

The groups served Fort Irwin with a 60-day notice of intent to sue and plan to file the lawsuit after the desert tortoises have been moved.

"There's still a lot of work that needs to be done to make the relocation site more habitable ... so the animals would survive better there," said Ileene Anderson, a staff biologist with the Center for Biological Diversity.

Fort Irwin lawyers and federal wildlife officials determined the claims were unfounded and decided to go ahead with the $8.5 million project. The process began last weekend and will last two weeks. The tortoises, including about 67 babies, are being moved into habitats approved by the U.S. Geological Survey and other experts.

"The translocation of tortoises is a very complex process," Fort Irwin spokesman John Wagstaffe said in a recent interview. "You have to move them gently and make sure they don't get stressed during the move."

About a year before the transfer, biologists tagged desert tortoises living in the proposed training expansion area with radio transmitters and took blood tests to make sure they were healthy.

Scientists have a short window to relocate the animals, which recently awakened from winter hibernation and will return to their burrows in the summer.

Last weekend, a group equipped with receivers scanned the desert for signs of the tagged tortoises, placed them in plastic containers and hauled them to their new home. They were given water and released.

Scientists will continue to monitor the relocated tortoises for signs of stress.

Research studies show relocated tortoises typically spend the first year roaming. Over time, they settle down and survive as well as tortoises that stayed put, said Roy Averill-Murray, desert tortoise recovery coordinator with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in Reno, Nev.

"We're plopping them down in a new area that they're not familiar with so they spend the first year or so learning their surroundings and where the good burrow sites are," Averill-Murray said Thursday.

Averill-Murray helped plan the Fort Irwin project, but is not involved in the actual move.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

These tortoises are remarkable creatures by the way. Very beautiful.
I'd like to suck your blood out through cheesecloth, and spit it onto the ground in a mostly wasteful fashion. It's just how I was made - sorry.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Jeff in SD
Elwood

Post by Jeff in SD »

I'll be perfectly honest only reason I would give a shit if the tortoise wasn't around here anymore is if they actually killed the damn rattlers and sidewinders out here. Nothing better than tracking a group of illegals and having a lil piece of crap snake try to strike you because you are in its territory. God I wish Vogel would be bitten by one of these snakes.
mvscal wrote:That's because you're inhaling black cock faster than your fat wife inhales cheesecakes.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

mvscal wrote:So what? Why should anybody give a fuck if the desert tortoise goes extinct? What difference will that make to any human being on planet earth?
Wow that's just amazing. Earth Day is being celebrated in many cities across the nation on April 20th. If your city has a celebration for it you should attend. Educate yourself or at least do some Earth Day reading on the internet so you don't have to ask such a question in the future.

If man keeps killing off animals and plants then man himself can't live on the planet. That's to answer your question basically. You see the animals and plants are interdependent on each other. If those tortoises die off it will be to the downfall of another plant or animal. But if you're a big arrogant man then I guess you don't need to worry about it. Until you've killed everything and you can't live here anymore because of it. And the tortoise and bunny species have every same right to thrive on the planet as you do. I was taught a long time ago that true strength is demonstrated by a gentleness of spirit. Just killing off things that you think are lower than you because you can doesn't prove strength. It's arrogance and it will be to your own harm. Man is ruining the planet. That's not news to you is it?

Do you even like animals? Or anything or anyone? I'm sorry but it seems all the hate you write about on here comes from some inner rage that you must have to deal with. I'm sorry about that but why not look into it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

They need to send some of those wolves down to Plains.

Sin,
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Dan has now made a difference.

Now he has inspired several of us to go out of our way to harm defenseless animals. This morning, I stamped on a passing ant so hard that the threadings in my shoes quailed and nearly gave way. I then screamed, "FUCK YOU, DAN!!!!"...passers-by wondered, but didn't seem to explicitly disapprove.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

mvscal wrote:Which plants and animals? Be specific. Vague, arm waving generalities aren't going to cut it.
No offense but you remind me of my Tony when he was in early grade school. Why this? Who's that? Which one is this? Why? Why? Why? Look it's a biological fact that if one species is cut down it has a negative chain reaction and some other plant or animal will suffer from it eventually. If you don't choose to believe that it's your own problem. I'm not here to answer to all of your questions. As I said before the best thing for you would be to attend Earth Day in your own city. You could learn a lot and come away with a new persepective and a whole more positive outlook.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

:lol:

Dan, that bird looks like a fag. Have you ever given it a rim job?
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

How does a bird look homosexual? Your mind is warped friend.

Here is some food for thought from today's news especially for mvscal. I'm sure it will bring more curse words out of him but it's a risk I had to take.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080507/ap_ ... .3DwKs0NUE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not the natural order for Koalas to be a sever risk from man's pollution. Nobody in science will back you up if you think it is. Have you ever looked closely at a Koala? Or watched them at a zoo for a while. They are a BEAUTIFUL creature. Global warming must end and man must come to grips with the destruction he is causing on planet earth.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Now you're suggesting we abuse koalas? You're a sick, leering fiend, Dan. You should be stopped with extreme prejudice.
Charles De Mar
Elwood

Post by Charles De Mar »

PSUFAN wrote::lol:

That's quite a ghey comment. Who thinks like that?
yumyumsaladbar wrote:Hey Pickle. I think we're going to be friends
Do you know when you have a wank in the tub and the spunk gets all rubbery and floats to the surface? - thats pretty much like your posts on this forum. You seem to me like like some sort of rubberized jism ....floating on a sea of soapy piss water
Charles De Mar
Elwood

Post by Charles De Mar »

mvscal wrote:
Charles De Mar wrote:
PSUFAN wrote::lol:

That's quite a ghey comment. Who thinks like that?
Charles De Mar wrote:Signing a contract with The Crew usually requires the client to suck a lot of cock and I'm sure your Dentist isnt going to appreciate having to clean gack tartar off your 3 teeth.
mvscal wrote:
The Big Pickle wrote:My granddaddy owned your granddaddy!
In Wisconsin? Not likely. He probably just rented him by the hour for... you know..."services."

How many generations of Fukken Pickle's have guzzled groid spurt? At least three, right?
yumyumsaladbar wrote:Hey Pickle. I think we're going to be friends
Do you know when you have a wank in the tub and the spunk gets all rubbery and floats to the surface? - thats pretty much like your posts on this forum. You seem to me like like some sort of rubberized jism ....floating on a sea of soapy piss water
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

mvscal wrote:Go ahead, Dan. Lay out the environmental catastrophe that will ensue if there are no more koalas.
This is very typical of your egocentric point of view. Look there is a pretty darn big catastrophe if you happen to be a koala. Step out of your self centered human skin and look at the big picture for a change. Imagine if you happened to be small and a large group of koalas the size of dinosaurs decided it was fine to squat over your house every day and drop loads onto you and your family until you died or left somewhere else to die where you couldn't adapt? That would be fine?

Why do you have to always be a hard macho guy? There is a fundamental truth you should understand. That is that true strength is most effetively shown by elevating those below you. Not by snuffing them out just because you are bigger and stronger. That is being ignorant and being a bully. It's not strength. It's been my experience that people like you who always come on strong and big and rough are very soft at the core of their being. So I still hold out hope for you.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

^^^ Is this guy for real?

If so, RACK! Dan Vogel.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dan Vogel wrote:Imagine if you happened to be small and a large group of koalas the size of dinosaurs decided it was fine to squat over your house every day and drop loads onto you and your family until you died or left somewhere else to die where you couldn't adapt? That would be fine?
Giant masturbating Koala Bears? I’m guess 180 grains of lead from a .308 should put a stop to that nonsense.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:Didn't know rosecea was terminal.

You got me mixed up with someone else.
why is my neighborhood on fire
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Take it to the Eastern terminal.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

mvscal wrote:Just answer the question, a**hole. What, exactly is going to happen if there aren't any more koalas?
You used three name calling vulgarities toward me in six sentences. It's not worth it to me to carry on a dialogue with an adult who takes a very disrespectful approach like that. This will be the end for me except to answer that question by asking you, what exactly would happen if there were'nt any more humans? Who cares? Do koalas care?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yesterday I dug some holes in the back yard for my new deck. After coming back outside I discovered a cute little chipmunk trapped in one of the holes.

I went through the trouble of placing a few sticks in there to give the little fella a way to climb out and save himself. Eventually he did get out.

If I had read this thread prior to this, that woulda been one dead ass chipmunk. And I would have posted a pick of it blaming DV.

Fukkin' chipmunks better stay awawy from me for awhile.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

The discussion thus far: mvscal (left) Dan Vogel (wearing glasses)
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I hear dan's prostate is on the endangered species list. So go easy on it, mvscal.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Ace
Elwood

Post by Ace »

smackaholic wrote:I hear dan's prostate is on the endangered species list. So go easy on it, mvscal.

Only men have prostates
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Did you just call Dan a woman? Pretty clever, dude.