Sports Bar

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Sports Bar

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Who else virtually lives at their local favorite for the next two days of the year?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

My favorite place with a billion TV's, cheap pitchers, and sticky bathroom floors is an Irish place.....I don't think you could step foot in the door today. Plus I've got a 3pm meeting, during the Penn game. Girlfriend is out of town this weekend though, so I'll make up for it.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Re: Sports Bar

Post by mothster »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Who else virtually lives at their local favorite for the next two days of the year?
i'll settle for a big ass hi def tv with access to drink, high end grub, and private crapper
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Re: Sports Bar

Post by Rack Fu »

mothster wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Who else virtually lives at their local favorite for the next two days of the year?
i'll settle for a big ass hi def tv with access to drink, high end grub, and private crapper
Same. My local favorite is my upstairs game room. Sure beats sitting in a smoke filled bar with a bunch of assholes that I don't know and don't like, all the while fighting for a seat & toilet and paying $5 for a beer.

No thanks!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

My wife agreed (for the most part) with you guys. As soon as OU and Niagra went final she was on pins and needles for the pitcher to disappear and hit the road :( .

I am now relegated to my home office with the TV and comp to keep up with shit. :(
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Pablo
Provocateur

Post by Pablo »

As a friend of mine says, you can't "control your own environment" in a bar.

WAR cheap beer (Natty Light cans tonight) and HDTV.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

There is no smoking in the bars here in Florida though. It wasn't just a bar either but a sports "grill". Yeah I would have been plastered (most likely) at the end of the day, but she can be the DD once for God's sake. I understand the pregasncy and all but I deserve a day!!! :D

Okay vent over I'll feel good for a few weeks now.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

my TV sucks, but the Red Hook doesn't.

War: the tournament.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Went to a bar and grill today with a bunch of dudes to watch the game. We started moving some chairs so we could put some tables together and the cute waitress with a verrah nice rack comes over and asks "Do you want to push them together?" Well, the next words out of my mouth were "Are you talking about the tables?" :lol: She was trying to get into the Irish spirit and apparently the only green T she owned read " SQUEEZE ME" with a picture of a lime. March Madness indeed!!!
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I lived at MY favorite, O'Connell's, from 5am until 10pm yesterday. My head hurts this morning...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Yeah, Helmet's sports bar got a workout last night....I"m a little "dehydrated" this morning.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Man, for those of you who do the same thing and / or have lived in Norman, the worst part about doing the "all day long St. Pat's Day at O'Connell's" thing is getting up at 4:30am to get there at 5:00. It sucks sooo bad 'cause it's usually fuckin' freezing and there's no guarantee that they'll even 1) open the doors at 6:00 like they're supposed to, 2) that you'll have a good spot in line "only" getting there an hour early, and 3) that they'll start serving beer right at 6am.

Yesterday they didn't start serving weak point beer until 7am, and strong point beer and shots until 10am. I started drinking (heavily) at 6am, and left the bar at 10pm.

Shout-outs to: A guy named David Rice, who got there when I did, at 5am, and was still there when I left. He was the "lifer" today. He was also wearing a hat that said "I'm Korean-Irish, Bitch !!!" most of the day. (He's on the right...)

And my g/f... she got there at around 8am and stayed until I left at 10. Not bad for a chick. :D (She's on the right with her drunken b/f on the left...)

So, in conclusion, if you did the all-day thing at your whiskey bar of choice yesterday, Real Men of Idiots, (like me) I salute you.

the_ouskull
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

Skully, when you're a fraternity man, staying all day at a St. Pat's party is less an act of idiocy than simply the way things should be...especially if, like some of our happy band, you actually are of Irish descent.

What exactly do Korean-Irish guys eat for St. Pat's, anyway? Corned dog and bok choy?

:twisted:

(I'm kidding. I and my boys at Rivertucky were and are a diverse bunch, but clearly not greatly enamored of political correctness.)

:D

Seriously, it looks like everybody was having a great time. Especially you. Verrah nice-looking girlfriend, by the way. If she's got a personality to match, and you're in love and happy with each other, and on top of all that she can hang with you at marathon parties...for God's sake, man, marry her before she changes her mind.)

:lol:
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

'preciate that, Rich. She's i'ight for a white chick. :D

And Korean-Irish guys eat a shitload of toast for St Pat's, apparently. They serve green eggs (cold, lumpy) and ham (cold) for St Pat's there, but the toast is the only thing on the plate worth a shit. So every year, my serving wench has to deal with this order: Yeah, I'd like a plate of green eggs and ham, no eggs or ham, sub toast.

...and back to the girl, she can't normally hang, but she was a trooper on this particular day. I was pleased with her.

the_ouskull
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

So what you're saying is that on St. Pat's at O'Connell's in Norman, everybody is Elwood Blues?
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.