Montreal vs Boston

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Smoked Meat
You got served

Montreal vs Boston

Post by Smoked Meat »

There's usually a poster calling me out at this time of the year :|
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Montreal vs Boston

Post by Shoalzie »

Bergeron cleared to return for the Bruins

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=35 ... rvice=page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Habs are still going to sweep though...
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Smoked Meat wrote:There's usually a poster calling me out at this time of the year :|

Im your huckleberry. B's in 6....... (crossing fingers)
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Neely8 wrote:
Smoked Meat wrote:There's usually a poster calling me out at this time of the year :|

Despite the Habs owning the Bruins during the regular season, anything can happen in the playoffs (and Bruins fan knows that from past experiences!). If the Bruins can win the first game then that could become a huge morale booster and influence the following of events. I'm not expecting this to be a walk in the park even though on paper it should be. I think the Bruins will play a very defensive and boring game, then cap on Habs mistakes. In the other hand the Habs will probably try to get into Chara's head and make him take stupid penalties. Habs PP is lethal. Anyway, good luck.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Smoked Meat wrote:
Neely8 wrote:

Despite the Habs owning the Bruins during the regular season, anything can happen in the playoffs (and Bruins fan knows that from past experiences!). If the Bruins can win the first game then that could become a huge morale booster and influence the following of events. I'm not expecting this to be a walk in the park even though on paper it should be. I think the Bruins will play a very defensive and boring game, then cap on Habs mistakes. In the other hand the Habs will probably try to get into Chara's head and make him take stupid penalties. Habs PP is lethal. Anyway, good luck.

That is exactly why I have hope. In the playoffs, and more so it seems when these two teams meet, anything can and does happen. This Bruin team has at least shown some heart and fight unlike the ones of the past few years.

I really like what Julien has done with these guys. Alot of good young talent like Milan Lucic and Kessel have really helped. Andrew alberts return is a nice help on the blue line. I worry whether or not Savard or Kobasew can come back for the playoffs. They are hockey players though so I would expect them to give it their best. Anything from Bergeron is gravy at this point. Tim Thomas has been hot lately and all it takes is a goalie to stand on his head to take a series.
Montreal scares the hell out of me and all, but in all honesty there is no other team I would rather play. If these guys can't get up for a series against Les Habs then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs!!
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYsb12Wf1I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Time to tie this bitch up tonight in Beantown!! Nice to see the B's finally nut up and play physical. Those Canadians should head out to Hollywood at the end of this series. Plenty of great actors on that roster......

The Tour De Force performance coming in OT of game2. WHAT A FLOP!! Shocked the ref fell for it....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Neely8 wrote:Time to tie this bitch up tonight in Beantown!! Nice to see the B's finally nut up and play physical. Those Canadians should head out to Hollywood at the end of this series. Plenty of great actors on that roster......

The Tour De Force performance coming in OT of game2. WHAT A FLOP!! Shocked the ref fell for it....
Here we go again :meds: . What is your excuse now Bruins fan? Too many Habs fans in Beantown?

I'll tell you what though, props to the Bruins for making these series look a bit harder. Game 1 looked like a quiet optional Sunday morning practice for the Habs. A lot of people got fooled. Game 3, well we all knew the Bs had to win one at some point. Nevertheless it didn't take long for the Habs to adjust to your anti-hockey trap team. Keep playing that dry hockey game, it's your only option.

So if the Canadiens are actors does that make the Bruins character actors or supporting actors? :lol:

This said, time to end this bitch where it all started!!
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Smoked Meat wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Time to tie this bitch up tonight in Beantown!! Nice to see the B's finally nut up and play physical. Those Canadians should head out to Hollywood at the end of this series. Plenty of great actors on that roster......

Here we go again :meds: . What is your excuse now Bruins fan? Too many Habs fans in Beantown?

I'll tell you what though, props to the Bruins for making these series look a bit harder. Game 1 looked like a quiet optional Sunday morning practice for the Habs. A lot of people got fooled. Game 3, well we all knew the Bs had to win one at some point. Nevertheless it didn't take long for the Habs to adjust to your anti-hockey trap team. Keep playing that dry hockey game, it's your only option.

So if the Canadiens are actors does that make the Bruins character actors or supporting actors? :lol:

This said, time to end this bitch where it all started!!

That penalty called at the beginning of OT in Game 2 was ATROCIOUS!! It's the friggin playoffs and OT and they call that???? If the Bruins got that call I would have thanked my lucky stars. LET THEM PLAY!!

As for last night it was a classic playoff game. B's gave it their all but lose 1-0. They have given alot of us hope here for the future.

As for the Canadian fans in the "Garden" it does not surprise me. What you are seeing is the death of hockey here. The grim reaper is Jeremy Jacobs. He has alienated most Bruin fans at this point. He owns the team and lives in Buffalo. He has no care as to how good they are or what happens. He only cares about the ticket sales and concessions. Most Bruin fans won't go to games just so he doesn't get any $. Hell alot won't even go to Celtic games so as not to put money in his pocket that way either. For Hockey to thrive in this town again he needs to sell the team. That won't happen for a while I am afraid.

Oh and lastly I hope that Patrice Bergeron takes that pacifier out of his vagina next year. I thought he played hockey, but apparently not. What a puss.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Neely8 wrote:That penalty called at the beginning of OT in Game 2 was ATROCIOUS!! It's the friggin playoffs and OT and they call that???? If the Bruins got that call I would have thanked my lucky stars. LET THEM PLAY!!
If the roles had been reversed I'd probably be screaming injustice myself. To tell you the truth I didn't watch game 2, I just saw the highlights (I'm having Slingbox problems and its driving me really, extremely, crazy). From what I've been told the referees did a horrible job throughout the game. They had let a whole bunch of stuff go unpenalized for most of the game and then suddenly in the 3rd period they started calling everything, which obviously caught a few players offguard. I'm sure most Habs fans felt that game 2 victory was not as satisfactory as game 1 or game 4.
Neely8 wrote:As for last night it was a classic playoff game. B's gave it their all but lose 1-0. They have given alot of us hope here for the future.
Indeed, the future looks good for the B's.
Neely8 wrote:Oh and lastly I hope that Patrice Bergeron takes that pacifier out of his vagina next year. I thought he played hockey, but apparently not. What a puss.....
Bergeron was a Nordiques fan in his youth so I'm not surprised about that. :lol:
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Nice win by Boston last night.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Hell yeah baby!! That is what I am talking about!!

Looking at Tix for Game 6....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Got to give props to the Bruins they never gave up, even when Kovalev scored that first goal. The Habs did however give up when the B's scored the second goal and that's something Habs fans haven't been used to this season. This first round is becoming interesting after all. I will only be able to watch the first period tomorrow, if the game is aired somewhere in some dark corner of the net. Then it's off to work work and glimpses to nhl.com...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Awesome game this evening. Great back and forth action. The last 5 minutes were flat out insane.

Nothing like a game 7.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That third period is why playoff hockey rules all. RACK both teams and shame on me for predicting a sweep.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Looks like I've missed the most interesting game so far in the matchup. All is set for a game 7. This is going to be crazy!

If Mainiac comes out from his hideout then we could do an avatar or sig bet for game 7. The B's have the momentum on their side and this could be a good payback for 2002 and 2004. The offer is on the table.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

I was at this game and let me tell you it was truely awesome!! Best B's game I have ever been to. Up and down, back and forth. It was a roller coaster man. The "Garden" was rocking. The Habs fans were for the most part pretty cool. No issues that I saw, but then again I couldn't stop watching the ice. What a game!

Anything can happen in Game 7. It's gonna be a doozy!

MILAN LUCIC IS A MAN AMONG BOYS!!!
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

No sig bet for me. The truth is, I haven't watched one game of this series and I haven't watched a hockey game all season. We dumped cable to rid ourselves of the evil of television so no B's games for me. If I could find free live streaming on the web, I might watch.

Sounds like a great series and I hope the B's win. They won't of course. Game 7 in Montreal, are you kidding me? They'll lose in some heartbreaking too-many-men-on-the-ice kind of way.

I do lurk in here once in a while to see what you boys are up to. Nice to see some of the old cast of characters hanging around. I see podge once in a while over at fried chicken hockey fight site (that's about all the hockey I watch nowadays---fight clips on YouTube).

Go B's! (But I know better).
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

The game was outstanding and I am neither a Hab or B's fan . I am a huge fan of Kovalev and my beloved Rangers are still in it . The best TV was watching Cam Neely's reaction to the goals late in the 3rd period . He was stoked .
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Mainiac wrote: We dumped cable to rid ourselves of the evil of television
I'm seriously thinking of doing the same.

At least going back to free to air, the good old fashioned antenna which I'm told the signal is sent in HD...

These constantly rising prices are ridiculous.

Good to see you're still around M, hope all is well there.

Leafs Fan...
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Mainiac is a wise man...

The Bruins have nothing to be ashamed about. A lot of arrogant Habs fans thought the Canadiens would easily overcome the B's but I didn't think so (although after game 1 I was wondering if I had been wrong). After the B's had won 5-1 in game 5 I had lost all my references. I was impressed by the B's tenacity and they actually reminded me of the Habs in 2004. Then when the B's made it 3-3 in the series the momentum was clearly on their side and all the pressure on the Habs. If it hadn't been for Carey Price multiplying key saves in the first period of game 7 the outcome might have been different. Julien almost got his revenge on Gainey. 2004 revisited. The Bruins have a bright future ahead. Unfortunately for them, so do the Habs.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

I'm wise on my good days......

From what I've read and heard the B's have lots to be proud of and lots of young talent to cultivate. However, they need to find a goal scorer or two. The Habs have the talent to go far but they better show up to play every game.

Enjoy the games boys, it's time for me to break out the fly rod.
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."