nd is about to win the national title (fuck you goobs)

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan

nd is about to win the national title (fuck you goobs)

Post by Screw_Michigan »

calle ridderwall has been the fucking man since condra went down. easily the best game all year for the irish and for fans. nd scoring twice in the first five minutes, scu-m scoring 15 seconds apart in the second period, ot and a huge goal to finish it off.

the irish will not lose saturday night. jeff jackson is the best coach in college hockey and the sky is the limit for nd. hopefully for them hanson will be back for sat.

great night. oh, and nice appearance by the wcha's representative in the frozen four. no dak and wisconsin should probably spend next season in the cha to get their confidence up. pussies.
M Club
el capitán

Re: nd is about to win the national title (fuck you goobs)

Post by M Club »

i had a chat with god during the game and he agreed to trade tonight's game for a win against ohio state.

sheat, how to fill my saturday afternoon? these early starts on the west coast..
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Tough way to lose for Michigan but it was a great game. The one thing the college hockey tournament has over the Stanley Cup playoffs...in a one game scenario, anything can happen. Sauer had arguably his worst period of the season and put the Wolverines in a huge hole. Hogan played pretty well in relief and luckily for them, the offense finally came to life in the second period and made it a game unlike what BC did to North Dakota. Those were two ugly first periods. I feel for Porter and Kolarik but this team will be back next year for sure.

Congratulations to the plucky Irish...what an awesome run they are on. They thrash the #2 team in America, dethrone the defending champs and upset the #1 team in OT. Now they get to face last year's finalist. It would be cool to see them pull it off and finish the job but then that means it would MSU and Notre Dame in back to back years...kind of sickening for MichiganFan.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i said it in other thread

championship was nd vs michy

bc is tough, but if nd doesnt bounce, they win. ian cole will be a very good dman for blues in 3 years.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A bittersweet honor, Kevin Porter wins the Hobey Baker...

http://mgoblue.com/ice-hockey/article.aspx?id=133678" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Porter and Chad Kolarik were named All-Americans as well...great rewards for great seniors seasons. Oddly enough, both guys will be in camp this fall with the Phoenix Coyotes. I wonder if Chris Summers will join them or will he return for his junior season?
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Notre Dame got spanked. They got screwed on the disallowed goal, but BC was better and luckier.

The Badgers need to replace Mike Eaves with Mark Fooken Johnson and then they'll be back.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

bc is by far and away the best team in the nation. they outplayed nd in every aspect. the last goal by bc totally describes how good they are. every single break is created by their play.

this was still a phenominal run by the irish. they totally made up for their second half of the season. there's a new world order on the national scene and in the ccha and it's called jeff jackson and the destroyers.

how the hell did gerbe not get picked up by a state school? WTF

and yes, that disallowed goal was bullshit. it's fitting that a disallowed goal cements the nd season. they had a ton of those in the second half.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:the irish will not lose saturday night.
Screw_Michigan wrote:bc is by far and away the best team in the nation. they outplayed nd in every aspect. the last goal by bc totally describes how good they are. every single break is created by their play.

this was still a phenominal run by the irish. they totally made up for their second half of the season. there's a new world order on the national scene and in the ccha and it's called jeff jackson and the destroyers.
You're a fucking mess.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

omg, someone made a prediction - which are always stabs in the dark - that didn't come to pass and then afterward commented on what actually transpired. real fookin' mess, eh.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BC sure knows how to find those diminutive goal scorers...Brian Gionta has shown he's able to play well on the next level. I'm sure Gerbe will be able to make it in the NHL because his ability to score goals in traffic areas amongst much bigger players. He'll get pushed around more in the NHL though. He's got another year of eligibility but the Sabres sure could use him next year after missing the playoffs.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:bc is by far and away the best team in the nation.

That's debatable but I'm not questioning them as national champs. It is impressive to see a team win a title with a freshman goalie. I thought Michigan was the best team for the majority of the season but really put themselves in a tough spot with having an awful first period on Thursday night. In a one game scenario, a bad period can ruin your season and it pretty much did. Or at least it ruined Billy Sauer's season.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:
That's debatable but I'm not questioning them as national champs.
Based on that statement you are questioning them. That statement is akin to you debating on if Kansas was the best Men's Basketball team in the nation this past season.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:
That's debatable but I'm not questioning them as national champs.
Based on that statement you are questioning them. That statement is akin to you debating on if Kansas was the best Men's Basketball team in the nation this past season.

Up until the tournament, Michigan was the best team in the country...that's really what I'm saying. Was Kansas the best team in America when the basketball tournament started? I think the 4 #1 seeds had claims on being the pre-tournament favorite but I think most favored Carolina above all.

It's really about showing up in the "second season". You can be the best team in the regular season but then that doesn't mean you'll win in the postseason. If that's the case, then the Patriots would've won the Super Bowl. Instead, the Giants were the hot team in the postseason and they took care of business.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

M Club wrote:omg, someone made a prediction - which are always stabs in the dark - that didn't come to pass and then afterward commented on what actually transpired. real fookin' mess, eh.
Notre Dame could have won, and Screwball would still be a fucking mess.

Oh, and props to the CCHA for their string of 1 national championships.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:Up until the tournament, Michigan was the best team in the country...that's really what I'm saying. Was Kansas the best team in America when the basketball tournament started? I think the 4 #1 seeds had claims on being the pre-tournament favorite but I think most favored Carolina above all.

It's really about showing up in the "second season". You can be the best team in the regular season but then that doesn't mean you'll win in the postseason. If that's the case, then the Patriots would've won the Super Bowl. Instead, the Giants were the hot team in the postseason and they took care of business.
The "second season" is the season that matters. Michigan was definitely the #1 team going into the tournament, but Boston College ended up being the best team in the country for this past season.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

One our local media hacks is floating the idea of Wisconsin and Minnesota bolting the WCHA for the CCHA. He thinks it’s logical with the Big 10 Network cranking up. Also, Penn State and Illinois both have budding hockey programs (Illinois won the ACHA title at 38-0). Apparently there is an NCAA bylaw that says if 6 or more teams from a conference play a sport at the D1 level, they must play as a conference. If Illinois and/or PSU move up, that could force their hand. And the CCHA could finally matter.