What a POS

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

What a POS

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I know I'm opening myself up for more Mrs. Rumps jokes, so have at it.

As most of you know she is a high-school history teacher. I get a call from her and she says one of her students refused to take a quiz and when she told him he had to, he threw his pen (tip exposed) at her and it hit her neck. She called the principal's office and told them what happened, so the police came and got him and now his parents have to pick him up and pay a fine. She says there is a dark indention where the pen hit her neck and she says it hurts.

Motherfucker.

If I see this kid, his ass will be stomped to the ground. Consequences or not, nobody abuses my wife. Fucking hell.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Screw_Michigan

Re: What a POS

Post by Screw_Michigan »

considering she outweighs the POS by at least a buck, buck-fitty, why didn't she just kick his ass herself?
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Screw_Michigan wrote:considering she outweighs the POS by at least a buck, buck-fitty, why didn't she just kick his ass herself?

Oh I don't know....she'd lose her job, maybe?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RumpleForeskin wrote:She says there is a dark indention where the pen hit her neck and she says it hurts.
As a veteran of the scholastic environment, I can tell you from experience that a stab wound from the business end of a ballpoint pen leaves ink remnants behind, giving the victim a "schoolhouse tattoo."

Consequences or not, nobody abuses my wife. Fucking hell.

The only "consequences" of our abuse have been a huge boon to our shareholders.

Sin,
Sara Lee, Jimmy Dean, and The Pillsbury Doughboy
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:considering she outweighs the POS by at least a buck, buck-fitty, why didn't she just kick his ass herself?

Oh I don't know....she'd lose her job, maybe?
self-defense from an act of violence might be a legit excuse. then again, i'm not a teacher, so i'll let dins answer for me.

i remember when i was in high school 10 years ago that one of the big teachers (around 250 lbs) went off on a kid for taking a swing at him in the hallways. aside of punching him in the face, he fucked this dude up pretty good. and he wasn't fired. he was also head of the teacher's union, maybe this had a little to do with this.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I know I'm opening myself up for more Mrs. Rumps jokes, so have at it.

As most of you know she is a high-school history teacher. I get a call from her and she says one of her students refused to take a quiz and when she told him he had to, he threw his pen (tip exposed) at her and it hit her neck. She called the principal's office and told them what happened, so the police came and got him and now his parents have to pick him up and pay a fine. She says there is a dark indention where the pen hit her neck and she says it hurts.

Motherfucker.

If I see this kid, his ass will be stomped to the ground. Consequences or not, nobody abuses my wife. Fucking hell.
Outstanding logic. :meds:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote: i remember when i was in high school 10 years ago that one of the big teachers (around 250 lbs) went off on a kid for taking a swing at him in the hallways. aside of punching him in the face, he fucked this dude up pretty good. and he wasn't fired.

Had a similar situation in high school, involving the teacher actually calling my friend out into the hallway during class for mouthing off.

Except it didn't end very well for the teacher. Naturally, the rest of us swarmed to the hallway, just in time to witness that dickhead taking an asskicking for the ages. I think the school board was too busy laughing to fire the guy -- but they transfered him to another school.... but not before he tried the same shit with me. My response went something like "Wow dude, you think Ty;er was tough? You ain't seen nothing yet, bro."

He rethought his actions. Wise move.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Why should she give a fuck if he takes a quiz or not? I'd just shrug and pencil the idiot in for a zero. No fuss, no muss.

mv, its not that easy. You can't just give a kid a zero. Its so fucked up. If a kid does not turn in work or does not take a quiz, the teacher must give him an opportunity to make it up. Now, this rule clearly states that the teacher is suppose to make time before and/or after school for these "make-up" sessions, but my wife scratched that idea. She thinks its rediculous that she would have to alter her schedule to allow a lethargic fuckwad pimple faced teenager to make-up work. She just picks a couple of days every six weeks in class and designates them as make-up days.

How the hell does this prepare a kid for college?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RumpleForeskin wrote:How the hell does this prepare a kid for college?
I seriously doubt that kid is college material. A high-achiever looking to truly showcase his pen-throwing skills would not have chosen the largest target in the school.

Hey, you asked for it.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

BSmack wrote:Outstanding logic.

What do you suggest I do? Sue his parents?

You fucking liberals want everything for free.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
mvscal wrote:Why should she give a fuck if he takes a quiz or not? I'd just shrug and pencil the idiot in for a zero. No fuss, no muss.
mv, its not that easy. You can't just give a kid a zero. Its so fucked up.
Actually, it IS easy.

Teacher tells student to take quiz.

Student refuses.

Teachers asks clearly: "Are you refusing to comply with my request?"

If the student answers in the affirmative, you write the student up for insubordination AND give the kid a zero.

Kids don't get to pick and choose what rules to follow. If I tell a kid to be quiet, move their seat, take a quiz, etc., it doesn't get written up as "Timmy was talking," "Timmy didn't change seats," or "Timmy didn't want to take a quiz," it gets written up as "Failure to comply with the reasonable request of a faculty member." That is insubordination, which is clearly listed in most codes of conduct.

Submit the referral with an attached photocopy of the section of the student/school code of conduct indicating the mandatory administrative action on insubordination. The attachment forces the administrator to follow the rules regardless of parental whining.

Case fucking closed.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Mike, its not like she stood there and argued with the kid for a while until he got fed up and launched the pen at her. She passed out the quiz, he said he didn't want to take it, she said he had to take it. Pen thrown.

Are you telling me when a kid says he or she refuses to comply with what the rest of the class is doing that you just go straight to the referral?

If so, then you have no sak.

EDIT: Seriously, is this how your class goes:

Mike: "Lucy, stop talking"
Lucy: "No"
Mike: "Get out of my class. I'm writing you up."

Nice effort there, Mike.

I bet you're a real hoot with the prinicpals.
Last edited by RumpleForeskin on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Near as I can tell, your options are limited to...

1. Whining ineffectually on a bbs

2. Putting your scrawny (I read your post in the golf forum) frame in legal and physical jeopardy by initiating a physical confrontation with the kid.

3. Read Lab Rat's post above and copy that shit out for your wife to see since she obviously needs some help managing her classroom.

I'd go with option 3. Can you tell me how options 1&2 are better?
Suing the kid and his parents would be a waste of time. Chances are by tomorrow your wife will be fine. But feel free to spout off some more uninformed rants about us "liburals". I can always use a good laugh.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I see what y'all are trying to do.

The trolling is too obvious.

I mean, its all black and white with this incident, huh?
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

RumpleForeskin wrote:Mike, its not like she stood there and argued with the kid for a while until he got fed up and launched the pen at her. She passed out the quiz, he said he didn't want to take it, she said he had to take it. Pen thrown.

Are you telling me when a kid says he or she refuses to comply with what the rest of the class is doing that you just go straight to the referral?
Uh...no, you brain-dead waste of skin - pay attention.

You clearly tell the student what they are to do. If they refuse, you ask them, clearly, if they are refusing your direct order. If they indicate that they are, in fact, outright refusing your order, then you inform them that they are currently being insubordinate, with all the consequences that come with that choice. If they persist in their insubordination, then write them up.

There is no room for negotation or discussion. Kids are not part of the "process," kids are not legally or in any other way 'empowered" to debate the merits of classroom rules, and under no circumstances should teachers give kids that impression. The classroom is not a frigging democracy - it is a benevolent dictatorship, with the "benevolent" part being flexible as circumstances require. Even granting the kid the floor to allow them to argue is wrong - it makes them and their misbehavior the center of attention (which is what they wanted, btw...), diminishes the teacher's weight with the kids (insert obligatory Rumplewife fat joke here...), and achieves nothing positive.
RumpleForeskin wrote:If so, then you have no sak.
Really genius?

In my years of teaching, I've never had to resort to the above tactice more than once every few years, since word of the severity of the consequences spreads quickly. I've dealt with kids in my classroom, my labs, on bus duty, in the hallways, and during the oh-so-dreaded cafeteria duty, and I've only had TWO times in six years in which kids have had the balls/stupidity to cross the line. They got nailed to a tree by me and paid dearly with in-school suspensions and parent meetings. The parents, btw, backed my stand each time.

Oh, and I've never been such a frigging milksop that a kid has had the balls to throw ANYTHING at me, much less a pen.

Considering how well your wife's attempt at class management worked, you're the last person to be criticizing my input.
RumpleForeskin wrote:I bet you're a real hoot with the prinicpals.
Actually dumbfuck, my bosses love me and have made a point of mentioning my excellent class management techniques in my formal observations.

Even the kids don't have a problem with my technique - they voted me high school teacher of the year last year.

And once again - I've never had a freaking pen in the neck.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Dinsdale wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:She says there is a dark indention where the pen hit her neck and she says it hurts.
As a veteran of the scholastic environment, I can tell you from experience that a stab wound from the business end of a ballpoint pen leaves ink remnants behind, giving the victim a "schoolhouse tattoo."

Got something similar to that, 'cept it wasn't from a ballpoint pen, and I call it a "Dumbass tattoo".

This one time...in the Navy... The flexible coupling on the engineroom's attached lube oil pump declared nuclear war on itself and the spring-gimmick that connected the two halves of the coupling looked like a crushed piece of shredded wheat. While cleaning the spring fragments out the coupling housing with a metal scribe (basically a pencil-sized metal spear), I strained while trying to dislodge a stubborn piece of metal and...AUUGUGGHH!! FUCK!!! SONOFABITCH!!!...stabbed myself a good 1/4 inch deep right in the palm of my hand. Of course, that would have healed over time, 'cept that the coupling was slathered with graphite lubricant, so the wound in my hand was as well. It took a couple of weeks for the skin to grow over the wound, since the graphite kept it from closing up. Now here I am about 15 years later with a 1/8" long black mark on my palm. DOH!

Rumps, I wouldn't say that you're being trolled as much as you've just got a thread loaded with people who live to argue, no matter the topic.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

bunnies - ninjas... the coalition.

doesnt really matter, rumpleboob is fucked.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote: If they persist in their insubordination, then write them up.
Touché on paying attention, dipshit. "Persist" never even entered into it. There was no back and forth with the arguing. Shit happened just like that.

My wife takes almost the same approach you described for the most part, but did you ever think that you've had control for most of your career because of the gender difference? Growing up, I hardly ever saw a class get out of control when a dude was teaching. With women, it was much more prominent for the class to get out of hand.
I've only had TWO times in six years in which kids have had the balls/stupidity to cross the line.
Hey, fuckface, did I ever mention she has constant issues with her students? Nope. She is a good teacher with high marks for the way she handles her classrooms, so don't go assuming this incident was a common event. If it was, do you think I would have posted it? No. I hardly ever hear about her work day because it’s rather normal 99% of the time. You tout off like you have some super system that makes you the most successful and beloved teacher on this side of the equator. Hate to break to you, Mike, but Dinsdale already has the role of 'arrogant bastard who doesn't know shit'.
Oh, and I've never been such a frigging milksop that a kid has had the balls to throw ANYTHING at me, much less a pen.
Again, you believe you've accomplished something spectacular here. Fucking get over yourself, Mike. My wife has been teaching for 5 years and this happened for the first time. There probably won't be another time.
you're the last person to be criticizing my input.
:meds: How the fuck did you ever get a teaching certificate? Umm, Mike, you do know that this is a messageboard, right? Critizism is part of the game, buddy. The title of this forum out front shoulda told ya.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Why are you melting then?

I'm not....you ASS
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

post the udders again. and we'llall forget this thread.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

RumpleForeskin wrote:My wife takes almost the same approach you described for the most part, but did you ever think that you've had control for most of your career because of the gender difference? Growing up, I hardly ever saw a class get out of control when a dude was teaching. With women, it was much more prominent for the class to get out of hand.
That may be your experience, but it's not mine. Some of the teachers with the best class management skills I've ever witnessed (as a student and a fellow teacher) were women, while some of the absolute biggest wimps were guys.
RumpleForeskin wrote:Hey, fuckface, did I ever mention she has constant issues with her students? Nope. She is a good teacher with high marks for the way she handles her classrooms, so don't go assuming this incident was a common event. If it was, do you think I would have posted it?
Considering your stellar choices in what you post, one cannot assume anything remotely resembling logic occurs in your thoughts.
RumpleForeskin wrote:You tout off like you have some super system that makes you the most successful and beloved teacher on this side of the equator. Hate to break to you, Mike, but Dinsdale already has the role of 'arrogant bastard who doesn't know shit'.
Awww, sounds like you're transferring your anger toward that little kid to me.

Sorry genius, but you were stupid enough to post your wife's class management gaffe, so I responded. Deal with it.
RumpleForeskin wrote:Again, you believe you've accomplished something spectacular here. Fucking get over yourself, Mike. My wife has been teaching for 5 years and this happened for the first time. There probably won't be another time.
Oh, it sure as hell will if your wife is as big a whining crybaby as you've proven to be. Once kids smell blood, it's over. The type of incident you describe usually only happens to rookie teachers, not to veterans this late in the school year.
RumpleForeskin wrote:How the fuck did you ever get a teaching certificate? Umm, Mike, you do know that this is a messageboard, right? Critizism is part of the game, buddy. The title of this forum out front shoulda told ya.
You're pegging the irony-meter here, Corky. You spout off about some brat going Captain Ahab to your wife's Moby Dick (the pic wytching possibilities boggle the mind...), and when I originally responded with non-insulting, constructive advice, YOU got your knickers in a wad.

And how did I get a teaching certificate? Sure as hell not by allowing some brat to get me with a pen and then having my internet-muscled spouse swearing bloody (yet impotent) vengeance....
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Unless proven otherwise--this retiree from 32 years of teaching secondary high school science/biology/health with permanent NY certification for it thinks that Mike TLR teaches in a school district that has a well written code of conduct and an administration and parents that back it up. Mrs. RF does not.
I worked under the former conditions for most of my career, but sadly worked under the latter during my later years and that led me to an early retirement in 1994.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

She should have frog splashed him off the top turnbuckle.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

BSmack wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:
Near as I can tell, your options are limited to...

1. Whining ineffectually on a bbs

2. Putting your scrawny (I read your post in the golf forum) frame in legal and physical jeopardy by initiating a physical confrontation with the kid.

3. Read Lab Rat's post above and copy that shit out for your wife to see since she obviously needs some help managing her classroom.

I'd go with option 3. Can you tell me how options 1&2 are better?
Suing the kid and his parents would be a waste of time. Chances are by tomorrow your wife will be fine. But feel free to spout off some more uninformed rants about us "liburals". I can always use a good laugh.
Normally, BSmack is an uber-tard but he's fucking spot on right here.

Confronting the kid WAY after the fact is not a good idea. It may sound like the honorable thing to do for your wife but all it will get you is an assault charge and possible felony conviction. Is it worth it???

If she really wants to do something about it, what's keeping her from filing assault charges against the kid? In the very least it'll get his ass kicked out of school.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Fucking get over yourself, Mike. My wife has been teaching for 5 years and this happened for the first time. There probably won't be another time. :meds: How the fuck did you ever get a teaching certificate? Umm, Mike, you do know that this is a messageboard, right? Critizism is part of the game, buddy. The title of this forum out front shoulda told ya.
Oh gawd. Hey Hindenburg passenger, mvscal said what I would have done and then Mike described how to document the choice the tard pupil made. BTW, I was a "credentialed" classroom teacher longer than your hog's current tenure.

That pen should have either:

a) Burned upon re-entry
b) Skipped off her atmosphere
c) Gone into orbit
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:My wife takes almost the same approach you described for the most part, but did you ever think that you've had control for most of your career because of the gender difference? Growing up, I hardly ever saw a class get out of control when a dude was teaching. With women, it was much more prominent for the class to get out of hand.
That may be your experience, but it's not mine. Some of the teachers with the best class management skills I've ever witnessed (as a student and a fellow teacher) were women, while some of the absolute biggest wimps were guys.
I can help but think of a woman I know who got her special ed certifications despite having nearly no arms (congenital birth defect) and weighing about 100 lbs less than Mt. Rumplewife. For those who don't know, getting a special ed cert in NY involves, amongst other things, demonstrating the ability to properly restrain violent students. She's now taught for nearly 20 years and, last I heard, had not had a single violent incident in any of her classrooms.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Rack the intrepid young Harpooner.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Just so you know, teachers are held accountable when their students receive low scores. Thank the giggling ape you voted into office twice.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:I can help but think of a woman I know who got her special ed certifications despite having nearly no arms (congenital birth defect) and weighing about 100 lbs less than Mt. Rumplewife. For those who don't know, getting a special ed cert in NY involves, amongst other things, demonstrating the ability to properly restrain violent students. She's now taught for nearly 20 years and, last I heard, had not had a single violent incident in any of her classrooms.

Is she hot?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

handjobs would be seen as unreasonable requests, then?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

rack AP's blasts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:I can help but think of a woman I know who got her special ed certifications despite having nearly no arms (congenital birth defect) and weighing about 100 lbs less than Mt. Rumplewife. For those who don't know, getting a special ed cert in NY involves, amongst other things, demonstrating the ability to properly restrain violent students. She's now taught for nearly 20 years and, last I heard, had not had a single violent incident in any of her classrooms.

Is she hot?
She was a lot easier on the eyes than Rumplewife.

Yea, I know, that's not saying much.

Then again, the point is that she was/is a damn fine teacher.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Who cares? Describe her labia to us, NOW.