boones farm warning

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

bbqjones
indian black betty

boones farm warning

Post by bbqjones »

hawaiian blue. stay away.

whilst im know for liking my cheap beer, i also indulge in cheap wine occaisonally. strawberry hill was a hit in high school and it still is on a hot weekend or week morning afternoon. the stuff is no longer 1.29 per. so i guess you really need to have your wino on to pay 3.29. ive found myself buying a bottle or four lately and today was no different, except they were out of the fruity flavor and i bought the blue instead. fixed a cup of ice and poured a big'un @ 9:20 am in the morning. the stuff was so horrible that even a shot of vodka or cheap tequila couldnt fix it. stay far away from this stuff.

in with a case of natty light and some leftover chinese food pizza.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: boones farm warning

Post by Wolfman »

Boone's Farm--now there's a blast from the past ! I poured a few glasses of the "apple wine" back in my bartending days. Remember "Pink Catawba" (pink cat) ? Rack those soda pop wines.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

My favorite cheap wine story was from my navy days. We were visiting some quaint little italian village far enough south of naples, that you couldn't smell it any more. Really a beautiful place. We walk into the local packy run by some little old dago that knew a handful of english.

"We have a bottle of that, my good man" I said, pointing to a bottle of italy's version of maddog.

"Theeesa wine, eeeesa gooooda to washa you hands" He replied.

"Theeesa wine, eeeesa gooooda to drink" He said pointing to a similar bottle that cost an extra couple thousand lira or so.

"Well, buddy, our hands are mighty dirty. Better make it 2 bottles of the hand washing stuff"

I still break out "hand washing wine" resets whenever I talk to that navy buddy 20 years later.

I have managed to become a bit of a good beer snob, but, I will never, ever become a wine snob. Give be a big cold bottle of fruit juice errrrr cheap lambrusco any day.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Never drank Boone's Farm much, but I did imbibe on MD 20/20 and Cisco a few times when I was short on funds. Most Cisco and MD nights end badly anyway, but on one particular occasion when I was drinking some orange-flavored Cisco, I actually rowlfed before I got drunk and was so sick after that that I couldn't stand the smell of alcohol for the rest of the night.

Even worse, was that I was over at a skank's house with a buddy and his g/f and had a guaranteed lay that night. The g/f told the buddy, who told me (you know how it goes...:lol:) that the skank had a hankerin' for a hunk of OCkielbasa. Add to that the fact that she was going to be drunk and this was a SURE sure thing...till I fucking barfed that is. Fukkin' Cisco relegated my ass to the couch that night.

So I got no drunk, no puss, and a hangover from a half bottle of bad liquor.:Brad:
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

when I was short on funds
Like now?

Sin,

The OCMike fambly
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mike, did you ever get that psycho bitch landlord drunk? Mighta helped you "pay the rent".
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
when I was short on funds
Like now?

Sin,

The OCMike fambly
Ass. :lol:

Funds aren't a problem (from now through Sept anyway), because I'm racking up a shitload of overtime at the gig...such as now. UnWAR having to come in on a Sunday though. I was at my parents house kicking back for the weekend and was planning on telecommuting from there this morning, but the Old Man has a Mac and the VPN only works with a PC. Damn hippie parents. :brad:

One nice thing about this gig is that my boss pretty much auto-greenlights any overtime you want to put in if you want to make some extra bucks. That never sucks...especially if you like your job.
Smackaholic wrote:Mike, did you ever get that psycho bitch landlord drunk? Mighta helped you "pay the rent".
Ugh. There's no way I would have gotten that freak drunk. I mean, she wasn't ugly or fat. She had a decent body and, though 47, was probably pretty attractive in her 20's. The problem is that you never really know whether someone is a fun drunk or an angry drunk until you toss some alcohol down their gullet. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not willing to take a coinflip's chance that I might end up filleted with "MAKE THE VOICES STOP!!" written on the wall in my blood.

I wonder if the dude who rented the room is still there. :lol: I only talked to him on the phone a couple of times because he wanted to know when I'd be out, etc, and he sounded like a pretty normal, solid dude. Probably only took a night or two for him to figure out why I bailed in the middle of the month. I mean, if someone can't wait to get out of a place so badly that they'd rather stay in a hotel until they can find a new crib than stay there one more night, wouldn't YOU wonder why?
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

mad dog
thunderbird
pink catawaba
night train
cisco

all cheap crap, but all did their job.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Adelpiero wrote:mad dog
thunderbird
pink catawaba
night train
cisco

all cheap crap, but all did their job.
I'll drink to that.

sin
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

88 wrote:I used to live on near a winery that was famous for its Pink Catawba wine. It was horrible. You could only drink it when it was ice cold, and even then, the next day you would feel like someone drove a railroad spike through your skull. Worst shit ever. And people hauled it away by the case.

That sounds very much like T. J. Swann. The biggest difference is Swann will induce a high velocity purple vomit.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

88 wrote:I used to live on near a winery that was famous for its Pink Catawba wine. It was horrible. You could only drink it when it was ice cold, and even then, the next day you would feel like someone drove a railroad spike through your skull. Worst shit ever. And people hauled it away by the case.
it is teh suxor to have a summer Job at Lons Winery....damn....all you do is drink-->whatever is put in front of you.

i wasn't there; but, i had a roomie that did a 'summer' on the Island.

he assured; good times were had by all.