Yahoo! League (re: Keepers)

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Would you be in favor of having keepers for next season?

Option 1: No keepers
No votes
Option 2: Keepers starting next season
No votes
Option 3: Keepers going into next season
100%

Total votes: 4

Shoalzie
WingNut

Yahoo! League (re: Keepers)

Post by Shoalzie »

For those participating in the T1B FHL 2K7 league this year, the topic of keepers was brought. I figured we can put it up for a vote. The catch would be, if we do vote in keepers, that means everyone will have to commit for next season and you must be responsible for picking your keepers in the draft the following year.

Here are your options:
  • Option 1: No keepers, no commitments for next year...we'll start all over next year with no further discussion of having a keeper league.
  • Option 2: No keepers this year but make next year's league the start of a new keeper league. Get 10 or 12 teams together who want to be involved and we can discuss the terms when we get closer to next year.
  • Option 3: Have keepers from this year. All owners must commit for next season.
If you wish to submit your own keeper idea, feel free...the main thing is gauging how everyone here feels about keepers going forward.

I propose keeping 5 players from your roster for next year. You must keep at least one forward, defenseman and goalie. The other two spots can be any position.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Yahoo! League (re: Keepers)

Post by MuchoBulls »

Definitely all for Option #3
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

I'm all for option #3 but again my concern is some participants aren't really paying any attention to their teams or aren't doing so well...and I'm not sure if at this point it would be fair. Anyway, we'll see.

One thing I know for sure; Bay Street Basher will always reign supreme and Habsfan will be full of shit. :mrgreen: :hfal: :lol:

This message has now been approved by BSB and your local T1B admin :P :hfal: :lol:
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Put me down as in favour of option 3.
But I'm in agreement with Habsfan that it'll only work if people actually pay attention to their teams and rosters past the first week of the season.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

So far 4 for 4 on the keeper idea...I want to find out what the other 6 people think. Casey with Sex Panthers is someone I found HFBoards.com so I'll try to get his feelings on this somehow. He's done a great job this year and I'm sure he wouldn't mind keeping a few guys from his first place squad.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Long time no see all...

I could go with the keeper thing (option 3), but I admit I am one of the absentee owners. Last I checked, it was maybe a couple weeks into the season and I had yet to win a single category let alone a week. I suck. I was paying more attention to my fantasy football team.
Still a FlameFan
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's settled...keeper league it is.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I like the idea of the keeper league but my team fucking sucks. I only have three players in the top 50. Iginla at #2 is the only bright spot on my shitty team. Gonchar is the 5th ranked defensemen (36 overall). Kristian Huselius is my only other guy in the top 50.

I certainly DON'T want to keep this team.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Rack Fu wrote:I like the idea of the keeper league but my team fucking sucks. I only have three players in the top 50. Iginla at #2 is the only bright spot on my shitty team. Gonchar is the 5th ranked defensemen (36 overall). Kristian Huselius is my only other guy in the top 50.

I certainly DON'T want to keep this team.

You don't have to keep everyone...that's the good thing. I certainly would love to hit the reset button as well but you have to start somewhere. I hope you can hang around for next year though since we're pretty much all on board with the idea of this being a keeper league.